Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    If you buy this after 8 months of no content, there might be something genuinely wrong with you.
    I was subbed this whole patch, what would be wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    why put the Imp In A Ball toy only in classic? people who aren't playing Classic aren't suddenly going to give it a go over a toy! why not put it in all versions so everyone can have it, since the card game loot's not in proper circulation any more
    Easier to implement it in TBCC I would imagine, since TCG did exist in TBC, but you can't exactly go buy cards nowadays like you could then.

Meanwhile people who have them in retail are people who already invested in getting one, would probably rub them the wrong way considering the card is $65 alone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    The strange part is, they gave us that imp at the same time the prepatch came out for TBC. Unsure why they're announcing that like it's a sudden/new thing.
    More of just rolling it into the next 6 month bonus I'd imagine because it was limited during the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I guess Mr. Blizzard forgot to go to the Game Developer Supercenter and buy a few hundred thousand new game developers to make WoW betterer and fasterer.
    He could start paying them better instead of below the norm in the industry. Thats a start

Seriously... everyone who is paying Blizzard those 6month subs beforehand just accepts that he will get dogshit in return because they already have your money, why spend it all to make good stuff?

Its not a coincidence that Blizzard started doing this scam in BFA... look at the quality of content/gameplay they delivered for your 6month "pre-order", paying for a box not knowing whats inside.

Want to know what the real problem with Retail WoW is...stupid gd mounts and toys...

every time Blizzards adds a store bought mount / toy...or a 6 month subscription mount / toy we get pages and pages of comments on the forums...267 comments in this thread alone over a stupid mount and stupider toy (only in TBCC - the world's going to end now apparently).

Do we get 267 comments regarding important changes / content / game direction - almost never (with the exception of 1000's of stupid threads about flying).

You know why Retail sucks...it's because Blizzard knows they can produce a crap product and that all the majority of the player base will care about passionately is some stupid gd mount or toy...care enough in fact to often line blizzard's coffer with even more dough by falling for the trap and buying them / renewing sub. It isn't World of Warcraft anymore its World of Mount-craft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No cool or rare items earned "The right way"? There are still plenty of cool or exclusive items earned in the game. Like the death elemental one rewarded from KSM.
    This. One could argue there are actually too many FOMO rewards ingame right now. Thinking that one shop mount every 6 months is the death of WoW is just absurd.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    A motherfucking blue Chocobo.
    Why am I not smart.

I mean it really could be any number of reasons.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

I'm still amazed people defend there being microtransactions (not really that micro either really more like maxtransactions) in a game you have to pay a monthly fee on and have to pay for expansions.

They double dip your wallet....how is that OK? You pay them a monthly fee so they can afford to keep producing the game and you pay them for the expansions , then they use that money to make items to sell to you........why do they not just give them to you for free in game, either as presents in mail or via quests, vendors for certain currencies or drops from mobs or bosses.

No one should have to pay for with real money, assets in game that were made with the money you already paid them each month to make content.

Defend all you want but it won't change the fact that it is crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    They double dip your wallet....how is that OK?
    It is optional. It has also been in the game since the start with Collector's Edition and TCG loot rewards. The ship has long since sailed on micro transactions. There is nothing wrong with them when games offer subscription or box prices. It also over looks how many free to play games offer subscriptions and a larger cash shop. It is hardly crazy. Plenty of stuff works that way where you have to still pay for extras even though you paid once.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

another one of these. this new blizzard really does suck.

I got a question here. I got the 6 month deal last Saturday for the Lucky Yan mount and for the first time cuz money is not a problem atm And when i log in today i got this new Sapphire Skyblazer as a gift. And i just wonder if that is right and normal?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    I got a question here. I got the 6 month deal last Saturday for the Lucky Yan mount and for the first time cuz money is not a problem atm And when i log in today i got this new Sapphire Skyblazer as a gift. And i just wonder if that is right and normal?
    Yes! Players on a 6th month sub also get the sapphire sky blazer. They had a little note about it in the client somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by matchagoblin View Post
    Yes! Players on a 6th month sub also get the sapphire sky blazer. They had a little note about it in the client somewhere.
    That's what I just came here looking for. I bought the 6 month sub like 2 months ago I think and today I opened my Bnet app and see I have a gift pending. I had a small panic attack because I thought it auto-renewed and charged me for it earlier than anticipated lol

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Yes and yes. If you are currently in the middle of a 6 month sub, you get the mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Friendly reminder that there's a weakaura that automatically /spits on people with store mounts, so you don't have to do it yourself!
    At least we know how to identify the childish players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    LOOOOOL they are at it again with their desperate antics.

When you're coming out of the back end of a global pandemic and other companies are giving away products to help keep people occupied, good will gestures and rewards - you can always rely on ActiBlizz to pump out some shitty mount for financial commitment
    Blizzard has been doing this long before the pandemic started, so this argument is already dead.

As many as I have seen with it online, its pretty clear this is a popular thing.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

Who's playing retail? I'm playing TBCC.
    so you won't be able to use this mount anyway? what you try to argue here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    And store mounts, even in wotlk, were an issue for the exact reason he talked about.

The sparkle pony, originally, was a drop off algalon in the ulduar files. Then, they pulled it right before launch and sold it for cash. Completely devaluing that mount which WOULD have been much cooler if it was a rare drop off the hardest boss at the time, rather than just a cheap cosmetic mount for everyone to have.

It’s only gotten worse since then, and the people back in wotlk who called out the sparkle pony were 100% right with hindsight on our side. The game has gotten cheaper, less rewarding, with no cool exclusive or rare items earned the right way… they’d rather sell those mounts for profit to cover for falling sub #

Good for quarterly reports, but short sighted and undercuts the long term health of the game
    Please share your source, because iirc the Celestial Steed was never datamined as Algalon reward. Salty people speculated that it could have dropped from Algalon, because it looks like him, but it's an Invincible reskin which wasn't created until ICC.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    beautiful mount, shit if it were a reward for a grindable achievement I might actually resub and play the game to get it

Unfortunately due to being tied to forces completely outside the game it is completely worthless and might as well not even be in the game at all.

The work put in by the artists is really incredible, yet blizzard finds ways to get as little mileage out of their creations as possible.

Which is kind of ironic because this is also the company that will put the same mount in the game and recolor it as 5 separate rewards.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2021-07-05 at 01:31 PM.

Probably first 6 months mount I'll be getting. It's pretty and I'll be playing BC for it's duration anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstafish2k View Post
    Its not a coincidence that Blizzard started doing this scam in BFA...
    I think you have no idea what scam means.