Page 1 of 152
... LastLast

Sanctum of Domination Race to World First

it's that time again, another raid will soon open, and another round of drama will begin.

so, what are your predictions?
    how bad will gold impact this tier?
    will we see more guilds use the '21th(not 26th, i am an idiot) player' startegy?

i did not follow the guilds that closely, so if someone could give an update on the WF scene, that would be great.
    i know that Exorsus said they would step away from the race, but are any other major things?
    Last edited by Narzok; 2021-07-01 at 07:02 AM.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is even going anymore?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

What's so fun about watching the same old guilds competing over world first race like some special ed kids fighting over the same color crayon they wanted?
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2021-07-01 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Who is even going anymore?
    Limit/echo/pieces go for top 3 and fatsharkyes usually casually gets 4 or 5. Method might be ready to race again, they got 5th last tier so it's possible we might actually have a decent race to world first for once, can't remember the last time 4-5 guilds were actually able to compete for 1st, I think Cata maybe. Then it switched to just 1 guild for about 6 years, then 2.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    What's so fun about watching the same old guilds competing over world first race like some special ed kids fighting over the same color crayon they wanted?
    i am more interested in what happens around the actual race.

aside from the state of the mythic tier in its inital state before hotfixes and nerfs,
    i like seeing the drama unrelated people cause around it.
    for me it is funny to see (presumably) adult people losing their mind over a videogame, insulting each other like some braindead idiots.

this tier i am especially waiting for how much the "WoW is p2w!" narrative will affect the rambling.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the US guild <LIMIT> on the Illidan server is LITERALLY CHEATING. The guild leader (https://www.twitch.tv/limit_maximum) is currently sitting but will be screen sharing someone who is in during the fight and raid leading. Essentially they have 21 PLAYERS IN THE FIGHT. I Hope Blizzard will do something to stop this. Method is only using 20 players WHICH IS THE RULES.

I really hope a cheating guild doesn't win. Anyone else agree with me?

[infracted for trolling]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-07-02 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    So the US guild <LIMIT> on the Illidan server is LITERALLY CHEATING. The guild leader (https://www.twitch.tv/limit_maximum) is currently sitting but will be screen sharing someone who is in during the fight and raid leading. Essentially they have 21 PLAYERS IN THE FIGHT. I Hope Blizzard will do something to stop this. Method is only using 20 players WHICH IS THE RULES.

Please show in the TOS where that is considered cheating. Or just admit you're salty about this strat.

This is a joke right? They can have a 100 people screen sharing if they feel thats benedicial to them. Its just about killing the boss first.

7+ Year Old Account

This meme so soon? We start memeing at around page 5, usually.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

You are like 3 raid tiers late my dude, lol... or just want to be 'funny' memeing?

I know there's been covid and all but I assure you it's 2021.

The first troll directly gets 6 responses. This thread is going places.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So out of touch to not know mythic is 20 ppl and it would be the 21st player?
    no, just me being stupid, my bad.

Limit will win, there will be twitter posts and forum outrages over the 16 hour advantage and blizzards absence from the WF race, and 2 weeks after its forgotten until the next tier.

Which is fine, really looking forward to the memes and clips again, always a great week on twitch as a viewer.

Not just them, they were just the first ones but since the last patch all the top guilds did the same.

Can we start the memes early this time?

I'll save you guys about 100 pages:

But wait, we can go even deeper:

No, but really... kind of hoping EU wins this time. An Echo doesn't always need to come in second. :^)

You know that Echo did that too right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Can we start the memes early this time?

I'll save you guys about 100 pages:

But wait, we can go even deeper:

No, but really... kind of hoping EU wins this time. An Echo doesn't always need to come in second. :^)
    Damn I just realized that. By calling themselves echo they're technically calling themselves second

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Thet is just so intentionally wrong. Ever heard of people watching football on TV?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    Limit will win, there will be twitter posts and forum outrages over the 16 hour advantage and blizzards absence from the WF race, and 2 weeks after its forgotten until the next tier.

Which is fine, really looking forward to the memes and clips again, always a great week on twitch as a viewer.
    But the 16hr advantage is very unfair, especially lately, when kills happened so close after a reset. Echo killed Sire within 18hrs of limit, even though they did quit early the day before, because limit had won.
    This could have been a photofinish, if Blizzard would get their shit together.

You can call me an Echo shill if you like, doesnt matter. Even limit acknowledges that this is unfair.

The 16hr advantage only really comes into play if the boss dies shortly after the first reset or the raid is really easy and is killed within a day.
    NA usually gets an extended maintenance on raid day, sometimes get their progress halted because of a game breaking bug in some later fight, and EU gets to see their progress on the earlier bosses and streamline their strats to save some time when clearing the first bosses. Does that make up for 16 hours? Maybe not that much.

Though this thread is about the mythic race...

What's your opinion on the boss difficulty on normal mode? What's the best order to do them?