Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Tbf, we don't know. Sylvanas isn't your regular undead, she smells like flowers and has no visible signs of decay, apart from pale skin.
    Slyvanas is a banshee possessing her own corpse, she's like twice as removed from needing to breathe as a 'regular' undead.

Edit: Almost all 'powerful' undead like the DKs and Darkfallen don't decay.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Tyrande did what exactly?

Lose?
    Fall for obvious tricks?
    Be distracted from the real objective?
    All of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    English
    That was pretty cool. I liked it. Finally, some good revenge, anger fighting sequence rather than this whole "together, in peace and harmony, i want to be your friend" Barney bullshit that is going on.

By the way, did anyone notice that both Tyrande and Sylvanas are fighting in melee with melee weapons, even though the class they are based on are originally ranged? Just saying... my Night Warrior/Dark Ranger (and Warden) class concept might prove to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My god that cinematic was silly xD

While the quality of the cinematic is very good (as always), Warcraft seems to have become more anime with every passing year, whats with the Dragonball Z flying through the air stuff? Couldn't she just starfall her out of the sky instead. But aside from that and it was pretty cool. xD
    Have to agree. Gave me massive anime vibes. Though, it was cool, i prefer they keep it realistic than exaggerated (anime-style fighting mid-air with quick teleportation and punches that knock characters through solid matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Elune not letting Tyrande kill Sylvanas is interesting. Maybe it's a timeline thing and she's not allowed to kill her?

Only the Azeroth champion is, canonically. Something something First Ones = Time
    Elune: "Do not kill-steal, my child. The players have a raid to do in the upcoming patch. They pay for the game.
    Tyrande:

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    "Elune, it is time". Followed by Darnassian words that translate to "My Life for Hers". She's not trying to strangle Sylvanas there. She intends to unleash the deadly power of the Night Warrior to destroy the both of them. Only to have Elune's power fade.
    Reminds me of Goku vs Cell, where he tried to blow himself up (if i remember correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Well I surely hope so. How asinine is it to choke a Banshee - the Banshee Queen - in the realm of death? And I'm glossing over Sylvanas gasping for air because come on.
    You kill undead creatures in the Shadowlands, especially Maldraxxus. As for the breathing, think of it like Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Even though we are being told that they feel nothing, they still react in pain to being stabbed by swords. So, they added the breathing part for tension and realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    People: FFXIV is too anime!
    WoW:

FFXIV:

Yeah... that.
    Bunny ears and fluffy tails for humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    she is slowly going troll

But no, blizz have this fetish of putting giant fangs o tusks on elves in the cinematics/art
    What's wrong with that? she looks more savage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    So…

It seems my theory of 9.2 including the Gardens of Life and Elune is becoming more and more valid. Damn…

Almost like the plot is predictable.
    So, when does raising Galakrond come to play? 9.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Hell, we never see anyone in the Maw get tortured either because of the rating.
    That is a loss.
    How are they expecting to convey that this place is a horrible one just by telling that it is?
    Even the Venthyr and Revendreth seem to be more evil and scary than that. They are actually being shown torturing souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    And no, the power suddenly ebbing away doesn't make sense.
    Maybe it is meant to work like Void Form, where you are powerful but only for a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    But somehow Tyrande is super duper special.
    Every main character is. Especially the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Say what you want about the cinematic. The Voice Acting is pretty damn good. Sylvana's va and Tyrande's va did a great job. The Animation is pretty good to.
    Agreed. I wouldn't have enjoyed it if they weren't.

We don't need to see some Saw shit, the game can do a lot just with implication, see Krastinov.
    I beg to differ. We need to see him doing some sketchy shit if we want to view him as a threatening villain.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-30 at 08:53 AM.

I guess I can take a little bit of solace in Tyrande standing toe to toe with Sylvanas and not falling over immediately. I still think the whole Night Warrior arc is an absolute fail and the story would have been better without the transformation.

The real upside was the voice acting -bloody awesome.

she told Sylvanas that she took Nathanos' head and then she lost her "moon pawa". and that's about it .... what a great arc that night warrior shit is! (was?) . feels like commercials in the middle of a TV show

Imma come out and say it, bluntly even:

Sylvanas is a mary sue, and has been since Legion.

