Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Problem is, they most likely won't let the players do that either.
    Oh I agree 100% they are going to pull a redemption story for her. She's going to "enough" her way out of death from us for sure.

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And you have the guts of telling others that they are problem before posting this verbal diarhea.
    Not like your post was exactly substantial either. The irony!

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ultimately she still did nothing, Sylvanas got the sigil and got away, i mean you could say she sowed some seed of distrust when she mentioned Nathanos to her... but thats about it.
    I mean... Kel'Thuzad serves her master and is a pretty high rank within his army. There's absolutely no way Sylvanas doesn't know about it. Well, there is if they want to go with the "oh no I didn't know about this I HATE HIM NOW" trope but that would be such a cringe writing and realistically I can't imagine how she wouldn't know anyway.

    So I guess she gives no fucks at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah the entire thing doesn't make sense, unless Elune likes to play with mortals. Which could be true, it is quite possible some on the Blizz lore team liked the portrayal of dota Elune aka Selemene.
    Up until Shadowlands it was a common belief Elune was THE goddess of Warcraft universe. Seeing the extent of the Night Warrior powers and the connection between Elune, the Winter Queen and Shadowlands, I guess it's no longer a case. Which means she no longer should be a benevolent being by default. She might as well be like any other cosmic force, using mortals as tools and granting them power for its own benefit.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    You have not proven anything nor have you any facts because the cinematic contradicts the little fantasy story you have in your head.
    I've proven that every argument/point you wrote about the topic was wrong.

    Tyrande was clearly overpowering Sylvanas. That's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    That level of fanfiction is ridiculous, there is no possible way of a discussion. You only see what you want to see and even admitted as much when saying you are trying to make sense of it...because it didn´t make one to begin with.
    Says the guy who said that "Sylvanas was on the defense mode 99% of the time because she was trying to learn how to fight with Tyrande".

    Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Oh and yes, Sylvanas IS acting stupid, because that´s how Blizzard wrote her.
    LOL
    That's the point. She's stupid, because... Blizzard wrote her as stupid. It's not like Sylvanas has some kind of individual character outside from WoW, but I understand that sometimes fanboyism is too strong to realize the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They're not when the reason Tyrande got entangled is because she got hit with Sylvanas' spell (and when both achieve sweet nothing). You're engaging in special pleading right now. And yes, gritting teeth for a split second because you're being choked is a sure sign of panic. However could I have missed that.
    You can clearly see her face expression. She was helpless, couldn't do anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yes, it does make her stupid. I haven't argued against that part. As I pointed out earlier in the thread even her accepting the duel was stupid because she accepted it to make Saurfang suffer, yet the duel wasn't actually necessary to achieve that because she could have made him suffer by capturing him in battle (that the Alliance was unlikely to win by their own commentary) and torturing him for eternity instead. But Alliance surviving because Sylvanas got hit with plot-induced stupidity doesn't constitute proof of her being weak, which is your main argument here. It kinda indicates the opposite, if anything.
    Yes and I totally agree. My point wasn't that she didn't show how weak she was, but how bad decision she made in that certain situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'm trying to put words in your mouth so hard that you admitted you added a second explanation in the very next sentence. Do you even know what the phrase means? Or are you just blindly parroting something you saw on the forum hoping it would stick? To make sure you won't try to bend over backwards about this again, I'll just quote you.
    As I wrote above - I was just trying to see that situation from YOUR point of view - which still made my point correct, but with totally different interpretation of the event.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So given how your accusations here turned to be a bunch of BS, making you the dishonest person here, spare me your personal attack and remarks about how some people that are too cowardly to reply to me themselves support your opinion of me. It doesn't mean much right after you had to make some BS about me "putting words in your mouth" up.
    First of all - ss I wrote above - it wasnt BS.
    Second - I didn't say that they are agreeing with me. They just said that discussing anything with you is pointless and I should put you on the ignore list ASAP if I don't want to lose my time.
    And third - why do you think that was a personal attack? It wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And I'm aware that you're not the only person on this forum that hides behind baseless accusations like "you're putting words in my mouth by quoting me verbatim because that somehow makes sense" when they ran out of arguments. That fanfiction peddlers with no argumentative skill whatsoever despise me for exposing their fanfiction for what it is with numerous quotes from the game and books despise me to the point that they have to latch to someone else's posts in a feeble attempt to score a sad gotcha like @Feanoro did yesterday or that they spread shit about me behind my back in copium circlejerk only makes me laugh.
    "Behind baseless accusation"? Are you really still writing about the same thing that I already explained a few posts above? It's because you are totally argumentless and have nothing else to actually come up with? That's simply nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anyway, I'm not sure how your "not goalpost movement" that "I put in your mouth" makes your initial point still stand. Because it's just what I said in reply to the previous paragraph: the notion that Alliance characters survive fights with Sylvanas because she suffered from plot-induced stupidity (which in this case isn't even consistent with her character, because like I said Sylvanas usually lashes out when someone fucks her over and pisses her off) does not support your initial premise of Sylvanas being too weak to kill someone like Genn (who wasn't even in his Worgen form anymore), it disproves it.
    ^Explained it above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Finally, your comparison to this cinematic makes no sense. We have no idea whatsoever about what Elune wants, because we've never even met her. There's like a dozen suggested reasons for what she did in this very thread and they just as well may all be wrong. But in regards to the Stormheim cinematic there is no ambiguous goddess working in mysterious ways.
    As you wrote - they're just assumptions and theories. Nothing more and I agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There's only an old, limping man with his back to Sylvanas. And that's just the cinematic. From the quest text after it we know Genn had to be hauled out by others because he was poisoned. So it was actually an old, limping and poisoned man that had to be rescued by others. Sylvanas had a motive, opportunity and the ability to kill him. Yet she did nothing until those others appeared. There was no reason for her not to have killed him in that time and doing so would have been in character for her. Yet she didn't. Which makes it textbook plot contrivance.
    She didn't even fight him back after he destroyer the lantern. And as you wrote - there was no reason for her to not have him killed. The one good reason would be that she couldn't. She was fast enough to grab the lantern and she didn't even realize it. If he didn't say anything, She wouldn't even see him coming. It's obvious that Genn had an upper-hand. She was much faster(despite being old dude) and achievement his goal, while she received nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Putting aside how Saurfang's axe has never been stated to be magical while Godfrey uses magical bullets as shown in his fight. And yes, the argument pointing out how your comparison to Dragon Ball is baseless is indeed useless, you got me here. Either that or the point flew 50 parsecs over your head. Whichever it could be...
    Just saying that people who are argumenting that "Sylvanas was winning with Malfurion because she threw him across a few yards" proves nothing and is simply stupid. Especially in a fantasy world where people are hving much bigger and more notable feats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yes, you're totally not forcing anything by trying to explain the difference in events with a remark how there could have been a time gap between the two. A time gap that doesn't exist, because both versions show what happened immediately prior to Saurfang making sweet love to Malfurion's posterior with the business end of an axe. And yes, I'm totally the one who's wrong here. That's why I'm the one who has to pretend that two different versions of the same event are actually the same. Oh, wait, no. My bad. That would be you.

    Kinda why you're trying to hide behind general statements about how things happening in the game are just as canon as the things that were happening in the books and that neither presented the whole war. You'd have a point if you talked about something like an attack on a specific village that was only shown by one. But that's not the case here. Here we have a specific situation and general statements are meaningless here. Especially in case where both did show the event in question. And, lo and behold, they have shown it differently.

    What makes it even funnier is that earlier on you wholeheartedly agreed with a post by Darth-Piekus (which works wonders for your credibility on issues of lore, given how they are an A-grade fanfiction peddler that routinely sticks to their point even when outright quotations from the lore disprove it). Including the part where they said that their take on Malfurion vs Sylvanas is based on going by what we clearly see happening and not "shoulda,woulda,coulda and if theories".

    And you agreed with that (I mean, why wouldn't you, their take on that fight is exactly the same as yours). Yet here you are, merrily ignoring that the latest lore on the issue contradicts the game and doesn't show what you want it to show, excusing the discrepancies with "The scene that happened in the game shoulda,woulda,coulda be the scene that happened a few seconds before Saurfang threw his axe (even though they happen at the same time)". Consistent, this is not.

