Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is literally a ''Woe is me'' post about a fix to the absurd queues backed by people who rerolled alliance to gain a distinct advantage over farming honour. Anyone crying that it is for faction reasons has no ground to stand on because of the simple fact people were waiting hours to get access to the content they are paying to play.

If there is a ''mass exodus'' of Alliance players to Horde then whatever, nothing changes from a gameplay perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    Bye bye world pvp - hordes rule supreme on mosr pcp servers, and with this the faction balance will only get worse. Faster bgs for horde = faster gearing, and with racials favouring the horde aswell youd be a nutter to be alliance and play as an inferior faction. The only thing alliance had was faster bgs, now that is nullified the reason to play alliance is gone. Incomming 90% horde servers and arenas featuring horde vs horde comming to a server near you! GG
    Which means when WotLK classic comes about I guess I need to play Horde...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Blood Elves also completely disprove the racial argument....they had some seriously crap racials in TBC yet still the most popular race. Like the only racial they had in TBC is can be in the horde and a Paladin
    uhm...how does it disprove the racial argument?you could only be a paladin as a blood elf...and ofc it was popular,it was new for horde and needed,specialy in tbc where prot was a gr8 tank,ret got major bufs and raid support,then wrath came and pala was extremly overpowered and the racial got buffed,and then buffed again...and then again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Please no, I never want to raid/dungeon with any horde character in my group. That faction has taken enough from the Alliance without taking its identity too.
    I hope you weren't serious about this lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Alliance players are so sad. This change literally doesn't impact any of you.
    my arena partner started leveling his horde character yesterday and will be quitting alliance due to the change, stop lying thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Uh what? So Alliance players will keep have fast queues and horde players will be able to actually play BG's... How is that bad? I missed something?
    Cry babies wanting "real classic". This is great news, no one likes to wait in BG queues for an hour. If you have a problem, just uninstall already.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Uh what? So Alliance players will keep have fast queues and horde players will be able to actually play BG's... How is that bad? I missed something?
    It's good for Horde because they receive what Alliance have. It's bad for Aliance because they're losing their only advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Cry babies wanting "real classic". This is great news, no one likes to wait in BG queues for an hour. If you have a problem, just uninstall already.
    Horde had instant BG queues on EU in "real classic".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Blizz has treated Alliance like garbage for the better part of a decade but the true irony is that Blizzard's downfall will be the result of their treatment of Alliance. Blizz is in a corner right now with their horde vs horde bgs but it's not gonna save them. Too little too late for a company as despicable as Blizzard.
    You know what's going to save them though? Introducing paid faction change after same-faction BF goes live.

Lost my arena partners, woo. They only came to alliance for the que

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    Probably the bit where your exclusive class was much stronger except for very specific (viscidus) instances where cleansing totems were clutch through entirety of classic.

Where the buffs a pally offered rivaled and outperformed several world buffs.

Oh and then there's the tiny tidbit that alliance racials are already very strong for PvP - but most people parrot whatever TipsOut or some other halfinformed wannabe who's hoping to make a quick buck says over on YouTube, They'll still get Every Man For Himself in WoTLK which is miles ahead of any racial and makes humans the go-to race.
    Lol. Alliance racials are so strong, that's why everybody went horde. Talk about parroting.

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    Lost my arena partners, woo. They only came to alliance for the que
    So the change seems beneficial then. Now everyone can play the for the faction they like.
    A bit anticlimactic to defend a horde base/towers, but IMO this is only a cosmetic inconvenience.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Lol at all the horde.

You have the choice between 2 different factions.

One faction has 3 min bg queues with a 15% win rate when pugging.

The other faction has realm population advantage (more playerbase to group with, actually able to use summoning stones, can get quests done, etc). Better group of pvpers to play with. Better guilds. Better radials. And now way shorter queues than they had, with higher Win rate in pugs, and premades.

Hmm which should I join? Which faction will shift from 60/40 advantage, to 70/30, to 80/20 and so on? Exacerbating every advantage and disadvantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    my arena partner started leveling his horde character yesterday and will be quitting alliance due to the change, stop lying thanks.
    Your arena partner isn't quitting because this has any impact on the alliance at all. Your arena partner is going horde because they can actually play horde battlegrounds now.

If someone likes alliance and wants to be alliance, they will notice literally no change.

10+ Year Old Account
    As big a LOL as you can possibly LOL to the #nochanges movement now, now that Blizzard is trying out new tech and ideas not even in retail yet for the first time in CLASSIC TBC. So much for keeping the original spirit of the original. It's a little late to say this I know but still I find it funny nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Lol at all the horde.

You have the choice between 2 different factions.

One faction has 3 min bg queues with a 15% win rate when pugging.

The other faction has realm population advantage (more playerbase to group with, actually able to use summoning stones, can get quests done, etc). Better group of pvpers to play with. Better guilds. Better radials. And now way shorter queues than they had, with higher Win rate in pugs, and premades.

Hmm which should I join? Which faction will shift from 60/40 advantage, to 70/30, to 80/20 and so on? Exacerbating every advantage and disadvantage?
    This lmao. It's a wonder why they even bothered with factions in the first place considering they have done nothing to try and balance them in both retail and now classic (other than giving Alliance a ret paladin seal lol)

It's going to be even worse when/if they allow race/faction changes in future Classics.

Some people will find a reason to rage over just about anything these days. I pretty much always start on the side of not changing the game. But when I see the change is more or less "half the player base that could hardly pvp can now pvp like the other half" it is hard to get mad at it. I mean.. really.. the only reason people want to stay on a faction is for people being allowed or not allowed to PVP? Right.. that just seems.. dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Some people will find a reason to rage over just about anything these days. I pretty much always start on the side of not changing the game. But when I see the change is more or less "half the player base that could hardly pvp can now pvp like the other half" it is hard to get mad at it. I mean.. really.. the only reason people want to stay on a faction is for people being allowed or not allowed to PVP? Right.. that just seems.. dumb.
    Alliance can pvp? Basically auto losing every bg because the pvp population is mostly on the horde is great. This change only exacerbates the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    It's going to be even worse when/if they allow race/faction changes in future Classics.
    I expect faction change to come to TBCC after this change goes live and/or summer sale ends because this is a cash-grab of a century.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    These kinds of threads are exactly why Blizz just doesn't give a shit anymore, and I don't blame them.

No matter what they do, half the playerbase isn't happy. They will NEVER make everyone happy it's not possible because some people just like complaining and they always will. You wanna know what will kill blizzard? it's not... their treatment of the alliance players, that's so idiotic to say. Blizzard will be the ones to kill blizzard and they started down that path the DAY they started caring about what game the players wanted made instead of making the game they wanted.

Every expansion they try to make the loudest happy and end up making everyone else pissed off. And they just keep going in a circle of trying to make this casual or that casual or this elitist and that hardcore player happy while ruining something someone else liked. This is why I will always love 1 time released games from Playstation/PS2/SNES/early PC games era more than modern games, because those games? the company made a game that they wanted to make and released it, you bought it and you got what you got. But now games are constantly updated and changed and new content that just ruined everything just to appease the whiners.

This is why people wanted Classic wow, to get away from all this shit right here. A game already made that wouldn't be touched anymore by blizzard trying to make everyone happy, but sure enough
    And even then nobody was happy cause it didn't use this patch version for AV, or it wasn't real MC cause it used this patch's talents, yadda yadda yadda.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You're not.

It is actually a reasonable change to keep interest in PvP BGs. They obviously have been looking at the queueing data, and noticed it is very long on imbalanced servers, and thought "Players probably being older now, don't have the time to wait 3-4 hours for a BG", and made this change accordingly.

The only real downside is just screeching, really, and a feeling of personal attack by this evil games company for "making changes to something I like". Look at the responses, and you will see what I mean, really is just out of hand and ridiculous.
    I think this happens to people that somehow invest their self identity into a video game or probably worse a faction in a video game. I understand being competitive but if the path to victory you choose to take is "hopefully the other side can never get in past a que" then I got to call into question the logic in that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    Alliance can pvp? Basically auto losing every bg because the pvp population is mostly on the horde is great. This change only exacerbates the problem.
    Exactly. It may take horde longer to get into bgs, and I'm sure it sucks when they face a premade, but overall honor gain is way closer between the factions. Ally get the fast queues but pugs basically auto lose.

Now horde will get faster queues, and will gain so much more honor than average ally does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    They obviously have been looking at the queueing data, and noticed it is very long on imbalanced servers, and thought "Players probably being older now, don't have the time to wait 3-4 hours for a BG", and made this change accordingly.
    Every server in the same region shares cross realm battle grounds. Imbalanced servers are no different than balanced when it comes to Q times