Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Emulators need BIOS from real consoles to work, so it's a moot point. Piracy has nothing to do with emulation itself.

    Also Nintendo are welcome to port their games to a platform that can effortlessly run them even with major slowdown of emulating hardware, I'll gladly buy them. If they don't want my money, it's only their fault.
    They do, but you havent paid for it, so its stealing.

    You also steal all the games you dont pay for but play.

    There is no way around it - its stealing.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    They do, but you havent paid for it, so its stealing.

    You also steal all the games you dont pay for but play.

    There is no way around it - its stealing.
    It's as much stealing as second hand market, Nintendo gets $0 from both.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    So you went for the awfull early AMD ZEN budget builds, with not only poor performance for gaming but also lot of stability issues - and thats your take for console switch, that your awfull build was performing poorly and had BSODs - because you choose the wrong budget brand?

    Thats not "PC gaming", thats going with a budget build from the underdog brand and dealing with the consequences of your choice.

    If you enjoy gaming on the foolproof console, thats great.

    Do you really think that getting crashes and BSODs regularly is "normal" in PC gaming?
    The biggest competitive advantage the consoles have is uniform hardware.

    When speaking for PC gaming you can't just claim the best PCs, you also have to deal with the worst. Cherrypicking only the best non-budget gaming computers as an example of true pc gaming brings up the second and third biggest competitive advantage of consoles, which is price(which to be fair is largely negated over time by requirements to pay for online services like PS+ or from digital game sales which are getting much better on consoles, again, to be fair), followed by convenience.

    Not all gamers want to become PC builder pros.

    My experience, after gaming on PC and consoles for many years, is that generally, PC games crash more frequently than console games. Specifically, this is due to user error, driver issues, poor optimization, or any other number of symptoms that spring forth from non-uniform hardware. Not much more. In fact, I would be hard pressed to say for certain, but I would definitely give the edge to consoles on the stability front. Each platform has pros and cons.

    PC used to be way out in front, had much much better graphics and equal or even better exclusive developers, mods, ect. Things have equaled out a lot, and I think PC is probably still ahead a bit, but consoles have come a long way.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-06-30 at 08:10 PM.

  4. #64
    maybe next gen. consoles are becoming more like PC's now but still i prefer PC as i use it for more than gaming.
    also not too keen on the whole having to pay a sub just to play games online.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

  5. #65
    Never understood notion of being purist. I had both console and pc as far as I can remember, starting from PS1. I prefer playing single player games on console, simply because it's more comfy and casual.

    My PS5 will arrive soon, I probably will not use my PC for gaming for a while, considering the fact that I won't be resubbing for 9.1.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's as much stealing as second hand market, Nintendo gets $0 from both.
    That item was already bought. Stop trying to justify stealing mate.

    At least own up to it.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's as much stealing as second hand market, Nintendo gets $0 from both.
    Wait, are you suggesting that buying 2nd hand games is stealing?
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    How to use simcraft
    Results when you get when you understand simcraft
    PS doesn't count, it's different game

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Buying overpriced Chinese tablet with terrible screen and faulty gamepad just to play, like, three games I want in majestic 360-540p resolution and with exorbitant pricing would really be immature. I'd rather play them in native 1080p and with my DS4.
    And stealing is mature. Especially when you can explain it to yourself to dont feel like shit you propably should

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Never understood notion of being purist. I had both console and pc as far as I can remember, starting from PS1. I prefer playing single player games on console, simply because it's more comfy and casual.

    My PS5 will arrive soon, I probably will not use my PC for gaming for a while, considering the fact that I won't be resubbing for 9.1.
    Same except I started a little earlier on the consoles, so this. Good post.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    That item was already bought. Stop trying to justify stealing mate.

    At least own up to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that buying 2nd hand games is stealing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And stealing is mature. Especially when you can explain it to yourself to dont feel like shit you propably should
    Piracy: someone buys copy, uploads it, you download it. Publisher gets money only from original copy.
    Reselling: someone buys copy, you buy it from them, play it, then resell it to someone else for the same price. Publisher gets money only from original copy.

    Reselling is just a piracy with extra steps.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2021-07-01 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Piracy: someone buys copy, uploads it, you download it. Publisher gets money only from original copy.
    Reselling: someone buys copy, you buy it from them, play it, then resell it to someone else for the same price. Publisher gets money only from original copy.

    Reselling is just a piracy with extra steps.
    You cant really resell any pc game nowadays and even if you do then there is ONE person per game, because the original buyer cant play that game.

    With piracy one buyed game can be send to thousands of people.

    Why are you trying to justify stealing?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You cant really resell any pc game nowadays
    If you can't even pay attention to topic of discussion, maybe don't try to join in. I was talking about Switch, not PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    even if you do then there is ONE person per game, because the original buyer cant play that game
    How many people replay single player games after completing them? Especially considering the subject is Switch, so they don't have achievements or any other vanity stuff to come back for.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You cant really resell any pc game nowadays and even if you do then there is ONE person per game, because the original buyer cant play that game.

    With piracy one buyed game can be send to thousands of people.

    Why are you trying to justify stealing?
    Actually you can resell just about any pc game with maybe exception of pure online games that require to have account.
    https://www.engadget.com/2012-07-03-...-software.html

    But yes, the original buyer loses right to use software once it's sold.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    How to use simcraft
    Results when you get when you understand simcraft
    PS doesn't count, it's different game

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Piracy: someone buys copy, uploads it, you download it. Publisher gets money only from original copy.
    Reselling: someone buys copy, you buy it from them, play it, then resell it to someone else for the same price. Publisher gets money only from original copy.

    Reselling is just a piracy with extra steps.
    No - its not. You have not at any point paid money for the games you are playing or the emulator/console you are playing it on. You are stealing. You can try to worm your way out of it all you want - but those are the facts.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Actually you can resell just about any pc game with maybe exception of pure online games that require to have account.
    https://www.engadget.com/2012-07-03-...-software.html

    But yes, the original buyer loses right to use software once it's sold.
    Soooo how does that work? Because there are hundreds of steam games i would like to sell

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    No - its not. You have not at any point paid money for the games you are playing or the emulator/console you are playing it on. You are stealing. You can try to worm your way out of it all you want - but those are the facts.
    So you are going to parrot the same shit instead of discussing something. Fine, have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  17. #77
    I'd only play consoles for exclusives. I really don't like controllers, and there's literally 2 genres where M&KB doesn't play better for me (racing and fighting games) and I only play these very occasionally. I don't even play my Switch that much even if I like the games on it in part because I dislike using controllers so much.

    As someone who primarily likes RTS/4x games, Western RPGs and shooters PC has by far the best selection of those genres.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Explain to me that there IS a difference, lol why should i do your job to convince me otherwise haha. Ill read your post even if it's an entire page.
    Gonna be honest.

    If you asked me to explain the difference, I'd also just sigh in response.

    Literally even just watching the gameplay trailers for Odyssey and 3D World makes it obvious. Like, out of all the Nintendo exclusives you could have used as an example, Mario?

    The IP that has
    -Sports games
    -Racing games
    -Platforming games
    -Exploration games
    -Party games
    -Strategy XCOM style games

    THAT'S your example of "lol copy and paste"?

  19. #79
    Mechagnome Ladey Gags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    teh haus of gags
    Posts
    539
    Can’t fucking stand playing video games in a computer chair and desk anymore. It’s the most uncomfortable shit imaginable. Not to mention PC just has so much more shit you gotta worry about and shit goes wrong WAAAAY more often than consoles. I personally don’t think PC gaming is worth the hassle, money, and time. It’s just too convoluted for me anymore

    Like you said, open the box, plug it in, then play your games is vastly more preferable than the convoluted shite that is PC gaming. Sure you can do more with PC, but is that worth the additional steps? Nope, not to me. inb4 some butthurt (((PC gamer))) tries to convince me otherwise LOL

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Gonna be honest.

    If you asked me to explain the difference, I'd also just sigh in response.

    Literally even just watching the gameplay trailers for Odyssey and 3D World makes it obvious. Like, out of all the Nintendo exclusives you could have used as an example, Mario?

    The IP that has
    -Sports games
    -Racing games
    -Platforming games
    -Exploration games
    -Party games
    -Strategy XCOM style games

    THAT'S your example of "lol copy and paste"?
    Nothin says its not copy/paste like 11 mario party or 7 mario golf, just to name a few. lul

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •