Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is there any explanation yet why in the middle of the fight Tyrande conveniently loses her powers (or so) and can't kill Sylvanas when she is about to? Then needs to be saved by Ysera but can totally cause a nice mid air collision afterwards?
    Because killing Sylvanas would've resulted in Tyrande's death as well. Tyrande literally says "My life for hers" in Darnassian, meaning she was willing to die as long as she took out Sylvanas as well. Elune prevented that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Tyrande won easily, but then she lost the Elune powers.
    But I didn't really expect much from someone who lost to Greymane and tier/lost with Malfurion and then ran away from Anduin/Jaina/Genn and had to gas her own city because she knew she lost.

In the cinematic if Genn didn't actually say anything then he could have a clear opening on the Dark Ranger. He got what he wanted and she didn't. She just gripped her bow more tighly in anger, because she knew she couldn't do anything. She didn't even try to finish him off, and Genn was just like "see you later", leaving her and her loser attitude.

And no, I don't care about that retarded repeated argument how "Sylvanas was throwing Malfurion", yeah, that doesn't prove anything. Just that she was able to throw him, nothing more. If I am able to push Mike Tyson does that mean I am stronger? No. And Saurfang did interfere, otherwise she would lose. In the game she was kneeling, moaning with pain and has less HP(in %) than Malfurion. Which proves that she was clearly losing. And no, it's not in contradiction with the "A Good War" by Robert Brooks. The short novel is in fact more fresh(which means it has priority), but it isn't showing as much as the game(for example their HP or Sylvanas moaning and kneeling, I mean the moments before Saurfang threw his axe), so they are both canon.

Also: no idea why people are repeating the "why did she choke her, she is undead lmao" - like how else she was going to dispatch her head? Biting it off? It was funny the first two times I read the comment about it.
    Honestly, it was obvious Tyrande was about to rip off her head and not choke her.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Honestly, it was obvious Tyrande was about to rip off her head and not choke her.
    That's a choke, not a rip. She's squeezing, not pulling.
    There's nothing that can defend that part of the scene.

Also,
    crushing her neck would accomplish literally nothing. Sylvanas is possessing her corpse, but her real form is the banshee, an incorporeal spirit.
    Last edited by Jackstraw; 2021-07-01 at 01:06 PM.

Tyrande won easily, but then she lost the Elune powers.
    But I didn't really expect much from someone who lost to Greymane and tier/lost with Malfurion and then ran away from Anduin/Jaina/Genn and had to gas her own city because she knew she lost.

In the cinematic if Genn didn't actually say anything then he could have a clear opening on the Dark Ranger. He got what he wanted and she didn't. She just gripped her bow more tighly in anger, because she knew she couldn't do anything. She didn't even try to finish him off, and Genn was just like "see you later", leaving her and her loser attitude.

And no, I don't care about that retarded repeated argument how "Sylvanas was throwing Malfurion", yeah, that doesn't prove anything. Just that she was able to throw him, nothing more. If I am able to push Mike Tyson does that mean I am stronger? No. And Saurfang did interfere, otherwise she would lose. In the game she was kneeling, moaning with pain and has less HP(in %) than Malfurion. Which proves that she was clearly losing. And no, it's not in contradiction with the "A Good War" by Robert Brooks. The short novel is in fact more fresh(which means it has priority), but it isn't showing as much as the game(for example their HP or Sylvanas moaning and kneeling, I mean the moments before Saurfang threw his axe), so they are both canon.

Also: no idea why people are repeating the "why did she choke her, she is undead lmao" - like how else she was going to dispatch her head? Biting it off? It was funny the first two times I read the comment about it.
    If you mean by won, that she overpowered her for a brief moment than yes.

The problem is, that if she hadn´t lost her Elune powers, we have NO idea how the fight would have continued. For all we know Sylvanas could have banshee-screamed directly into her face and shattered it. Or just vanished into her incorporeal form.

All of that is pure speculation.

What we do SEE is a bit of fighting...Sylvanas does get pushed back being hit by the glaives, it´s very hard to see but i think she hit her swords, because otherwise she didn´t even scratch her.

And while Tyrande dodges out of the way of some arrows, the moment the horn sounds we clearly see Sylvanas aiming directly at her and Tyrande, being an idiot, having no weapons anymore. Look at that again, Tyrande even turns her back to her….that is so ridiculous, Sylvanas could have just shot her in the back

I also like the idea that some people think Tyrande could “choke” her head off….Sylvanas certainly doesn´t seem very worried, more surprised and has no problem talking thru that “powerful” chokehold and then her power vanishes.

