Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Makes you wonder what Echo spent to get World First?

- - - Updated - - -

Fatigue?

just... kinda throwing that out there...
    Yeah, with the higher token price I suspect it’s more. No idea though. Would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Why did the Limit guys call it a day before Echo's kill? They could've gotten the kill had they persisted. It's a world first race and surely they could do without a night's sleep ffs
    They had a couple of good runs at it during the evening, especially towards the end, but they started to falter at the end with early deaths and such. They were riding an adrenaline high after some terrific pulls but the dc on what looked like the kill really took the wind out of their sails. You could see they were done. Even Max was clearly shot. Plus they had to come back in just a five or six hours for reset. Max made the call betting on the chance that Echo would fall short like they had.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I'm pretty sure the skill has dropped considerably since the peak of WoW raiding (the world-first defeat of Algalon the Observer). Back then I was seeing guilds that were out of this world; they had such coordination that you couldn't believe that that was possible.
    I remember we had tank in a hard core guild that was the best player I've ever seen personally in the game: I couldn't believe how good he was: but even him was a reject of Ensidia.
    No. Players are a lot better now than they were back then because of better computers/mice/keyboards/headsets/internet, and addons are better than they were back then. Same with communication. Discord vs Vent. Also have better simming sites as well. Just way more resources to be successful. It’s like comparing a musket to a m-16.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-21 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No. Players are a lot better now than they were back then because of better computers/mice/keyboards/headsets/internet, and addons are better than they were back then. Same with communication. Discord vs Vent. Also have better simming sites as well. Just way more resources to be successful. It’s like comparing a musket to a m-16.
    Anyone who watched these world first races would've seen the constant updating of new Weak Auras along the way, literally breaking down the entirety of the fight as they went. And when they corrected/fixed timers, the entire fight became a different ballgame.

People that think players just got better, or the game got easier/was harder, just take for granted some of the advantages we have today that weren't rampant back then-- like giant text saying KEEP RUNNING lol

Can you post the clip please?

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    This is a good way to look at it -- they lost purely because they couldn't (see: Moonkins and Riku) pull it together. In fact, it probably is entirely on Sang for dying the 45.4% run that they wiped, which is perfectly legit and fair - and shows that they just couldn't do it in time. I don't even think Max would argue they deserved to win - they didn't prepare the same, and they were not on their A game the last few days before the reset. Especially the moonkins and Riku. I think Max's chat was ready to push riku off the edge of the platform by 130 AM EST last night lol Notably he had like 2 hours sleep - but not sure that means they deserved to win :P
    Speaking of the Moonkins, Max had a comment when they interviewed him after and if I understood him correctly(I wasn’t totally paying attention), he was essentially saying the Moonkins were all playing a class they had minimal experience with and he chalked the mistakes up to them being thrown directly into the fire while still working the kinks out.

this just makes me really hype for next race, its so great having two guilds trade the title, hopefully someday three or four

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Speaking of the Moonkins, Max had a comment when they interviewed him after and if I understood him correctly(I wasn’t totally paying attention), he was essentially saying the Moonkins were all playing a class they had minimal experience with and he chalked the mistakes up to them being thrown directly into the fire while still working the kinks out.
    Maybe - they mostly dual hunters, who you know... they didn't want to stack. ;P

Also, I think a lot of it is VENTHYR since he was screaming at the fact that Venthyr made them suck -- changed their mindset in playing so it was causing them issues compared to just hitting convoke.

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Max made the call betting on the chance that Echo would fall short like they had.
    I can guarantee you he wasn’t betting anything. When he called it he knew it was over. They had got to within .2% and Echo before they logged off was within .5%. All of Limit knew when they logged off for the night it was over.
    That had to be the hardest call ever. Knowing that as soon you log off you lose. To their credit they pushed it as hard and as long as they could.

Take away from this isn’t how good Echo and Limit are because everyone knows that. I’m impressed with BBDG/Method and the other guilds that weren’t supposed to be 9/10 at same time as the big guns. More competition the better

*edit* did FSY day raid this tier?
    Last edited by Realtalk; 2021-07-21 at 04:11 AM.

They nailed tuning for week 1 of Mythic in both BoD and Crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    That just goes to show how huge a difference 1 reset worth of gear makes this early on into the patch. Kinda disgusting.
    lol it will be two thousand guilds or so total that clear Mythic Sylvanas with months worth of resets
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

See you next year, nerds.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.286v | RTX 3080 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Will Echo back to Back?
    Will Limit take the best of three?
    Will the Z Fighters collect the Dragon Balls and wish Goku back to life for the 55th time?
    Will Sylvanas answer for her crimes?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON ELF'S WORLD Z
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    Too late for Classic, too soon for WOTLK Classic
    Just in time to Burning Crusade Classic

That just goes to show how huge a difference 1 reset worth of gear makes this early on into the patch. Kinda disgusting.
    World first raiders are on a different level than pretty much, any other guild. If we go by English football league comparison Echo and limit are the 2018/19 season Manchester City and Liverpool. Bdgg, method and pieces being mid premier league. Then everyone outside the top say 20 are conference level or below. That's the gulf between those and everyone else.

Having these bosses take any longer for these guys pretty much makes them impossible for anyone else and history has shown wow players as a whole will stop playing that upping their game just a bit because well.

WoW is just a game.

Funny thing is even with a complete reset of gear Limit still had a lower ilvl than Echo on the kill. 241.5 to 240.32. Race came down to a disconnect causing a .2% wipe and the unknown of when she actually died. Both guilds had theory crafted for 50% The planning and group comp strats interest me more than actual race. Only because the players are all fantastic and most of the time the only thing that differentiates the 2 is the planning.

Just watched the Limit kill, looked like a farm boss kill.

It’s an absolute tragedy that Limit couldn’t get it down before reset. Not because they didn’t get WF but more that they lost a kill they’d been working on for days. Not being able to say they killed her when it was much harder for them to do when they were so damn close is just a bummer. Good show from both guilds. Absolute banger RWF.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Congratulations to Echo. They absolutely blasted this tier. I'm also happy for WF going to different hands this time, shaking up things can cause innovations and changes. Limit's dominance has been questioned and they know they can't take Echo lightly anymore. I wish there was a third contestant on Echo/Limit level to spice things up further, alas.

Maybe Limit would have killed her if Firedup went Arcane for the P3 big ST burst. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Funny thing is even with a complete reset of gear Limit still had a lower ilvl than Echo on the kill. 241.5 to 240.32. Race came down to a disconnect causing a .2% wipe and the unknown of when she actually died. Both guilds had theory crafted for 50% The planning and group comp strats interest me more than actual race. Only because the players are all fantastic and most of the time the only thing that differentiates the 2 is the planning.
    Not sure why you think this when raider.io clearly shows Limit having a higher ilvl for their kill than Echo, maybe you looked at it early when it was inaccurate? Blaming a disconnect for losing when they had some good attempts around that time isn't going to make them better, so I truly hope they don't look at it that way. Echo pushed constantly for that perfect kill and they got it with zero deaths, that's what was needed for the kill week one and Limit wasn't capable of doing it.

You can only hope that neither of these to guilds throws in the towel. There is no competition apart from them. A three-way race would also make this much more exciting, but probably wont happen... maybe Method somehow.