Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The fact that that categories is an option just means you can easily weed out what you don't want to see. People that feel that this is a big issue is always hilarious to me since it literally means nothing except more traffic to the platform....

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Not trying to turn this into a sexuality discussion
    Yes, you were. Just by bringing "bewbs" up in your OP.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The way I see it, Twitch is a streaming platform. It gained its popularity because of videogames, which, being an interactive, and often online, medium, is logical. But people have since created all kinds of content around the concept of live streaming, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

    I think they should definitely separate certain kinds of content (bewbs) into its own thing. Possibly even a different website. Use the existing restricted content rules for the current platform, and take all the softcore stuff into a Twitch-branded camsite, which could then allow more explicit content, and earn them a ton of money along the way.

    They're trying to have their cake and eat it at the same time with unclear, often hypocritical rulings: "Sponsors wouldn't like us to allow porn into our platform, but thousands of people throwing money at girls in bikinis is fine".

    Other than that, I have no issue with people streaming themselves chatting, studying, eating, drawing or whatever.
    Twitch used to have rules and standards, you couldn't stream yourself not gaming for long or you'd be taken offline, you had to be playing games.

    That said, I don't go around twitch looking for things to piss me off, I stick to streamers I like.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Twitch used to have rules and standards, you couldn't stream yourself not gaming for long or you'd be taken offline, you had to be playing games.

    That said, I don't go around twitch looking for things to piss me off, I stick to streamers I like.
    And then it changed standards to include IRL content, so what? They're being inconsistent with how they treat the soft core porn in relation to other streamers, but besides that they haven't been too bad. People blow things way out of proportion for drama.

  5. #45
    I don't think Twitch has ALL of gaming culture's problems. not sure if there are scores of angry, racist, sexist INCELS on there with large followings.

  6. #46
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,479
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Typical that this got turned into a thread against women because nerds can't handle a bit of skin. IIRC, didn't Twitch just permanently ban one of the larger female streamers?

    As for the "Just Chatting" part, just because a streamer is in there, it doesn't mean they're a woman busy shaking their tits on screen. People use it as they transition between games, they use it when they're winding their stream down. The only female streamer I've watched in the last year doesn't even use a face cam and she does pretty OK.

    Twitch is a cesspool in terms of viewers, anyway. The majority are like the dregs of the gaming world.

    Solution? Be a fucking adult and just don't watch shit you don't agree with/like. Rocket science it ain't.

    What a top quality thread to make right after a ban ends, though, eh?
    I disagree. Twitch tries to market itself to kids, they try very hard. One would think that they'd have some better standards as to sexually suggestive behavior and attire, as well as what you should and shouldn't talk about on streams. This goes both ways, for the record. Women obviously have an easier time of getting the attention of males then the other way around, without a whole lot of effort if they are even remotely attractive. Let's be honest though, we are running into an issue as a society where social interaction is failing, the concepts of romantic relationships between men and women is waning and not as strong as it was for our parents generation. Kids spending all their time in front of their computers and it isn't helping this at all. And we are all to blame for it. Dudes tossing money and expensive things at these girls for nothing because they crave attention is sad. Let's be honest though, most guys who play video games are average looking at best, while a lot of the successful females on Twitch are at least good looking.

  7. #47
    Twitch is just a hidden pornhub atm. It wont be long before US regulators take notice and they will crack down amazon will have to dispose of twitch and our platform will be gone.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Twitch is just a hidden pornhub atm. It wont be long before US regulators take notice and they will crack down amazon will have to dispose of twitch and our platform will be gone.
    suggestive content isn't porn mate

  9. #49
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,479
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    And then it changed standards to include IRL content, so what? They're being inconsistent with how they treat the soft core porn in relation to other streamers, but besides that they haven't been too bad. People blow things way out of proportion for drama.
    They did nothing when Alinity flashed her tits on stream or when she assaulted her pets, things that should have warranted a permanent ban. I have zero faith in Twitch being capable of upholding the rules.