And it takes Ysera to “save” her. Which is interesting, again Sylvanas doesn´t look impressed at all and Ysera doesn´t attack….but neither does Sylvanas.

Considering the bad guys also got what they wanted as well...oh yeah...that was a total loss for Tyrande and her buddies. And that is all we SEE without head canon and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    did you watch the damn trailer where she lost her power?

10k experience of sucking ass in wars?

everyone is a dead meant when you cut their heads or blast their ass, regardless of their "power", did you forgot how the "regular soldier" almost killed malfurion, the most powerful mortal with an axe in the spine?

those biases...

that is not exactly, stop saying nonsense about that too, Malfurion had all the magical power and almost got cut in half, Tyrande would get the same fate.
    Saurfang struck Malfurion from behind like the coward he is. If Sylvanas could've easily blasted Tyrande and Ysera, then why didn't she? She knew she couldn't win so she dipped.

Choking an undead is second only to Sylvie powersliding right into Frostmourne.

Why choke tho? Couldn't she at least gouge Sylvanas' eyes out? You don't need superpower for this.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post

The problem is, that if she hadn´t lost her Elune powers, we have NO idea how the fight would have continued. For all we know Sylvanas could have banshee-screamed directly into her face and shattered it. Or just vanished into her incorporeal form.

All of that is pure speculation.

What we do SEE is a bit of fighting...Sylvanas does get pushed back being hit by the glaives, it´s very hard to see but i think she hit her swords, because otherwise she didn´t even scratch her.

And while Tyrande dodges out of the way of some arrows, the moment the horn sounds we clearly see Sylvanas aiming directly at her and Tyrande, being an idiot, having no weapons anymore. Look at that again, Tyrande even turns her back to her….that is so ridiculous, Sylvanas could have just shot her in the back

I also like the idea that some people think Tyrande could “choke” her head off….Sylvanas certainly doesn´t seem very worried, more surprised and has no problem talking thru that “powerful” chokehold and then her power vanishes.

And it takes Ysera to “save” her. Which is interesting, again Sylvanas doesn´t look impressed at all and Ysera doesn´t attack….but neither does Sylvanas.

Considering the bad guys also got what they wanted as well...oh yeah...that was a total loss for Tyrande and her buddies. And that is all we SEE without head canon and speculation.
    also @Eazy

Tyrande lost, this is the end result.

But, it is clear, Tyrande + Elune's power > Sylvanas + Jailer's power

Can't do mental gymansitcs like "Tyrande is only strong with Elune's power not her own power" - this makes no sense in the warcraft context setting, because everyone who has power from magic uses the power of that source. If that source is taken from them or they are cut off form it, unable to use it, they'll be weakened. IT's not whatever power or whoever's power you are wielding that is fighting here, it is you fighting employing your abilities in utilising the powers or source of powers you draw from. So effectively, Night Warrior Tyrande is stronger than Jailer death magic enhanced Sylvanas.

Now, did the night warrior power fade or Elune withdraw it? Dunno, but since she got the power in 8.1, it's never left, she's gotten stronger and stronger, and with it she was clearly stronger than Sylvanas.

I would take an educated guess, that Elune withdrew the power to save Tyrande from killing both herself and (as I will now wildly speculate) Sylvanas too, even considering that Elune might want Sylvanas alive for a later purpose.. aware the Jailer has held secrets from her that could well flip her and be instrumental in defeating the jailer.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Why choke tho? Couldn't she at least gouge Sylvanas' eyes out? You don't need superpower for this.
    choking is a good way to convey rage/anger to the viewer.

i'm more concerned how some of these facial expressions in these cinematics keep making it through quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah begging in pure desperation sure is a strange definition of winning.
    Read the second part of the sentence. She was easily winning untill the Elune reversed the Night Warrior empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Yes, that's exactly why I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    also @Eazy

Tyrande lost, this is the end result.

But, it is clear, Tyrande + Elune's power > Sylvanas + Jailer's power
    Yes, and I fully agree with your post.

Was just posting my opinion about that fight, because I saw plenty of not so smart people who were finding excuses such as "but Sylvanas was just playing", "she had smug on her face", "she wasn't even trying". While in fact Tyrande with the Elune powers was clearly winning.

She was trying to remove her head from the body.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-07-01 at 02:35 PM.

Yes, that's exactly why I meant.
    I wanted to clarify some things that people on this forum don't want to admit.

1)Sylvannas's best feats in terms of 1v1 combat are defeating Saurfang and defeating Bolvar. However an Old Orc Warrior is not that impressive as a feat and Bolvar is just there to keep the undead from rampaging on Azeroth. He doesn't even come near the powers displayed by Arthas.
    2)Arthas had the Aspects beat and against the ropes from the moment we arrived in Dragonblight. If the Aspects were more powerful then they would be able to crush him without needing our help.
    3)While Galakrond was defeated back then by the Aspects have in mind that Arthas if not for the players would have been able to ressurect him and turn him into a giant Frostwyrm with magical powers just like his other Frostwyrms. A Frostwyrm isn't just a normal dragon.
    4)The Good War Book describes a scene showing the back of Malfurion getting thrown into a tree by a shadow spell but coming back up like nothing happened. Nothing suggests that Sylvannas was winning. It could have easily been her last resort as we saw in the game that she was rooted, pinned and kneeling clearly losing the battle even with the power of the Jailer.Both of them are canon and they don't contradict each other and it's about time this lie stops.
    5)Sylvannas has borrowed the power of the Jailer from the moment she made the agreement in exchange for souls.
    6)Sylvannas was unable to stop Jaina in the undercity. She was unable to match those heroes in the throne room and had to flee.
    7)She was unable to match two armies plus all the heroes gathered once she was surrounded and she had to flee.
    8)Has anyone ever wondered why the Jailer sends Anduin to take care of the Eternal ones and steal the sigils. Anduin so far defeated Kyrestia along with her most powerful commanders and then went to the Heart of the Forest and took the other sigil with noone able to stop him. Sylvannas has never shown that kind of feat and it's safe to assume that an Eternal one is way more powerful than Arthas or Bolvar. Sylvannas is just a decoy as she is unable to do what Anduin did.
    9)Finally when the time came to fight another powerhouse she lost badly against Tyrande and was unable to go against Ysera.

Need to make another clarification. I am going by what we clearly see happening not shoulda,woulda,coulda and if theories. Sylvannas's peak was Bolvar. Anduin on the other hand. Now that is a mega powerhouse.

Yes, and I fully agree with your post.

Was just posting my opinion about that fight, because I saw plenty of not so smart people who were finding excuses such as "but Sylvanas was just playing", "she had smug on her face", "she wasn't even trying". While in fact Tyrande with the Elune powers was clearly winning.
    indeed, the detail of the expression n her face, is not a random quick thing.. it take a lot of effort to do, - it is very intentional and telling, Sylvanas, knew she was in trouble, I think it is the first time we've seen her look in trouble since Malfurion almost got her.

But then critics wouldn't be wrong in saying the night elf pair keep coming close but never seem to manage to finish her off.

Tyrande was so cool "Elune lent me her strength, but the wrath is all mine !! " - loved it. and she tore into Sylvanas, it's really niec to see such an awesome cgi fight, I think it's the coolest they've done for fight scenes.

Very elven /acrobatic like from the two of them.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The fact that she had to put up a fight is evidence enough. She's not a one shot goddess. Otherwise, the story would be boring as hell.
    I think you misunderstood me. She DID oneshot the strongest warriors of Ardenweald. Basically Lord Herne and his crew. She did not kill them but severely wounded them with at the same time with a single strike.
    If she can do that the difference in power between her and everyone else is gigantic.
    Its basically DBZ Freeza Saga where Tyrande is a shitty Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Answer the questions.
    Write legible questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I forgot Galakrond showed so much ability to resist magic /s
    yeah, undead Galakrond will be fam, undead make people strong, Saurfang jr was just a strong warrior, but as Deathbringer was the most powerful Death knight, and undead Galakrond would be just insane.

Than tell me oh all knowing how you can ignore BLIZZARD stating Leishen will destroy the Lichking in a 1v1? And how Lei Shen than not being able to do the same with a wild god doesnt equall Wildgod > Lichking?
    because you are assuming Lei-shin is not stronger than a wildgod, because that event, when he is., you entire logic is flawed by default ignoring how things unfolded.

