Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I partially agree. There are major issues with the patch, but the main issue isn't a question of more, it's a question of delivering something better. As far as quantity goes, it's in line with previous .1 patches, a bit on the low end definitely but still in line. As far as quality goes, it's simply more of the same old copy and paste formula. New massive dungeon (that really should be a raid), a new raid, a new zone (half a zone really) and the same old bells and whistles with regard to in-game systems. Other patches from the past offered something unique and new: Cata-Transmogs, MOP-Timeless Isle and Legion-Mage Twr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feels like WoD all over again.

Oh come on. I mean even I, as someone who thinks the patch is underwhelming and substandard so far, would not call it a drought until at least the time gating is over and the raid has been cleared.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Feels like WoD all over again.
    9.1 is a hell of a lot more substantial than 6.1 was. People have such short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I partially agree. There are major issues with the patch, but the main issue isn't a question of more, it's a question of delivering something better. As far as quantity goes, it's in line with previous .1 patches, a bit on the low end definitely but still in line. As far as quality goes, it's simply more of the same old copy and paste formula. New massive dungeon (that really should be a raid), a new raid, a new zone (half a zone really) and the same old bells and whistles with regard to in-game systems. Other patches from the past offered something unique and new: Cata-Transmogs, MOP-Timeless Isle and Legion-Mage Twr.
    I agree. I feel like the slogan in the wow department is "it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be done."

While people argue it’s in line with other .1 patches, you could also make the very real argument that this .1 had twice the time as the others in the oven since the first patch is already being worked on prior to launch. Secondly, you can make the very real argument that more depended on this .1 patch than any .1 patch in WoW history. We all know the state of SL and it desperately needed 9.1 to be one of the best patches in WoW history to reverse the tide.. instead, what we got was just C work at best

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Stop giving them your money. Your real life self can make a statement by cancelling your credit card payments. It sends a message.

Oh...but I am not even allowed to say that.

Ok..so complain on MMO-C under a made up name and keep giving them your money. That will show them...
    But I enjoy the game so why would I stop playing? If only it were possible to enjoy something and also want it to be better at the same time!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol if they put in more content people bitch about the grind. Less and people bitch about no content. Blizz can never win.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    But this time the "new" was already delivered in 9.0: Thorgast. Did the mentioned xpacs deliver anything new on that scale with release?
    As far as quality goes, that's debatable. For instance, the mega dungeon is stunning, with a lot of new, unique assets. It screams quality for me, even if a dungeon is not a new feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    9.1 pretty good to me, tons of stuff to do on the main, easy slow catch up on alts. having a good time idk, it's good stuff.
    can you elaborate?

i actually wanted to play on day2 of the patch, but it quickly turned into afk at rare spawn while watching youtube on second screen. on day3 i decided i didn't care about about the reputation enough to afk at rares for it.

(day1 was good though, the campaign quest lasted a lot longer than i was expecting. almost feels as if they gave us 2 weeks of quests at once, removing the eye could easily have been week 2s content.)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-07-05 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    That is a poor analogy but you are right. It is more of the same. I believe most players have had their expectations lowered to the point of non-existance so any tiny spec of content, good or bad, is like the second coming and should never be criticised only loved and accepted into our hearts.
    Isen't this 9.1 a lot more stuff than the sunwell patch (as an example) added in TBC?

Why do people complain about the amount of stuff, when it's a lot more than what was added in the past?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Isen't this 9.1 a lot more stuff than the sunwell patch (as an example) added in TBC?

Why do people complain about the amount of stuff, when it's a lot more than what was added in the past?
    Because these players don't actually know what they want. They just know they don't like what they got and they're hoping somebody on the internet can validate their negative opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

That's a poor argument, because the game wasn't seasonal then like it is now. EVERYTHING in TBC was still being ran during sunwell, and was relevant content. You could play TBC the last week and still find KZ or TK groups.

Therefore, it was vastly more content than 9.1 or any time pretty much in WoW history. After sunwell, the game started leaning more into "Seasonal" patches and easy catch ups with wotlk. The Sunwell comparison is bad because that was peak TBC which was the peak expac of WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Since there hasn't been a single post about this yet, I wanted to start a thread about the complete lack of content in 9.1. Day 1 took a few hours to complete. Every day since has taken 10-30 minutes to complete dailies and covenant assaults. We have the new raid coming Wednesday and new pvp and M+ seasons as well. All up, I predict a 2-3 months of content for most players.

Is this the great return to form we have all been waiting for? Yes, I know the all of the usual replies. Just don't play it. Unsubscribe after 2 months and wait for the next major patch. Why are you even writing this? Who are you to comment on the glorious Mother land of Blizzard? How dare you! Your views do not align with mine, how dare you!

I think it is OK to expect more.
    Well, raids, dungeons and pvp is what most people want. Gonna have a new megadungeon too.

Now 9.1 could've been bigger, but open world content has never been a huge focus or what most people were looking forward too. For the amount of content that most people are looking forward too, 9.1 is as big as any mid-tier patch since legion.

Of course you can ask for more and personally I love it when they add new zone, so for me it is a bit of a disappointment, but it's not gonna hurt the game's health as much as I am confident that most people don't even care about this stuff. Actually they do care, in a negative way, when you have to grind that open world content for raids/dungeons.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-07-05 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Lmfao, a content drought thread before the raid and dungeon are even released.

This fucking place, I'm telling you.
    People on this forum have the stupidest mental gymnastics hot takes. Half the time I’m not sure if it’s trolling or not, honestly.

Content draught before the season even started. I’m sad that I’m not creative enough to make such shit up.

Another guy who clearly doesn't raid or do anything challenging in game making a post to complain about how there's nothing to do after you finish some WQs and clear LFR once...

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That's a poor argument, because the game wasn't seasonal then like it is now. EVERYTHING in TBC was still being ran during sunwell, and was relevant content. You could play TBC the last week and still find KZ or TK groups.
    Only relevant for new people. No one who cleared T4 and T5 when it was relevant wanted to run those during Sunwell patch, it was a chore. For any proper raiding guild Sunwell patch was just dailies and new raid so it was just as seasonal as now.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Because these players don't actually know what they want. They just know they don't like what they got and they're hoping somebody on the internet can validate their negative opinion.
    Thank you for putting us lowly simpletons who dare to have an opinion but have no idea what we want in our place. You truly are our superior in every way. God bless.

OP must be the kind of people to shout "this movie is shit" in the movie theatre while watching the ads before the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Another guy who clearly doesn't raid or do anything challenging in game making a post to complain about how there's nothing to do after you finish some WQs and clear LFR once...
    Yes, clearly you know everything about me. Well played.