View Poll Results: dual wield survival yes or no

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • no

    22 26.51%
  • yes

    61 73.49%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Cool Dual-wield Survival: yes or no

    Wouldn't it be awesome if our hunters to go back to pre-mop days where you could use a ranged weapon and a melee weapon at the same time? Well what if Survival instead of just using 2h could dual-wield also? Also add 2 glyphs for serpent sting that we can fire our shot from either a gun, crossbow [default], or a bow and quiver. Let us dual-wield daggers too! And to make survival even more different have our weapons sheath on the back instead of the sides.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  2. #2
    Voted no because Survival should be ranged weapon only.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Voted no because Survival should be ranged weapon only.
    Voted yes, because i disagree.

    And because weapons are nothing more than stat sticks nowadays anyway; it shouldn't hurt to have 2 weaker ones instead a big one.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Voted yes, because i disagree.
    So you want Survival to be a pariah spec for all eternity?

  5. #5
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,155
    No SV should be reworked into the dark ranger spec. Because dark ranger isnt a class and blizzard should just admit they failed with SV

  6. #6
    DW like Rexxar for melee Surv would be cool. It'd be so wild to see what kind of furious chopping you could do with a Fury of the Eagle return for that, it'd be sick. Will also be sick to see the animation choices for Mongoose Bite with DW.

    Ranged weaponry already dominates the other two specs. I'd rather they double down on melee weapons and melee abilities for Surv.

    Serpent Sting imo should be a melee strike and DoT. As a Carve DoT as from Legion, or as a reflavored Lacerate -- something along those lines would be cool.

  7. #7
    I'd like to see it, if for nothing else than because all the cool agility weapons with procs are 1-H.

  8. #8
    dual wield will add nothing and make you farm twice the weapon drops. also make it ranged again.

  9. #9
    Nah i want a survival hunter spec that focuses on abilities like
    Exotic Munitions, Black Arrow and old Explosive Shot.

  10. #10
    I only came in here to see how fast the topic would derail into ranged vs melee. Was not disappointed. While you guys are complaining ill be wacking people with my polearm and throwing bombs at people in raid. XD

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Gee, You really got everyone. Way to stick it to 'em.
    He's not wrong....
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    DW like Rexxar for melee Surv would be cool. It'd be so wild to see what kind of furious chopping you could do with a Fury of the Eagle return for that, it'd be sick. Will also be sick to see the animation choices for Mongoose Bite with DW.

    Ranged weaponry already dominates the other two specs. I'd rather they double down on melee weapons and melee abilities for Surv.

    Serpent Sting imo should be a melee strike and DoT. As a Carve DoT as from Legion, or as a reflavored Lacerate -- something along those lines would be cool.
    I really want to see my worgen dual-wielding some fist weapon claws and going wild alongside its pet

  13. #13
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,445
    It should defiantly be an option like with frost dk’s.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Gee, You really got everyone. Way to stick it to 'em.
    I only said this because some people on these forums act like no one will ever group with a sv hunter, no one plays sv hunter and that sv hunter is a dead spec. When its clearly not the case. Every single sv thread both here and on the official forums get derailed so fast its not even funny anymore. Its fun to play albeit it does have its weakness, but I am not mythic raiding or doing 20+ keys.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gorkos View Post
    I only said this because some people on these forums act like no one will ever group with a sv hunter, no one plays sv hunter and that sv hunter is a dead spec. When its clearly not the case. Every single sv thread both here and on the official forums get derailed so fast its not even funny anymore. Its fun to play albeit it does have its weakness, but I am not mythic raiding or doing 20+ keys.
    Not to mention it's godlike in PvP. Sure, the spec has high skill cap, but as you said, it's really fun to play. Also it's funny that majority of its toolkit is ranged anyway.

  16. #16
    I've always been a huge proponent of changing Survival into a tank Spec. Rename it to Warden, and maybe drop the pet. My vision was to make it like Maiev and the other Wardens. Would fit thematically, and would give Survival/Warden an actual template and story to be built off of. Would be dual-wield or two-handed like Monk, but would be allowed to use Glaives so they could be seen with the neat Warden type glaives helping to justify having glaives in the loot table for more than just DHs. Some of the ground work is already laid for abilities in the HotS version of Maiev. Just need to build off it. Even current abilities could be slightly re-flavored to work with it, and adjusted minimally to actually be a cohesive set of abilities instead of the hodge-podge of ideas kind of smashed together.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I really want to see my worgen dual-wielding some fist weapon claws and going wild alongside its pet
    That's a fun idea. Maybe one day there could be a Legendary based on the claws of Goldrinn or something.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    I've always been a huge proponent of changing Survival into a tank Spec. Rename it to Warden, and maybe drop the pet. My vision was to make it like Maiev and the other Wardens. Would fit thematically, and would give Survival/Warden an actual template and story to be built off of. Would be dual-wield or two-handed like Monk, but would be allowed to use Glaives so they could be seen with the neat Warden type glaives helping to justify having glaives in the loot table for more than just DHs. Some of the ground work is already laid for abilities in the HotS version of Maiev. Just need to build off it. Even current abilities could be slightly re-flavored to work with it, and adjusted minimally to actually be a cohesive set of abilities instead of the hodge-podge of ideas kind of smashed together.
    tank spec idea is a bigger meme than the already melee spec.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    tank spec idea is a bigger meme than the already melee spec.
    Better then what we are stuck with IMO.

  20. #20
    I think the choice between 2H and 2W for each class should just be a transmog one, so yes but no... I guess...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •