Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Seems weird to me. Half of Limit/Echo is still online 7 am playing video games. You can check in 2 months when they are back to what they do outside of the race. They shouldn't have any problems with that.
    They'd still do it of course, these players would scoop out the Atlantic with a spoon if that meant gaining 0.1% advantage but someone would still be at a slight but I think objective disadvantage.

1.a) Starting same time globally
    1.b) Wouldn't be fair because of day/night/sleep cycles being different world wide.

2.a) Counting based on time spend between Unlock to Kill Time
    2.b) Would arguably mean those that start early can have their strat copied by others that unlock later thus reducing time.

3.a) Going dark/blind
    3.b) That would remove all the sweet sweet live stream money.

4.a) Tune bosses specifically to being killable first week, so everyone has 1 week of rng to test their skill to make up for it. Or lock out raid resets globally for x weeks.
    4.b) Comes down to rng when tightly tuned, is a race of rng really able to determine who is 'best?'

5.a) Raid in a predetermined setup, same loot, same reserve classes, same skill/talent/covenant options AND based on Unlock to Kill time And dark/blind.
    5.b) Would probably be the most 'fair' but also the most dull.

in the end you need to weight the pros and cons, but i would say a head start with new gear is a heavy weight con, it would have been more fine if sylvanas was tuned reasonably close to a week2 day 4-5 kill, but purely week1+reset-gear is utterly Boring, its not a race by then.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

1+ Year Old Account
    Lmao this drama is gonna be good

Echo will do more splits tomorrow with more p3 optimization and give their best to push her before reset. Let's see if they can do this.

This was a fun day, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    1.b) Wouldn't be fair because of day/night/sleep cycles being different world wide.

2.a) Counting based on time spend between Unlock to Kill Time
    2.b) Would arguably mean those that start early can have their strat copied by others that unlock later thus reducing time.

3.a) Going dark/blind
    3.b) That would remove all the sweet sweet live stream money.

4.a) Tune bosses specifically to being killable first week, so everyone has 1 week of rng to test their skill to make up for it. Or lock out raid resets globally for x weeks.
    4.b) Comes down to rng when tightly tuned, is a race of rng really able to determine who is 'best?'

5.a) Raid in a predetermined setup, same loot, same reserve classes, same skill/talent/covenant options AND based on Unlock to Kill time And dark/blind.
    5.b) Would probably be the most 'fair' but also the most dull.

in the end you need to weight the pros and cons, but i would say a head start with new gear is a heavy weight con, it would have been more fine if sylvanas was tuned reasonably close to a week2 day 4-5 kill, but purely week1+reset-gear is utterly Boring, its not a race by then.
    Best easy solution would be to release them at same day of week for both EU and US. Like both on their local morning Tuesdays. That way it would be advantageous to EU but the time difference would be around 6 or 8 hours. The problem now is reset happens in US on a Tuesday but EU gets it on their Wednesday.

But regardless I don't think Blizzard cares much about it, so nothing will happen and this is what we got and have to play around it.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2021-07-18 at 09:30 PM.

Praying for the "Limit steamrolls on Tuesday and gets the Sylvanas kill and then Echo kills it shortly after before EU reset" drama now.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever had to raid at odd hours would simply flip their bodyclock in advance to adjust, both guilds are doing this full time at this point, it'd be like working a nightshift.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

To play at the Echo/Limit level you're playing WoW full-time when a patch comes out. If you asked Echo/Limit if they'd take a global release even though it meant they had to adjust their sleeping schedules by a few hours they'd do it in a heartbeat - Same with the Chinese guilds if they manage to get to a similar level. It's a non-issue.

wait she ''die'' at 45% or? i dont understand at all xD

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    wait she ''die'' at 45% or? i dont understand at all xD
    Meaning encounter ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It would be awkward anyway. Either it's early-late morning for Americans and then midday-late night pulls for Euros or early for Euros and late night for Americans.

Basically one of the regions would have to move to night shifts for 7-10 days. That's hard to do and I say that as someone who works night shifts only.
    Echo have said they would happily change raid times for it. They have the time off so they'd just all move over to the US times for a couple of weeks.

Max just said in stream that if they win bc of the 16 hrs, it will start discussion that goes on forever but never mattered..until then/now

People in here acting like millions of people don't work night shifts.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-

If the guilds in this position were to be fair and make it an "even" race there is a solution still.

Echo will not play on Tuesday
    Limit will not play on Tuesday

They both start at the same time on wednesday with reclears and a sylvanas kill after.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Echo will do more splits tomorrow with more p3 optimization and give their best to push her before reset. Let's see if they can do this.
    Max and a couple of the other limit guys just said on stream that they're 95% sure it still dies week 1 with 1-2 days of damage optimization. So that honestly wouldn't surprise me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, missed this WF drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    Max just said in stream that if they win bc of the 16 hrs, it will start discussion that goes on forever but never mattered..until then/now
    I think Blizz still doesn't care.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Echo would have lost in the tier before this one with or without a global release though.
    most likely, but not for sure. limit did play better. but limit having early reset gear pretty much forced echo to skip splits and go directly to mythic. so it is not as simple as saying limit killed boss 24 hour before echo, hence 16h headstart did not matter. it affects echo's decisions.

same thing will happen this reset. limit will either kill in 16 hours, and echo won't even stand a chance. or limit will clear 9/10m and also do some heroic splits; and if boss is still alive at that point, echo wouldn't afford doing heroic splits. so they will be forced to go with lower ilvl. at that point, even if they kill it after 16 hours, it wouldn't be really fair. not even mentioning the psychological state of always being behind.

it is a shitty situation for both guilds
    Last edited by zortport; 2021-07-18 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    If the guilds in this position were to be fair and make it an "even" race there is a solution still.

Echo will not play on Tuesday
    Limit will not play on Tuesday

They both start at the same time on wednesday with reclears and a sylvanas kill after.
    BDGG would love that

world first in completely a community thing. blizz has no intentions of making it fair (you cant anyway unless you fly teams out)