Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm guessing by the end of the Aunt Sylvie fight we see the blue man about to kill the arbiter, but then one of his soldiers goes like "but there's no honor in this" and kills the blue man instead. Saurfang saves the day while Aunt Sylvie smokes up and is now the main antagonist in the last raid. Last raid also gets a fully rendered cinematic where Sylvie gets to monologue about life and maybe read a poem or two.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Are you implying the sigils are just empty MacGuffins? Listen here, you presumptuous misogynist pigburglar; Sylvanas fucking Windrunner is the most based and feminist (as portrayed by being a passive lackey whose development has been wholly influenced by two male influences) character in World of Warcraft(tm) Shadowlands(tm) and you ought to learn how to accept this.
    There's something to be said about how after wresting Sylvanas away from Afrasiabi writing her as if Dick Dastardly had a sex change operation and took a suppository of stupid pills Danuser took the route he did. He remembered to give her some kind of personality but went even further than Afrasiabi in making her a raging moron. The entire expansion and retroactively the last one as well is premised on her trusting the most transparently evil man out there who we're told is actually the reason for everything she did the last 10+ years. A man I have to add, who didn't exist until about a year ago.

It'd almost be bearable if he was portrayed as some kind of Denathrius-style suave and entertaining villain who doesn't have much depth but can at least be carried by style, but instead the only expansion villain who's arguably worse is Cata-era Deathwing. For the same reasons incidentally - we're told they're some kind of god level intellect controlling various scheming baddies but all we see of them is give bland threats. Deathwing though is a fire-breathing metal dragon with the benefit of previously existing in the franchise so you could see that he was indeed manipulative before he became a mental patient who didn't even attempt to achieve his goal of destroying the world despite apparently being able to do it for the entire course of Cataclysm. The Jailer on the other hand couples a bland visual design with no backstory. His only advantage is that while everything we're told about his machinations are either contrivances or based on random chance he at least has a reason to be limited in what he can do.

I’d say the nature of Zovaal as a qualified tormentor would make him an excellent venue to allow for a more personal kind of villainy. A lot of times, the aforementioned villains tend to be as overbearing and widespread as the villains we got—it would be interesting to see a villain who will sometimes delay himself to indulge his cruelties or in the interest of some moral system. Either would be useful imo
    I've brought this angle up before and it remains the only possible avenue. Undeserved and hamhanded moral hesitation at the last moment is what made Kil'jaeden, one of the franchise's longest lasting and popular villains go down like a lead balloon in his final cutscene and now nobody cares about him. Operatic villainy on the other hand, especially of the personal kind done purely out of spite is what can still be done by the Blue Man, done quickly and set up why he's to be shut down in a way having him move from chasing one set of plot devices to another never will.

Have him retake his seat at Oribos, whatever minions he has left looking up to him expecting him to finally unveil his cosmic goals, only for him to use his powers to inflict petty payback on his family and everyone else. There's allusions to this characterization in the Fairy Tales book and in how he chooses not to kill the Primus or Kyrestia purely so they can see him win so he can rub it in their face. It's why I like the idea someone else suggested of him having turned Nathanos into the gem for Kingsmourne. Building up Sylvanas as being his confidante, then having her reenact her own traumatic raising on someone else while unknowingly using her lover's soul as the fuel to do so only to, after she's crossed that line in her own mind, have her creation finish her off with it while rubbing it in would be the kind of unnecessary, elaborate cruelty that can sell this kind of villain.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-07-05 at 07:15 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    my opinion

-The tomb opens (like argus)
    -Jailer evil speech
    -Sylvanas sad face (turn into smoke and run away)
    -Sanctuary of the Arbiter destroyed
    -Jaina teleports us to korthia (like Khadgar in 7.2)

as a result we have

-new location is open and no one cares about it
    -typical villain "this place will be your tomb"
    -no answers for sylvanas
    Looks accurate to me.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Blue Man collects the fifth plot device and assumes his true form which doesn't give him any more personality but does give him a better visual design. He also takes over some part of Oribos that won't necessitate Blizzard move us to a much better capital city despite how Tazavesh is already kitted out to serve that purpose. He kicks Sylvanas down a hole while she's mid-quip and in the follow-up Chapter of the patch campaigns we pick her up for the inevitable redemption/team-up in the 9.2 wrap-up of this expansion.
    Well.....

TIN FOIL HAT TIME.

ok so.

Jailer is titan plus plus right. and hes collecting things, to....errr....set things in balance? bring it back as it is supposed to be?

Thanos.

Hunting for stones/sigils. Wants to create balance or restore it. AND GUESS FREAKING What. Dudes from TITAN.

yea yea i know mind blown.

but check this out for size.

as thanos gets more stones he removes his armor. As a rite of passage? or he doesnt need it?

so i guess every patch release the jailer starts showing more and more skin?

i dont know what i want to conclude form all of this, besides the jailer getting steadily more naked as the story goes on. BUT, hows that line go? oh yea

"Hear me and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the great Zoval. You may think this is suffering (because what joy is in this curse), no. It is salvation. The universal scale tips towards balance because, (nothing lasts). For even in death, (you have become slaves to this torment)" - Sylvanas Windrunner

Curiously again, that quote is from ebony "Maw".

Tin foil hat explodes.

dont worry. all that text above contains no useful information.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

*stupidity

Ironically, a word applicable otherwise. You seem to hold a lot of hatred toward this person for being a bad writer and bungling a story which was already pretty bad. If you act this melodramatic and obnoxious in real life, I recommend therapy.
    Thanks man. I recommend to get lost

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Thanks man. I recommend to get lost
    You seem like a lovely person to be acquainted with. I don't usually see people have such hate for people they don't even know. It's pretty weird.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You seem like a lovely person to be acquainted with. I don't usually see people have such hate for people they don't even know. It's pretty weird.
    I see you probably don't meet that many people? At leat that's what I guess. This is such a normal behaviour.
    What do you mean "don't know" ? Like I know that Afrasiabi is responsible for BfA that's all I need to hate someone. I dont care what kind of a human he is or he is not.
    That guy literally took an expansion that was a thing before, rewrote it and threw it at us.

I see you probably don't meet that many people? At leat that's what I guess. This is such a normal behaviour.
    What do you mean "don't know" ? Like I know that Afrasiabi is responsible for BfA that's all I need to hate someone. I dont care what kind of a human he is or he is not.
    That guy literally took an expansion that was a thing before, rewrote it and threw it at us.
    First world problems are always the greatest of them, right?

First world problems are always the greatest of them, right?
    Yes, they are a thing. I mean this is very off topic but dude... Do you really now want to bring this shit in here? Really dude? Let's talk about third world problems and how much better we have it and how bad humans we are because of our first world problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, champ.
    Hi

Yes, they are a thing. I mean this is very off topic but dude... Do you really now want to bring this shit in here? Really dude? Let's talk about third world problems and how much better we have it and how bad humans we are because of our first world problems.
    Obviously not. But I'm gauging your response and it is piteously overdramatic, since we're talking about problems which--problems though they may be--are utterly inconsequential to anyone's real lives. There's no need to hold a grudge against someone for being a shoddy writer.

Obviously not. But I'm gauging your response and it is piteously overdramatic, since we're talking about problems which--problems though they may be--are utterly inconsequential to anyone's real lives. There's no need to hold a grudge against someone for being a shoddy writer.
    Guess what? I have a grudge against this guy and it's not gonna change. People are different bro. Seems like I'm a very overdramatic person and that's the way it goes for me.

Big evil guy is defeated.

"There must always be a Jailer".

Sylvanas or Bolvar takes the position.

End of the expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We get to the end of the fight, Sylvanas is bleeding out and then we discover that she and Anduin did a body-switch thing. We killed Andy -this is why we can't have nice things!

5+ Year Old Account
    I imagine there will be Jailer in Azeroth and Odyn will kick his ass. For the glory of Titans!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

End of the expansion.
    Next expansion , the great proto-dragon Galakrond is resurrected and wreakes havoc on Azzeroth , attacking Ogrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

End of the expansion.
    Or Bolvar will become the new Jailer while Sylvanas proclaims that Azeroth is free and everyone hugs it out with her. Then she becomes a fiery angel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Am quite sure the jailer will find his way to Azeroth to claim the soul of our world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evGkiiUac2M
    well, there you go boys
    its exactly what everyone predicted
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Pretty much a copy/paste of the Kerrigan storyline as many predicted.

Zovaal returning her the soul fragment and her eyes turning blue before collapsing suggests she's going back into High Elf form which is pretty much a mirror of the Queen of Blades into Human Kerrigan plot.