Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    A bit curious about something. Does anyone know how people like Scripe and Max watch the others play when they lead them? Do they just watch the others live stream on Twitch? I mean there must be a tiny delay of watching that and then calling things out so they have time to react.
    Or do they use some other thing to watch the team play or isn't it an issue like i would think it is?
    There's a couple seconds of delay in some cases I think?

A bit curious about something. Does anyone know how people like Scripe and Max watch the others play when they lead them? Do they just watch the others live stream on Twitch? I mean there must be a tiny delay of watching that and then calling things out so they have time to react.
    Or do they use some other thing to watch the team play or isn't it an issue like i would think it is?
    They obviously don't use Twitch, it's not meant for this, there's too much delay (even 3 secs would not be bearable).

They maybe have a dedicated server they send their data flow to and Scripe/Max use VLC or whatever to view it.

They are using some sort of third party application. After Limit got the kill yesterday, when they are handling the mount drop, you can see max right click on his screen to pull up a drop down menu that had all of the group listed and he switched to player who got the mounts view. The name of the exact application is unknown to me, but as an IT professional, we have a lot of applications we use in industry that allows viewing a screen in real time with no latency. The delay with a twitch stream or even a discord stream is too much to be useful in this situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    They obviously don't use Twitch, it's not meant for this, there's too much delay (even 3 secs would not be bearable).

They maybe have a dedicated server they send their data flow to and Scripe/Max use VLC or whatever to view it.
    VLC is my guess. They have active stream capture to a back end device, and then use VLC to watch the stream.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

basic screen sharing. The thing IT can use to watch your screen and help fix a problem.

Watching on Twitch is useless because your dealing with a build in delay of ~a couple dozen seconds.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    They are using some sort of third party application. After Limit got the kill yesterday, when they are handling the mount drop, you can see max right click on his screen to pull up a drop down menu that had all of the group listed and he switched to player who got the mounts view. The name of the exact application is unknown to me, but as an IT professional, we have a lot of applications we use in industry that allows viewing a screen in real time with no latency. The delay with a twitch stream or even a discord stream is too much to be useful in this situation.

- - - Updated - - -

VLC is my guess. They have active stream capture to a back end device, and then use VLC to watch the stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    basic screen sharing. The thing IT can use to watch your screen and help fix a problem.

Watching on Twitch is useless because your dealing with a build in delay of ~a couple dozen seconds.
    Ye thanks figured it was something like that. Active stream capture software makes a lot more sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post

Will be interesting to see if Limit makes any changes personnel wise or if it was just a preparation thing.
    Max had a subtle mention of personnel by saying that some of their best players were benched because of comp. So certain people that probably would have performed better maybe mechanically (i.e. personnel change) weren't in for the fight because of their class.

He also addressed preparation in that Limit did a half day of splits (~7 hrs) while Echo did a full day of splits (~15 hrs), and said he believes that also negatively affected them.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Blizzard nailed it with the tuning this time. Only one guild managed to kill in the first week. It needs to be either this way or then it should take 10+ days, the worst tuning would be if the boss dies instantly after re-clear (like Sylvanas did for Limit, but gladly Echo had the skill to take it down without extra gear).

There is an interesting 3rd place race going on right now. Method, BDG, Pieces are all around 50ish percent. It'd be very impressive if method or BDG got 3rd. I can't count how many times method survived a reorg at this point. Sco just makes it work every time

Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    There is an interesting 3rd place race going on right now. Method, BDG, Pieces are all around 50ish percent. It'd be very impressive if method or BDG got 3rd. I can't count how many times method survived a reorg at this point. Sco just makes it work every time
    Method is just a too big name to fall to irelevancy. Even with the PR nightmare that was last year. They will have no problems recruting up and coming players.

They also already look much better this tier than they did in Nathria.

Pieces have a wipe at 45.16...... That's just insane. Must be very harsh if they don't get the 3:rd place now

Are the majority of raiders degree holders, are they still pursuing education (grad school for some), are they vocal about these things?

Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    There is a bunch of players who think they are good enough for a WF guild but can't get into Limit/Echo that will happily flock to Sco to get their chance.

If there is one thing WoW will never have a shortage of its raiders with an inflated opinion of themselves.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Pieces gets the kill.

Lmao they were going absolutely apeshit.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FastCrepuscu...IyCQiPoK-lecCk
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-07-21 at 10:13 PM.

There is a bunch of players who think they are good enough for a WF guild but can't get into Limit/Echo that will happily flock to Sco to get their chance.

If there is one thing WoW will never have a shortage of its raiders with an inflated opinion of themselves.
    Yeah fuck them for wanting a chance to play WoW for a paycheck.
    What?

yes, there are a lot of players but actual talent pool of who are extremely good and can commit their life to this is very low. if you just get randos who play all day, you end up as imperative, in top 15. method were lucky always finding a merger with very talented guilds who did not raid as much, and they were somehow convinced to raid all day

RIP method
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.286v | RTX 3080 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by killver View Post
    That was a one time thing where a lot of things didnt go well for Method or Limit. Pieces is far from a world first contestant currently, of course this can change.
    And Pieces just killed it right after reset like Limit, but you know not world first contender kekw.

new Method isnt ready yet for a stable world 3. they threw it away

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pieces gets the kill.
    Super happy to see Pieces get that clean kill in! bigUP!! Will 4 be Meth or BDGG?!