Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    You are funny
    You are misunderstanding me if you think i´m trying to bash Tyrande here. I always liked her and the NEs as a whole, i probably had more NE chars in the past then of any other race.

But that´s what she is, a priestess and not a fighter, she is a healer and was one since her early life and the war of the ancients. Even if she can fight, and i´m sure she has learned to handle herself. The notion that she should be able to outfight another Elf who´s whole life is about being a warrior up to a point where said person became general and leader of the then most powerful military force of that time doesn´t make much of a sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    She's just very smug as compared to everyone else who mostly just look sadly into the distance when they get saved by the plot.
    That made me really laugh and it´s so true as well...remembering the cinematic after they escaped from Orgrimmar and Thrall and the rest looking so sad “oh thank god Sylvanas didn´t come with a battalion of rangers and just killed us”

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Tyrande actually has the power to go toe to toe with empowered Sylvanas...power fades when she takes advantage

This and other reasons are why Sylvanas will not be killed even though she deserves death 10 fold

It's going to be AU Grom all over again, everyone just suddenly forgives her.
    Grom was literally manipulated by a time traveler to throw away countless lives in an unwinnable battle only for them to get corrupted by demons and have the lightbound convert them.

Id say Grom got the short end of the stick
    An'u belore delen'na

Elune is actively protecting Sylvanas. The Night Elves keep getting humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    She is foiled fairly constantly.
    Well to be fair, they know that very well at Blizz, they're even playing on that point, that's clear ever since the last Sadfang cinematic, where the "You just keep failing" blabla was what made her snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I have no words for this. She didn't give a f*cking sh*t about Nathanas. It was her boot licking servant that would die a thousand times for her. She never cared for him outside of having a powerful fanboy coming at all of her concerts.
    We can still hope there is something else than the obvious vomit-inducing romance between Nathanos and Sylvanas. Maybe Nathanos was part of whichever plan which would had to be used for Sylvanas to come back / be saved / be whatevered at one point after Shadowlands, and the fact he died negates all this, basically condemning her ?

I don't know really, I haven't played for a while so I didn't follow all in-game quests, dialogues and stuff so maybe I missed some obvious thing.

One can hope they won't go the ugly "muh I love him" route for the redemption story arc. I prefer hoping she acted "shocked" because it ruins up something about her, that'd be a lot more matching her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I just hope we get at least two new classes out of this:

- dark ranger
    - night warrior
    Expect these, alongside the Warden.
    There's no chance in hell Blizzard is expanding on the Dark Ranger and Priestess of the Moon like that, giving them new powers, spell effects, fighting techniques and melee choreography without them intentionally pushing for these to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Maybe she made a bargain with Death (Zovaal) to protect her little sister, the Winter Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I don't think that's a fair assessment on principle, because it all really falls down on Elune's characterization. Of course it's all plot mandated because Sylvanas has to be the raid's end boss, so it comes down to the justifications for it to happen. And considering that Elune is barely a character, for better or worse, narratively we kinda have to take it at face value.

I don't know if it will pay off, but rather than call it any sort of bad writing, it says a lot more about Elune's personality than anything else has done up until this point, and that's interesting; we know how Elune has interceded on Tyrande's behalf before, but now I wonder if Elune has cared about mortal life on a personal manner before the Night Elves and Tyrande, or was she more of an aloof and benevolent god that tried to keep more of a distance?

I'm more intrigued about what it says about Elune's personality, and as a choice given the gameplay and plot constrains they have, I can't say it's a bad choice.

Every medium has limitations; for tv series and films is actor availability and budget, and for games it's gameplay; a good -well, competent- game narrative is the one that is able to write around those issues when their arise.
    If Eluna cared about Tyrande it makes no sense to intervene here and not simply deny the Night Warrior transformation which has always been fatal in the past.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Who ever saw this coming? Another cinematic where Sylvanas activates noclip and monologues at her opponent, who chumps out at the last minute so they accomplish nothing of value while Sylvanas's galaxybrain plan goes according to keikaku. Hey, sure am glad Tyrande got her revenge for having her species and culture nearly wiped off the map overnight by killing a bunch of no-name infantry, a val'kyr, and then chumped out in a duel with the person responsible for massacring the civilians that relied on her. But hey, she got to mildly sass Sylvanas over killing the pawn Sylvanas herself barely showed tolerance of, so Sylvanas could look sad again, truly a resounding victory.

Can't wait for the raid cinematic to be revealed and it ends up just being Sylvanas ENOUGH!ing us again before she flies off to rehearse her monologues and help the Jailer with his.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Yep, Blizzard hate Night Elves so much they even got Elune to abandon Tyrande as she's going for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I don't think that's a fair assessment on principle, because it all really falls down on Elune's characterization. Of course it's all plot mandated because Sylvanas has to be the raid's end boss, so it comes down to the justifications for it to happen. And considering that Elune is barely a character, for better or worse, narratively we kinda have to take it at face value.

I don't know if it will pay off, but rather than call it any sort of bad writing, it says a lot more about Elune's personality than anything else has done up until this point, and that's interesting; we know how Elune has interceded on Tyrande's behalf before, but now I wonder if Elune has cared about mortal life on a personal manner before the Night Elves and Tyrande, or was she more of an aloof and benevolent god that tried to keep more of a distance?