I make atleast comparisons, you just scream and cry saying ´´NONONO, its not true. Why? Waaaah I dont know its just not true, stop making my waifu Arthas look bad and in comparison my body pillow Sylvi´´
    A child can make comparisons, making one that hold ground is something beyond that, its evens ad when you are bringing up "my waifu arthas" when i give two shits about him.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

Saurfang threw an axe from behind. Malfurion might be powerful, but he doesn't have rock skin..
    no one does, thats the point, you can still be a powerful magic user but die from something else, thats why this cinematic does not make sense and its more for "entertaining" but forgetting consistency and logic, just like the others we had recently

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Saurfang struck Malfurion from behind like the coward he is. If Sylvanas could've easily blasted Tyrande and Ysera, then why didn't she? She knew she couldn't win so she dipped.
    Lets gloss over the fact that you are emotionally hurt by the fact of someone getting struck in in the behind in a war, why didn't she did? thats exactly the point, she didn't because the plot does not want her to do it, Tyrande need to leave and Sylvanus need to flee in edgy villain smoke again, same nonsense of how the villain, who can kill the hero, let then leave, or exit the room, so the hero can escape, is lazy writing from the previous century.

has no visible signs of decay, apart from pale skin.
    So does this mean that I see lots of dead people every day?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    indeed, the detail of the expression n her face, is not a random quick thing.. it take a lot of effort to do, - it is very intentional and telling, Sylvanas, knew she was in trouble, I think it is the first time we've seen her look in trouble since Malfurion almost got her.

But then critics wouldn't be wrong in saying the night elf pair keep coming close but never seem to manage to finish her off.

Tyrande was so cool "Elune lent me her strength, but the wrath is all mine !! " - loved it. and she tore into Sylvanas, it's really niec to see such an awesome cgi fight, I think it's the coolest they've done for fight scenes.

Very elven /acrobatic like from the two of them.
    Yeah, I liked the action in it.

And Tyrande. Tyrande! Its been a while since I've seen her in this (moon)light in a long long time. She was boomin.

Not to mention Elunes Power also made her tits bigger. That's the power of Elune as my guildie said it :P
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-01 at 05:13 PM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

Did he said exactly that?

because that was clearly chocking, not "removing head"

Read the second part of the sentence. She was easily winning untill the Elune reversed the Night Warrior empowerment.
    Up until her powerup that was about to consume her life, she wasn't steamrolling the screecher.

That is not how you try to remove a head with your bare hands, it was just for the sake of senseless drama, these fights are always funny to look at but are just unbelievably stupid. Like Tyrande throwing her only blades away

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Elune is actively protecting Sylvanas. The Night Elves keep getting humiliated.
    As much as I love to roast Danuser & co. for their lack of consistency, I must admit that this is one of the few things they've been very consistent about
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    For me Sylvanas had to show more than just escaping a chokehold to prove she could defeat Tyrande, especially after being destroyed so easily beforehand. And mocking your opponent isn't exactly a sign of dominance. It's a common tactic for enemies to try to instill fear in their opponent and then we have Sylvanas personality who is one that would mock an opponent, regardless if she was winning or losing.
    Where on earth do you get Tyrande destroying or even dominating Sylvanas, already starting at 0:50 time point no less? Before her jump at the end she managed to land one hit on her altogether, which amounted to absolutely nothing. And OK, Sylvanas' tricks didn't work. But what you forgot to mention is that the same went the other way around. Tyrande tried to gain the upper hand by exploding her warglaives after throwing them and Sylvanas didn't even stumble from that. The only time Tyrande managed to do anything of note is when she got yet another power-up out of her ass for the sake of her suicide charge and that fizzled out five seconds later, with her losing the strength to choke Sylvanas any longer, with Sylvanas moving her hands away immediately afterwards. Her mention of Nathanos provided more "destroying" than any of her combat actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    -snip-
    Good read. Agree with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Did he said exactly that?

because that was clearly chocking, not "removing head"
    Tthat's a speculation based on a few facts: she lost her weapon(threw them away) and said that she's going to get the banshee's head.

I mean... I am just trying to bring logic to that Blizzard writing. Trying to somehow advocate Whisperwinds decision.
    Either that or Tyrande was just too focused on her rage she forgot about Sylvanas being undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is not how you try to remove a head with your bare hands, it was just for the sake of senseless drama, these fights are always funny to look at but are just unbelievably stupid. Like Tyrande throwing her only blades away
    I somewhat agree(see my post above). I just don't see any other way that someone could decapitate one's head with bare hands.