Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Your logic was "ghost crawler spoke about the website" - my response is that he left the company close to a decade ago (iirc) and the times you are referencing could easily have been much earlier than that. When he spoke about this website, it was huge, very popular, and one of the main websites the community came to - this is absolutely NOT the case now - it is an extremely tiny group of people, and the decline of the site has been mentioned by many, and can be seen by any website that tracks views. There are casual privately run discords with a far more involved and influential user-base than this site.

Your thottbot comparison is far more accurate than you know, and the fact that is the website you choose to compare mmo-c to is surprisingly accurate and self aware.
    I also literally linked a Blizzard employee who was here 2 years ago. MMOC even had interviews in the past with developers, like the last time there was actually a BlizzCon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...oper-Interview
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, or why you're trying to act like I didn't know exactly what I was saying.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I'm talking about IT. Which part of IT cannot be done remotely unless your employer still lives in the 20th century?
    I came across this article on the interwebz, and while it discusses D4 development instead of WoW's, I can't help but to think that it's an overly complicated way of doing things, especially when it comes to coding. Given that WoW's code is likely to be considerably older than D4's (at least at some layers), I can see it being one of the reasons that could contribute to WoW's glacial tempo when it comes to spitting new content out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I also literally linked a Blizzard employee who was here 2 years ago. MMOC even had interviews in the past with developers, like the last time there was actually a BlizzCon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...oper-Interview
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, or why you're trying to act like I didn't know exactly what I was saying.
    Wow, and interview at Blizzcon - just like any 3rd rate youtuber or streamer!!! You havnt once addressed the dramatic decline though? You keep just skirting around that, why? Do you deny that there has been a dramatic decline, even as recently as the last 6 months?

On topic, im very pleased that people are enjoying the patch, and that they are putting something positive forward. Its far too easy to be bogged down by the overwhelming negativity around here, so props to OP. Personally, there is nothing in 9.1 that interests me in the slightest - to me its just another small slice of the same pizza that is SL, just with a sprinkling of different toppings.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-04 at 03:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Wow, and interview at Blizzcon - just like any 3rd rate youtuber or streamer!!! You havnt once addressed the dramatic decline though? You keep just skirting around that, why? Do you deny that there has been a dramatic decline, even as recently as the last 6 months?
    Did it ever occur to you once that maybe I have no interest in you springing a conversation on me like I was discussing it? You're acting like it was some big discussion everyone was having and that I was engaging in.

Like, is this how celebrities feel with the paparazzi?

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    People who like the patch also have low expectations in life and are easily satisfied because they are afraid to stand up against something.

Poor humanity.
    Lets talk about expectations.
    I will not mention continuation of storylines and new dailies/wqs, since its mandatory. I also will not mention new collectibles like pets/transmog/etc, since pet battles and such is the side content, mostly for collections lovers.

9.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)
    - New megadungeon (8 bosses)
    - New zone
    - New map events (invasions)
    (I will not mention torghast rework since its pretty the same, just with small additions here and there).

8.1:
    - New raid (9 bosses)
    - New mini-raid (2 bosses)
    - New warfront/island expeditions
    - New map events (assaults)

7.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)
    - New mini-raid (3 bosses)
    - Karazhan rework (lets count it as new)

6.1:
    - Twitter support (meh)

5.1:
    - Brawler guild
    - New scenarios

4.1:
    - Rework of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub

3.1:
    - New Raid (13+1 bosses)
    - New daily hub (Tournament)
    (Although Ulduar was great, Tournament dailies was a sh*ttiest dailies in WoW hsitory)

2.1:
    - New raid
    - New arena

As far as I can see, 9.1 bring pretty the same or more content than previous X.1 patches. So what expectations do we need to have here? 20 new raid bosses? Two new zones? 2 or more new dungeons? Its pretty the same as two prev X.1 patches. If you expect more than this - its your problem, dude.

Did it ever occur to you once that maybe I have no interest in you springing a conversation on me like I was discussing it? You're acting like it was some big discussion everyone was having and that I was engaging in.

