Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looks like another raid tier of being on the bottom

Every spec of hunter was on the bottom for Castle Nathria's tier and from sims it looks like we are staying there. Literally 2.5k dps less than the top. That's about 30% more dps than every hunter spec can do. Most pure dps specs have ATLEAST one spec that can compete. But the difference is crazy. They literally throw a legendary at us for non-legendary dps. Here's to hopes for next tier. Maybe someday we can make it to the middle at least.

P.S. Please don't say I'm a hunter and I do just fine in my raids... Yes. There are fights where we can do well but overall our damage does not compete. Especially in mythic raids. Forever the raid mechanic handler.

This tier is going to be more about bringing the player, not the spec/class. And even with that said, there's the possibility of receiving a buff by mythic week after normal/heroic week is tested, and it's clear that we are bottom of the barrel to Blizzards data.

Just hold tight, Hunters will end up being fine.

Don't know why you would say that. In Mythic Nathria, Marks ranked #18 out of 24 DPS specs, BM #20, and Survival came in dead-last at #24. It's true Marks did much better in easier difficulties but those aren't particularly competitive.

We don't really know how we'll fare in this tier, but going by last tier it's completely plausible that the answer is "not well at all". Or they could make hotfix buffs, who knows? But it sure isn't guaranteed.

Didn’t know that we already experienced tuning week

i dislike the fact that a pure dps class has all 3 of its specs at the bottom and im not holding my breath for anything big knowing best wer will be lucky to get a flat 3% buff to all abilities.......

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dislike the fact that a pure dps class has all 3 of its specs at the bottom and im not holding my breath for anything big knowing best wer will be lucky to get a flat 3% buff to all abilities.......
    We might see changes next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dislike the fact that a pure dps class has all 3 of its specs at the bottom
    Yep. One of the historical advantages of playing a pure DPS is that at least one of the specs was always parsing at least in the top third. Not because pure DPS was tuned higher, just because they're less likely to screw over all 3 specs. But you know, less likely doesn't mean never.

Lol.

Get the leggo, stop doomsdaying.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Just w8 for end of this raid week what blizz will do. Some balance is needed. if bizz says something like Hunters are balanced about having legendary it will be a problem. That bow isn't that good for raid anyway.

What I feer hunter get something like 3-5% overall dmg boost which is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Just w8 for end of this raid week what blizz will do. Some balance is needed. if bizz says something like Hunters are balanced about having legendary it will be a problem. That bow isn't that good for raid anyway.

What I feer hunter get something like 3-5% overall dmg boost which is not enough.
    More pressingly the problem is that unless the Legendary is a guaranteed drop then you are saying that said spec can only do its full damage based around an RNG drop.
    This would be far, far worse than even the Legiondaries. At least then the massive DPS increase was just an increase, you didnt have rogues balanced around the BiS legiondary.

A legendary should always just be a bonus. Yes it would be kinda annoying for hunters to do 4-5% more damage for a tier because of a legendary, but its a single tier, and its a rare drop. Why even make it a legendary is the intention is for it to be mandatory for intended damage?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    More pressingly the problem is that unless the Legendary is a guaranteed drop then you are saying that said spec can only do its full damage based around an RNG drop.
    This would be far, far worse than even the Legiondaries. At least then the massive DPS increase was just an increase, you didnt have rogues balanced around the BiS legiondary.

A legendary should always just be a bonus. Yes it would be kinda annoying for hunters to do 4-5% more damage for a tier because of a legendary, but its a single tier, and its a rare drop. Why even make it a legendary is the intention is for it to be mandatory for intended damage?
    Legendary is not much stronger than epic weapon on same ilvl. If you get 252 weapon from vault you will not even use legendary if it ever for you unless you upgrade it on mythic level.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Didn’t know that we already experienced tuning week
    Every. Single. Time.

But self deprecation is meta or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Lol.

Get the leggo, stop doomsdaying.
    the bow dose NOTHING for 1 of the 2 spec it dose very little for the other

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post

yep thats all we are going to get when are blizzard going to learn that it's simply not enough

BM finally getting some buff. 'Bout fucking time
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    BM finally getting some buff. 'Bout fucking time
    We'll still be low tier, but at least the top of low tier

I'd be happy with more survivability but ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Anyone here happen to know if the Bloodmallet profiles are bugged? I find it very hard to believe Venthyr is now 600dps ahead of Fae just because the bow was added to the profile.
    I'm guessing it's still simming off early ptr data where Wailing arrow was replacing killshot, or did Venthyr get stealth buffed through the tits?

OT: given Hunter mobility and raid utility I'm totally fine being roughly middle of the pack in terms of damage. These buffs are decent, and make it even more likely Fae won't craft their cov leggo.
    I can't recall a single time when Shadow priests were stacked to overlap Vampiric Embrace, but Hunters have been for immunes/feign cheese.

15+ Year Old Account
    RB played a MM Hunter extremely well this tier and ended up at the top end of the DPS while supporting mechanics via our utility. This seems more of a gitgood problem for the majority of hunters than an actual problem with the class.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-07-23 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    RB played a MM Hunter extremely well this tier and ended up at the top end of the DPS while supporting mechanics via our utility. This seems more of a gitgood problem for the majority of hunters than an actual problem with the class.
    I remember back in the days when Devai a hunter from Paragon streamed and said, Hunter is easy to play but hard to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    This seems more of a gitgood problem for the majority of hunters than an actual problem with the class.
    No. Stats don't lie. People playing other classes can "git good" too, and anyone playing mythic raids at 80th percentile can't be terrible.

Mythic, survival/BM are middle of the pack, marks is bottom third.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../28#dataset=80

Heroic, marks/BM are middle of the pack, survival is terrible. (With nobody actually playing survival, so that probably doesn't reflect actual performance)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...y=4&dataset=80

Normal isn't at all competitive, and doesn't apply to your "git gud" hypothesis, but it does reflect how the majority of players are performing. In normal, marks/BM are middle of the pack and survival again is awful.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...y=3&dataset=80

Now I'm not saying middle of the pack is bad. It's fine. Hunter performance doesn't "demand buffs", as it did last tier. It's much better now! But this is not a "git gud" problem, the ceiling is simply lower for hunters than the specs in the top of the rankings.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-07-23 at 02:59 PM.