Her bargain with Helya left brutally obscure till now, the stupid crap with Genn vs Sylvanas where she nearly kills Genn but he manages to do what, temporarily set her back?

It was a precursor to everything in BFA.

Sylvanas destroys Teldrassil, no consequences.

Sylvanas denies the Alliance a victory by plaguing Undercity, Baine gets mad but doesnt do shit.

Sylvanas commits countless war crimes, nearly everyone around her notices shes a danger to people and yet they do -nothing- to stop her.

Sylvanas kills Saurfang, the legendary warrior of the Horde in a way designed to engineer him as weaker than her through her magic and trickery. An expected outcome, but his injury to her is, a very tiny cut to the edge of her eye?

Sylvanas fights Bolvar, who has the crown of domination, a device literally meant to break the will of undead and make them serve and somehow never employs it on one of the more powerful undead to force her to submit?

Sylvanas escapes every consequence in every situation she is involved in, every time she is threatened the only thing that ever hurts her even briefly is "Muh emotions" which absoleutley is a god aweful plot twist no matter how you look at it.

Even as far back as Cataclysm she goes against Garrosh and tries to plague Gilneas which she succeeds in doing, in a form.

Ultimatley there is not a single time Sylvanas is in danger, peril, at risk of death or in any form of mortal danger that could be permanently damaging to her life in the story.

Even ANDUIN freaking DIED at one point.

The only time this ever happens, the ONLY time, is when a random NPC in Cata shoots her in the back when shes dunking on Darius Crowley, of all the times shes in peril its one where ironic comedy is invovled.

And yet the Val'kyr just raise her anyway so it doesnt matter, even if it cost them their lives shes still got more.

To any Sylvanas fanboy/fangirl out there I tell you this:

When was the last time in WoW, Sylvanas was ever in any danger, risk of death, risk of injury or risk of permanent moral consequences on her for bad choices?

Oh Nathanos her boyfriend is being held by the Jailor or whatever?

Thats not a consequence, thats a completley pointless plottwist to contrive further reasons Sylvanas needs some "Sympathy" to try to make us care about this awefully written, terribly designed, badly executed character whose story has gone downhill ever since Cata.

Im actually expecting this to happen btw:

9.1 ends with Sylvanas becomming the new Arbiter, and taking the fight to the Jailor cause top 10 anime betrayals.

Yeah im expecting that, im actually banking on it because of how contrived her plotline is and how badly its being written.

Before Tyrande did the dragonball z jump, she said 'My life for hers' in Darnassian. (As per in-game subtitles)
    Following that, i think its pretty obvious she lost her powers because Elune didnt want her to die.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Her bargain with Helya left brutally obscure till now, the stupid crap with Genn vs Sylvanas where she nearly kills Genn but he manages to do what, temporarily set her back?
    Genn wins in Stormheim. Sylvanas's entire plan hinges on getting the lantern and he destroys it. Then despite being an old man and Sylvanas having a clear shot at him she does nothing while he walks off. There are many cases where you can call plot-induced stupidity in her favor but Stormheim is genuinely the exact opposite - not only does she completely fail in her objective but the one to survive when she has no reason not to kill him is her opponent.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-06-30 at 10:02 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

kek. chocking an undead xDxDxD

at least blizz is consistent with tyrande characterization xDxD at least her in all the franchise
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    The real upside was the voice acting -bloody awesome.
    Call it a minor criticism, but the VA of Ysera also voices Valeera, which is painfully obvious here.

One might blame the voice director, but purely going by the audio, i couldn't tell whether this was supposed to be Ysera or Valeera.

it seems the writers are only getting worse, and more and more drama-addicted

just kill them both off already

Genn wins in Stormheim. Sylvanas's entire plan hinges on getting the lantern and he destroys it. Then despite being an old man and Sylvanas having a clear shot at him she does nothing while he walks off. There are many cases where you can call plot-induced stupidity in her favor but Stormheim is genuinely the exact opposite - not only does she completely fail in her objective but the one to survive when she has no reason not to kill him is her opponent.
    You are correct. They made a bumbling idiot out of her:

Genn should be dead, there is no reason for her to not kill him.
    Malfurion should be dead as well, there is no reason to let Sadfang kill him.
    Baine should be dead also. As well as the people who tried rescuing him. Yet somehow she let them and the others just go. Only sent a token force, but the loyalist players are told that was a plan...what...plan?

If the Jailer/Maw is so desperate for powerful souls, why just blast Sadfang to death, just blast the rest of the leaders there as well and/or give order to attack. They said themselves they can´t win with their troops. There, all dead, war won and over.
    Also, the people who are so clever and walked straight into her trap at the battle for Lordaeron should be dead as well. Deus Ex Jaina should be, by all established lore, silenced by her Banshee scream and not be able to protect them. (and no, she isn´t that powerful) Would have fit the overall plan as well.

The fact that they always forget that she is a damn Banshee is infuriating. A Banshee powerful enough since WC3 where her scream could shatter the bones of people in armor making Arthas worried. Yet somehow one magic blast and a few stupid chains suddenly empowered her...right. Maybe he made her tougher, as if she needed that when it takes a fall of IC onto the blood of an old god to even kill her. I´m just mentioning this because people are still thinking that she is a push over and Tyrande should finally kill her. Tyrande is nothing but a priestess of Elune, she never was a fighter. Or Bolvar, who was so “powerful” that it took almost all of his power to only keep the scourge in check. Bolvar was no Arthas, and he also should be dead, because there is no reason for her to let him live. Hell she even saved the Horde leaders on the broken shore, should have let them die there.

Nothing makes any sense, thats the level of writing here.

What a great villain serving death. One that let´s people live all the freaking time.

Oh crap, I was supposed to have my sound on for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    You really need to calm down. Jesus christ. It wasn't even bad.

Tyrande is badass. Hope they continue down this path with her problems with Elune.
    No, it was bad. Of course, it was a pretty badass cinematic in itself. But as a part of the whole it's yet another display of Blizzard's complete disregard for characters and consistency.

I really miss the times when Arthas was the main villain, both as a Death Knight and as the Lich King, the Jailer and Sylvanas really pale in comparison to him, and when the Scourge was creation of the Burning Legion that went rogue and not the puppet of such a disappointing villain.

Animation was nice, but Sylvanas sits in her plot tank, can't call it armor anymore. They will reveal that Elune forgave Sylvanas or had a deal of some sorts. That made me mad. And yes, I know that Sylvanas is a raid boss and we knew that she would survive, but it's still bullshit deus ex machina crap. This writing team.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Tyrande is nothing but a priestess of Elune, she never was a fighter.
    You are funny

I just hope we get at least two new classes out of this:

- dark ranger
    - night warrior

Then this inconsistent crap had a purpose after all. Yes tyrande looks cool, but so do all night elves. Just look in my sig, every night elf I created looks awesome. Yes Sylvanas looks cool. So do all goth elves. Would be cool if blizzard manages to be consistent with their characters at least for SOME months. This new "ooohh look at my cute face.... I have teh feeeeelings" Sylvanas is ... I have no words for this. She didn't give a f*cking sh*t about Nathanas. It was her boot licking servant that would die a thousand times for her. She never cared for him outside of having a powerful fanboy coming at all of her concerts.
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    I really don't understand why Elune abandoned her, yet again. Is it because Danuser? Or simply Elune didn't want Sylvanas to die? Legit confused.
    It will later be revealed that Elune has plans for Tyrande and the Night Elf souls in the Shadowlands. Tyrande literally said: "my life for hers", Elune can not accept that as she still has use for Tryande, so she denied Tyrande the final blow.

And ofcourse it is because of that fat fuck who faps to Sylvanas.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    What a great villain serving death. One that let´s people live all the freaking time.
    Your post is entirely true. Sylvanas has as severe Plot-Induced stupidity as anyone else. Nothing makes her any different from the rest of the main cast in that regard save that she's the antagonist. Genn, Malfurion, Baine - essentially everyone at the gates of Orgrimmar given she could've ordered her people to attack, etc. Even her combat record only has a clean win against Saurfang, someone who any incarnation of her would crush and Bolvar, who was handicapped while she was empowered when they went at it and hasn't done any fighting on screen as the Lich King. She is foiled fairly constantly. She's just very smug as compared to everyone else who mostly just look sadly into the distance when they get saved by the plot.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-06-30 at 11:26 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.