Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Her bargain with Helya left brutally obscure till now, the stupid crap with Genn vs Sylvanas where she nearly kills Genn but he manages to do what, temporarily set her back?
    Genn wins in Stormheim. Sylvanas's entire plan hinges on getting the lantern and he destroys it. Then despite being an old man and Sylvanas having a clear shot at him she does nothing while he walks off. There are many cases where you can call plot-induced stupidity in her favor but Stormheim is genuinely the exact opposite - not only does she completely fail in her objective but the one to survive when she has no reason not to kill him is her opponent.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-06-30 at 10:02 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

kek. chocking an undead xDxDxD

at least blizz is consistent with tyrande characterization xDxD at least her in all the franchise
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    The real upside was the voice acting -bloody awesome.
    Call it a minor criticism, but the VA of Ysera also voices Valeera, which is painfully obvious here.

One might blame the voice director, but purely going by the audio, i couldn't tell whether this was supposed to be Ysera or Valeera.

it seems the writers are only getting worse, and more and more drama-addicted

just kill them both off already

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Genn wins in Stormheim. Sylvanas's entire plan hinges on getting the lantern and he destroys it. Then despite being an old man and Sylvanas having a clear shot at him she does nothing while he walks off. There are many cases where you can call plot-induced stupidity in her favor but Stormheim is genuinely the exact opposite - not only does she completely fail in her objective but the one to survive when she has no reason not to kill him is her opponent.
    You are correct. They made a bumbling idiot out of her:

Genn should be dead, there is no reason for her to not kill him.
    Malfurion should be dead as well, there is no reason to let Sadfang kill him.
    Baine should be dead also. As well as the people who tried rescuing him. Yet somehow she let them and the others just go. Only sent a token force, but the loyalist players are told that was a plan...what...plan?

If the Jailer/Maw is so desperate for powerful souls, why just blast Sadfang to death, just blast the rest of the leaders there as well and/or give order to attack. They said themselves they can´t win with their troops. There, all dead, war won and over.
    Also, the people who are so clever and walked straight into her trap at the battle for Lordaeron should be dead as well. Deus Ex Jaina should be, by all established lore, silenced by her Banshee scream and not be able to protect them. (and no, she isn´t that powerful) Would have fit the overall plan as well.

The fact that they always forget that she is a damn Banshee is infuriating. A Banshee powerful enough since WC3 where her scream could shatter the bones of people in armor making Arthas worried. Yet somehow one magic blast and a few stupid chains suddenly empowered her...right. Maybe he made her tougher, as if she needed that when it takes a fall of IC onto the blood of an old god to even kill her. I´m just mentioning this because people are still thinking that she is a push over and Tyrande should finally kill her. Tyrande is nothing but a priestess of Elune, she never was a fighter. Or Bolvar, who was so “powerful” that it took almost all of his power to only keep the scourge in check. Bolvar was no Arthas, and he also should be dead, because there is no reason for her to let him live. Hell she even saved the Horde leaders on the broken shore, should have let them die there.

Nothing makes any sense, thats the level of writing here.

What a great villain serving death. One that let´s people live all the freaking time.

Oh crap, I was supposed to have my sound on for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    You really need to calm down. Jesus christ. It wasn't even bad.

Tyrande is badass. Hope they continue down this path with her problems with Elune.
    No, it was bad. Of course, it was a pretty badass cinematic in itself. But as a part of the whole it's yet another display of Blizzard's complete disregard for characters and consistency.

I really miss the times when Arthas was the main villain, both as a Death Knight and as the Lich King, the Jailer and Sylvanas really pale in comparison to him, and when the Scourge was creation of the Burning Legion that went rogue and not the puppet of such a disappointing villain.

Animation was nice, but Sylvanas sits in her plot tank, can't call it armor anymore. They will reveal that Elune forgave Sylvanas or had a deal of some sorts. That made me mad. And yes, I know that Sylvanas is a raid boss and we knew that she would survive, but it's still bullshit deus ex machina crap. This writing team.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Tyrande is nothing but a priestess of Elune, she never was a fighter.
    You are funny

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope we get at least two new classes out of this:

- dark ranger
    - night warrior

Then this inconsistent crap had a purpose after all. Yes tyrande looks cool, but so do all night elves. Just look in my sig, every night elf I created looks awesome. Yes Sylvanas looks cool. So do all goth elves. Would be cool if blizzard manages to be consistent with their characters at least for SOME months. This new "ooohh look at my cute face.... I have teh feeeeelings" Sylvanas is ... I have no words for this. She didn't give a f*cking sh*t about Nathanas. It was her boot licking servant that would die a thousand times for her. She never cared for him outside of having a powerful fanboy coming at all of her concerts.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    I really don't understand why Elune abandoned her, yet again. Is it because Danuser? Or simply Elune didn't want Sylvanas to die? Legit confused.
    It will later be revealed that Elune has plans for Tyrande and the Night Elf souls in the Shadowlands. Tyrande literally said: "my life for hers", Elune can not accept that as she still has use for Tryande, so she denied Tyrande the final blow.

And ofcourse it is because of that fat fuck who faps to Sylvanas.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    What a great villain serving death. One that let´s people live all the freaking time.
    Your post is entirely true. Sylvanas has as severe Plot-Induced stupidity as anyone else. Nothing makes her any different from the rest of the main cast in that regard save that she's the antagonist. Genn, Malfurion, Baine - essentially everyone at the gates of Orgrimmar given she could've ordered her people to attack, etc. Even her combat record only has a clean win against Saurfang, someone who any incarnation of her would crush and Bolvar, who was handicapped while she was empowered when they went at it and hasn't done any fighting on screen as the Lich King. She is foiled fairly constantly. She's just very smug as compared to everyone else who mostly just look sadly into the distance when they get saved by the plot.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-06-30 at 11:26 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The issue is that Elune never in her entire existence, cared for all the other night warriors according to the ones we meet in Ardenweald. They all were consumed by their power to fullfill their goal, yet Tyrande gets the "lol not today babe" treatment.
    Beyond the obvious answer that Tyrande just couldn't kill Sylvanas at the start of the patch, I do find the implication that of all her worshipers accross the cosmos, Tyrande is Elune's favorite and that she cares personally for her.

And less "oh Tyrande, she's so speshul" and more, that, through the Night Elves and Tyrande, Elune might have *finally* become personally invested to the point of such overt intervention instead of remaining an aloof cosmic entity. In other words, I'm intrigued about what it might mean for Elune as a character being actually introduced after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Before Tyrande did the dragonball z jump, she said 'My life for hers' in Darnassian. (As per in-game subtitles)
    Following that, i think its pretty obvious she lost her powers because Elune didnt want her to die.
    It's still a stretch, and I don't think it helps matters much. If Elune could throttle the power at any time, it makes this scene more contrived as the entire issue with the power itself up until this point is that it was destroying Tyrande. If Elune was so concerned about her and her actions (out of all the people who have ever had the power, there's no indication of a direct intervention like this), Elune should've stepped in a long time ago to regulate the power. Why give your followers a power that has destroyed them in the past in order to help them, and only intervene when the plot needs to happen here? If Elune really wants to save Tyrande and/or let Sylvannas go because <insert reasons>, why even give Tyrande the power boost to catch Sylvannas mid-air? Just fizzle or cut off the power there, don't allow Tyrande in a vulnerable position where Sylvannas could've killed her if Ysera didn't poof into existence and cause Sylvannas to escape.

The subtitles give a reason, it doesn't make it a good one though as it's inconsistent and contrived still. What was done is common in poor writing: making something happen so the plot can happen, without regard for consistency or internal logic.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Couldn't she just starfall her out of the sky instead. But aside from that and it was pretty cool. xD
    Imagine a Night Warrior Full Moon just spiritbombing the bitch out of the sky Captain Marvel stuff made me lough out loud but at least it looked cool af. I don't mind them doing some fan service. But yeah, Sylvanas had to be saved by the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    No, it was bad. Of course, it was a pretty badass cinematic in itself. But as a part of the whole it's yet another display of Blizzard's complete disregard for characters and consistency.
    Nah, it just really comes across as you *wanting* to be mad TBH.

Warcraft has never been the most sophisticated writing, it's basically comic book lore, with all the cheese and cool factor that implies, and some really poignant stories from time to time. But come on, it's evident that if Warcraft isn't giving the level of narrative depth you want, it has less to do with Warcraft than you.

People really have to drop the rose tinted colored glasses with Warcraft III. It's not about loving it or not, it was good; but if y'all keep putting it on a pedestal fueled by nostalgia, everything will be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    have too kinda agree, and my biggest worry is the interview a few days ago mentioned Nathanos, and now this cinematic, seems his Death is going to be used as the catalyst for Sly betrayal of the jailer

"Why isnt he here, why havent you given me Nathanos"
    "He is worthless just anima a pawn to use"
    "I am noones pawn give him to me" banshee mode activate

then 9.2 Sly works with us to defeat jaliar because she wants her boyfriend back -,-

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It's still a stretch, and I don't think it helps matters much. If Elune could throttle the power at any time, it makes this scene more contrived as the entire issue with the power itself up until this point is that it was destroying Tyrande. If Elune was so concerned about her and her actions (out of all the people who have ever had the power, there's no indication of a direct intervention like this), Elune should've stepped in a long time ago to regulate the power. Why give your followers a power that has destroyed them in the past in order to help them, and only intervene when the plot needs to happen here? If Elune really wants to save Tyrande and/or let Sylvannas go because <insert reasons>, why even give Tyrande the power boost to catch Sylvannas mid-air? Just fizzle or cut off the power there, don't allow Tyrande in a vulnerable position where Sylvannas could've killed her if Ysera didn't poof into existence and cause Sylvannas to escape.

The subtitles give a reason, it doesn't make it a good one though as it's inconsistent and contrived still. What was done is common in poor writing: making something happen so the plot can happen, without regard for consistency or internal logic.
    I don't think that's a fair assessment on principle, because it all really falls down on Elune's characterization. Of course it's all plot mandated because Sylvanas has to be the raid's end boss, so it comes down to the justifications for it to happen. And considering that Elune is barely a character, for better or worse, narratively we kinda have to take it at face value.

I don't know if it will pay off, but rather than call it any sort of bad writing, it says a lot more about Elune's personality than anything else has done up until this point, and that's interesting; we know how Elune has interceded on Tyrande's behalf before, but now I wonder if Elune has cared about mortal life on a personal manner before the Night Elves and Tyrande, or was she more of an aloof and benevolent god that tried to keep more of a distance?

I'm more intrigued about what it says about Elune's personality, and as a choice given the gameplay and plot constrains they have, I can't say it's a bad choice.

Every medium has limitations; for tv series and films is actor availability and budget, and for games it's gameplay; a good -well, competent- game narrative is the one that is able to write around those issues when their arise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Anyone else thinks those cinematics would be much better if they were animated in Calarts? It would be so much more fitting.