    And your remark about Orgrimmar and its scale is pretty much just pointless rambling, completely disjointed from the point at hand. There's no issue of game scale vs lore scale at play here. There is actually one more character involved in that scene in the game than in lore, thanks to the player, making this glorious tangent blow back right in your face. Congrats.

    Meanwhile in the real world the issue at play here is that the game and story events take place at the exact same time, i.e. immediately before Saurfang's peak moment of honor and yet they show completely different things, which makes them irreconcilable. And you simply can't handle that fact. That's why you bring up completely irrelevant nonsense like the amount of NPCs in Orgrimmar in order to deflect from it.
    I see that you're still having problem with a simple thing: they can't(and won't) show us everything in the game and in the book. They're are totally two different canon sources, and while the most fresh one is the most canonical, it doesn't mean that the previous isn't canon(as long as it is not contradicting with the events). And the Sylvanas vs Malfurion fights aren't contradicting with themselves up to the point where Saurfang saw the Malfurion hitting the tree and received axe into his back. Before that Windrunner was kneeling and moaning(and has less %hp) and that's the event shown in the game(that happened before the occurence that was in the short novel).

    As I wrote already a few times - they won't and can't show us everything in the game. And they can't and won't show us everything in the books.
    For example: we've seen what happened with the Illidan on the Icecrown in Wc3/WoW/The Rise of the Lich King, and only the parts that aren't strictly interacting are retconned, everything else is canon.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-07-02 at 06:19 PM.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post

    So I guess she gives no fucks at all.
    You might wanna rewatch that cinematic, it didn't sound at all like she gave no fucks.

  6. #446
    I am so tired of Sylvanas and of her undeserved smugness and her lack of punishement so far, and also fear that we'll see again this insufferable cunt with the charisma of a lobster and who was protected by plot too that is Nathanos Blightcaller.

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You can clearly see her face expression. She was helpless, couldn't do anything.
    I know you can see her expression. As I said, she merely gritted her teeth for half a second before she realized what is happening with Tyrande's power up, stopped struggling and slowly started smiling and gloating. That's not exactly an indicator of panic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    As I wrote above - I was just trying to see that situation from YOUR point of view - which still made my point correct, but with totally different interpretation of the event.
    Come on, I outright quoted that post (again). Nothing in there mentioned anything of the sort. But whatever. Anyway, I just pointed out how it didn't make your point correct at all, because that point of yours was about how Sylvanas is totes legit incapable of winning against Genn even when he has his back turned towards her (after a fight that showed that Genn can't even hurt her even if he lands a direct hit on her no less). And if Alliance characters have to survive a fight with Sylvanas due to Sylvanas catching plot induced stupidity and acting out of character (which is even your own premise in your attempt to see that situation from MY point of view), then it indicates it's the Alliance character in question that's too weak to survive under normal circumstances.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And third - why do you think that was a personal attack? It wasn't.
    Because it adds absolute squat to the the actual topics being discussed and only serves to throw shade on me?


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "Behind baseless accusation"? Are you really still writing about the same thing that I already explained a few posts above? It's because you are totally argumentless and have nothing else to actually come up with? That's simply nonsense.
    First of all, I have no idea why you're repeating the same thing multiple times in one reply, because you already said that bit in both of the prior paragraphs. Secondly, you only provided this explanation in your previous reply, not a few replies earlier. Thirdly, the post in question doesn't contain anything indicating what you've talked about in your explanation, though at this point I'm the one repeating what I said two paragraphs earlier.

