Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    maybe next gen. consoles are becoming more like PC's now but still i prefer PC as i use it for more than gaming.
    also not too keen on the whole having to pay a sub just to play games online.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Never understood notion of being purist. I had both console and pc as far as I can remember, starting from PS1. I prefer playing single player games on console, simply because it's more comfy and casual.

My PS5 will arrive soon, I probably will not use my PC for gaming for a while, considering the fact that I won't be resubbing for 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's as much stealing as second hand market, Nintendo gets $0 from both.
    That item was already bought. Stop trying to justify stealing mate.

At least own up to it.

It's as much stealing as second hand market, Nintendo gets $0 from both.
    Wait, are you suggesting that buying 2nd hand games is stealing?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Buying overpriced Chinese tablet with terrible screen and faulty gamepad just to play, like, three games I want in majestic 360-540p resolution and with exorbitant pricing would really be immature. I'd rather play them in native 1080p and with my DS4.
    And stealing is mature. Especially when you can explain it to yourself to dont feel like shit you propably should

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Never understood notion of being purist. I had both console and pc as far as I can remember, starting from PS1. I prefer playing single player games on console, simply because it's more comfy and casual.

My PS5 will arrive soon, I probably will not use my PC for gaming for a while, considering the fact that I won't be resubbing for 9.1.
    Same except I started a little earlier on the consoles, so this. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    That item was already bought. Stop trying to justify stealing mate.

At least own up to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that buying 2nd hand games is stealing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And stealing is mature. Especially when you can explain it to yourself to dont feel like shit you propably should
    Piracy: someone buys copy, uploads it, you download it. Publisher gets money only from original copy.
    Reselling: someone buys copy, you buy it from them, play it, then resell it to someone else for the same price. Publisher gets money only from original copy.

Reselling is just a piracy with extra steps.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2021-07-01 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Piracy: someone buys copy, uploads it, you download it. Publisher gets money only from original copy.
    Reselling: someone buys copy, you buy it from them, play it, then resell it to someone else for the same price. Publisher gets money only from original copy.

You cant really resell any pc game nowadays and even if you do then there is ONE person per game, because the original buyer cant play that game.

With piracy one buyed game can be send to thousands of people.

Why are you trying to justify stealing?

You cant really resell any pc game nowadays
    If you can't even pay attention to topic of discussion, maybe don't try to join in. I was talking about Switch, not PC.
    even if you do then there is ONE person per game, because the original buyer cant play that game
    How many people replay single player games after completing them? Especially considering the subject is Switch, so they don't have achievements or any other vanity stuff to come back for.
    Looking for Raid.

You cant really resell any pc game nowadays and even if you do then there is ONE person per game, because the original buyer cant play that game.

With piracy one buyed game can be send to thousands of people.

Why are you trying to justify stealing?
    Actually you can resell just about any pc game with maybe exception of pure online games that require to have account.
    https://www.engadget.com/2012-07-03-...-software.html

But yes, the original buyer loses right to use software once it's sold.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

No - its not. You have not at any point paid money for the games you are playing or the emulator/console you are playing it on. You are stealing. You can try to worm your way out of it all you want - but those are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Actually you can resell just about any pc game with maybe exception of pure online games that require to have account.
    https://www.engadget.com/2012-07-03-...-software.html

But yes, the original buyer loses right to use software once it's sold.
    Soooo how does that work? Because there are hundreds of steam games i would like to sell

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    No - its not. You have not at any point paid money for the games you are playing or the emulator/console you are playing it on. You are stealing. You can try to worm your way out of it all you want - but those are the facts.
    So you are going to parrot the same shit instead of discussing something. Fine, have fun.
    Looking for Raid.

I'd only play consoles for exclusives. I really don't like controllers, and there's literally 2 genres where M&KB doesn't play better for me (racing and fighting games) and I only play these very occasionally. I don't even play my Switch that much even if I like the games on it in part because I dislike using controllers so much.

As someone who primarily likes RTS/4x games, Western RPGs and shooters PC has by far the best selection of those genres.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Explain to me that there IS a difference, lol why should i do your job to convince me otherwise haha. Ill read your post even if it's an entire page.
    Gonna be honest.

If you asked me to explain the difference, I'd also just sigh in response.

Literally even just watching the gameplay trailers for Odyssey and 3D World makes it obvious. Like, out of all the Nintendo exclusives you could have used as an example, Mario?

The IP that has
    -Sports games
    -Racing games
    -Platforming games
    -Exploration games
    -Party games
    -Strategy XCOM style games

THAT'S your example of "lol copy and paste"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can’t fucking stand playing video games in a computer chair and desk anymore. It’s the most uncomfortable shit imaginable. Not to mention PC just has so much more shit you gotta worry about and shit goes wrong WAAAAY more often than consoles. I personally don’t think PC gaming is worth the hassle, money, and time. It’s just too convoluted for me anymore

Like you said, open the box, plug it in, then play your games is vastly more preferable than the convoluted shite that is PC gaming. Sure you can do more with PC, but is that worth the additional steps? Nope, not to me. inb4 some butthurt (((PC gamer))) tries to convince me otherwise LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Gonna be honest.

If you asked me to explain the difference, I'd also just sigh in response.

Literally even just watching the gameplay trailers for Odyssey and 3D World makes it obvious. Like, out of all the Nintendo exclusives you could have used as an example, Mario?

The IP that has
    -Sports games
    -Racing games
    -Platforming games
    -Exploration games
    -Party games
    -Strategy XCOM style games

THAT'S your example of "lol copy and paste"?
    Nothin says its not copy/paste like 11 mario party or 7 mario golf, just to name a few. lul
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Nothin says its not copy/paste like 11 mario party or 7 mario golf, just to name a few. lul
    So you admit you have no idea what you're talking about when you're given actual proof of the Mario IP being extremely diverse in its portfolio and your only response is a "witty" one liner that isn't even relevant?

Try telling me Mario Golf Super Rush plays the same as Mario Golf for the GBA. I'll wait on that one.

Mind you, that ignores the fact that Mario Tennis also exists, and Mario Baseball, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games.

It's just flat out lying if you're trying to claim the Mario IP isn't diverse.

So you are going to parrot the same shit instead of discussing something. Fine, have fun.
    You are not discussing the subject you are trying to use strawmans to avoid the fact that you are actually literally stealing.

I understand the mental gymnastics you go through because you want to justify doing it - but in the end, you are stealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So you admit you have no idea what you're talking about when you're given actual proof of the Mario IP being extremely diverse in its portfolio and your only response is a "witty" one liner that isn't even relevant?

Try telling me Mario Golf Super Rush plays the same as Mario Golf for the GBA. I'll wait on that one.

Mind you, that ignores the fact that Mario Tennis also exists, and Mario Baseball, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games.

It's just flat out lying if you're trying to claim the Mario IP isn't diverse.
    The fact that you have to cherry pick the ones that are the most diverse basically proves it. Just because theres a bunch of mario ip's doesnt mean they arent all jsut the same with a new silly gimmick. Oh look this is mario 64, oh look this is mario 64 now with a watergun, oh look this is mario 64 now in space! Same goes for golf,tennis, or wahtever other sport they decide to put him in to milk some more money.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..