Now you are comparing yourself to a "Celebrity" because you are a mod on mmo-c forums? Holy shit dude...........You really should try and stay on topic, as a mod, you should know this. Springing a conversation on you? you STARTED the conversation, when someone correctly pointed out that there are countless ways to better engage with Blizzard, such as the official forums, twitter, etc etc, and YOU jumped in to imply this is not true. You started the conversation, not me. Ill take your refusal to address the decline as an admittance its true - not like you can really deny something that can be easily googled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    I will not mention continuation of storylines and new dailies/wqs, since its mandatory. I also will not mention new collectibles like pets/transmog/etc, since pet battles and such is the side content, mostly for collections lovers.

9.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)
    - New zone
    (I will not mention torghast rework since its pretty the same, just with small additions here and there).

8.1:
    - New raid (9 bosses)

7.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)

6.1:
    - Twitter support (meh)

5.1:
    - Brawler guild
    - New scenarios

4.1:

3.1:
    - New Raid (13+1 bosses)
    (Although Ulduar was great, Tournament dailies was a sh*ttiest dailies in WoW hsitory)

2.1:
    - New raid
    - New arena

As far as I can see, 9.1 bring pretty the same or more content than previous X.1 patches. So what expectations do we need to have here? 20 new raid bosses? Two new zones? 2 or more new dungeons? Its pretty the same as two prev X.1 patches. If you expect more than this - its your problem, dude.
    Im always surprised when people start claiming that Patch X.X brings less / more than previous patches, as you have attempted above its not THAT hard to go back through the previous patches and compare. More importantly though, i just think its a TERRIBLE measure of a patch - I would much prefer to compare QUALITY, and whether the content is actually enjoyable. Now obviously enjoyment is subjective, but if people openly speak, without an agenda, and just say "hey i dont really like X but i do enjoy Y", then we start to get an overview of what people do / dont enjoy.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-04 at 04:02 AM.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Do you honestly believe no one at Blizzard is aware of the biggest fan site for their game?
    They are aware, they just dont care cuz who would listen to sperg lvl opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    They are aware, they just dont care cuz who would listen to sperg lvl opinions.
    Not sure i agree with the wording, but i do think a low tier fansite for a game like wow,when compared to other FAR better communication channels with the devs, including THEIR OWN FORUM, twitter, email, surveys, etc which would be viewed as FAR more valuable to Blizzard than a place like this. Maybe 10+ years ago when this was a top site, with an open and well regulated forum, with varied opinions and a wide array of users, but unpopular opinions are shut down VERY quickly here these days, either by the community, or by....other individuals.

Now you are comparing yourself to a "Celebrity" because you are a mod on mmo-c forums? Holy shit dude...........You really should try and stay on topic, as a mod, you should know this. Springing a conversation on you? you STARTED the conversation, when someone correctly pointed out that there are countless ways to better engage with Blizzard, such as the official forums, twitter, etc etc, and YOU jumped in to imply this is not true. You started the conversation, not me. Ill take your refusal to address the decline as an admittance its true - not like you can really deny something that can be easily googled.
    My guy, you're the one that brought up the current popularity of the website. Now you're the one assuming more, this has nothing to do with my "mod status".

The current popularity does not matter one iota. That's the point. It had nothing to do with the conversation. And I don't care one bit for it, hence why I wasn't addressing it when responding it. But then you're the one insisting "ADDRESS IT ADDRESS IT ADMIT THE SITE ISN'T AS POPULAR" and it's like, who cares?
    WoW isn't as popular as it once was, why does it matter?

Considering Ghostcrawler himself mentioned the site a few times while he was still with Blizzard, you'd be off the mark on this one.
    A decade ago? MMOC is hardly relevant now. People are just in a circle jerk of Blizzard is bad. Anyone who says otherwise is bad. There's no actual discussion and anyone that doesn't tow the line gets banned. The mods are vindictive and if you say something they disagree with the slap an infraction on you. No wonder this site is bleeding users. Reddit is the unofficial home of all things WoW now.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, people still remember website names like thottbot. Not sure why you'd think it would just be forgotten.
    And what happened to thottbot? It got passed around by owners until it died.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG.

OMFuckingG.

I'm not going crazy. Did some random moderator compare themselves with being a celebrity being hounded by the paparazzi? Who do you picture yourself more like? Princess Di or Michael Jackson?

Someone tell me I read what I read.

- - - Updated - - -

My guy, you're the one that brought up the current popularity of the website. Now you're the one assuming more, this has nothing to do with my "mod status".

The current popularity does not matter one iota. That's the point. It had nothing to do with the conversation. And I don't care one bit for it, hence why I wasn't addressing it when responding it. But then you're the one insisting "ADDRESS IT ADDRESS IT ADMIT THE SITE ISN'T AS POPULAR" and it's like, who cares?
    WoW isn't as popular as it once was, why does it matter?
    It matters because your assertion is that mmoc is relevant place for developers to be getting feedback. The evidence says otherwise. MMOC is in decline and isn't relevant anymore. Your comparison to thottbot is apt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Your comparison to thottbot is apt.
    So you admit I had a right comparison.

And instead of just going "Hey, yeah people remember sites *regardless of relevancy or popularity in the current age*", you BOTH DECIDED to go on GIANT WALLS of text about...what?

That's what I mean. You're both hounding posts about...absolutely nothing.

I made a correct comparison and for some reason you're both going on and on about it.

That's the entire issue here that I'm having with this, and I don't get how that's being missed. I literally cannot make this more clear. At the end of the day, of course Blizzard knows of the existence of MMOC. Like, why would they forget a site they've teamed up with in the past for giveaways, interviews, beta keys, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It matters because your assertion is that mmoc is relevant place for developers to be getting feedback.
    Source on that then. I never said anything about developers getting feedback. I pointed out to someone that they'd be wrong for thinking Blizzard doesn't know of MMOC. That's all.

Also it's a bit ironic to react that way to an obviously tongue in cheek rebuttal.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-07-04 at 05:37 AM.

9.1 is a very great patch
    Said none ever

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Battle for Azeroth. Warlords of Draenor. Cataclysm.

All bad. No Pandemic excuse. The Pandemic is just an excuse to fall back on.
    and literaly nobody ever said game can be bad bcs of pandemic, people say pandemic is reason for TIME DELAY of content not its quality (which btw is middle of the pack objectively)...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Game development is probably the best profession if you are forced into home office. The problem might be that Blizzard pays its employees so little money that they have to live in cars. Might be hard to get your homeoffice started in a backseat. Also there was no pandemic in WoD or BFA.
    1. working at company thats mostly (90%) working on software and software solutions, pandemic delayed as MASSIVELY, and thats despite most people already having home office set up before it
    2. there was no pandemic in wod and bfa, true, and there was also no time delay... nobody use pandemic as excuse for QUALITY of content (which is average, "not great not horrible", same as in bfa) but for TIME DELAY, which is fair point that anyone who ever done any planning for work projects including more people than himself would know

9.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)
    - New zone

8.1:
    - New raid (9 bosses)

7.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)

6.1:
    - Twitter support (meh)

5.1:
    - Brawler guild
    - New scenarios

4.1:

3.1:
    - New Raid (13+1 bosses)

2.1:
    - New raid
    - New arena

Im guessing peeps expectations were higher considering this is a 219 day patch vs 119 an 55 in between launch and .1..

9.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)
    - New zone

8.1:
    - New raid (9 bosses)

7.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)

6.1:
    - Twitter support (meh)

5.1:
    - Brawler guild
    - New scenarios

4.1:

3.1:
    - New Raid (13+1 bosses)

2.1:
    - New raid
    - New arena

Man when you put it like that, it is hard to argue with those that say 9.1 has no content, 7 months for that??? /s

One of the most content rich 9.1 patches, with a new zone I enjoy, that doesn't require my 24/7 game play is nice. As long as the new raid is good will be a solid patch for me. Though I do hope they give pet battles some love soon (come on pet battle phone app!).

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Im guessing peeps expectations were higher considering this is a 219 day patch vs 119 an 55 in between launch and .1..
    Good thing there wasnt a legitimate reason for the delay (and yes, other video games were delayed INCLUDING FFXIV that is all the rage, it is several months delayed and had several pieces of dropped content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its first content patch, not 55, 119 or 219 days patch. Its hardly to expect something other than raid + some dungeons + some more content from a mere content patch (its not a new xpac). Literally the same content with almost every content patch in wow (not just X.1 content patch). If you expect to see more than 10 radi bosses or so - its your prob. If you expect to see more than 8 dungeon bosses - its your prob. I believe content of this patch was set several monthts ago, so its hardly to expect more than already announced.

Also for me its irrevelant if it was 100 days or 200 days patch. I finished content of previous patch, leave wow for other games/entertainments, come back for 9.1. Same as I did for almost every content patch in wow history. I don't have wow as single game and do not count days and hours between releases.

Warcraft's main problem is that it doesn't meet 2021 standards, it was cool in 2013-2018, but not in 2021.

1. cinematics
    -360p teeth
    -no shadows
    -different polygonality of parts

2. in-game cinematic
    -1998 graphics
    -toad mouths (no sync)
    -ugly models

3. lore

enough
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2021-07-04 at 06:47 AM.

9.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)
    - New zone

8.1:
    - New raid (9 bosses)

7.1:
    - New raid (10 bosses)

6.1:
    - Twitter support (meh)

5.1:
    - Brawler guild
    - New scenarios

4.1:

3.1:
    - New Raid (13+1 bosses)

2.1:
    - New raid
    - New arena

You can't really go by that. MoP had 2 content patches in the same time frame for example. Shadowlands has had 1.

September 25, 2012 - Mists of Pandaria expansion released in North America and Europe.

November 27 - Patch 5.1.0

New world PvP conflict and factions
    Brawler's Guild
    Item Level Upgrades
    Battle pet upgrade system
    New Scenarios:
    A Little Patience
    Assault on Zan'vess
    Dagger in the Dark
    Domination Point
    Lion's Landing

March 5 - Patch 5.2.0

New Daily Quest Hub: The Isle of Thunder
    New Raid: Throne of Thunder
    Legendary Quest continues
    New World Bosses:
    Boss Nalak, the Storm Lord
    Boss Oondasta
    New World Boss System
    New scenarios
    Sunsong Ranch farming improvements

That's also with 57 days to spare.

MoP = 161 days for 2 patches since launch
    Shadowlands = 218 days for 1st patch since launch

Also MoP's 3rd patch launched 20 days later than the 1st patch for Shadowlands at 238 days.

May 21 - Patch 5.3.0

New Battleground: Deepwind Gorge
    New Arena: The Tiger's Peak
    New Scenarios:
    Battle on the High Seas
    Blood in the Snow
    Dark Heart of Pandaria
    The Secrets of Ragefire
    Heroic Scenarios
    Quest Campaign: Escalation
    XP needed for level 85 - 90 reduced by 33%.

1 patch in 218 days or 3 in 238 days .... Hmm.. thinking...
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-04 at 07:17 AM.

It is a great patch. But the 7+ months between SL launch and the first content patch are too big of a gap to fill.

Everyone involved was able to predict that 9.1 won't be able to make up for the content drought, despite it being the biggest first major patch. People don't judge its merits on their own, it's tainted by the downtime.

That is something the Blizzard management could predict and control, apparently they consider it acceptable as their quarterly stats were boosted by the TBC launch last quarter and this one they are getting a pump from 9.1. it's obvious they had a small team working on this and it's normal they would take that long also considering the home office situations.

So much about the "release cadence players have come to expect", I'm afraid 6+ months might be the new norm, with vanilla carrots thrown in between. I don't see 9.2 arriving this year.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2021-07-04 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Clearly you are simply living in the stone ages of IT. Don't you know you are just supposed to wave your magic IT wand and push the linux bootstrap remotely through the firewall and fix stuff? Probably don't even know what the internet is or anything...

But yes, IT can mean a whole lot of things. And even within game development access to custom hardware could change a lot. And of course the big variable, whether where you live is conducive to working from home at all, which California is certainly not well known for being.
    Man.. I better ask my boss for one of those magic IT wands..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..