10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboblaat View Post
    Echo did the same thing for Limit, testing out Guardian of the First Ones.
    That's like saying someone tested Hogger while the other team tested a pissed off Chuck Norris that had you travel through a booby trapped vietnam jungle.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I'm gonna say Limit.

NA has a serious time-zone advantage when the fights are easy and top guilds cut through them like butter. Both Echo and Limit are already 7/10 and making a complete joke out of this tier.

Unless Fatescribe and Kel'thuzad turn out to be brick walls, I see world first Sylvanas kill happening by Sunday.

I think that's unlikely because Painsmith is easily the hardest encounter on Heroic, and given the 107 pulls Echo needed to down it, it's very likely they or Limit will kill Sylvanas in less.
    except that 2500 guilds have killed Painsmith on heroic and less than 200 have killed Sylvanas heroic. H:Sylvie has been compared to mythic level bosses as opposed to her other heroic counterparts... So what are you even trying to saying?
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    No worries, it was a funny coincidence to see my own comment quoted back to me. I didn't think you had malicious intent or anything. Thanks for bringing it up though, I would have loved to hear technical stuff from someone who knows more than I do.
    I've never implemented a real time system for doing this, but the logic here seems like it should be pretty similar to other synchronization problems. Compensating for latency is difficult and something everyone does a little differently. There are two places you need compensation for this specific case: the player's position and movement (specifically I hit 'w' and start running, and the server and my client need to agree that I'm in a safe spot when the spikes spawn), and the actual animation of the mechanic. If there's a desync with either of these and your latency isn't extremely low, it's going to be noticeable. That's usually why indicators on the ground last for quite a while, so human reaction time and latency are not significant in something like the 95% case.

Just eyeballing the mechanic from a few clips at 0.25x speed, it looks like there's ~250ms of leniency where the spikes despawn before the indicator for the next wave appears, and the full wave to wave time is about 1.5 seconds. That's a very tight timing for a mechanic in an online game. From the few clips I've seen where someone appears to be hit while they're safe, they were always standing completely still before reacting to the previous wave despawning and then running to safety. Normally in data processing this wouldn't be too much of a problem because you'd just aggregate information across enough time to reconcile the race condition, but this is real time, so there's probably no such aggregation -- when the server makes a snap decision, it's final.

My guess is that in this case your reaction time + latency have to beat this fairly tight timing. Maybe it does usually, but sometimes not. If that's what's going on here, a generally higher latency would absolutely make this happen way more consistently. That makes it not an NA vs EU or a guild vs guild thing, but a player to player variation. Some people are just going to have a very hard time dodging these consistently, while it'll rarely be a problem for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I'm gonna say Limit.

NA has a serious time-zone advantage when the fights are easy and top guilds cut through them like butter. Both Echo and Limit are already 7/10 and making a complete joke out of this tier.
    200 pulls for a mid tier boss is a joke now....the trolling on this forum is really top of the line

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    People need to move on and stop talking about Painsmith, let's just see what happens on the next Mythic bosses. The race is still on, Limit does have an advantage with being able to obtain a reset worth of gear and re-clears. I highly doubt Sylvanas will fall this week.

Lmao people are upset that a guy goes on a rant about a boss after raiding for 11+ hours. Unbelievable and actually hilarious.
    i5-3570k @ 4.5hz, 1.25v | EVGA GTX 980ti @ 1380MHz| 144hz

I took a nap and Echo is still doing KT. How many did they do and how many do they have left?

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    I took a nap and Echo is still doing KT. How many did they do and how many do they have left?
    They did: not enough

They still have: many more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Just a fact mate. NA hasn't won a raid since TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Positive attitude works, people underestimate the power of psychology.
    Didn’t NA win some Cata raid??

Yeah and some people take things waaaayyyyy too seriously

Have we seen Fatescribe pulls? Will it be hard as predicted or more like Guardian?

Would be funny if Painsmith and Fatescribe turn out to be easier bosses than at the very least Kel'thuzad.

- - - Updated - - -

In what time frame are you talking about? Limit won Ny'alotha and Castle Nathria

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Have we seen Fatescribe pulls? Will it be hard as predicted or more like Guardian?

Would be funny if Painsmith and Fatescribe turn out to be easier bosses than at the very least Kel'thuzad.
    In every Interview the last couple of days every player expected KT to be the true endboss. Like SLG was in CN. That fight with Painsmith tuning will be extreme. Nonstop Damage and Healer checks you have to overcome + some actual mechanics.

But then again Blizzard could have made that boss as easy as the Guardian. Let's see Fatescribe first tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Ny'alotha and Castle Nathria?

I had to tune out from echo
    I get that splits are boring and you need to talk about something but fuck me dude
    “Healers with DR are too OP either give it to everyone or take it away from everyone” in the same breath as “having a niche is great. I don’t think that they should have niches though. Did I mention my spec isn’t being used in the race?? It’s obviously something that needs to be fixed by blizz but it doesn’t matter so much that chat would need these exact set ups…but the meta”

I almost had a stroke hearing “healers should do more than just heal. We only have 2 specs that do damage in their rotation and they all should but blizz won’t make that change because a lot of people don’t care also hps doesn’t matter. If dps balance was like this you would see a big uproar though.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ny'alotha and Castle Nathria?
    Don’t forget empress in MoP

- - - Updated - - -

“Blizzard needs to explain how shards drop or how that system really works”

Fuck me I regret going back
    These are the guys casting a raid race

I miss last tier already

Limit won the last 2 raids. Yoiu have no facts.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I had to tune out from echo
    I get that splits are boring and you need to talk about something but fuck me dude
    “Healers with DR are too OP either give it to everyone or take it away from everyone” in the same breath as “having a niche is great. I don’t think that they should have niches though. Did I mention my spec isn’t being used in the race?? It’s obviously something that needs to be fixed by blizz but it doesn’t matter so much that chat would need these exact set ups…but the meta”

I almost had a stroke hearing “healers should do more than just heal. We only have 2 specs that do damage in their rotation and they all should but blizz won’t make that change because a lot of people don’t care also hps doesn’t matter. If dps balance was like this you would see a big uproar though.”

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t forget empress in MoP

- - - Updated - - -

“Blizzard needs to explain how shards drop or how that system really works”

Fuck me I regret going back
    These are the guys casting a raid race

I miss last tier already
    It's why I never watch those streams. They have to fill time with small talk and I'd rather just watch the PoV I want to see and listen to music/sports radio while I have the stream on mute.

I watched some of Method's stream but Djarii's commentary was absolute cringe, I actually had to watch something else because it was too painful. Felt bad because she actually seems pretty cool as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Actually you're wrong. Wow does not continually update your position, it only updates on facing change or movement stop / start. This is why when you run straight ahead into a building on your mount, it takes forever or until you change facing to dismount you.

Though some encounters during raid can enforce a more frequent baseline to prevent things like this.
    Not every piece of information has same priority. Your exact positioning is far less important when you are fast & mounted vs when you are walking in a raid. It is normal to adjust the rates case by case to optimize it. That's why all these "but it is not like that when I'm mounted in dalaran" comments should be taken with a grain of salt. Unless we see the source code, or do some serious debugging, we can't really know the either way.

Don't know if I heard correctly but it seems Echo are considering not doing any Mythic pulls today. Appears they will do splits all day and then call it. Strange but that's what they appear to be considering.

People always forget the EU's extra day so "headstart" evens out on wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Limit won the last 2 raids. Yoiu have no facts.
    Did they win it according to bozzelprogress though? If it wasn't an ethical win then it wasn't a win.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-