    Finally, your explanation doesn't change anything about your accusation being baseless. Because you accused me of putting words in your mouth by pointing out you changed your tune in regards to a specific argument and calling it a goalpost movement. You did change your tune. Your own explanation admits it. I.e. I put nothing in your mouth. Had you accused me of misrepresenting your intent you'd have something to stand on there, but the idea that I put anything in your mouth there remains false.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ^Explained it above.
    Not really? If the "above" is referring to the paragraph above (and I can't see anything else in previous paragraphs that would fit), you completely missed the point of what you were replying to in this paragraph. Because the premise of that bit was putting the part about how your accusation of me putting words in your mouth is baseless aside.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    She didn't even fight him back after he destroyer the lantern. And as you wrote - there was no reason for her to not have him killed. The one good reason would be that she couldn't. She was fast enough to grab the lantern and she didn't even realize it. If he didn't say anything, She wouldn't even see him coming. It's obvious that Genn had an upper-hand. She was much faster(despite being old dude) and achievement his goal, while she received nothing.
    Yes, because an old, limping, poisoned man that had to be hauled out by his fellow soldiers (meaning that he most likely collapsed due to the poison or at least was significantly stumbling) was somehow immune to an arrow to the back. That he exposed to her. What is your source for this magnificent durability of Genn's back again? Because I missed that piece of lore. Must be some amazing back, given how even Malfurion is not immune to such attacks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just saying that people who are argumenting that "Sylvanas was winning with Malfurion because she threw him across a few yards" proves nothing and is simply stupid. Especially in a fantasy world where people are hving much bigger and more notable feats.
    So you're back to significantly downplaying how far Malfurion was thrown by an order of magnitutde and pretending it constitutes an argument. By this metric Tyrande didn't win against Sylvanas because she just patted her on the stomach and then gave her neck massage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I see that you're still having problem with a simple thing: they can't(and won't) show us everything in the game and in the book. They're are totally two different canon sources, and while the most fresh one is the most canonical, it doesn't mean that the previous isn't canon(as long as it is not contradicting with the events). And the Sylvanas vs Malfurion fights aren't contradicting with themselves up to the point where Saurfang saw the Malfurion hitting the tree and received axe into his back. Before that Windrunner was kneeling and moaning(and has less %hp) and that's the event shown in the game(that happened before the occurence that was in the short novel).

    As I wrote already a few times - they won't and can't show us everything in the game. And they can't and won't show us everything in the books.
    For example: we've seen what happened with the Illidan on the Icecrown in Wc3/WoW/The Rise of the Lich King, and only the parts that aren't strictly interacting are retconned, everything else is canon.
    I'm not having a problem with it whatsoever. It's just that, as I just pointed out and which you merrily ignored, this is just a general rule. One that does not even apply here. Because no matter how hard you wish to ignore it, the two pieces of lore in question did show the same point in time. I.e. what was happening immediately prior to Saurfang axe-sniping Malfurion's behind. Yet they showed different things. Meaning that there's a conflict between the two. Meaning that the newer piece takes precedence, because that's how canon works. You know, kinda what you mentioned in the last sentence here...

    And the part about how Sylvanas kneeling and getting blasted by Malfurion's spells (by the way, please do tell me more that bit about how you totally aren't trying to force a time gap between the two versions of events out of nowhere in order to explain the disparities here again) before the events in the book is just false. Which part of the fact that both versions show what happens immediately prior to Saurfang interceding can't you understand? In the game Saurfang appears when Malfurion is busy rooting Sylvanas and spamming Balance spells at her. He throws his axe to interrupt that. Nothing of the sort happens in the story and his axe throw happens under completely different circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  8. #448
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,059
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Her decision to burn the tree, just as an example, was clearly played as a rash action/emotional outburst because a Night Elf was mean to her. After basically everyone pointed out the laughably stupid idea that it was, THAT was when they decided to make her a Jailed tool.

    "Oh no, we aren't incompetent writers! She was just TRYING to fuck everything up, see?"
    It's even funnier when you take into account that whatever souls that Sylv might have delivered to the Blue Man was just pocket money, when considered into the grand scheme of things, and especially when you compare Sylv's relatively pitiful contribution to the massive, staggering amounts of anima that Denathrius boi had at his disposal. Sylv has never been but a minor shareholder in Janitor Corp., but she acts as if she was an anima tycoon? Not only that, now it is implied that she is going to destroy the prison, or something? /facepalm

    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    now to add icing to the cake, there isn't a fucking shred of doubt in my mind they'll go to lengths to redeem her character. It's going to be really fun when she magically becomes Xel'Naga and one shots the Jailer at the end of the expansion before flying off.
    She is highly likely to be redeemed - but in Danuser's style, meaning that she will help to release the Blue Man's grip on Andy, who will give one of his usual self righteous speeches to the Janitor (and to everyone else ofc) before killing him, proving that he isn't just a peacenik and thus removing the only arguable flaw of the character (which has never had any consequences for him, anyway). All shall bow before the God King of Azeroth!
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I love how they gave them the classic armour in BFA during that one battle event in Zandalar. Really surprising from Blizzard and it was one of the few times I was glad to be a Night Elf fan...

    - - - Updated - - -

    .
    Yes. The male version looked weird, but the females were awesome.

    I think they need to improve the night elf mae a lot. But it’s just age emo or changes could make a huge difference. Notice how the Zandalari model corrects many issues with the night elf male skeleton and posture.

    then all they need is to add some extra faces that are actually good looking. It’s weird how the females can be drop dead gorgeous and even Malfurion looks handsome, but for a pretty race the men don’t come close.


    anyway since Legion they’ve been given night elves a lot of love. Demon hunters were awesome to see and it was very nice they didn’t dominate them with blood elves. Yes there were lots of blood elf ones but the videos the vibe had a dominant night elf feel.

    also they were very badass.

    Farondis was also badass mage
    the Moonguard were quite badass in their fights
    the Nightborne, especially in the Nighthold were badass.

    Night warrior intro was pretty cool though I felt the premise skipping to a new power rather. Showing or restoring the older ones still connected to the night elves was bad. But the terror of Darkshore and the whole quest sequence was cool. As was seeing night elves dressed traditionally according to the types present in BFA

    now the mistakes

    1. Not delving into the Oriesthood of Elune deeply in Suramar was a misuse of Tyrande and much of that city’s connection to the order
    2. Failing to showcase the Sosterhood in the 7.2 Broken shore where their Cathedral is the main focus was bad. I know it was done then cut in favour for Legion and order halls. But they could have had the sisterhood approach and guide order halls all over so their presence was there.
    3. All the Nightborne going horde. That was bad. It’s not that having Nightborne available on the horde was a bad thing, it’s that the whole thing went horde. Given how central Suramar is to the story of the alliance Night elf group and that it was both alliance and horde helping, I feel it was a mistake to give it all to the horde, that has set back night elf development. What should have happened was alliance nightborne get turned back into night elves after eating the fruit that removes the curse, they rejoice in their new found balance and restoration of Suramar to the days before addiction where the priesthood, who were capitalled there return and Druidism is respected for the solution and salvation it brought. So alliance get the city and the night elves or the Cutty stays neutral but many Nightborne who restore to night elves ally with the alliance.

    Meanwhile the punishment for the loyalists and a large number of elitists who sided with Elisande and switched is

    4. Destroying Teldrassil in that manner.
    5. Weakness of Tyrande confronting Nathanis. Scene shoul have played out much more humiliating for him
    6. Ditching Prince Farondis, one of Leguon’s best new characters. He should have been in Naz’jatar in place of Jaina
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-07-03 at 12:59 AM.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Tyrande should have ended with Illidan, 'nuff said
    shes to old to go for the sexy goth bad boy shtick

  11. #451
    Wait, she did something? Did we watch the same video?
    Mighty one, never forget.

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Wait, she did something? Did we watch the same video?
    See if you see the story so far.
    Fighting and losing for Tyrande is an achievement.

    Until now he only watched and threw insults.

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Thanks, I hate it.

    just gonna repost my post from the other thread
    I honestly think Nat was her first actual love, I can't remember everything but i don't believe she has ever loved anyone else. Its a new emotion for her and after seeing what she did to Manduin I have an inclination she regrets some things.

  14. #454
    Herald of the Titans Alex86el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greece/Germany/Australia
    Posts
    2,649
    "she didn't look stupid"
    ....she threw away her weapons and tried to choke an undead.

    as for Sylvanas... she said a line and escaped unharmed.
    whaaat?? she never does that! lol -_-

    As for Elune, she is just lame, once again. No respect from me.

  15. #455
    take a chill pill guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    -snip-
    Not gonna waste my time answering everything in that wall of text. Just gonna try to be as simple as possible. So it would be easier for narrow-minded people:

    1. The game and the other sources of canon(such as books/short novels/comics) can't show us everything that happened.
    2. The newer the source the higher priority it has.
    3. If something happened in the game, and then happened in the book - it's retconned(see the point above).
    4. Everything that the book isn't explaining and is explained in the game is canon.

    So:
    Book presented something slightly different than the game, because with it you are almost limitless. In fact, you're only limited to the words, which can explain almost everything. While the game needs models, voice-overs, needed our participation(as players) etc.

    So, if you're following up - the book just shown us that Sylvanas was able to throw Malfurion, while in the game it's exactly shown that Stormrage was able to overpower Sylvanas in a fight.

    Throwing each others is just a normal part of a fight, that doesn't show or prove that someone is actually stronger(and it's a fallacy believing so, especially that we've seen such events in the game before). Same with the characters speeches(which is even more ridiculous thing to believe , I mean like even basic villians from the kids cartoons do so).

    Malfurion was able to bring Sylvanas to her knees when they were fighting. It's not explained in the novel because it's written from the Saurfang perspective. Varok isn't omnipresent(which should be already obvious), so he wasn't able to see it on his own eyes. He just saw Malfurion and decided to throw the axe, he didn't see what was happening before... but in the game it's shown that Sylvanas is clearly losing(which is canon).
    And that's all. That's fact, and facts don't care about opinions. Especially some kind of headcanoning of obtuse people.

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    1. The game and the other sources of canon(such as books/short novels/comics) can't show us everything that happened.
    2. The newer the source the higher priority it has.
    3. If something happened in the game, and then happened in the book - it's retconned(see the point above).
    4. Everything that the book isn't explaining and is explained in the game is canon.
    So basically given contradicting information you're nitpicking the part that makes you right?
    Convenient.

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    So basically given contradicting information you're nitpicking the part that makes you right?
    Convenient.
    He simply says that both are canon. The game describes a scene where Varok doesn't see what's really happening but just the back of Malfurion. He doesn't see the state of Sylvannas at all. She might as well be on her knees and that might have been a last attack in order for her to get Malfurion off of her. In the game Sylvannas is on her knees sending one last attack and that might have been the description in the book.

    I know that some people don't want their favorite waifu to lose now that with the borrowed power of the Jailer became somewhat relevant but she is not an invinsible goddess of destruction.

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    He simply says that both are canon. The game describes a scene where Varok doesn't see what's really happening but just the back of Malfurion. He doesn't see the state of Sylvannas at all. She might as well be on her knees and that might have been a last attack in order for her to get Malfurion off of her. In the game Sylvannas is on her knees sending one last attack and that might have been the description in the book.

    I know that some people don't want their favorite waifu to lose now that with the borrowed power of the Jailer became somewhat relevant but she is not an invinsible goddess of destruction.
    I don't appreciate when somebody puts words in my mouth, and find it a pretty abhorrent practice.

    This point being clear, the lore always operated on the premise that everything is canon and the books supersede everything. This is why I find the interpretation a little convenient given everything we know about Sylvanas' power ups.

    For the records, we're arguing about a quip so poorly written it's astonishing, but Malfurion can't lose in a direct confrontation ever against anyone given how he's been posititoned in the ever so useless power ranks.

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    I don't appreciate when somebody puts words in my mouth, and find it a pretty abhorrent practice.

    This point being clear, the lore always operated on the premise that everything is canon and the books supersede everything. This is why I find the interpretation a little convenient given everything we know about Sylvanas' power ups.

    For the records, we're arguing about a quip so poorly written it's astonishing, but Malfurion can't lose in a direct confrontation ever against anyone given how he's been posititoned in the ever so useless power ranks.
    That is not my intention. Those are the tactics of other individuals who do that all the time on this forum. As to the battle description has Blizzard ever mentioned if the book trums the game? Do they even contradict each other if they describe the same scene?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •