Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We beat WoW. Now its time for them to up thier game. Just a thought.

IN the beginning there was the story of what Sargaras did.. How he effected things.. Then Arthas went and di9d what he did.
    We went on a long storied quest to become strong and beat down the baddies or helped those that did the beating. We have come full circle.

Well now that blizzard figured out how to make an MMO. (debatable I know, but many of us still play so they must be doing something right) How about they make a new one. Create a new game with the newest technology. Make it VR compatible.. could be cool.

Id like to see something way far in the future of WoW. 20000 years later.. Molten Core would be just a few lines in a storybook, Arthas just a myth.

Maybe its time they created something new.

I know it's just my two cents.

A VR MMO is dead on arrival. That's developing for 0.1% of the market, when even normal MMOs struggle to survive.

So what you would like to see is just Warhammer 40k but made by Blizzard.

Do people even buy VR hardware yet?

Ew. If it's VR, I'd be out. Gives me vertigo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
    IN the beginning there was the story of what Sargaras did.. How he effected things.. Then Arthas went and di9d what he did.
    We went on a long storied quest to become strong and beat down the baddies or helped those that did the beating. We have come full circle.

Well now that blizzard figured out how to make an MMO. (debatable I know, but many of us still play so they must be doing something right) How about they make a new one. Create a new game with the newest technology. Make it VR compatible.. could be cool.

Id like to see something way far in the future of WoW. 20000 years later.. Molten Core would be just a few lines in a storybook, Arthas just a myth.

I do not believe there is enough market support for an actual VRMMO. We have VR chat sure but for a game to make something compatible and on level between Keyboard/mouse and VR, is just a niche idea still.

And for now, we have not beaten WoW.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Narrative wise having the player off in the afterlife would be a perfect opportunity for a timeskip, have the player return and suddenly a few centuries have passed. The scars of Cataclysm have eroded and healed, the world is inhabited by the same races and all, but new groups, new factions, new bandits and cults.

VR doesn't look like it's going anywhere fast.

VR is currently crap and a gimmick. Until we all have microchips in our brain that allows us to enter an alternate reality in our minds, VR just doesn't work. Do you really want to have to swing your arms around for 10 minutes on each boss and potentially knock over the expensive vase?

The problem with a new MMO from scratch is it is an insane financial risk. The cost of bringing an MMO to market at a huge scale is in the hundreds of millions of dollars with no guarantee it will catch on. Pretty tough sell to the board when a new WoW expansion costs a fraction as much and is guaranteed to be a financial success. Esp when both would compete for the same audience.

Like I'd love to see a WoW 2.0 but I just don't see it ever happening. At least not anytime soon.
    Last edited by themortalgod; 2021-07-01 at 07:00 PM.

Have you been on the gin all day?

Wow an offhand comment about VR is the only thing everyone gets hung up on? Really?

I was actually thinking about how cool a game they "Might" be able to make with present technology.

I really cant believe how hung up you all are about my offhand comment about VR.

Wow an offhand comment about VR is the only thing everyone gets hung up on? Really?

I was actually thinking about how cool a game they "Might" be able to make with present technology.

I really cant believe how hung up you all are about my offhand comment about VR.
    well with present tech they couldnt make a good vr mmo,i mean its fun sure,but for wow gameplay?no way,maybe as just as an option you can turn on and VR in special places just to socialize etc sure

and to the other point you made about future wow,idk...they kinda wrote themselves in a big corner because of all the universal forces,and azeroth being a titan...

azeroth will always be in cosmical danger until azeroth is born,we dont know how long they plan to have that take,and when she is born,how does it happen?do we blow up?or can life on the planet survive it?

personaly i would like them to do a prequel,old human kingdoms,trols,birth of elves etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    VR is currently crap and a gimmick. Until we all have microchips in our brain that allows us to enter an alternate reality in our minds, VR just doesn't work. Do you really want to have to swing your arms around for 10 minutes on each boss and potentially knock over the expensive vase?
    the implications of real VR are so crazy,it would be amazing if it ever gets done

I think everyone fixated on the VR thing because the rest of your post is just fine, nothing to disagree with, a new MMO with new tech would be kinda cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Narrative wise having the player off in the afterlife would be a perfect opportunity for a timeskip, have the player return and suddenly a few centuries have passed. The scars of Cataclysm have eroded and healed, the world is inhabited by the same races and all, but new groups, new factions, new bandits and cults.
    Except the time skip was just a meme that the players read too much into and the Ion flat out said that time is 1:1 with Azeroth. Only the perception of it (like being in the zone of the moment) when in relation to a soul’s progress of cleansing, regrowth, or tribulations was the off. But not the actual time passed.

In short it was a meme that Bellular basically read too much into and like clockwork the community failed to update their info on what was correct according to blizz.

Inb4 blizz has said one thing and done another retort.

Honestly there is a VR MMO and it sucks. its called Orbus. The graphics are terrible and the game play is overly complicated. I wouldn't want a WoW Vr. maybe a WoW tavern wouldn't be so bad.. but that would just turn into the Chuck Norris fan club with comments about anal thunderfury etc.

A WoW prequal could be cool.

What is the intention of making the story advance that far. What is the overall goal? To unburden us from w/e now? Blizz can just thanos anything perceived as unwanted with literally the next expansion. And even if they did that players would still complain.

And here’s the absolutely funny part about this whole WoW2 nonsense.

Most of the people having the pipedream of it hate WoW now and dislike Blizzard’s direction. And those peoples solution is to let the people they don’t like (Blizzard), handle the creation of a second game with a mmorpg feel? Sounds really silly to me.

I think they should use the Diablo IV graphics, so it wouldn't look like a kids' game anymore:

Just imagine an Orc looking that high-definition. You'd see the sweat, the pores and the scars with so much detail. Something like this:

The only concern would be the facial animations, which are oftentimes lackluster and static in those kinds of graphic fidelity (in-game).

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Except the time skip was just a meme that the players read too much into and the Ion flat out said that time is 1:1 with Azeroth. Only the perception of it (like being in the zone of the moment) when in relation to a soul’s progress of cleansing, regrowth, or tribulations was the off. But not the actual time passed.

In short it was a meme that Bellular basically read too much into and like clockwork the community failed to update their info on what was correct according to blizz.

Inb4 blizz has said one thing and done another retort.
    Oh granted. It would be lame if players would mentally have to reconcile time warp when they can just walk in and out of Oribos to auction some items.

I'm more imagining the player character(s) souls being sacrificed at the conclusion of Shadowlands, and then put to rest, maybe in one of those soul pods in Ardenwaeld for a long time, after which they wake up in a time-skipped Azeroth, a few generations ahead.

The old world remains for players who still have characters levelling in it, after all, that's what Blizzard's Chromie time sorted for them already. And of course they're free to get Chromie to warp them into the new time period at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    And here’s the absolutely funny part about this whole WoW2 nonsense.

Most of the people having the pipedream of it hate WoW now and dislike Blizzard’s direction. And those peoples solution is to let the people they don’t like (Blizzard), handle the creation of a second game with a mmorpg feel? Sounds really silly to me.
    It's the universe itself that has grown into a (quite literal) dead end. A good story has rising stakes. That's why we started with beating up boars in Elwynn Forest. Some expansions neatly managed to reset the low stake starting point, like Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, but most expansions couldn't get around having to launch into high stakes introductions where the stakes had to grow even higher as the story progressed.

What we need now is things to settle down, have a period of peace and quiet, weapons and armour to rust before small tensions and petty warbands start to stir shit up again.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-07-02 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I think they should use the Diablo IV graphics, so it wouldn't look like a kids' game anymore:

Just imagine an Orc looking that high-definition. You'd see the sweat, the pores and the scars with so much detail. Something like this:

The only concern would be the facial animations, which are oftentimes lackluster and static in those kinds of graphic fidelity (in-game).
    They leaned into that for reforged and people bitched about much precious w cartoonz.