Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    the guy casually says he leveled 2d 8h played in 10 days, like 6 hours a day is normal behavior or something
    i'm sorry, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    There is so much wrong with this argument.
    Also, please tell me what's wrong with my statement?

It took me around 75 hours to get to lvl 70.

It takes an aproximate of 80 hours to learn the first level of French (A1) from scratch.
    You would be able to read around 9 novels (300 pages long) with avarage reading speed in 80 hours

You have to be delusional if you insist that it's not a lot of time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

I find it hilarious that you are unable to connect the dots here.
    Please, connect them for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Boost exists => less people are leveling

You can't complain about (near) dead leveling zones when you argue in favour of a service that allows people to skip those zones.

You can't complain about (near) dead leveling zones when you argue in favour of a service that allows people to skip those zones.
    Valid point

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    I used the speedlvl alliance shaman guide from cauthonluck (can really recommend that guys work) all solo quests, no outside help / dungeons - I did use a few twink weapons tho like double heaven's light. My first shaman was 2 days 9 hours but in faster real life time than my 2nd. Do you really want me to upload screens?

It takes an aproximate of 80 hours to learn the first level of French (A1) from scratch.
    You would be able to read around 9 novels (300 pages long) with avarage reading speed in 80 hours

- - - Updated - - -

I explained after that statement what is wrong.

Yes it is long, but that was a part of tbc. Hence, it should generally exist.
    It is too long for you? Play something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the fun in that?
    "Fun" is subjective, but that question doesn't even make sense as a reply to what was effectively me tell the person they aren't the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    0% chance

With the boost being unique per account they just can't change it. That would be terribly unfair to the people who already used their boost under the rule.
    For sure they will do this. Your argument is the same for all of those who went Alliance because Horde has long BG queues. And we all know Blizzard did not give a shit about those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    "Fun" is subjective, but that question doesn't even make sense as a reply to what was effectively me tell the person they aren't the rule.
    What?
    10chars

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just compare reading a book with playing WoW?

Did you just compare reading a book with playing WoW?
    You missed the point.

I dont disagree with the logic, however, it does rely on an assumption - that any / all of the people who used the boost would be leveling their toon the 'Ol fashioned" way. I believe anyone willing to pay a price equal to many full games just to avoid leveling 1-58 had no intention of levleing at all. Its purely anecdotal, but everyone I know who paid for a boost would NOT be playing TBCC at all, or, would have stuck with their classic main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Already leveled a draenei warrior in 7 days during prepatch, thanks it was enough. WTB boost for my draenei priest alt.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    however, it does rely on an assumption - that any / all of the people who used the boost would be leveling their toon the 'Ol fashioned" way.
    No, there is no assumption.

Where did i assume that those people would level the old fashioned way?
    It's not there.

So, let's engage in an assumption i never made.
    If you want argue that all of those people and make the proposterous assumption that literally none of those would have picked up TBC without the boost...what's the point?
    Those people never saw any Classic leveling zone to begin with on their character outside of finishing the last two levels during the pre patch (if at all).
    These people and their characters are not relevant to the argument at all, because either way, those people would never appear in those leveling zones.
    If the boost didn't exist, they wouldn't play TBC (at least that's the assumption) => They are not in the leveling zones.
    If the boost does exist, they are paying money to skip that very content => They are not in the leveling zones.

What is however quite certain is that a lot of people who already had a capped character also used the boost for another one, there you would have certainly seen more characters before the launch of TBC or afterwards in those leveling zones.

No, there is no assumption.

Where did i assume that those people would level the old fashioned way?
    It's not there.

So, let's engage in an assumption i never made.
    If you want argue that all of those people and make the proposterous assumption that literally none of those would have picked up TBC without the boost...what's the point?
    Those people never saw any Classic leveling zone to begin with on their character outside of finishing the last two levels during the pre patch (if at all).
    These people and their characters are not relevant to the argument at all, because either way, those people would never appear in those leveling zones.
    If the boost didn't exist, they wouldn't play TBC (at least that's the assumption) => They are not in the leveling zones.
    If the boost does exist, they are paying money to skip that very content => They are not in the leveling zones.

What is however quite certain is that a lot of people who already had a capped character also used the boost for another one, there you would have certainly seen more characters before the launch of TBC or afterwards in those leveling zones.
    Amusing - you agree with everything i say, then follow it up with another baseless assumption. Ironically, all your "counter points" actually just bolster my argument. You are attempting to hand waive away my response, by saying they are not relevant, and yet it is the core of your argument. - answer this simple question - if those individuals were willing to level form 1-58, why did they literally pay money not to do it?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

by saying they are not relevant, and yet it is the core of your argument.
    ...Because they are?

I have no idea how this simple logic eludes you.
    People not playing TBC because of no boost = less characters in a leveling zone.
    People purchasing the boost = less characters in a leveling zone.

These are, by your own logic, the only options that exists, both resulting in the same thing.
    if those individuals were willing to level form 1-58, why did they literally pay money not to do it?
    <insert post about boosties using their hourly wages to justify purchasing the boost>

Path of least resistance, again, it's pretty fucking simple.

You can, in a couple years when wrath comes out.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

...Because they are?

I have no idea how this simple logic eludes you.
    People not playing TBC because of no boost = less characters in a leveling zone.
    People purchasing the boost = less characters in a leveling zone.

These are, by your own logic, the only options that exists, both resulting in the same thing.

<insert post about boosties using their hourly wages to justify purchasing the boost>

Path of least resistance, again, it's pretty fucking simple.
    Less than what? You are really confused at this point. You keep saying "less" but I ask again, less than what?

They will absolutely let you do this in time. And they will let ppl buy multiple 58 boosts too. But they are waiting for a moment where the people's consensus is "who cares?" and they don't get too much backlash.

In 1 year we have Draenei/BE boost, multiple 58 boosts, gold tokens and faction change. The consensus will be "who cares?" yet the playerbase will disappear mysteriously. Then Anti-Classic Andys can say "you think you did but you did not".
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2021-07-09 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not to disprove your point but it isn't all black and white.
    I never claimed it is, but when you add another option, it's no far fetched theory that less people will choose the initial option, especially when the other is the more efficient one.
    How do you make levelling so awesome that even ppl who hate levelling will level. A riddle to solve for somebody who will revolutionize MMOs maybe. Get rid of stats? Character levels? Item levels? Shroud it all in mystery again?
    Seems a pretty stupid assortment of rhetorical questions considering we are in the Classic forum, where "let's completely overhaul leveling" isn't an option due to nature of the product.
    -also on every alt
    -also if you are new and just want to catch up and play with friends
    -entirely
    -all 17 years of story
    -we all went through it in all 10 x-pacs and we all took at least 2 days...sometimes 10....in 2005 even 16 days /played
    -you will do it as well
    I am going to remind you once again that we are in the Classic forum and are discussing the impact of the TBC character boost on the amount of people present in the Classic leveling zones, where this is a pretty crucial factor due to existence of Elite quests and a lack of LFD.

Honestly, the very title of this thread should've been a giveaway.
    Less than what? You are really confused at this point. You keep saying "less" but I ask again, less than what?
    In the context of "the boost exists", it seems pretty obvious what "less people will be leveling characters" means.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-09 at 07:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    Youll get to boost one for wotlk prepatch , as be/dreanei are tbc 'content'
    Included with the Special Death Knight Pass of 49.99 $