Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The separation is of course between professionals and amateurs in real life sports.. NBA teams wouldn't be competing in an amateur tournament. In gaming, the professionals compete at the same level at the people just playing for fun. There's no race to world first for the e-sport guilds separated from those who just raid in their own free time.

I'm aware money is involved. It doesn't mean I have to like the influence it has in a passion of mine.
    That is not how it works! That's not how anything works!

NBA is not a good example because it is a franchised league like most professional sports leagues in the US.

There are basicly two models for sports/esports. Franchised league vs open circuit/tiered leagues.

Since you're from the UK let's take for example the FA cup in football. A complete amateur team can win it all, of course it is very unlikely. But they are not denied the opportunity to do it. If they are the best they will win it.

And about your passion. Is your passion to clear the raid or is it to be the very best like no one ever was? If it is the latter you do what you can to be in the most favourable position, be it extra time to do it, surround yourself with better teamates, make it your job (either by streaming or being paid by an organization to do it). The latter also works for pretty much any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    That is not how it works! That's not how anything works!

NBA is not a good example because it is a franchised league like most professional sports leagues in the US.

There are basicly two models for sports/esports. Franchised league vs open circuit/tiered leagues.

Since you're from the UK let's take for example the FA cup in football. A complete amateur team can win it all, of course it is very unlikely. But they are not denied the opportunity to do it. If they are the best they will win it.

And about your passion. Is your passion to clear the raid or is it to be the very best like no one ever was? If it is the latter you do what you can to be in the most favourable position, be it extra time to do it, surround yourself with better teamates, make it your job (either by streaming or being paid by an organization to do it). The latter also works for pretty much any sport.
    Literally that about the passion part.. More people should understand that.

You can see the change in limit from last expansion

In BfA they wasted time trying to push a boss knowing the hot fix was coming, they extended lock outs and didn’t care about gear

This time around they saw a hot fix incoming and went for splits to get the gear necessary for the next boss

Limit is surpassing their limits

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The separation is of course between professionals and amateurs in real life sports.. NBA teams wouldn't be competing in an amateur tournament. In gaming, the professionals compete at the same level at the people just playing for fun. There's no race to world first for the e-sport guilds separated from those who just raid in their own free time.

I'm aware money is involved. It doesn't mean I have to like the influence it has in a passion of mine.
    It may not get global viewers, but every hardcore raiding guild I've been in, and it's players, like to compete "locally" on their particular server. Maybe we can't be a World First guid, or even a Region First guid, but we got a shot at server first on Darkspear without killing ourselves and quitting work! Maybe I can't be the #1 scoring Mythic+ warrior in the world, but I got a chance at taking the top spot on my server!

Stay away from the servers WF guilds and streamers use and there's casual level competition...just gotta find the appropriate backyard to play in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Sponsor deals weren’t that big back then

Heck a free headset was a huge deal
    Oh no, there were a few guys straight up getting rent covered, trying to remember the name of one of them. Was a Paladin who also did arena, terrible attitude, worse hygiene.

- - - Updated - - -

Oof, 0.8% on Soulrender for Echo, haven't done their splits yet.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    It may not get global viewers, but every hardcore raiding guild I've been in, and it's players, like to compete "locally" on their particular server. Maybe we can't be a World First guid, or even a Region First guid, but we got a shot at server first on Darkspear without killing ourselves and quitting work! Maybe I can't be the #1 scoring Mythic+ warrior in the world, but I got a chance at taking the top spot on my server!

Stay away from the servers WF guilds and streamers use and there's casual level competition...just gotta find the appropriate backyard to play in.
    That's kinda lame though. The servers are practically the same across the world and the realm means nothing compared to the other realms since you still don't know those people in both cases.
    I would understand it if you said "I care about people that I know personally"; even competition inside the same guild can be big; I guess you might mean that for people you know in a realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Oof, 0.8% on Soulrender for Echo, haven't done their splits yet.
    They have been progressing on nerfed version of this encounter though, meanwhile Limit lost several hours progressing overtuned version of this encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold has 9k more viewers right now than Max from Limit has, I feel like that shouldn't be happening. Although Gingi from Echo has 31k viewers, Asmon's #2 on Twitch.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    They have been progressing on nerfed version of this encounter though, meanwhile Limit lost several hours progressing overtuned version of this encounter.
    Is the WCL pull counter for Limit including the pre-nerfed version or only after the hotfix ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Limit still didn't kill the nerfed version until they had done splits, Limit's now had two sub 1% wipes. Keep losing a DPS early in the fight, which is making up the difference.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Asmongold has 9k more viewers right now than Max from Limit has, I feel like that shouldn't be happening. Although Gingi from Echo has 31k viewers, Asmon's #2 on Twitch.
    Why shouldnt that be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Why shouldn't that be happening? The last few times I've seen him stream he's hit over 100k viewers. His fans aren't wow fans. They're just Asmongold fans at this point. So while there maybe some correlation between his viewership vs the rest of the wow section, it's honestly minuscule nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Is the WCL pull counter for Limit including the pre-nerfed version or only after the hotfix ?
    Total

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Total

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)
    Thank you.

Spiked balls during intermission on Painsmith looks brutal.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

It only took limit 4 pulls to kill soulrender after the hotfix. But they already had a few hours of practice on the un-nerfed version and they had done 3 or 4 splits of KT and Sylvannas to ensure they killed the un-nerfed version within a timely manner.

What if you're meant to just jump over the no-gap spikes.

Painsmith will be interesting, I see it being the Ashvane of this go around.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Painsmith will be interesting, I see it being the Ashvane of this go around.
    It's an absolute absurd fight. Mythic added spike balls and a gapless row of spikes during the intermittent phase
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

So this raid is pretty simple mechanically, the main difficulty seems to be Blizz just overtunes the shit out of the bosses. Is this normally how mythic is at the beginning?

yes it's the first half of a mythic raid