Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I am not someone who puts words in other ones mouth but what is the deal with some people here? Why is it so hard to comprehend what we all saw? Sylvannas chose to fight instead of going away. She was struggling in defence and she was getting choked though I have no idea how that works. If Elune continued giving Tyrande power then it would have been game over. Nothing Sylvannas used worked.

Why are some people deny what they see? Sylvannas Windrunner is not some unbeatable God of Destruction. At best she defeated Bolvar but Bolvar was weak compared to the original Lich King. That is her limit.
    Tyrande had obsiously the upper hand and Sylvanas was only in the defensive stance. One can even say that an Elune empowered Tyrande is stronger than an Sylvanas empowered with Domination Magic.
    However, it doesn't matter. Tyrande lost once again and Sylvanas literally got what she exactly wanted. Her plan worked perfectly.
    I'm sure this was the last time Tyrande and Sylvanas interacted with each other, so who ever hopes for a rematch where Tyrande finishes her job, will be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    About the Tyrande overpowering Sylvanas - almost everyone in this thread know that, but there are stubborn forum members that cannot comprehend such a simple thing.
    You can't use a logic against people who are using head-canon and can't even defense their own points with arguments. They are usually nitpicking or saying totally false things, twisting facts into their own imagine scenarios.
    You can quote me directly if you have something to say about my points.

For clarity, and with easy bullets since my points are apparently unclear:
    • Was Tyrande stronger than Sylvanas up until the choke? Yes
    • Was she overpowering Sylvanas? No
    • Has she won? No
    • Is ultimately weaker? Yes
    • Is the choke making any sense? No. Then again a lot of that cinematic makes none.

The whole thing about Darkshore I won't touch upon. And going forward, try and come back to this post for future reference when making underhanded comments about that one time you discussed the topic on a board. Hell, you can even namedrop me directly, I don't mind.

About the Tyrande overpowering Sylvanas - almost everyone in this thread know that, but there are stubborn forum members that cannot comprehend such a simple thing.
    Most of the people who posted in this thread haven't even commented on that tangent one way or another, but at this point conjuring a non-existent majority to validate your arguments (which would be fallacious even without the conjuring part anyway) seems pretty much par for the course for you.

You can't use a logic against people who are using head-canon and can't even defense their own points with arguments. They are usually nitpicking or saying totally false things, twisting facts into their own imagine scenarios.
    Oh, so that's why arguments don't work with you? Well, at least you are aware of the problem. That's the first step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I am not someone who puts words in other ones mouth but what is the deal with some people here? Why is it so hard to comprehend what we all saw? Sylvannas chose to fight instead of going away. She was struggling in defence and she was getting choked though I have no idea how that works. If Elune continued giving Tyrande power then it would have been game over. Nothing Sylvannas used worked.

Why are some people deny what they see? Sylvannas Windrunner is not some unbeatable God of Destruction. At best she defeated Bolvar but Bolvar was weak compared to the original Lich King. That is her limit.
    Either Tyrande was going to pull Sylvanas's head off, the choking was symbolic of Elune magic undoing whatever keeps Sylvanas alive or the animators completely forgot Sylvanas is undead in their enthusiasm to use the trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    You can quote me directly if you have something to say about my points.

For clarity, and with easy bullets since my points are apparently unclear:
    • Was Tyrande stronger than Sylvanas up until the choke? Yes
    • Was she overpowering Sylvanas? No
    • Has she won? No
    • Is ultimately weaker? Yes
    • Is the choke making any sense? No. Then again a lot of that cinematic makes none.

The whole thing about Darkshore I won't touch upon. And going forward, try and come back to this post for future reference when making underhanded comments about that one time you discussed the topic on a board. Hell, you can even namedrop me directly, I don't mind.
    Tyrande was clearly overpowering Sylvanas since she had it only on the defensive from start to end. And Sylvanas is not 'ultimately' stronger than Tyrande, she served, like the pet she is, a stronger being.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Tyrande was clearly overpowering Sylvanas since she had it only on the defensive from start to end. And Sylvanas is not 'ultimately' stronger than Tyrande, she served, like the pet she is, a stronger being.
    Being stronger is not synonimous with overpowering.
    Tyrande overpowered the Tarragrue, and had Sylvanas on the defensive, but did not overpower her. Was she stronger? Yes.

Sylvanas would have overpowered Tyrande as her powers waned, but was stopped by Ysera.
    Tyrande without the Night Warrior is ultimately weaker than Domination Sylvanas. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Being stronger is not synonimous with overpowering.
    Tyrande overpowered the Tarragrue, and had Sylvanas on the defensive, but did not overpower her. Was she stronger? Yes.

Sylvanas would have overpowered Tyrande as her powers waned, but was stopped by Ysera.
    Tyrande without the Night Warrior is ultimately weaker than Domination Sylvanas. Bleh.
    And Sylvanas without Jailer power is weaker than unpowered Tyrande, bleh. We can go a long way like that. Sylvanas losts in her duel with Tyrande while they were both powered by external beings. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And Sylvanas without Jailer power is weaker than unpowered Tyrande, bleh. We can go a long way like that. Sylvanas losts in her duel with Tyrande while they were both powered by external beings. Deal with it.
    I mean, who ended the duel on her knees?
    I can deal with whatever, but let's not just get ahead of ourselves, this cutscene is already a mess and we already bleh'd some much loathed power checks, I agree: we can go a long unproductive way.

Bottom line is that Tyrande couldn't win due to narrative reasons and had a convoluted moment where she got the upper hand. That's it.

Bottom line is that Sylvannas was overpowered, was on the defensive the whole fight, almost died, was saved by deus ex machina Danuser cause we need her as a raid boss and had to flee in the sight of Ysera. Running away is just another way of giving up. You can call it tactical retreat but I call it a loss.

Remember I said that Tyrande did something?
    Well now with the new cinematics and with the Spoilers of what is coming I retract. Tyrande did nothing and this cinematic is complete rubbish.

All those interesting debates that we had and possible messages from the cinematics. All are garbage in the end this cinematic is filler. At least it's cannon and not like Malfuerion's in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, undead Galakrond will be fam, undead make people strong, Saurfang jr was just a strong warrior, but as Deathbringer was the most powerful Death knight, and undead Galakrond would be just insane.

because you are assuming Lei-shin is not stronger than a wildgod, because that event, when he is., you entire logic is flawed by default ignoring how things unfolded.

A child can make comparisons, making one that hold ground is something beyond that, its evens ad when you are bringing up "my waifu arthas" when i give two shits about him.

no one does, thats the point, you can still be a powerful magic user but die from something else, thats why this cinematic does not make sense and its more for "entertaining" but forgetting consistency and logic, just like the others we had recently

- - - Updated - - -

Lets gloss over the fact that you are emotionally hurt by the fact of someone getting struck in in the behind in a war, why didn't she did? thats exactly the point, she didn't because the plot does not want her to do it, Tyrande need to leave and Sylvanus need to flee in edgy villain smoke again, same nonsense of how the villain, who can kill the hero, let then leave, or exit the room, so the hero can escape, is lazy writing from the previous century.
    I really do not understand why people constantly say this nonsense that UNLIVING IS STRONGER than ALIVE! 11!
    You become stronger than you were if you become a Death Knight (and even here it is a moot point, you could be stronger as a Paladin or Monk or someone else in life) or a lich. But do you really believe that when an ordinary Stormwind soldier is resurrected as a skeleton, he will become stronger? Without flesh? Without the same speed, strength and impact force? If the Lich King gives Galakrond some kind of huge increase in strength, he may and will be stronger than he was in life, but he will not become stronger simply from the fact that he becomes a skeleton.

To think that the Aspects will have at least some problems with Galakrond even if Arthas strengthens him is simply not knowing the lore.

Seriously Night Elves always get nerfed and dumbed down so they can be used by the writers as punching balls for the Horde. They should be unbeatable at guerilla yet they are almost never seen doing so and somehow get outmaneuvered in their own lands.

It took until the War of Thorns for Malfurion to finally decide to help his people against the Horde, and as yet here he was dumbed and nerfed down. Same for Maiev and Jarod Shadowsong and the Highborne arcanists.

In Wolfheart Tyrande somehow isn't able to use any offensive ability than using Elune's light to blind foes, and when using the Night Warrior powers she's made unable to beat Nathanos alone even though she should have been able of annihilating him even without this ritual or Malfurion's help, nor is allowed to get her revenge on Sylvanas due to the power betrayng her.

Somehow Night Elves who have fought the Burning Legion, Qiraji and many other terrible foes are somehow unable of dealing with a bunch of Magnataurs.

Most of their natural allies such as Furbolgs, Wildkins, Treants, Chimaeras, Fae Dragons and Mountain Giants and Wildkins don't help them against the Horde until the battle of Darkshore. And the Draenei and Worgens are conveniently nowhere to be seen during the War of Thorns.

How can the Night Elves truly show their power when the plot itself is against them ?
    Last edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight; 2021-07-19 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Seriously Night Elves always get nerfed and dumbed down so they can be used by the writers as punching balls for the Horde. They should be unbeatable at guerilla yet they are almost never seen doing so and somehow get outmaneuvered in their own lands.

It took until the War of Thorns for Malfurion to finally decide to help his people against the Horde, and as yet here he was dumbed and nerfed down. Same for Maiev and Jarod Shadowsong and the Highborne arcanists.

In Wolfheart Tyrande somehow isn't able to use any offensive ability than using Elune's light to blind foes, and when using the Night Warrior powers she's made unable to beat Nathanos alone even though she should have been able of annihilating him even without this ritual or Malfurion's help, nor is allowed to get her revenge on Sylvanas due to the power betrayng her.

Somehow Night Elves who have fought the Burning Legion, Qiraji and many other terrible foes are somehow unable of dealing with a bunch of Magnataurs.

Most of their natural allies such as Furbolgs, Wildkins, Treants, Chimaeras, Fae Dragons and Mountain Giants and Wildkins don't help them against the Horde until the battle of Darkshore. And the Draenei and Worgens are conveniently nowhere to be seen during the War of Thorns.

How can the Night Elves truly show their power when the plot itself is against them ?
    In before the usual Horde fans tell you it's perfectly fine because they're scared shitless of being the writers' next target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I really do not understand why people constantly say this nonsense that UNLIVING IS STRONGER than ALIVE! 11!
    You become stronger than you were if you become a Death Knight (and even here it is a moot point, you could be stronger as a Paladin or Monk or someone else in life) or a lich. But do you really believe that when an ordinary Stormwind soldier is resurrected as a skeleton, he will become stronger? Without flesh? Without the same speed, strength and impact force? If the Lich King gives Galakrond some kind of huge increase in strength, he may and will be stronger than he was in life, but he will not become stronger simply from the fact that he becomes a skeleton.

To think that the Aspects will have at least some problems with Galakrond even if Arthas strengthens him is simply not knowing the lore.
    i was, obviously, not talking about just random ass skeletons or zombies, i was precisely talking about the superior forms of undead. lthe same amount of power up from a norrmal human to a death knight.

compare sindragosa or the other dragon, they became stronger as undead dragons

i was, obviously, not talking about just random ass skeletons or zombies, i was precisely talking about the superior forms of undead. lthe same amount of power up from a norrmal human to a death knight.

compare sindragosa or the other dragon, they became stronger as undead dragons
    I really don't understand how you defined that. We know that Sindragosa was personally commissioned by the Lich King, but where did you get the idea that all undead dragons are stronger than their living counterparts? I also have no doubt that the living dragon will win the fight against the dead dragon. For example the red dragon and Emberwyrm. A living red dragon will have the advantage of scales (rather than bare bones) and can still use Life.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand how you defined that. We know that Sindragosa was personally commissioned by the Lich King, but where did you get the idea that all undead dragons are stronger than their living counterparts? I also have no doubt that the living dragon will win the fight against the dead dragon. For example the red dragon and Emberwyrm. A living red dragon will have the advantage of scales (rather than bare bones) and can still use Life.
    i didn't say all of of then, i said sindragosa and the other one that arthas raised back in the RTS, i just don't remember his name

A galakrond buffed by undead, when we didn't even know the extension of his potential when he was living is world ending threat.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-07-20 at 06:26 PM.

i didn't say all of of then, i said sindragona and the other one that arthas raised back in the RTS, i just don't remember his name

A galakrond buffed by undead, even we didn't even knew the extension of his potential when he was living is world ending threat.
    He was a threat to the end of the world when the Guardians did not want to do anything and the Aspects did not exist. Arthas was a threat to the end of the world, but he was stopped by the Alliance and the Horde. Deathwing was a threat of the end of the world, but he was made by the Aspects and Thrall. Do you think that if Arthas resurrects Galarconda he will win immediately or what? Any Aspect will easily destroy Galakrond.

7+ Year Old Account
    He was a threat to the end of the world when the Guardians did not want to do anything and the Aspects did not exist. Arthas was a threat to the end of the world, but he was stopped by the Alliance and the Horde. Deathwing was a threat of the end of the world, but he was made by the Aspects and Thrall. Do you think that if Arthas resurrects Galarconda he will win immediately or what? Any Aspect will easily destroy Galakrond.
    i didn't "he will win immediately" but he will sue be one hell of a villain, and not, no aspect would destroy him, imagine DW levels of power of more

i didn't "he will win immediately" but he will sue be one hell of a villain, and not, no aspect would destroy him, imagine DW levels of power of more
    Once again, all Galakrond has is size. This does not in any way place him on the level of Deathwing (or higher). Deathwing could change the landscape of the planet, create and destroy mountains. He literally manipulated things (as I said, he created and destroyed mountains) more than Galakrond with his magic. Alexstrasza and Ysera will have no problem with Galakrond at all due to the fact that they wield the power of Life. In the Emerald Shrine of the Dragons, there is a spell that instantly turns into dust any undead that serves Arthas. Do you think that if Ysera personally decides to fight, she won't do anything to Galakrond? And I'm also confident that Malygos and Nozdormu won't have any problems either. Mannoroth was larger than Azshara, but his power level was clearly lower. So I have no idea what you are trying to prove at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's drop the "Which Dragon is Stronger" tangent and return to the original topic at hand, as there's already a new thread to discuss Galakrond vs. whatever else.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead