1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    6 heals, have we ever seen that besides maybe Kael'thas in recent years?
    No clue brother, no fucking clue. I just think about Blood Legion with 8 (I think more) Healers on Thok staying in the phase and it being hot fixed to stop that mid pull.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Nerzhul alone will take average guilds 50+ pulls and thats only 4th boss...you can't make a raid that will take Limit more than 2 weeks without it being impossible. Dunno how there's still people that haven't realized this by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Limit didn't upgrade their legendaries yet, didn't do heroic splits, didn't do M+15 for 236 ilvl items and I'm not sure if they opened their vault. They still have a lot of potential power increase. Their overall ilvl for Nerzhul was only 231.
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    I'm talking purely from a co-ordination standpoint, it will be a hard fight for most guilds. So then the only argument is "make the numbers so high its impossible below a certain ilvl". Which is a dumb way to tune stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You're massively underestimating how big the difference between the average guild and a top 50 guild is, let alone the enormous fucking gulf that separates an average guild with the top 2-5. And it's not just time invested.
    I feel like they should still design unkillable bosses for at least a month by the best guild; it makes the game more epic to have unkillable stuff; then after the first 3-4 clears when their ilevel becomes extremely better they should be able to kill that final hard thing.

    BUT: in order to do that well I believe you need an Ulduar-esque system of in-encounter switches so that mythic can still clear: later you would still enter in mythic and then it could become EVEN HARDER if you kill a boss a different way (with extra rewards).

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    True, even Limit players complaining about the headstart, pathetic.
    They were not complaining last tier when the deciding factor was who gets to do split runs first. Not to say that the other dude doesn't have a point, but the impact of the headstart and who benefits from it heavily changes based on the last boss tuning and the time when that boss gets killed.

    If the last boss can get killed before the first reset, then yes, being able to watch strats and being able in some cases to get to a boss that has been hotfixed can definitely be an important advantage for EU that is then able to get to the last boss quicker and spend more time on in before the reset. If the boss can be killed without an higher ilvl, then the ball is clearly on EU's side at that time. Jaina was the perfect example of that.

    On the other end, when a last boss with very poor tuning cannot be killed before the reset but only requires split runs to kill after the reset, then the (second) headstart is an insane advantage that almost simply gives the victory to the side who resets first, US in that case. Denathrius was the perfect example of this. G'huun would have very likely been the same without Limit's mistake.

    What I hope for this tier is that Blizzard will have tuned Silvanas better than Denathrius or other previous poorly tuned bosses so that she doesn't go down right before or after the reset, and we don't see another tier where the headstart ends up being the decisive factor.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2021-07-13 at 11:09 PM.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    Limit 6 healing! Soulrender
    I suspect he will be getting a numbers tuning next reset then, if not earlier.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I suspect he will be getting a numbers tuning next reset then, if not earlier.
    10 minutes before Echo gets to them is currently scheduled by Blizz

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    They were not complaining last tier when the deciding factor was who gets to do split runs first. Not to say that the other dude doesn't have a point, but the impact of the headstart and who benefits from it heavily changes based on the last boss tuning and the time when that boss gets killed.

    If the last boss can get killed before the first reset, then yes, being able to watch strats and being able in some cases to get to a boss that has been hotfixed can definitely be an important advantage for EU that is then able to get to the last boss quicker and spend more time on in before the reset. If the boss can be killed without an higher ilvl, then the ball is clearly on EU's side at that time. Jaina was the perfect example of that.

    On the other end, when a last boss with very poor tuning cannot be killed before the reset but only requires split runs to kill after the reset, then the (second) headstart is an insane advantage that almost simply gives the victory to the side who resets first, US in that case. Denathrius was the perfect example of this. G'huun would have very likely been the same without Limit's mistake.

    What I hope for this tier is that Blizzard will have tuned Silvanas better than Denathrius or other previous poorly tuned bosses so that she doesn't go down right before or after the reset, and we don't see another tier where the headstart ends up being the decisive factor.
    With Denathrius, Limit killed it more than 16 hours before Echo did, AND Echo spent more than 5 hours longer on their reclear than Limit did.

  7. #347
    Dreadlord Ilyiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Adrestian Empire
    Posts
    853
    omfg i leave for a few hours and come back to SIX HEALING BOSS #5?
    sancy d, we don't deserve you
    Professional glass cannon since 2004.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Barolt View Post
    With Denathrius, Limit killed it more than 16 hours before Echo did, AND Echo spent more than 5 hours longer on their reclear than Limit did.
    That's honestly hard to say. Echo was really close to their kill before the reset too, and you could see that the general level of atmosphere plummeted when they lost, so they hardly played their best. The 16 hour window actually means nothing at all except to forum warriors. It's fucked one way or another.

  9. #349
    If the fifth boss is tuned that high, I can't even imagine the sheer amount of hurt the appropriately named Painsmith will bring, especially if datamining is true and he spawns spiked balls during the intermission on top of everything else on Mythic.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  10. #350
    Its certainly looking to be one of the hardest tuned raids in a while.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    That's honestly hard to say. Echo was really close to their kill before the reset too, and you could see that the general level of atmosphere plummeted when they lost, so they hardly played their best. The 16 hour window actually means nothing at all except to forum warriors. It's fucked one way or another.
    It's not actually that hard to say because "almost" doesn't win a race.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I feel like they should still design unkillable bosses for at least a month by the best guild; it makes the game more epic to have unkillable stuff; then after the first 3-4 clears when their ilevel becomes extremely better they should be able to kill that final hard thing.

    BUT: in order to do that well I believe you need an Ulduar-esque system of in-encounter switches so that mythic can still clear: later you would still enter in mythic and then it could become EVEN HARDER if you kill a boss a different way (with extra rewards).
    This just seems like Crucible of Storms with extra steps tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This is your fault.

  13. #353
    They just hit enrage so that's for 6 healing it.

  14. #354
    Damn, enrage on 20%. Yeah, they have 6 healers and probably overkilled adds but still, they were millions and millions of damage behind. Dropping one healer won't fix it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    omfg i leave for a few hours and come back to SIX HEALING BOSS #5?
    sancy d, we don't deserve you
    Yeah, I can't recall a boss like this in a veeery long time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Damn, enrage on 20%. Yeah, they have 6 healers and probably overkilled adds but still, they were millions and millions of damage behind. Dropping one healer won't fix it.
    Imagine if they had to cease raid to focus on splits and M+ day fucking 1, wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This is your fault.

  16. #356
    Neve thought this boss would be that challenging.. Painsmith will take them the whole week.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Yeah, I can't recall a boss like this in a veeery long time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Imagine if they had to cease raid to focus on splits and M+ day fucking 1, wow.
    With them going to normal it kinda feels like they are already glancing at Blizzard if they will hotfix the fight.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    With them going to normal it kinda feels like they are already glancing at Blizzard if they will hotfix the fight.
    This is going to be one spicy race if the fifth boss hits enrage at 20% and forces the reigning champions to go back with their tails between their legs to clear normal. And that's before the sure-to-be-hellacious Painsmith and the inevitable 15 minute bugfest of Sylvanas.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    With them going to normal it kinda feels like they are already glancing at Blizzard if they will hotfix the fight.
    If Blizzard hotfixes Soulrender right at the end of Limit's raid day that really destroys the NA advantage.

  20. #360
    Herald of the Titans Porimlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,885
    expected this from painsmith not soulrender. Very cool to see, looks like it's gonna be a fun race to watch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •