Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The fact that you have to cherry pick the ones that are the most diverse basically proves it. Just because theres a bunch of mario ip's doesnt mean they arent all jsut the same with a new silly gimmick. Oh look this is mario 64, oh look this is mario 64 now with a watergun, oh look this is mario 64 now in space! Same goes for golf,tennis, or wahtever other sport they decide to put him in to milk some more money.
    Mario gets reprouced because its a game loved by millions and people WANT to play a new version of mario. There are vast differences between 2d mario, mario 3d and mario galaxy+.

Not only that but mario has multiple very different ip's. Like mariokart and the fighting games aswell. There is really no cherry picking here tbh.

most of the nintendo games are insanely boring or childish
    platformers must be fun, when you are 5 or 7

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You are not discussing the subject you are trying to use strawmans to avoid the fact that you are actually literally stealing.

I understand the mental gymnastics you go through because you want to justify doing it - but in the end, you are stealing.
    Hi there! OP here. /wave

So I gotta say something.

Some of the stuff on the catalog in my signature is going to be played on an emulator. I prefer to play games legally, but for something like, say, .Hack for the PS2, it's not realistic for me. I don't really want to invest money I don't have in another PS2 (I sold mine years ago) just to play four games. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are fucking bonkers on the secondhand market. Toy Story, same as .Hack. I'm not buying a Genesis for one game when literally all of my other Sega Genesis stuff is on Steam or on my Gamecube via Mega Collection.

I know it's all excuses, and it's stealing and whatnot, I'm going to Hell and Satan's going to skewer me like a bacon wrapped Little Smokie at a Christmas party, blahblahblah.

If there was a legal and easy way of obtaining all of those, I'd pay full price in a heartbeat. But until then, I'm sticking with the left click discount as purely the nuclear option.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I don't see why people care about pc so much when sony and nintendo just have better games. My pc is just for wow, diablo and resident evil
    You can pretty much play 99% of nintendo titles on PC if you are resourceful enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The fact that you have to cherry pick the ones that are the most diverse basically proves it. Just because theres a bunch of mario ip's doesnt mean they arent all jsut the same with a new silly gimmick. Oh look this is mario 64, oh look this is mario 64 now with a watergun, oh look this is mario 64 now in space! Same goes for golf,tennis, or wahtever other sport they decide to put him in to milk some more money.
    None of those games play like each other, and until you get out of your own bias and actually play them, you can hardly have any actual input.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Soooo how does that work? Because there are hundreds of steam games i would like to sell
    That really depends on your country, while steam does not have resell mechanism, people here simply sell entire accounts and that is legal as long as you are not trying to sell one account to multiple people. So "access to account" is illegal, selling entire account is not.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    Hi there! OP here. /wave

So I gotta say something.

Some of the stuff on the catalog in my signature is going to be played on an emulator. I prefer to play games legally, but for something like, say, .Hack for the PS2, it's not realistic for me. I don't really want to invest money I don't have in another PS2 (I sold mine years ago) just to play four games. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are fucking bonkers on the secondhand market. Toy Story, same as .Hack. I'm not buying a Genesis for one game when literally all of my other Sega Genesis stuff is on Steam or on my Gamecube via Mega Collection.

I know it's all excuses, and it's stealing and whatnot, I'm going to Hell and Satan's going to skewer me like a bacon wrapped Little Smokie at a Christmas party, blahblahblah.

If there was a legal and easy way of obtaining all of those, I'd pay full price in a heartbeat. But until then, I'm sticking with the left click discount as purely the nuclear option.
    Whatever thoughts you have of how bad stealing is are your own entirely. If you dont think stealing is wrong then you dont think its wrong. I dont really care if you steal, or dont. I do however question people who go through mental gymnastics to act like pirating games isnt stealing.

If you are a potatoe, you are a potatoe. Dont act like you are a tomato.