Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    because that's what the jailer is. A boring, characterless Villain.
    What I'm gonna say now, is 100% legit and so true. The OG Deadmine Villain, was 100x a better and more interesting Villain than this loser that came out of nowhere
    Yupp keep repeating the same tired thing proving you haven't played the game. All I can say. All I really have to say. You're just spewing it because it's the cool thing to do in your mind because you saw someone else say it.

Jailer opens vault thing and reveals nothing. Turns out the others were right the sigil are just keys to those realms
    Jailer freaks out runs away Sylvanas calls him a coward Drust invade hardcore. Jailer and Sylvanas MIA focus on Drust and restoring zones while securing Maw and saving souls. Twist is Life has been playing us all reveals those that die in afterlife reincarnate as new souls. Thanks for the power boost and weakening Death.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Oh look the same tired description of the Jailer that proves you haven't been playing.
    I'd love to be wrong and find out there's a treasure trove of characterization just waiting out there, but considering the only time the guy got any lines that weren't generic threats was in a side story in a book I don't see it. Point me to his characterization and I'd be glad to amend my ways.

@ilgynoth

The passive-aggressive tug of war between Kosak, Afrasiabi and Danuser has been hilarious. Afrasiabi took a great lead against Kosak for Kosak doing Mists 1.0 by remaking a more terrible version of that expansion with Sylvanas as the sacrificial lamb after Kosak dicked Garrosh. Now Danuser paid Afrasiabi back by turning Afrasiabi's multi-million dollar five cinematic hero Sadfang into a trinket and having no one else mention him.

@Mehrunes

Oh, she's definitely helping Anduin recover, that's a given, I just think that'll be left for the post-raid chapter of the story. You know, that surreal cutscene where her and Anduin mutely regard a placeholder box.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-07-04 at 09:07 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yupp keep repeating the same tired thing proving you haven't played the game. All I can say. All I really have to say. You're just spewing it because it's the cool thing to do in your mind because you saw someone else say it.
    Tell us how he's wrong then. Back up your statement and not just "Your wrong, you clearly aren't playing."
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    what a productive thread

/s
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...S-dying-in-9-1 this you? get lost lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @ilgynoth

The passive-aggressive tug of war between Kosak, Afrasiabi and Danuser has been hilarious. Afrasiabi took a great lead against Kosak for Kosak doing Mists 1.0 by remaking a more terrible version of that expansion with Sylvanas as the sacrificial lamb after Kosak dicked Garrosh. Now Danuser paid Afrasiabi back by turning Afrasiabi's multi-million dollar five cinematic hero Sadfang into a trinket and having no one else mention him.
    It was hilarious until they screwed up the Character you loved the most. Too bad it went really bad for Afrasiabi, haha. Lost his Job thanks to his stupidness
    And the Saurfang part is really nice. I hope that stays so. Fucking hate that worthless little Sadbitch and his annoying "So Saaaaaaad" Cinematics

Thank you champion! But our king is in another castle!

Sylvanas will kill us(heroes) and the WoW will end.

But for real:
    Jailer wins, Sylvanas will have redemption because Nathanos will decide to save her somehow and sacrifice himself for his waifu.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    because that's what the jailer is. A boring, characterless Villain.
    What I'm gonna say now, is 100% legit and so true. The OG Deadmine Villain, was 100x a better and more interesting Villain than this loser that came out of nowhere
    What would a good character be? i mean every character in any fanatasy ever is "big guy wants to destroy world and you beat him" i mean what changes would you make? And anytime blizzard tries to go against the grain like bfa it leaves people confused

also on topic the jailer will definitely take the arbirters sigil and become this

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    What would a good character be? i mean every character in any fanatasy ever is "big guy wants to destroy world and you beat him" i mean what changes would you make?
    Having a personality beyond generic evil one-liners would be a start.

And anytime blizzard tries to go against the grain like bfa it leaves people confused
    Yeah, because BfA's story was terrible. Going against the grain isn't the problem, bad writing is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Blue Man collects the fifth plot device and assumes his true form which doesn't give him any more personality but does give him a better visual design. He also takes over some part of Oribos that won't necessitate Blizzard move us to a much better capital city despite how Tazavesh is already kitted out to serve that purpose. He kicks Sylvanas down a hole while she's mid-quip and in the follow-up Chapter of the patch campaigns we pick her up for the inevitable redemption/team-up in the 9.2 wrap-up of this expansion.
    Are you implying the sigils are just empty MacGuffins? Listen here, you presumptuous misogynist pigburglar; Sylvanas fucking Windrunner is the most based and feminist (as portrayed by being a passive lackey whose development has been wholly influenced by two male influences) character in World of Warcraft(tm) Shadowlands(tm) and you ought to learn how to accept this.

Now, we here at Blizzard Entertainment are very deeply concerned about ensuring a based and developed story for our cash cows to fixate upon. We are deeply disturbed, disgusted, insulted, and other such emotionally-charged yet empty linguistic terms about your daring to imply that our super-cool OC Zovaal (donut steel) may be lacking in personality. Your mistake, of course, is failing to realize that design is a sufficient alternative to character development and personality traits. Now, shut up and enjoy the Nathanos, Sylvanas, Arthas, Hitler, Godwin, Nomi and Hogger redemption scene, which we will render in our terrible gameplay engine instead of the beautiful actual cinematics which are the high points of even the worst expansions.

The Jailer reveals he is Papa Smurf and he will travel to defeat Gargamel and the Life Pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Having a personality beyond generic evil one-liners would be a start.
    Honestly, I’d say it would even suffice to make him more cruel and petty—those are personality traits, after all—because it would give more depth to the character and explain his behavior.

Yeah, because BfA's story was terrible. Going against the grain isn't the problem, bad writing is the problem.
    Uhm achktually sweaty, it’s because people are confused by the depth and profundity of this immortal war story told in World of Warcraft(tm) Battle(tm) for(tm) Azeroth(tm), the best(tm) expansion we have made until Shadowlands(tm) and the invention of our greatest and most morally-complex villain, Zovaal.

My money is on:

Jailer throws Sylvanas aside and our boy Nathanos show up to save her.

Big reveal related to Arthas working for the Jailer.

sylvanas will stick with thanos until he has all 4 keys and then she will betray him and take the infinity gauntlet for her self and snap her fingers and become the good guy again,. just wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, I’d say it would even suffice to make him more cruel and petty—those are personality traits, after all—because it would give more depth to the character and explain his behavior.

Uhm achktually sweaty, it’s because people are confused by the depth and profundity of this immortal war story told in World of Warcraft(tm) Battle(tm) for(tm) Azeroth(tm), the best(tm) expansion we have made until Shadowlands(tm) and the invention of our greatest and most morally-complex villain, Zovaal.
    Haha.

It certainly would be an improvement over the nothing we have but I wouldn't say it'd suffice considering those personality traits have been what they've used for most of their villains e.g. the Legion, Deathwing and the Black Dragonflight, the Lich King and much of the Scourge. It can be entertaining (Gul'dan) but it's long been played out. At the very least they need to put some pizzazz over the cruelty and pettiness.

Haha.

It certainly would be an improvement over the nothing we have but I wouldn't say it'd suffice considering those personality traits have been what they've used for most of their villains e.g. the Legion, Deathwing and the Black Dragonflight, the Lich King and much of the Scourge. It can be entertaining (Gul'dan) but it's long been played out. At the very least they need to put some pizzazz over the cruelty and pettiness.
    I’d say the nature of Zovaal as a qualified tormentor would make him an excellent venue to allow for a more personal kind of villainy. A lot of times, the aforementioned villains tend to be as overbearing and widespread as the villains we got—it would be interesting to see a villain who will sometimes delay himself to indulge his cruelties or in the interest of some moral system. Either would be useful imo

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I’d say the nature of Zovaal as a qualified tormentor would make him an excellent venue to allow for a more personal kind of villainy. A lot of times, the aforementioned villains tend to be as overbearing and widespread as the villains we got—it would be interesting to see a villain who will sometimes delay himself to indulge his cruelties or in the interest of some moral system. Either would be useful imo
    Ah, that's a direction I hadn't thought of. That could be an entertaining take for the character. Could even use his torments on inflicting "personal hells" on other characters as well. Could allow for some interesting scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    What would a good character be? i mean every character in any fanatasy ever is "big guy wants to destroy world and you beat him" i mean what changes would you make? And anytime blizzard tries to go against the grain like bfa it leaves people confused

also on topic the jailer will definitely take the arbirters sigil and become this
    sooo, you agree with what has been said? that hell get a nicer design (because he looks like absolute crap rn), but will remain the same, boring, sad sargeras+LK rip-off otherwise (nevermind that this design looks again like an aman'thul+LK rip-off)?
    great! glad that is sorted now
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-07-05 at 02:47 AM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Ah, that's a direction I hadn't thought of. That could be an entertaining take for the character. Could even use his torments on inflicting "personal hells" on other characters as well. Could allow for some interesting scenarios.
    Indeed! I mean, that's literally the entire shtick he's knocking off. Why not just go all the way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    sooo, you agree with what has been said? that hell get a nicer design (because he looks like absolute crap rn), but will remain the same, boring, sad sargeras+LK rip-off otherwise (nevermind that this design looks again like an aman'thul+LK rip-off)?
    great! glad that is sorted now
    Honestly, the only hope for Zovaal is if we do get a real extension of his personality really quickly. They were almost laying the groundwork in some places, like the Folk and Fairy Tales story, but I don't think they'll have enough time to make the Jailer be nearly as memorable as Arthas or Sargy. He simply doesn't have enough buildup, enough personality, and he's already been outshined by Denathrius in his own expansion. Even in consideration of the fact that he was just introduced, he never made a strong enough introduction--and, of course, first impressions tend to stick.