Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    More reliable and consistent patches.

Less waiting for an expansion to fix obvious class design issues.

Less over-explaining the machinations of the universe of Warcraft.

Less pretend choices that just make me feel like I'm always playing 60% of a class.

Less focus on esports shit, and more focus on making raids and dungeons actually fun.

Less major lore figures going on adventures while I awkwardly stand next to them.

Less gating content behind long, drawn out, narrative-heavy lore for alts.

And last but not least, I swear to fucking god if they reintroduce a major and well-loved villain like Kel'thuzad after a decade only to have him unceremoniously die permanently as a shitty mid-level raid boss, I'm going to be both astonished and amazed at how fucking bad these writers are.

Warcraft as a setting is just kinda dead to me now, used to be my nr 1 favourite one and was the reason i started playing wow all the way back in 2004, not because class design or whatever.

So.. a reboot I guess.

Give Heroic Strike/Focused Rage back

Unfuck Revenge

Get rid of the whole overly dramatic character-focused writing and return to writing a compelling world, not teenage drama

Kill Sylvanas permanently

Get rid of the threadmill grind systems introduced in Legion

Wow is wow. I dont think it needs to change all that much to be honest. I'll always come back to play the content. Right now, the big barrier is, well, logic?

I dont do the three pillars content, and i know the content outside of this is heavily timegated. On top of this, they are really predictable now with catch up on their systems (they kind of have to be if they want players to return to be honest). So logically, if i sub now, im timegated and im working twice as hard for the rewards. If i wait a few months, everything is open, the catch up is in full swing, and i can play the game at my own pace. If i want to play for 20 minutes, i can. If i want to play for 10 hours, i can. This also opens up other parts of the game (alt leveling and transmog farming) that act as sort of filler content. Once it all happens, the game just feels like the wow i love.

So yeah, no real changes. But if we're talking a wish list???

1. Player housing and crafting heavily tied into it (and id love if they sprinkled the crafting recipes throughout the entirity of the game with random drops).
    2. More cute meta grinds like allied races (huge account wide rewards). Either Tali's skins idea or just extra customisation options for the barber shop (a la the night warrior thing they did in bfa).
    3. I dont want to make anyone mad, its just my personal wish list, but id love lowbie mythic dungeons on LFD.
    4. A new massive pvp zone like av, wintergrasp, ashran etc.
    5. The sooner legion mythic raids are soloable, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's an interesting but ultimately useless thought experiment because Blizzard have proven themselves to be unwilling or unable to move away even one inch from their current design philosophies. So I'm not holding my breath.
    It would require sale of the Warcraft franchise and IP to another company.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Stop time gating everything, If I want to go nuts and do everything day 1 let me. I have a life outside of the game. Having to wait each week for stuff to unlock instead of getting to do stuff during free time makes everything feel like a chore.

Return badges to dungeons. Idk why they don't do this. Hoping for a certain slot to drop is a pain. Getting 400000 belts when you need shoes is horrible.

Fix Legion raid scaling, running older content for tmogs is one of the few things people can do solo to have fun and kill time and they ruined this. I was SO excited to solo Legion raids and they just killed my excitement.

Fix PVP gear scaling, it takes SO MANY games to catch up gear wise, and the gear gives such a huge advantage you are basically useless for your team and that is not fun. Nonrated pvp should fix your ilvl at a certain ilvl. Keep gear meaningful in rated pvp. That way I don't have to grind for days just to play an alt in pvp to change up the pace.

A skip for the Shadowlands intro.

Fix the stupid stupid stupid scaling of world quests and bonus objectives in Shadowlands. WHY DOES EVERYTHING GIVE 1% IT IS SO ANNOYING!!! I shouldn't have to spend 20mins clicking pieces of ham for 1% each. Or killing an elite for 1% whoever changed this from what it used to be in Legion needs to be fired.

Follow-through with the promise of character customization, they REALLY hyped this up and didn't even half deliver. I mean they gave void elfs new skins, but couldn't be botherd to give light-forged the new tail lengths, or High mountain the new hairstyles. Like why? They are literally the same model. What went form "Look forward to more updates" to "j/k we don't care" really left a bad taste. Especially since creating hairstyles is one of the most impactful simple things the art team can do to help build an immersive world.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    100% true and nothing less than fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands was continuously billed as a "alt friendly" and even if I grade that point with an immense curve, there is no f'ing way Shadowlands is alt friendly.
    You can honestly make a legit argument that classic is more alt friendly than SL.

SL may be the least alt friendly expac ever.

Its so odd why it isnt. It has literally everything going for it on paper.
    -super easy catch up gear/system to get you into the core end game experience.
    -4 unique storylines
    -Multiple specs and things to pick up in torghast to switch up your playstyle.

It baffles me why i dont want to play an alt so far. Perhaps it'll coalesce later in the expansion?

maybe classic wotlk for a few months

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    1. Player housing and crafting heavily tied into it (and id love if they sprinkled the crafting recipes throughout the entirity of the game with random drops).
    We had that in WoD. People hated it. Order Halls were far more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    for all these years game Lore kept me playing and I was returning to game from time to time. mostly during new patches. each cancel was longer than previous.
    my life. family. work and so on

I cancelled game at start of this year and probably would never come back until my wife died due Covid
    I was angry and decided to do some stupid stuff

like subscribing 6 months of wow
    All WoW talk aside, sorry for your loss my dude

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Just a general curiosity of what would have to change to make you resubscribe to WoW
    - Community would have to drop the optimal or bust attitude.
    - Restore the RPG mechanics and systems to the game that have been pruned over the years.
    - Remove the twitch-based mechanics that seem to be the norm now.
    - Old school skill trees brought back
    - Remove my fiscal responsibilities so I have the time to invest

Their customer service would have to improve. A lot. I also get the feeling some portion of their game development staff forgets they're supposed to be working on making a game which is fun to play and instead see themselves as the gaming world's version of Rembrandt. Ditching that attitude would be nice too.
    Last edited by WinningOne; 2021-07-03 at 11:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    MoP style class gameplay with the collectible systems of Legion: Artifact/weapon skins, class mounts, individual class/spec quests, secrets, treasures NOT shown on the goddamn map or at least an option to turn that off. I want my exploring to be rewarded, not handed to me on a silver platter because the majority of players just downloads HandyNotes.
    And tier class based tier sets.
    And a world made for flying instead of being treated like only a form of convenience when the content has been played to death.

And less goddamn GREY and BROWN!

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You can honestly make a legit argument that classic is more alt friendly than SL.

SL may be the least alt friendly expac ever.
    I found it just sucked so much it wasn't friendly to alts or mains.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    We had that in WoD. People hated it. Order Halls were far more popular.
    Garrisons werent player housing at all. The point of housing is to decorate it yourself, collect rewards in game (not just a trophy), craft stuff up, make it a reflection of you and your time in game.

Garrisons was an expansion feature with very limited customisation (particularly aesthetic), located in one place in the game. It was just a place to avoid everyone else in game and teleport to your instanced content. Thats not really what housing is about. Housing is about avatar permanence and hopefully evergreen content. Think of it more like transmogging. Its a place for creative expression. Not power.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPerson View Post
    - Community would have to drop the optimal or bust attitude.
    That attitude is a consequence of the inclusion of challenging content as the "real" end game. So to get that result, the game would have to go very casual, and only casual.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas gone, new Story writers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    [SNIP]

Follow-through with the promise of character customization, they REALLY hyped this up and didn't even half deliver. I mean they gave void elfs new skins, but couldn't be botherd to give light-forged the new tail lengths, or High mountain the new hairstyles. Like why? They are literally the same model. What went form "Look forward to more updates" to "j/k we don't care" really left a bad taste. Especially since creating hairstyles is one of the most impactful simple things the art team can do to help build an immersive world.
    Have to agree on this. I want to play my Highmountain shaman but she is now an inferior version of my other regular Tauren characters because of the lack or customisation. What gives? Should have been easy to make them have them too. Just don't get it, especially since Void Elves got the skin tones from Belves with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    It was just a place to avoid everyone else in game and teleport to your instanced content.
    Agreed, that's what made them so terrible. At least Order Halls had some sense of companionship with the rest of your class, even though that was entirely superficial and never really turned into more than that. Room for improvement I'd say.

I don't see how you're planning to make non-instanced player houses work though. Too many players, too little real estate.