Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Max made the call betting on the chance that Echo would fall short like they had.
    I can guarantee you he wasn’t betting anything. When he called it he knew it was over. They had got to within .2% and Echo before they logged off was within .5%. All of Limit knew when they logged off for the night it was over.
    That had to be the hardest call ever. Knowing that as soon you log off you lose. To their credit they pushed it as hard and as long as they could.

Take away from this isn’t how good Echo and Limit are because everyone knows that. I’m impressed with BBDG/Method and the other guilds that weren’t supposed to be 9/10 at same time as the big guns. More competition the better

*edit* did FSY day raid this tier?
    Last edited by Realtalk; 2021-07-21 at 04:11 AM.

They nailed tuning for week 1 of Mythic in both BoD and Crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    That just goes to show how huge a difference 1 reset worth of gear makes this early on into the patch. Kinda disgusting.
    lol it will be two thousand guilds or so total that clear Mythic Sylvanas with months worth of resets
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    See you next year, nerds.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Echo back to Back?
    Will Limit take the best of three?
    Will the Z Fighters collect the Dragon Balls and wish Goku back to life for the 55th time?
    Will Sylvanas answer for her crimes?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON ELF'S WORLD Z
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

That just goes to show how huge a difference 1 reset worth of gear makes this early on into the patch. Kinda disgusting.
    World first raiders are on a different level than pretty much, any other guild. If we go by English football league comparison Echo and limit are the 2018/19 season Manchester City and Liverpool. Bdgg, method and pieces being mid premier league. Then everyone outside the top say 20 are conference level or below. That's the gulf between those and everyone else.

Having these bosses take any longer for these guys pretty much makes them impossible for anyone else and history has shown wow players as a whole will stop playing that upping their game just a bit because well.

WoW is just a game.

Funny thing is even with a complete reset of gear Limit still had a lower ilvl than Echo on the kill. 241.5 to 240.32. Race came down to a disconnect causing a .2% wipe and the unknown of when she actually died. Both guilds had theory crafted for 50% The planning and group comp strats interest me more than actual race. Only because the players are all fantastic and most of the time the only thing that differentiates the 2 is the planning.

Just watched the Limit kill, looked like a farm boss kill.

It’s an absolute tragedy that Limit couldn’t get it down before reset. Not because they didn’t get WF but more that they lost a kill they’d been working on for days. Not being able to say they killed her when it was much harder for them to do when they were so damn close is just a bummer. Good show from both guilds. Absolute banger RWF.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations to Echo. They absolutely blasted this tier. I'm also happy for WF going to different hands this time, shaking up things can cause innovations and changes. Limit's dominance has been questioned and they know they can't take Echo lightly anymore. I wish there was a third contestant on Echo/Limit level to spice things up further, alas.

Maybe Limit would have killed her if Firedup went Arcane for the P3 big ST burst. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Funny thing is even with a complete reset of gear Limit still had a lower ilvl than Echo on the kill. 241.5 to 240.32. Race came down to a disconnect causing a .2% wipe and the unknown of when she actually died. Both guilds had theory crafted for 50% The planning and group comp strats interest me more than actual race. Only because the players are all fantastic and most of the time the only thing that differentiates the 2 is the planning.
    Not sure why you think this when raider.io clearly shows Limit having a higher ilvl for their kill than Echo, maybe you looked at it early when it was inaccurate? Blaming a disconnect for losing when they had some good attempts around that time isn't going to make them better, so I truly hope they don't look at it that way. Echo pushed constantly for that perfect kill and they got it with zero deaths, that's what was needed for the kill week one and Limit wasn't capable of doing it.

You can only hope that neither of these to guilds throws in the towel. There is no competition apart from them. A three-way race would also make this much more exciting, but probably wont happen... maybe Method somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by killver View Post
    You can only hope that neither of these to guilds throws in the towel. There is no competition apart from them. A three-way race would also make this much more exciting, but probably wont happen... maybe Method somehow.
    the difference in roster and ressources is huge. method did 2 full heroic split with alts of another accounts hiting boss and diying. limit did split for like half a day and echo a full day buying items from viewers, but there is also skill even with similar ilvls method were behind in numbers of pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Speaking of the Moonkins, Max had a comment when they interviewed him after and if I understood him correctly(I wasn’t totally paying attention), he was essentially saying the Moonkins were all playing a class they had minimal experience with and he chalked the mistakes up to them being thrown directly into the fire while still working the kinks out.
    Limit slept on boomies and didn't bring them in until painsmith after they saw echo running 4. This might be a case where echo's players regularly preparing more classes made a difference. Max has spoken about how limit players aren't required to have alts and can focus on just one char.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    If limit didn’t get a DC on the second platform then that .4% would have been nuked
    I hate when people use this logic.. they had 1 pull where their dps was meeting the requirement, but they still wiped at 68% or something, regardless of the DC it was more probable that people died than having a flawless rest of the pull.

If he DCd at 47% and shit hadn't hit the fan you may have an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by killver View Post
    You realize <Pieces> got the world first for the hardest boss in the game right? There is definitely competition outside Echo and Limit. They're just much more efficient at maximizing splits, and gearing out. Without splits I think it would make for a much more interesting race.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Why did the Limit guys call it a day before Echo's kill? They could've gotten the kill had they persisted. It's a world first race and surely they could do without a night's sleep ffs
    Play perfect for 12+ hours and tell me you won't be mentally completely exhausted.

And no, not the way you play in your raid just hitting buttons. Play absolutely perfect to get every last 0.1% of dps out of your character while dodging and soaking everything without fail try after try after try after try.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I love how this has just devolved into a shitflinging contest of USA and EU calling each other names.

....and none of the people doing so had any kind of stake in the race.
    A story as old as wow itself. I would have expected most to have grown up from the childish EU VS US trash talk after so many years and races but seems there is no end in sight.

PSA : EU and US didn't do anything, your country or continent didn't do anything . Its all on a specific small group of people that have the most amazing performance ....sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    A story as old as wow itself. I would have expected most to have grown up from the childish EU VS US trash talk after so many years and races but seems there is no end in sight.

PSA : EU and US didn't do anything, your country or continent didn't do anything . Its all on a specific small group of people that have the most amazing performance ....sometimes.

While Echo got 2 players from the US and Limit had atleast one EU player in the past...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Where do you get your numbers?

242.9 for Limit vs 241.6 for Echo

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    Where do you get your numbers?

242.9 for Limit vs 241.6 for Echo
    Yeah Limit did have a higher item level on the kill (Realtalk is wrong here). Their attempts on Sunday/Monday they had a 239.9/240.0 item level and Max also confirmed they gained exactly 3 item levels on the kill. I believe if they had 241.5, that might've sealed the deal as it was quoted somewhere that 1 item level is 1% of damage on average.

Echo anticipated the right play to make and dedicated an entire day to splits only, this paid off very well for them.