Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Survival didn't make the Cut

I guess there aren't enough survival hunters for it to show up?

The four people in the world still playing Survival probably didn't log on this week.

supposedly survival is simming higher dps than the other specs. but even the world first guilds don't want one xD.

there has never been a place for mediocre melee dps without meaningful raidtools in high end mythic raiding.
    even more so when that class has ranged dps specs that - altho just as mediocre in dps - dont have any less tools available.

wouldnt be surprised to see more surivival in mythic+ tho. The damage is ok and the toolset way more fitting

*crops out parse numbers*
    There are less than 200 hunter parses uploaded right now, come on guys...

Also despite feral being a top 3 dps and balance being a bottom 3 spec according to this 'data' there are 317 fewer feral parses than balance. It's almost like being melee when you have a ranged option is not looked upon favorably.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

And that is now new and suprising how exactly? 50 parses are needed for it to show up, and there are 331 (from 30k hunter parses) mythic survival parses for Castle Nathria and 157 (from 20k) for BFA's Ny'alotha.
    Heck even Emerald Nightmare - the first raid where survival was available - has only 1200 survival parses (from over 100k ).
    It's been a dead spec for highend PVE three addons now. Period.

Nah, affliction and outlaw with their 2 and 5 parses is way more represented.

*wrong list*
    What I think is fun as a survival hunter is that I indeed feel the buff we got, going to be interesting to see how good it can be with some more gear.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-16 at 10:00 AM.

DPS is simply not going to be enough to make Survival viable again. What it lacks is a certain something that it actually brings to the table.

The way raids work means that being ranged is at some level enough for that certain something, and when Survival additionally can't even bring something like that it is no wonder it gets left out.
    I mean honestly, it isn't even particularly durable. Even rogues bring more survivability and utility to the the table in raids.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    DPS is simply not going to be enough to make Survival viable again. What it lacks is a certain something that it actually brings to the table.

The way raids work means that being ranged is at some level enough for that certain something, and when Survival additionally can't even bring something like that it is no wonder it gets left out.
    I mean honestly, it isn't even particularly durable. Even rogues bring more survivability and utility to the the table in raids.
    It's funny how we hunters did have tranq and misdirection as our unique thing, and then Blizzard had their whole bring the player and not class event so others got those and we got some other stuff. Like combat res as pet ability, really miss this btw.

And then they removed those abilities from us, but let others keep our abilities. So now it's back to bring the class and not the player again. But we're gimped. Fun!

Don't really care since I'm playing on the extremely casual level and our group don't care what you play as.

I think surival hunters just need to be deleted at this point or reworked from scratch

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll never catch me playing melee hunter, even if survival becomes S tier dps and bm/mm go to the bottom

3+ Year Old Account
    Survival Hunters are busy with something else at the moment:

Current top rated players of the 2s Ladder on arenamate.net, not showing healers (18.07.2021).
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2021-07-18 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This spec has been such a joke for so long. Devs are too stubborn to admit their mistake and delete it or rework it again (didn't think it needed to be changed in the first place - I loved MoP/WoD explosive shot survival).
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Give Survival Hunters the magic debuff DH's have.

Give Hunters in general WoD Aspect of the Fox again (raid-wide cast while moving for short duration).

I'm sure there can be a trap designed to be a defensive CD.

surv has been dead since legion came out. will never change unless they put it back to ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just fucking depressing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Maybe Survival Hunters need another defensive CD or something..?
    This for starters.

Personally, I enjoy how the spec plays, but it a) doesn't bring anything that ranged hunters don't (other than a shorter interrupt), it suffers from the poor survivability of Hunters in general, and c) it doesn't have the damage pattern that would make it desirable in M+. The sustain is good, but its CDs are pretty awful.

I think it definitely needs some other sort of defensive CD, and some sort of utility that ranged hunters don't have, like an AoE silence or something.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I think it definitely needs some other sort of defensive CD, and some sort of utility that ranged hunters don't have, like an AoE silence or something.
    All you have to do is to use new legendary bow to have access to aoe silence, too bad blizzard chosen stick for you

I run with a survival hunter and he performs very well. It's way more than good enough to achieve a 2k score, and that's all that matters. If you care about anything past that, then you should already know that you don't really get to pick/choose what classes are viable for "high" keys and have been at the whims of the developers since people started competing at a "high" level

Survival has been the least (or second least) played spec every tier since it was released. This is not a coincidence and it is not 'normal' for a spec to consistently see no play.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?