Best PvP classes fore returning player for 2-2, 3-3 and battlegrounds?

Hey all, returning to wow from many years of break, aiming for pvp activity mainly

Atm trying to choose a good dps class to be viable at arenas (2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3)and battlegrounds (something you call S-tier nowadays i think)

Right now I'm looking at Sub rogue, Arms Warrior and Fire mage.

How do these classes feel in 9.1 Are they still good?

Any feedback and advices are welcome, just dont advice me to play ANY class =)

Hi Nurglet,

Arms Warriors is looking good this season, it was also the best spec in season 1. It's relatively easy to learn and it's extremely flexible in terms of comps you can play in arena. The weakness of Arms always has been it's self healing, it's kind of hard to go solo-stuff with that spec, you generaly require a healer. If you're playing with a healer friends, Arms is really THE spec for a returning player. It's really good.

Sub is probably not going to be meta this season, it's also a spec that is extremely hard to be good at if you want to be a little bit competitive. Assassination is probably going to be meta this season, so if you want to go rogue, go assassination, the new shiv reduce 40% healing is dope. Also, Assassination is quite more user-friendly than sub.

I would not advise anyone to play a mage spec unless you got a good amount of experience. Some people believe that mage is easy (Yes it's easy to just go in a random battleground and throw stuff at people). But once you get into arena and you need to think about what is going on, it's quite hard. You have to be the shot caller, have good communication and probably more game knowledge than most. It's also very punishing when you make a mistake, so stay away from it. But if you REALLY want to be a mage, Arcane and Frost seem to be the meta this season.

Frost DK is also a top-tier pick this season and is very easy to learn.
    BM hunter is going to be also very good.
    Shadow Priest is awesome because it's a very good hybrid/support class and you have a tons of flexibility with who you can play.
    Elemental Shaman is another one you can look at if you want to play ranged DPS, it's very solid.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for detailed feedback,after some research-discord discussions i also chose arms warrior for myself - I used to play plenty of mage years ago, but I'm not sure If I could handle it again without long training, so gotta choose a safe option )

5+ Year Old Account
    I also leveled an Arms Warrior pre patch and it is fun to play, in PvE and PvP. Looking at arenamate.net you will see, that arms is good (or even excellent) everywhere in PvP.

However, I just can't continue with this class. I played a lot of random battlegrounds pre patch with it, and some 1on1 situations just completely break my will to continue with this class. BM Hunters are like untouchable and Ferals just play with you and laugh at you. With no other class did I feel so helpless as with an arms warrior in certain 1on1 situations, which also do happen in instanced PvP. To me, with this class, it feels like the 1on1 inferiority of the arms warrior comes from it's toolkit in comparison to what others have, and this is not fun at all, because it's not something you can work on, like gear or skill.

You need a healer with you at all times, or else you're dead meat. This class/spec is just weird, it's the most powerful PvP spec in grouped PvP and the weakest in solo PvP. It's incomplete.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2021-07-10 at 01:47 PM.