  10. #50
    It's just a shame women have to resort to turning twitch into onlyfans lite. Plenty of great female gamers out there streaming, that deserve more attention... that get buried under the T&A crowd with no talent, and only looks. take that stuff to onlyfans

  11. #51
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,185
    Not sure what the complaint here is, there's so much to unpack. Are you mad that gaming has become this multi billion dollar conglomerate on twitch, or you have a problem with just chatting being a top thing over the games, or you are saying that its hard to get started on twitch because of all the above?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They did nothing when Alinity flashed her tits on stream or when she assaulted her pets, things that should have warranted a permanent ban. I have zero faith in Twitch being capable of upholding the rules.
    there is a huge double standard when it comes to women and gaming, they are almost a protected species and can get away with 10x more than a man can in regards to pushing boundaries

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    And then it changed standards to include IRL content, so what? They're being inconsistent with how they treat the soft core porn in relation to other streamers, but besides that they haven't been too bad. People blow things way out of proportion for drama.
    If people want to watch people farting into mics, i don't really care honestly lol. Just bringing up that twitch was just a game streaming site and that's what made it take off.

    If some kid is on there watching someone fart into the mic on a stream marked "mature" that's not twitches fault either, that's on the parents.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They did nothing when Alinity flashed her tits on stream or when she assaulted her pets, things that should have warranted a permanent ban. I have zero faith in Twitch being capable of upholding the rules.
    The nip slip was an obvious mistake and not intentional that showed for like a second and she didn't have any previous similar infraction, so it doesn't make any sense for her to get punished for it. As for the cat thing, that's extremely outdated, she was on Dr K, had multiple streams explaining what happened, even had animal protection services called to check in on the situation.

  15. #55
    Twitch markets itself as a gaming site (I should hope it is uncontroversial given the first link on the site next to the banner is esports) if there wasn't a financial reason to do so they could have easily completely separated twitch from twitchIRL (or more realistically twitch after dark).

    I don't think it's fair to broadly characterize people pointing out twitch's failure to do so is likely because there is money to be made as sexism. Nor is it fair to suggest the only successful female streamers are titty streamers, apex has two high-ranked female streamers.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  16. #56
    so it's twitch fault if people are more interested in watching "just chatting" than video games. and they should ban their most viewed content because you decided they should only allow video game streams.

    you can still watch games streams right?? and nobody's forcing you to watch "just chatting" streams right?? so what the hell is your problem?

    people will watch what they want, and twitch will bank on it. you can "work" your content as much as you want, if viewers don't want to watch your stream, they won't, doesn't matter if you think you "deserve" more viewers ....

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Thank you for the sage advice, I will get 30k views playing a literal slot machine on stream.
    If you could do that...you would be.

  18. #58
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,463
    Twitch started as JTV. There was still an audience for that type of content but nowhere to really put it, Twitch is now like JTV when JTV added gaming streams. If people weigh the merits of a game based on how many viewers it has then I feel sorry for that gamers, their time, and their wallet ie the reason why GTA has a tons of views isnt due ones personal enjoyment but people watching amazing RPers like they would a soap opera (probably more comparable to wrestling though).

    If people want to watch lifecasters and boobie streamers and waste their money on subs then let them. My only issue are even rule enforcement, making it hard for the underage to get to those sections (the only reason I support removing them from the platform), and protecting people in poor/vulnerable mental health postions from bad decisions. Other than that if people want to watch some kick in a hot tube collect donations ON THE INTERNET WHERE THERES FREE AND BETT...nevermind...then let them do it.

    Its funny that people laser focus on the girls when how many male streamers have been caught in some actual bad shit or just as exploitative but in different ways? How many have been caught involved in scams, acts of predatory behavior, abusive relationships with their partners (hell weirdly enough chat too), building cult like communities that lash out against other streamers?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-07-05 at 02:41 PM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,448
    It's been borderline MFC for years, and I can't stand the people quoting streamers as the be all end all of knowledge.
    I stopped watching ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  20. #60
    People are over simplifying the issue of the just chatting section.

    Personally I have no issue with seeing tits everywhere, but if I were a parent and my son/daughter were to be viewing twitch 24/7 normalising the hypersexualisation of females on a daily basis I'd be concerned. This would be age gated content on youtube or even pornhub so why is it not on twitch? Imagine if a 14 y/o started streaming emulating the likes of amounranth - plenty of people would have issues with it but it's not talked about for whatever reason. Could be the amount of money/views these streamers pull in for twitch itself or is it because twitch staff themselves enjoy watching their content? There needs to be regulation around a community that has large interaction with minors.

    It also creates hatred around incels and good looking women, it would be better for everyone (other than the streamers themselves and twitch) if this content was moderated/age restricted or taken off the platform all together.

    Re the hypersexualisation comment I think this goes for all platforms, youtube music videos, instagram, facebook and especially tiktok - 14 y/o girls doing dances to WAP and shaking their bits all over the screen is child pornography but because it's a fad it's ok.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •