Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    I do enjoy watching race, but it also has massive negative impact on communities.
    Who cares about it at this point. Nearly everything during/after Wrath had a negative impact on communities.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    It’s kinda too bad that “stepping it up” basically means “no-lifing it harder.”

A network of fans feeding 239 BoEs
    A network of capable raiders ready to step in with ideal covenants, specs, and legendaries
    A network of real-life software engineers to design weak auras and addons for support

Sure they’re skilled…but logistics are a thing too
    Software engineer to do WA and addons? Have you ever tried to make any of those yourself? It's really easy to understand, and you don't need any degree to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Does it matter to you?
    Why does why it matters matter to you?

The fact you have to ask that ������

Max and Rogerbrown did a detailed boss by boss review on their progress, interesting watch:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1098013011

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    Software engineer to do WA and addons? Have you ever tried to make any of those yourself? It's really easy to understand, and you don't need any degree to do them.
    Watch around 3:36:00 to 3:50:00 in the video I linked, you will see they code complex stuff, although yeah you still don't need an engineering degree for that but its impressive how they come up with those ideas and implement them quickly.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2021-07-26 at 11:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Thanks, Makabreska, that was fascinating viewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we got a three way tie for Alliance World First between Honestly and COPIUM of OC-Frostmourne, and Sloth of EU-Dun Modor.

Who's gonna pull through? Will the Reset matter? Will the Z Fighters find the Blue Dragonballs and wish Kungen back to life again? Where did Nathanos go after Tyrande yeeted his head off?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON ELF'S WORLD Z
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Look, US is best.. EU is best.... he's world first no that guy is world first. It's old, can we all just take a moment to appreciate that this is the first time in 14 years that the top 10 list has had 4 US guilds in it? For the last 14 years the top 10 list was 8EU 1 Korean/chinese and 1 US but finally we actually have a decent spread and a decent world first race. BDGG and method proved that perhaps with more planning or more tweaks both guilds can find themselves in the race with an actual chance, and it would make the race so much better for everyone if it wasn't just between 2 guilds but between 4.

So yes grats to echo, but also grats to finally having some diversity again like we used to back in vanilla/tbc.

Edit: I forgot pieces, they had some real life shit that held them back at the start. I'm not exactly sure what it was...flooding I think? either way, despite this they still managed to get world 3rd and I should change that to 5 guilds, not 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentacyde View Post
    Why are there no women or minority raid/guild leaders at the high end?
    Because the WoW pop sees very few of them at the top end. This probably has something to do with the culture, however historically Ensidia and Paragon had women and females in their rosters, and these are respected, revered names in the PvE scene with Paragon holding the top PvE spot for almost four expansions straight.

Why is NA worse in team games generally? Its the same in team sports, they are only top tier in the ones that are played only in the US (so hard to compare because no one else plays those). The same thing doesn't seem to apply to solo sports, even though China is the dominant one there.

Why are there no women or minority raid/guild leaders at the high end?
    What stops the poor oppressed women and minorities from grouping up together and showing the evil white boys how it is supposed to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    What stops the poor oppressed women and minorities from grouping up together and showing the evil white boys how it is supposed to be done?
    An honest answer would get us both infracted into next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    thats because your honest answer is dumb and wrong

Can you elaborate and provide sources to back up your claim?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    What would this honest answer be?

Can you elaborate and provide sources to back up your claim?
    I don't understand you. I did not claim anything. I asked a question.

I don't understand you. I did not claim anything. I asked a question.
    Oh I thought you were being sarcastic!

The raiding scene in WoW isn't an accessable game for women or PoC for most guilds unless they have a lot of internalized hatred or are okay with the risk of being a victim of sexual harassment. As well as the culture of these groups being so horrible for us that we don't have the ability to thrive. As well as the majority of folks being ones who have that amount of free time and are privileged enough to spend their free hours playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    thats because your honest answer is dumb and wrong
    Then by all means, answer the question. Do realize though that, due to your experience, you're one of what MMO-C considers the evil elitist high end raiders and therefore part of the supposed oppression.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I thought you were being sarcastic!

The raiding scene in WoW isn't an accessable game for women or PoC for most guilds unless they have a lot of internalized hatred or are okay with the risk of being a victim of sexual harassment. As well as the culture of these groups being so horrible for us that we don't have the ability to thrive. As well as the majority of folks being ones who have that amount of free time and are privileged enough to spend their free hours playing video games.
    You in no way answered the question. What's stopping them from forming their own raid groups? After all, such groups would logically be screened in formation to exclude the problems. Or, since the question explicitly stated the hypothetical groups would be composed of women or minorities, your answer effectively states they cause the harassment and problems.

Either way, this is a non-answer filled with loaded political buzzwords.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2021-07-28 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this thread, since plenty of guilds have achieved 10/10 in mythic and the race feels over for this tier.