Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No thanks. Fool me once, and all that.

SL is possibly the worst expansion so far. Nothing outside of raids is the slightest bit enjoyable. I'll be lucky to wring 3 months out of 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    There's always enough room on my therapy couch. Just sit down and fire away, and let me marvel.
    Then 50% of mmo champion would be on your couch haha

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Didn't you know? Only those who like the game are logical and have a life outside gaming. Those who dislike the game either have an irrational hateboner, simply jumped on the hate bandwagon cause they don't have a single original cell in their body, and or spend all their free time and energy hating on the game.

I can't always tell if it is funny or sad.
    This might be because the haters have for a long time shown they do not have even a shred of rationality or understanding and just repeat whatever hateful Streamer #56 said. None of them delivered anything that could be born from critical thinking.
    People have literally written mails to J. Allen Brack saying he should listen to scrubs like Bellular when creating a AAA-Game's content. That is the level the haters are operating on. Engaging such people on a rational, logic-based level is an exercise in futility. Most of them do not even know or understand what they are complaining about, they just complain to complain.

Maybe these people are not speaking for you, but you are in the minority there. And that is indeed sad.

Very elegant looking mount, ground version looks even better. Kudos to graphic designers team.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post

Maybe these people are not speaking for you, but you are in the minority there. And that is indeed sad.
    See that is the tricky part. Cause for shills, everyone who dislikes the game is the hater. In reality there are 5 kinds of players(or ex players)

1. Haters: They are the kind who write hate mail to Brack and/or were totally fine with the game untill 5 minutes ago.

2. People who dislike the game: These are those who have understandable problems with the game that outweigh the good stuff. Or they simply found a game they enjoy more. Case in point, when I left WoW for FFXIV I didn't dislike WoW per se, I just had more fun on the other side. All the really moronic decisions came later, making sure I will stay where I am.

3. Social people: These are the players who are meh about the game, but they have friends here so they hang out.

4. Those who like the game: People to whom this kind of gameplay actually appels. Most of the raiders are here. FFXIV is not for them as it has few raids.

5. Shills: Morons who would eat literal dogshit if it had a Blizzard logo and would sell their mother to buy it. They also love to make blatantly fals claims about the competition that can be proven wrong with a two minute google search.

Either of the two extremes is a huge effin moron.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2021-07-02 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    With mounts as a reward for a sub or with forum bitching incoming? My guess is: with both?
    Yes, both. Also the mount is not a reward for a sub. Its a predatory cashgrab. If they would announce the mount 1 day before the patch goes live then it would be a reward for a sub. But they do it 2 days after the patch so all the players have already subbed again and need to sub another 6 month to get the mount. Thats just milking morons.

This means 9.2 in 6 months. Good to have an update from Blizz ^^
    9.1 hard skip
    9.2 in 2022: wait and see

The mount is great.

LOOOOOL they are at it again with their desperate antics.

When you're coming out of the back end of a global pandemic and other companies are giving away products to help keep people occupied, good will gestures and rewards - you can always rely on ActiBlizz to pump out some shitty mount for financial commitment

What Blizzard needs to do is make the 6 month mount a rental that gives you auction house access as long as you keep renewing. Rage and shill in 3...2...1...

A new mount? Take my money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    How they dare reward their loyal player with a in-game mount that give them no advantage ingame, how outrageous!1!11!!
    It's more the fact that the game is bleeding subs like crazy, and we just had the longest first-patch content drought in the game's history....releasing a new store mount right now is kinda awkward and tonedeaf.

ffxiv gives you a cheaper than 15 monthly sub if you just play one chatacer, and you can play ever class on that one character.

Thankfully I cashed in my tokens for currency, WoW has failed me again and again, and with continually increasing monthly costs and using mobile design practices in an MMO it just isn't worth it anymore. Ashes of Creation I hope you do better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    ffxiv gives you a cheaper than 15 monthly sub if you just play one chatacer, and you can play ever class on that one character.
    Ashes of creation is even cheaper and no box price unlike WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So TBC and Vanilla? Because store mounts have existed since WotLK. And yet we have had more then "different color of something we already have" created for the game. It hasn't hurt the game. Blizzard release only a store mounts a year which is a fraction of mounts each expansion.
    And store mounts, even in wotlk, were an issue for the exact reason he talked about.

The sparkle pony, originally, was a drop off algalon in the ulduar files. Then, they pulled it right before launch and sold it for cash. Completely devaluing that mount which WOULD have been much cooler if it was a rare drop off the hardest boss at the time, rather than just a cheap cosmetic mount for everyone to have.

It’s only gotten worse since then, and the people back in wotlk who called out the sparkle pony were 100% right with hindsight on our side. The game has gotten cheaper, less rewarding, with no cool exclusive or rare items earned the right way… they’d rather sell those mounts for profit to cover for falling sub #

Good for quarterly reports, but short sighted and undercuts the long term health of the game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It’s only gotten worse since then, and the people back in wotlk who called out the sparkle pony were 100% right with hindsight on our side. The game has gotten cheaper, less rewarding, with no cool exclusive or rare items earned the right way… they’d rather sell those mounts for profit to cover for falling sub # Good for quarterly reports, but short sighted and undercuts the long term health of the game
    No cool or rare items earned "The right way"? There are still plenty of cool or exclusive items earned in the game. Like the death elemental one rewarded from KSM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Didn't you know? Only those who like the game are logical and have a life outside gaming. Those who dislike the game either have an irrational hateboner, simply jumped on the hate bandwagon cause they don't have a single original cell in their body, and or spend all their free time and energy hating on the game.

I can't always tell if it is funny or sad.
    Except that ignores the circumstance of this entire debate which is just the promotional mount.

You'll find people are more accepting of criticism when the criticism is about the actual game and not a loyalty reward program that's been ongoing for a while now, which every time people feel the need to scream "SEE WOW'S DYING, THE PROOF IS THIS PROMOTION! Please ignore that this is like the 8th time they've had a promotion like this and it happens every 6 months, it's totally because it's trying to trick people into subbing for droughts!".

There's valid things to criticize, like Blizzard's distain for actively balancing the game during a patch, which just enforces meta classes for the patch because the weak links get no real help until the next patch.
    Or bugs that linger with no real update on whether or not its intended, like the Maelie mount in 9.1 still having no confirmation on the behavior of how it should work (PTR seems to have had it a daily reset, so 6 days to get the mount, but Live no one's had her move past day one).

Just off the top of my head, there's definitely criticism to be had, but the amount of upheaval every time there's a 6 month promotion is just getting old.

15+ Year Old Account
    So seen a few people with this in-game now, unlike yesterday. Still waiting to receive mine, nothing in my battle.net launcher etc.

Oh Blizzard you tease!

why put the Imp In A Ball toy only in classic? people who aren't playing Classic aren't suddenly going to give it a go over a toy! why not put it in all versions so everyone can have it, since the card game loot's not in proper circulation any more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    why put the Imp In A Ball toy only in classic? people who aren't playing Classic aren't suddenly going to give it a go over a toy! why not put it in all versions so everyone can have it, since the card game loot's not in proper circulation any more
    The strange part is, they gave us that imp at the same time the prepatch came out for TBC. Unsure why they're announcing that like it's a sudden/new thing.