Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It’s not stupid, right-wing culture of capitalism is why I prefer to watch anime over Murican tv/film.
    *squints*

Y'all realise that NGE is literally Hideaki Anno criticizing the commercialization and lack of realism in most mecha anime because the latter is mainly designed to sell toys, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Now that gamers have jobs and gotten older, do they tend to steer more to the right? Or is the anti-social justice movement in gaming by centrists too, which is as far left as you get with the States. I miss when the States weren't the dominant force in gaming. Asia appealed the nerds in all of us and didn't shove gun culture and patriotism and other bullshit down our throat.

It's gotten to the point where I don't really want to game anymore, as gamers are right-winged now... though the devs they unwittingly support are, like our teachers and professors, on the left.
    Maybe, just maybe, in the sense that all people tend to trend to the right as they age.

But there's no reason for gamers and devs to outperform the general trend.

Maybe you're just getting older and starting to notice more things on the periphery of the gaming experience, like expressed political opinions in streams and forums.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, in the sense that all people tend to trend to the right as they age.

But there's no reason for gamers and devs to outperform the general trend.

Maybe you're just getting older and starting to notice more things on the periphery of the gaming experience, like expressed political opinions in streams and forums.
    None of that is really true.

It's more so that the younger generation generally are more progressive and left-wing, a trend often repeated throughout history. Also, older people aren't more conservative per-se. They support what they supported when they were young which in some cases can mean that the older generation is more progressive and more left-wing than the younger generation whom, when a right-wing ideology gains traction, gets swept up in that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    right wingers don't play video games, they are on youtube making videos about how offended they are about video games and kids TV shows that they will never play or watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    None of that is really true.
    it's a generational issue more than anything, also something to consider is most left leaning voters are poor and working class. which leads them to dying younger than rich conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I remember in the lead up to the 2020 election that the trumpsters were out in full force in trade chat about how trump was going to win in a landslide.

Then they all swiftly shut up. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t still there, it’s just that Biden has been such a non-controversial president thus far they have nothing substantive to lash out about, save for the occasional rank concern trolling.
    Amazing, the difference an experienced politician can make, huh...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    To the OP, while I haven’t played much online for the past 6 months since I let my WoW Classic subscription die, I am 40 years old as of June and been playing online since the 90s and the days of Quake 2 and Tetrinet.

During the old days, politics wasn’t a part of it at all and wasn’t even brought up, but also, you didn’t have active voice or social chat back then.

Since the recent times where politics has become a part of everything which started around the time we had a half black man become president which turned the Republicans into seething closet racists and the extremes they pushed both in the chambers and the lies outside of it made things get pushed to the front. And even then, most of those who actively discussed things were against their actions and those who supported it remained silent until Trump took office and they thought that their ignorance was facts and their feelings reality. But even during the height of it, they were the minority even then as the majority who actually supported those views lacked the desire to play those types of social games.

When I stopped online games mostly around December, during the height of the Trumper troopers attacks on reality, the conservatives were still largely in the minority online for games I played. Maybe the congregate in the Call of Duty games or something where it’s all about you and your twitch reflexes are the most important things but when it came to group games, I didn’t largely see them.
    But a very loud minority. Trade chat for a while was full throated support for Trump the Magnificent and sticking it to the libs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that gamers have jobs and gotten older, do they tend to steer more to the right? Or is the anti-social justice movement in gaming by centrists too, which is as far left as you get with the States. I miss when the States weren't the dominant force in gaming. Asia appealed the nerds in all of us and didn't shove gun culture and patriotism and other bullshit down our throat.

It's gotten to the point where I don't really want to game anymore, as gamers are right-winged now... though the devs they unwittingly support are, like our teachers and professors, on the left.
    I'm 40. I have been gaming since I was 3 years old. I lean way more left than I do right. But if gaming has taught me anything through the stories told, it is nothing is black and white. I'd wager the majority of people are more centerists than being full bore one side or the other.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    it's a generational issue more than anything, also something to consider is most left leaning voters are poor and working class. which leads them to dying younger than rich conservatives.
    Not really, there is a reason they want to block colleges from voting. The working class and upper middle class actually vote Democrat mostly.

It’s the dirt poor white people and the ultra rich that go conservative. The dirt poor because they also end up being uneducated on the subject matter and the ultra rich because the conservative stuff allows them more control over their workers and less consequences for any abuses they want to do in pursuit of more money/power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    But a very loud minority. Trade chat for a while was full throated support for Trump the Magnificent and sticking it to the libs.
    Oh yeah, and when I would respond with facts that contradicted their feelings they would send me personal whispers insulting me and then putting me on ignore to keep from hearing facts they disliked.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Not really, there is a reason they want to block colleges from voting. The working class and upper middle class actually vote Democrat mostly.

It’s the dirt poor white people and the ultra rich that go conservative. The dirt poor because they also end up being uneducated on the subject matter and the ultra rich because the conservative stuff allows them more control over their workers and less consequences for any abuses they want to do in pursuit of more money/power.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and when I would respond with facts that contradicted their feelings they would send me personal whispers insulting me and then putting me on ignore to keep from hearing facts they disliked.
    Not sure that the OP was talking exclusively about US politics.

alright but there are other groups of poor people that aren't white lol.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    alright but there are other groups of poor people that aren't white lol.
    Yeah, and the poor white group has many who blame them for the issues and how hard they have to work while also trying to make it where they have no say in politics.

Remember that even the poor areas seem to largely segregate. And when you look at it, they want to keep minorities from voting along with the college educated.

They want to keep the ultra rich able to vote, they want to keep the ultra poor white communities voting, and they want to keep the old and retired communities who didn’t grow up in the world they created voting based on the world they grew up in and destroyed.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    This is a baseless lie scared conservatives tell themselves when they're losing the ideological battleground of ideas.

There is absolutely no identifiable correlation between aging and a more-conservative political outlook.

When I was younger I had some conservative views but then I got older and realized that I don't really care at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    When I was younger I had some conservative views but then I got older and realized that I don't really care at all.
    For me, I grew up watching Fox and actually believed many of the conservative stuff.

Then I graduated high school in 2000. Went to college and just learning the US tax code completely destroys one of the main pillars of conservative beliefs.

And I went for computer programming and learning about Net Neutrality all the way back in the Bush Jr era and watching the lies about it showed plenty. And between them, I wanted to learn more to see what else I was being lied to about, doubly so under Obama when I saw the GOP lose their minds and lying constantly and backing stuff that I had learned actually damaged us.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is kinda messier than usual, so I'll close it here.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."