Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    because they want to win the race and your entertainement comes second
    entitled brat
    Amusing how these individuals watch something that irritates them so much. It’s lovely outside go top up your Vitamin D or do something that you get some enjoyment from. I enjoy watching both guild and switch between the two when they’re on together. And what’s this irrational dislike of people making money from an event like this do I sense a little jealousy.

Does Sylvanas actually die in this raid? Not that it really matters with Wow lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Does Sylvanas actually die in this raid? Not that it really matters with Wow lore.
    We've know the answer to this for two weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    We've know the answer to this for two weeks now.
    Care to share it?

Now the question isn’t “is it possible to kill this boss” because the fact limit was pushing 3% per progression pull at the end imo shows that it’s possible

It’s literally a question of “when will they kill the boss”
    Limit is not the best with execution this time around regardless of if you are a fan or not you can see that and that’s ok because they are the ones that hit harder. Echo will take the lead today and if they don’t kill it by Their reset then they either extend or hope that painsmith remains a roadblock.

If Sylvanas lasts until the reset it’s limit’s race to lose. If they reclear then she falls over. If they extend they lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Care to share it?
    The answer is she doesn’t
    No matter the mythic fight the end of it doesn’t change

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Now the question isn’t “is it possible to kill this boss” because the fact limit was pushing 3% per progression pull at the end imo shows that it’s possible

Limit is not the best with execution this time around regardless of if you are a fan or not you can see that and that’s ok because they are the ones that hit harder. Echo will take the lead today and if they don’t kill it by Their reset then they either extend or hope that painsmith remains a roadblock.

If Sylvanas lasts until the reset it’s limit’s race to lose. If they reclear then she falls over. If they extend they lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! 10characters

Care to share it?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ding-cinematic
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I do think the question might indeed be "is it possible to kill this boss?" We'll know more in a few hours but it looks like it might be legit impossible to kill sylvannas before running out of platforms unless there's something else about the fight we don't know yet or some insane undiscovered way to dish out more damage to her in phase 2.
    Last edited by SeIex; 2021-07-18 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeIex View Post
    Actually, I do think the question might indeed be "is it possible to kill this boss?" We'll know more in a few hours but it looks like it might be legit impossible to kill sylvannas before running out of platforms unless there's something else about the fight we don't know yet or some insane undiscovered way to dish out more damage to her in phase 2.
    They had 3 dps down when they got to the first platform and two were top 5 dps
    They also had her down to about 70% by the time they wiped

It’s possible

They had 3 dps down when they got to the first platform and two were top 5 dps
    They also had her down to about 70% by the time they wiped

It’s possible
    By the time they wiped, there was only one more platform to go. Even if those 3 people were alive the whole time, I don't think that equates to an extra 20%. JB said a little a while ago that he was told they essentially had to do double their current dps with everyone alive. That really doesn't seem possible. But like I said before, we'll know more in a few hours.

Just got banned from echo chat because I pointed out that the casters are having a word for word discussion they already covered yesterday

“Man everyone is hung up on that trinket working around the tank death but you know what’s really broken on that fight?? Absorbs and DR let’s talk about it”

Fuck me man is it just the fact that the guy’s spec isn’t in the fight or is it something deeper.

Just got banned from echo chat because I pointed out that the casters are having a word for word discussion they already covered yesterday

“Man everyone is hung up on that trinket working around the tank death but you know what’s really broken on that fight?? Absorbs and DR let’s talk about it”

Fuck me man is it just the fact that the guy’s spec isn’t in the fight or is it something deeper.
    Just watch Scripe or Jeathe.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, what else do you really want them to say?

They are there to talk non-stop and they have to do it for hours on end. In addition to multiple casters and nothing really happening much last day, ofc they do occasional recaps and such just to get those another 3 mins of talking in.

/shrug

Honestly, the dps check doesn't look that tight. They just got her below 70% with like half the raid dead for a good chunk of last phase, and they had an entire extra platform. Looks super killable to me.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Honestly, the dps check doesn't look that tight. They just got her below 70% with like half the raid dead for a good chunk of last phase, and they had an entire extra platform. Looks super killable to me.
    You are aware that 20% is still 27 million hitpoints, right? It's like 60% of a 'normal' mythic boss - or, to put it in more of a perspective, three full healthbars on Kel'thuzad. Or 50% more than Jaina had during in P3, which was also a huge dps race that didn't have anywhere near as many mechanics. Or Azshara. Or N'zoth. Either way, a long way to go.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2021-07-18 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Just watch Scripe or Jeathe.
    Jeath is the place to go. Have to admire a guy who streams WoW and plays Classical Music and reads Poetry while doing so. Only issue I have is the fact that he absolutely detests Max for a reason that escapes me. His chat is pretty laid back as well not the usual Twitch morons present.

NO. In fact, the fight ends with her still at 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You are aware that 20% is still 27 million hitpoints, right? It's like 60% of a 'normal' mythic boss - or, to put it in more of a perspective, all four healthbars of Kel'thuzad. Or 50% more than Jaina had during in P3, which was also a huge dps race that didn't have anywhere near as many mechanics.
    I don't think it's that relevant to compare to other bosses. What matters is how much damage they can do in the time remaining.

They had 2 dead in phase 2 and got the boss to 80.5% before P3. Correct me if I'm wrong but she doesn't phase based on percent there right? So they should be able to milk a bit more damage out of her there.

Then in P3 proper they had 3 dead before lust and one died during. They still got her below 72% before the second platform was over. then most of the raid exploded and their dmg fell off a cliff. If that was cleaner I think she'd be right at about 65% there. That's halfway through the phase. They're also definitely losing some damage just due to people not being super familiar with last phase yet. They'll gain small bits of damage here and there as they see the phase more frequently and people make small optimizations.

Half the platforms used. Boss at about half. Seems doable with a clean pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, what else do you really want them to say?

They are there to talk non-stop and they have to do it for hours on end. In addition to multiple casters and nothing really happening much last day, ofc they do occasional recaps and such just to get those another 3 mins of talking in.

/shrug
    literally anything else man
    like hearing them go on and on and on about healer balance two days in a row is unnecessary
    like the conversation was about the trinket and then became about healer balance
    and unsurprisingly after like 5 people got banned/timed out they started talking about the fight

talk about how the comp is different to the competition's
    talk about how the race has been
    talk about how the race compares to the past

but hearing "well damage reductions are way too overpowered and are why we dont see more resto druids" again and hearing the condescending tone when addressing chat makes me wonder why??

literally anything else man
    like hearing them go on and on and on about healer balance two days in a row is unnecessary
    like the conversation was about the trinket and then became about healer balance
    and unsurprisingly after like 5 people got banned/timed out they started talking about the fight

talk about how the comp is different to the competition's
    talk about how the race has been
    talk about how the race compares to the past

but hearing "well damage reductions are way too overpowered and are why we dont see more resto druids" again and hearing the condescending tone when addressing chat makes me wonder why??
    yawn.. he is main healer. He plays the game 8 hours a day as a healer. Seeing the same healers over and over again is triggering. Do you want to talk another 10 hours about the stupid trinket thing? THAT is truly boring.