Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I will leisurely follow it but man.. it would be great if more than 2 guilds could actually compete for world first due to how ridiculously time consuming and grand the preparation is.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    It is not about 2 guilds it is about the people watching it. The more exciting, the more views, the more guilds.
    Which is still a minority, WoW isn't competitive for them to mess up their release schedules. If you start going that rabbit-hole, then you need to ALL regions (and not just EU/NA), that's going to be a nightmare for them due to time-zones. There really is no optimal solution as far as I can see. The only suggestion is maybe releasing on the same day (i.e. Tuesday for all, or Wed for all) and perhaps adjusting the raid lockout timers for the first few weeks for a new tier only to be as close as possible within sane hours still.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    The 16hr advantage only really comes into play if the boss dies shortly after the first reset or the raid is really easy and is killed within a day.
    NA usually gets an extended maintenance on raid day, sometimes get their progress halted because of a game breaking bug in some later fight, and EU gets to see their progress on the earlier bosses and streamline their strats to save some time when clearing the first bosses. Does that make up for 16 hours? Maybe not that much.
    16 hours of pulls is hard to justify being "made up for", that amount of pulls is just too much.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be more interesting if it was a race more frequently ie. more raids.
    Feels like an Arena tournament which has one set of matches, the final, every time.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post

Ok that's what pedophile would say but whatever suits your taste. Sick twisted freak.
    I'm not sure if you are purposelly going over the top or if you actually have some (mental?) issues.

You should probably log off your computer for a while and try doing something else. Seems its not doing good for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    You're saying ICC a raid with limited attempts was where splits started?

SPlits didn't start until Cata dragon soul due to LFR and the exploit
    Paragon started it in ICC. Not in the same fashion how it is done currently, but that was the time top guilds realized its beneficial to have several alts to run with.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-07-03 at 08:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    it's that time again, another raid will soon open, and another round of drama will begin.

so, what are your predictions?
    how bad will gold impact this tier?
    will we see more guilds use the '21th(not 26th, i am an idiot) player' startegy?

i did not follow the guilds that closely, so if someone could give an update on the WF scene, that would be great.
    i know that Exorsus said they would step away from the race, but are any other major things?
    gold wont impact this teir much at all, blizz specifically made sure it wouldnt. 1 no thing like corruptions, 2 there is far less BOE slots then last teirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account

Wut? That's exactly why it started in ICC. So when they exhausted LK attempts limit they go on their other chars.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Yo, my cousin likes to talk about things as if he knows how they work, and when he says things like this (things that are obviously false) I always wonder why he continues to do it. I’m wondering if you could fill me in? He’s too defensive to actually get an answer out of so I was wondering if you could help me.

I mean after being exposed providing false information with extreme confidence so many times you’d think he’d get the hint by now, right?

I really don’t mean to be toxic if that’s how you take it, I’m genuinely curious and looking for answers here.

I'm pretty sure the skill has dropped considerably since the peak of WoW raiding (the world-first defeat of Algalon the Observer). Back then I was seeing guilds that were out of this world; they had such coordination that you couldn't believe that that was possible.
    I remember we had tank in a hard core guild that was the best player I've ever seen personally in the game: I couldn't believe how good he was: but even him was a reject of Ensidia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I'm pretty sure the skill has dropped considerably since the peak of WoW raiding (the world-first defeat of Algalon the Observer). Back then I was seeing guilds that were out of this world; they had such coordination that you couldn't believe that that was possible.
    I remember we had tank in a hard core guild that was the best player I've ever seen personally in the game: I couldn't believe how good he was: but even him was a reject of Ensidia.
    Lol. A guild going from algalon to mythic uunat would never kill him

Mythic SLG is one of the most complex fights ever put in the game. I assure you to those actually doing them the raids have not gotten easier lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like someone who didn't touch current Mythics, or even Legions, for that matter.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-07-03 at 04:08 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the reason you think that is because you didn't actually see the process of getting there and only viewed the finished product. You didn't witness dozens, maybe hundreds of wipes where they made the "simple" mistakes and died without ever achieving this amazing coordination, only the final pull where everything clicked together. You don't know that this "amazing player" might have been nearly kicked out halfway through, because he kept screwing up or his numbers weren't there or anything else that doesn't the image of "bestest raiders ever".

