Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That is IMO the biggest factor in Sylvanas being a huge annoyance rather than a cool antagonist, the fact that they have to dial down other people's IQs into the "Shoe size"-range for any of her schemes to actually work...
    I mean, what do you expect from a writing team that's showing Sylvanas being actually choked.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    She ATTEMPTED to do something. But failed.

So really, nothing happened. Nothing changed. If all actions lead to status quo, then have you really accomplished anything?
    Have you watched the same cinematic? She beated Sylvanas (which was quite untouchable until now) until the part her powers faded - we will learn of Elune's reasons for that later in covenant campaign.

She also seeded mistrust towards Jailer and obviously hit a nerve with Nathanos. This alone might lead into meaningful change of events in future.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Sometimes it feels like Blizzard has this idea for characters, and it's good. But then as time goes on, deveopment changes, stories get shifted, and the story turns into total garbage. "We'll do it live" is Shadowlands current point in the story.
    I dont think thats true for Tyrande since even from the start she did nothing with the night warrior stuff. She's consistently done nothing but fail for some time now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Have you watched the same cinematic? She beated Sylvanas (which was quite untouchable until now) until the part her powers faded - we will learn of Elune's reasons for that later in covenant campaign.

She also seeded mistrust towards Jailer and obviously hit a nerve with Nathanos. This alone might lead into meaningful change of events in future.
    That doesn't change that in the end she accomplished nothing. "I almost crippled/killed Sylvaanas" is nothing. You can almost do all sorts of stuff. If all her build up from the start of Shadowland just led to her being the first person to point out Nathanos was killed, thats pathetic. Any number of figures could have done that.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    I mean, what do you expect from a writing team that's showing Sylvanas being actually choked.
    Uh... That's stupid, Sylvanas is undead, she doesn't even *need* to breathe, heck, she can pop banshee form at will, good luck choking a cloud of evil undeadness...

I didn't watch the cutscene, i want the tacky stupidity to wash over me as i play through it, but this is uh... words fail me to describe it...

Uh... That's stupid, Sylvanas is undead, she doesn't even *need* to breathe, heck, she can pop banshee form at will, good luck choking a cloud of evil undeadness...

I didn't watch the cutscene, i want the tacky stupidity to wash over me as i play through it, but this is uh... words fail me to describe it...
    It's not just the act of choking that's dumb, and I could ascribe it to Tyrande just holding to Sylvanas' neck because she's about to become moon fireworks. It's Sylvanas gasping for air that really did it for me.

The jailer's been 'keeping secrets' basically confirms a last-second redemptive betrayal from Slyvanas.
    Slyvanas actually cared about Simpthanos, shocking betauser would put that little hook in.
    Why is Tyrande trying to choke a possessed corpse?

Seriously It's nice someone who wasn't a human or the player did something, it's nice to see a villain being pushed back instead of just showing up to gloat and dying in a raid.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The jailer's been 'keeping secrets' basically confirms a last-second redemptive betrayal from Slyvanas.
    Slyvanas actually cared about Simpthanos, shocking betauser would put that little hook in.

Seriously It's nice someone who wasn't a human or the player did something, it's nice to see a villain being pushed back instead of just showing up to gloat and dying in a raid.
    I liked that Maw behemoth getting instakilled, set the tone. Was it the Tarragrue? Didn't get a good glance.

Gosh this is so stupid and badly written. The writers' attempts to make Sylvanas cool villains and spectacular failure to do so only make them annoying.

It reminds of the writers of GOT's treatment of Cersei Lannister in the last seasons of the series.

Uh... That's stupid, Sylvanas is undead, she doesn't even *need* to breathe
    Tbf, we don't know. Sylvanas isn't your regular undead, she smells like flowers and has no visible signs of decay, apart from pale skin.

She didn't achieve anything though, even when trying to strangle her did Sylv look bothered, there was no sense of panic, no sense of being in danger.

Even when they fight Sylv barely looks even inconvenienced, that's the problem.
    Fine make her exceedingly powerful, but don't make her
    untouchable.
    Every cinematic featuring Sylv just comes across as her being max level, going around decimating people in starter zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Interesting to see that Elune is at least as strong (if not stronger) than the Jailer.

Also was about time someone whooped Sylvanas' ass, even if she got away in the end.
    isn't it weird how elune backed off though? Sylvanas even said that elune had a bargain? what is that bargain that was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Danuser didn't even have the balls to make sylvanas say, Simpthanos he was nothing just a tool to be used and discarded. I don't whats more pathetic danuser desecrating a franchise just to live out his fantasy of having edgy goth waifu care for him. Or the blantent redemption arc being shoved down our throats that nobody asked for. You don't commit warcrimes on multible occasions and then get of scot free. She needs to die with no hope and no glory. Just a whimper

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Thanks, I hate it.

just gonna repost my post from the other thread
    You really need to calm down. Jesus christ. It wasn't even bad.

Tyrande is badass. Hope they continue down this path with her problems with Elune.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Tbf, we don't know. Sylvanas isn't your regular undead, she smells like flowers and has no visible signs of decay, apart from pale skin.
    Slyvanas is a banshee possessing her own corpse, she's like twice as removed from needing to breathe as a 'regular' undead.

Edit: Almost all 'powerful' undead like the DKs and Darkfallen don't decay.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Tyrande did what exactly?

Lose?
    Fall for obvious tricks?
    Be distracted from the real objective?
    All of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    English
    That was pretty cool. I liked it. Finally, some good revenge, anger fighting sequence rather than this whole "together, in peace and harmony, i want to be your friend" Barney bullshit that is going on.

By the way, did anyone notice that both Tyrande and Sylvanas are fighting in melee with melee weapons, even though the class they are based on are originally ranged? Just saying... my Night Warrior/Dark Ranger (and Warden) class concept might prove to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My god that cinematic was silly xD

While the quality of the cinematic is very good (as always), Warcraft seems to have become more anime with every passing year, whats with the Dragonball Z flying through the air stuff? Couldn't she just starfall her out of the sky instead. But aside from that and it was pretty cool. xD
    Have to agree. Gave me massive anime vibes. Though, it was cool, i prefer they keep it realistic than exaggerated (anime-style fighting mid-air with quick teleportation and punches that knock characters through solid matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Elune not letting Tyrande kill Sylvanas is interesting. Maybe it's a timeline thing and she's not allowed to kill her?

Only the Azeroth champion is, canonically. Something something First Ones = Time
    Elune: "Do not kill-steal, my child. The players have a raid to do in the upcoming patch. They pay for the game.
    Tyrande:

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    "Elune, it is time". Followed by Darnassian words that translate to "My Life for Hers". She's not trying to strangle Sylvanas there. She intends to unleash the deadly power of the Night Warrior to destroy the both of them. Only to have Elune's power fade.
    Reminds me of Goku vs Cell, where he tried to blow himself up (if i remember correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Well I surely hope so. How asinine is it to choke a Banshee - the Banshee Queen - in the realm of death? And I'm glossing over Sylvanas gasping for air because come on.
    You kill undead creatures in the Shadowlands, especially Maldraxxus. As for the breathing, think of it like Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Even though we are being told that they feel nothing, they still react in pain to being stabbed by swords. So, they added the breathing part for tension and realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    People: FFXIV is too anime!
    WoW:

FFXIV:

Yeah... that.
    Bunny ears and fluffy tails for humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    she is slowly going troll

But no, blizz have this fetish of putting giant fangs o tusks on elves in the cinematics/art
    What's wrong with that? she looks more savage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    So…

It seems my theory of 9.2 including the Gardens of Life and Elune is becoming more and more valid. Damn…

Almost like the plot is predictable.
    So, when does raising Galakrond come to play? 9.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Hell, we never see anyone in the Maw get tortured either because of the rating.
    That is a loss.
    How are they expecting to convey that this place is a horrible one just by telling that it is?
    Even the Venthyr and Revendreth seem to be more evil and scary than that. They are actually being shown torturing souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    And no, the power suddenly ebbing away doesn't make sense.
    Maybe it is meant to work like Void Form, where you are powerful but only for a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    But somehow Tyrande is super duper special.
    Every main character is. Especially the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Say what you want about the cinematic. The Voice Acting is pretty damn good. Sylvana's va and Tyrande's va did a great job. The Animation is pretty good to.
    Agreed. I wouldn't have enjoyed it if they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We don't need to see some Saw shit, the game can do a lot just with implication, see Krastinov.
    I beg to differ. We need to see him doing some sketchy shit if we want to view him as a threatening villain.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-30 at 08:53 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess I can take a little bit of solace in Tyrande standing toe to toe with Sylvanas and not falling over immediately. I still think the whole Night Warrior arc is an absolute fail and the story would have been better without the transformation.

The real upside was the voice acting -bloody awesome.

she told Sylvanas that she took Nathanos' head and then she lost her "moon pawa". and that's about it .... what a great arc that night warrior shit is! (was?) . feels like commercials in the middle of a TV show

Imma come out and say it, bluntly even:

Sylvanas is a mary sue, and has been since Legion.

Her bargain with Helya left brutally obscure till now, the stupid crap with Genn vs Sylvanas where she nearly kills Genn but he manages to do what, temporarily set her back?

It was a precursor to everything in BFA.

Sylvanas destroys Teldrassil, no consequences.

Sylvanas denies the Alliance a victory by plaguing Undercity, Baine gets mad but doesnt do shit.

Sylvanas commits countless war crimes, nearly everyone around her notices shes a danger to people and yet they do -nothing- to stop her.

Sylvanas kills Saurfang, the legendary warrior of the Horde in a way designed to engineer him as weaker than her through her magic and trickery. An expected outcome, but his injury to her is, a very tiny cut to the edge of her eye?

Sylvanas fights Bolvar, who has the crown of domination, a device literally meant to break the will of undead and make them serve and somehow never employs it on one of the more powerful undead to force her to submit?

Sylvanas escapes every consequence in every situation she is involved in, every time she is threatened the only thing that ever hurts her even briefly is "Muh emotions" which absoleutley is a god aweful plot twist no matter how you look at it.

Even as far back as Cataclysm she goes against Garrosh and tries to plague Gilneas which she succeeds in doing, in a form.

Ultimatley there is not a single time Sylvanas is in danger, peril, at risk of death or in any form of mortal danger that could be permanently damaging to her life in the story.

Even ANDUIN freaking DIED at one point.

The only time this ever happens, the ONLY time, is when a random NPC in Cata shoots her in the back when shes dunking on Darius Crowley, of all the times shes in peril its one where ironic comedy is invovled.

And yet the Val'kyr just raise her anyway so it doesnt matter, even if it cost them their lives shes still got more.

To any Sylvanas fanboy/fangirl out there I tell you this:

When was the last time in WoW, Sylvanas was ever in any danger, risk of death, risk of injury or risk of permanent moral consequences on her for bad choices?

Oh Nathanos her boyfriend is being held by the Jailor or whatever?

Thats not a consequence, thats a completley pointless plottwist to contrive further reasons Sylvanas needs some "Sympathy" to try to make us care about this awefully written, terribly designed, badly executed character whose story has gone downhill ever since Cata.

Im actually expecting this to happen btw:

9.1 ends with Sylvanas becomming the new Arbiter, and taking the fight to the Jailor cause top 10 anime betrayals.

Yeah im expecting that, im actually banking on it because of how contrived her plotline is and how badly its being written.

7+ Year Old Account
    Before Tyrande did the dragonball z jump, she said 'My life for hers' in Darnassian. (As per in-game subtitles)
    Following that, i think its pretty obvious she lost her powers because Elune didnt want her to die.

Formerly known as Arafal