Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Really? Seems like the loot is generated based on killing raid bosses, m+ dungeon enemies, and other players.
    Actually, I believe the loot is generated upon right-clicking the big vault with a large set of ascending stairs before it.

I don't mind the vault, it's actually the only reason I ended up with weapons this tier. However, I wish they'd just bump the amount of loot each boss drops. That would also lower spam in trade with carriers selling vault carries.

As far as people in here getting mad that someone who did an +10 getting the same loot as someone doing H Sire, who cares, it's still relatively on par. If they start handing out Mythic raid gear for completing regular dungeons, then complain.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

i knew it would be -3 there were people spreading rumours of -5 to keys next reset

Hahahaha. This is basically blizzard telling it's more casual end gamers to go fuck themselves. Everyone else gets +26 to ilvl. Not mythic+. First no loot. Then bad loot. And now this? RIP. Mythic plus.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hahahaha. This is basically blizzard telling it's more casual end gamers to go fuck themselves. Everyone else gets +26 to ilvl. Not mythic+. First no loot. Then bad loot. And now this? RIP. Mythic plus.
    I'm all for dismantling Mythic dungeons. Challenge modes served the purpose of creating difficult content for 5man groups just fine. The only difference between challenge modes and mythic+ is that adding loot and keystone levels fostered a highly toxic and fractured experience. RIP Mythic is a welcome change

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Imagine making an account just to reply to me so you can defend Blizzard. The absolute state.

Anyway, your terrible post doesn't contradict anything I typed.
    The Vault is a much more efficient way of gearing up than any other avenue of the game and certainly compared to BfA's weekly chest, which has catapulted it to be the main gearing avenue for players rather than actual combat-related content, compared to BfA's weekly chest, which was a supplemental avenue for gearing up.

Your are completely incapable of actually understanding my rationale so I will advise you not to further waste your time in replying to me.
    After 4 years of hearing people complaining about the weekly chest having no bad luck protection every week and never once hearing anyone saying it before they added it to the game, you're either in the extreme minority, or you're just complaining because something changed.

Given that I have observed the latter group to exist and not the former, I have to believe it's more likely to be the latter.

Especially since you made an ad hominem attack instead of actually addressing the points brought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    I'm all for dismantling Mythic dungeons. Challenge modes served the purpose of creating difficult content for 5man groups just fine.
    No they didn't. Almost no one did challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I believe the loot is generated upon right-clicking the big vault with a large set of ascending stairs before it.
    that was generated because you killed things..

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    After 4 years of hearing people complaining about the weekly chest having no bad luck protection every week and never once hearing anyone saying it before they added it to the game, you're either in the extreme minority, or you're just complaining because something changed.
    I hope I'm in the minority, that would actually be a good indicator that I can think for myself and not simply join the mindless herd.

The vast majority of the time, the players do not know what is good for them. Every good dev understands this. It is not in the player's hands to make a good game or not, or to point out problems at all, really. They are simply there to scream into the abyss and give the devs the possibility that something that comes out of their mouths might be worthwhile to read. It's like going to Walmart and looking through the big bins of bargain movies. Most of it is trash, but sometimes you'll find a decent flick if you rummage through it long enough.

I understand that nuance is clearly a difficult thing to grasp, and that's okay, but the shifting nature of design consequence in WoW is precipitated by their intent on doing such heavy system design, so things can tend to look 'hypocritical" from your point of view. Did the weekly BfA chest feel bad when you got 3 shitter bracers, 3 weeks in a row? Sure, of course it did. That's bad game design. But The Great Vault can also feel bad when it's causing you to stop experiencing the thrill of getting good loot from actual combat content. That's also bad game design.

It's not always a binary thing, and I understand that's difficult to grasp for binary thinkers. Most of you simply don't understand game design, mostly because game design is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Almost no one did challenge modes.
    Challenge Modes did not allow outgearing the difficulty with ilvl as M+ is basicly allowing it.

CMs were done by people with knowledge about the pulls and boss/trash mechanics and unlike M+ where its allways just about exploiting higher keys with raid/pvp/high ilvl.

The community was and is as shallow as it gets with content that requires "skill". If you cant cheese it with pure advantages in gearing, for some strange reasons its not as liked. Funny, isnt it?

btw. I enjoyed each CM tier and collected multiple medals because first I liked the mode and helping out people with it was no big deal. I use M+ just for gearing, since its the easiest path for gearing, since most people use it also for that.

The whole pushing/scorebullshit/exploiting with class imbalance is much less of an issue as in pvp or raiding, even if people complain a lot about R.IO, M+ is still just used for farming gear.

Not just talk, but played the content:
    =>
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Can you though? I thought they have them scaling with item level.
    I can't comment on that fact, but it would be extremely underwhelming, kind of beating the purpose of "gearing".

Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    I can't comment on that fact, but it would be extremely underwhelming, kind of beating the purpose of "gearing".
    I remember it was confirmed by multiple sources a long time ago and was wondering if they're still doing it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really now. I guess we'll have to wait two weeks for World First Race to start. We shall see live if raiders actually get loot from their kills. I could have sworn they also did dozens of Heroic splits, but maybe there's no actual gear in there and it's all just for fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    252! My goodness I'm going to be so powerful! Hey, what dungeon do I need to finish to get 15 next season, which is probably this Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Challenge Modes did not allow outgearing the difficulty with ilvl as M+ is basicly allowing it.
    So you didn't get as many sockets as possible on your CM set even if the items themselves where not good enough for raiding?

On topic: I like the concept of the vault but the ilvl difference between drops in dungeons and vault is too big. After a couple weeks even heroic raiders don't give a fuck about dungeon drops outside of maybe weapon or trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you didn't get as many sockets as possible on your CM set even if the items themselves where not good enough for raiding?
    How much sockets - btw. WITH MAINSTAT ONLY - really did is something you can experience every timewalking.
    Tiersets or extrem secondary stats that simply broke spec balance are the issue. Using some blue-socket items because the only alternative you got are some first raid tier random stat epics is hardly "outgearing" CM's.

You might not have experienced or not know this, but first CMs were carried by TANK vengeance stacking and keeping it between chain pulls and some creative pull/boss strategies.

But just test it in TW, same restrictions. The most broken things in TW were the ussage of not-downscaled tier sets and some items/trinkets with again no downscaling. Things you had no access to while CMs were a thing.
    -

Remember when they removed the PVP vendor for 2 expansions because it was too confusing.