Also, being a "reject of Ensidia" can mean anything, from lack of skills, to making a bad impression, to not having anywhere near enough free time to be in a top level guild. It's not a proof of Ensidia being some godlike guild that is far beyond Limit/Echo. Plenty of skilled players get denied in those two as well.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2021-07-03 at 05:31 PM.

Isn't blatant trolling bannable?

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Method is throwing money at their WF attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Damn, Method is throwing money at their WF attempt.

They've done this every tier. I guess the difference is now they can afford a graphic designer to make it look pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Isn't blatant trolling bannable?
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason you think that is because you didn't actually see the process of getting there and only viewed the finished product. You didn't witness dozens, maybe hundreds of wipes where they made the "simple" mistakes and died without ever achieving this amazing coordination, only the final pull where everything clicked together. You don't know that this "amazing player" might have been nearly kicked out halfway through, because he kept screwing up or his numbers weren't there or anything else that doesn't the image of "bestest raiders ever".

Also, being a "reject of Ensidia" can mean anything, from lack of skills, to making a bad impression, to not having anywhere near enough free time to be in a top level guild. It's not a proof of Ensidia being some godlike guild that is far beyond Limit/Echo. Plenty of skilled players get denied in those two as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Spoken like someone who didn't touch current Mythics, or even Legions, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Mythic SLG is one of the most complex fights ever put in the game. I assure you to those actually doing them the raids have not gotten easier lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lol. A guild going from algalon to mythic uunat would never kill him
    Damn all those people got really hurt hearing that after killing Yogg'Saron 0 keepers + Algalon the Observer world fist: the skill in the game got a considerable hit.
    No reason to be hurt: during WotLK the game was at its ABSOLUTE PEAK of number of players so obviously it had also collected the most talent.

E.g. I recently a saw an interview with the THIRD BEST GUILD IN THE WORLD and those people openly admitted that are lazy sloths that get a main advantage by collecting obscene amounts of gold by personally doing boost runs (back in WotLK: the best guilds in the world were so glorious that they didn't even have to do that: they had an ENTIRE NETWORK OF SUPPORTERS DOING IT FOR THEM and they mainly focused on pure gaming skill (and that's why if you actually watch a fight from end-of-TBC/mid-end-of-WotLK/launch-to-mid-Cata you see coordination that has never been surpassed).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-07-04 at 08:54 AM.

Damn all those people got really hurt hearing that after killing Yogg'Saron 0 keepers + Algalon the Observer world fist: the skill in the game got a considerable hit.
    No reason to be hurt: during WotLK the game was at its ABSOLUTE PEAK of number of players so obviously it had also collected the most talent.

E.g. I recently a saw an interview with the THIRD BEST GUILD IN THE WORLD and those people openly admitted that are lazy sloths that get a main advantage by collecting obscene amounts of gold by personally doing boost runs (back in WotLK: the best guilds in the world were so glorious that they didn't even have to do that: they had an ENTIRE NETWORK OF SUPPORTERS DOING IT FOR THEM and they mainly focused on pure gaming skill (and that's why if you actually watch a fight from end-of-TBC/mid-end-of-WotLK/launch-to-mid-Cata you see coordination that has never been surpassed).
    Alright dude, the first time it was humorous. Going for a round two is just baiting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Alright dude, the first time it was humorous. Going for a round two is just baiting at this point.
    "HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN OPINION THAT IS NOT EXACTLY LIKE MINE SO THEREFORE YOU MUST BE TROLLING!!11!1!1!".
    Get over it: it doesn't even makes sense what you say: you literally imply that MILLIONS of players can't have more skill.
    What exactly happened after that time that made humanity have more skill in a pool of 1mil players vs 10mil?

"HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN OPINION THAT IS NOT EXACTLY LIKE MINE SO THEREFORE YOU MUST BE TROLLING!!11!1!1!".
    Get over it: it doesn't even makes sense what you say: you literally imply that MILLIONS of players can't have more skill.
    What exactly happened after that time that made humanity have more skill in a pool of 1mil players vs 10mil?
    Skill per millions of players isn't some kind of binary stat like you're implying. There simply isn't an effective way to measure how good players in prior expansions are to today. To me this reads like somebody who taking the same boring nostalgic takes players have about the game and taking it one step further to imply that not only was the game better but the players were better too. It doesn't work like that and you know it.