I'm more intrigued about what it says about Elune's personality, and as a choice given the gameplay and plot constrains they have, I can't say it's a bad choice.

Every medium has limitations; for tv series and films is actor availability and budget, and for games it's gameplay; a good -well, competent- game narrative is the one that is able to write around those issues when their arise.
    With what we do know and how Elune has acted up until this point as well as the surrounding events, the most logical answer is sadly that Sylvannas needs to be a raid boss so we can't kill her but we want a flashy Night Warrior scene. The way Night Warrior powers have been described and work up until this point do not align with Elune's characterization thus far, and that's the issue. There could be some double-secret 5-D chess for Elune to intervene at this point, but I still surmise that even following such intervention there are better, more consistent, and more believable ways to do so while following the same theme.

As a slight example for the scene itself, if Tyrande does her little speech to herself to build up power to suicide herself to intercept and kill Sylvannas, regardless of Elune's intent it would've been the most logical thing to intervene before she launches herself to catch Sylvannas so they never get close. If Elune is 'protecting' Tyrande, you don't depower your warrior next to the person who is going to kill them. If Elune wants Sylvannas to escape, you don't give Tyrande the power boost she's asking for to get to Sylvannas flying away. If Elune had second thoughts about Tyrande blowing herself up after she allowed them to grapple, you don't depower Tyrande to the point where she's in danger as you're just having Tyrande jump out of the pan and into the fryer. All this leaves aside the whole history of self-destrutive tendencies of Night Warriors and Elune's apparent disregard and lack of intervention in the past, which makes the situation even more bizarre.

My general problem is that while I'd like to expect a well, thought-out narrative that can have surprises like you suggest, the writing up to this point doesn't really support it. I'd be more inclined to see deus ex machina to 'fix' narrative issues at this point.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My god that cinematic was silly xD

While the quality of the cinematic is very good (as always), Warcraft seems to have become more anime with every passing year, whats with the Dragonball Z flying through the air stuff?
    Considering FFXIV is the "weeb game" I think Blizz figured Warcraft is not anime enough. Shame they want it to be more like Dragonball instead of an actually good Seinen series.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    This time around, she got one little gloat in, instead of being roasted the entire time so progress I guess.
    Yeah, I guess it's progress compared to killing a Nathanos that barely tried or freezing a bunch of Horde mooks in Darkshore.

Any Nelf fans still in the battle will probably eat it up, just to have something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    People: FFXIV is too anime!
    WoW:
    I already said it the moment I watched this cinematic:

"Gee, I sure am glad I'm not paying a 'dirty weeb game like FF14" :^)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    have too kinda agree, and my biggest worry is the interview a few days ago mentioned Nathanos, and now this cinematic, seems his Death is going to be used as the catalyst for Sly betrayal of the jailer

"Why isnt he here, why havent you given me Nathanos"
    "He is worthless just anima a pawn to use"
    "I am noones pawn give him to me" banshee mode activate

then 9.2 Sly works with us to defeat jaliar because she wants her boyfriend back -,-
    Sylvanas: I'm gonna kill my sisters so we can all be undead together.
    Also Sylvanas: My boytoy is dead. Boo hoo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Yep, Blizzard hate Night Elves so much they even got Elune to abandon Tyrande as she's going for the kill.
    I think the story reason they'll give is that Tyrande was planning to an hero in order to save Sylvanas and Elune didn't want that to happen.

(OOC reason is of course that Blizzard can't have their bodypillow cash cow die)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I already said it the moment I watched this cinematic:

"Gee, I sure am glad I'm not paying a 'dirty weeb game like FF14" :^)
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Sylvanas: I'm gonna kill my sisters so we can all be undead together.
    Also Sylvanas: My boytoy is dead. Boo hoo hoo
    Sylvanas is such a great and consistently written character.
    I LOVE MY QUEEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Any Nelf fans still in the battle will probably eat it up, just to have something.
    They might get the feeling of troll fans now, the most abused race of all XD

Wow, she was kind of badass for, like, ten whole seconds before faceplanting once again. You can feel the wrath and vengeance of her people and goddess, and you can feel how little of a fuck the writers give about any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They might get the feeling of troll fans now, the most abused race of all XD
    I'd argue Trolls, Night Elves, Tauren, Gnomes and Dwarves all kinda get that stick. Draenei more or less too.

Some races get screwed by getting no attention at all, others get screwed by only getting negative attention, like being glorified punching bags.

I think none of it is preferable, although I personally (so subjectively) would probably prefer irrelevance over shameful relevance.

If she can’t beat sylvanas without the borrowed power of a god, she is unworthy of doing so

That was Elune’s judgement.. tyrande was not worthy of killing sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    English

Spanish

I'm useless as far as we know. But she did something and she didn't look stupid. Apart from the interesting thing about Nathanos.
    But at least her plot no longer counts as a kick in the Eggs.
    Step from 3/10 to 6/10.
    This is actually quite cool, Tyrande gets quite cool here, I actually thought she was very cool... - but there is no way Danuser would let Sylvanas lose.. but at least Tyrande looked more than a match for her with the full power of the night warrior.

Interesting.