Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    The second part, however, that's manipulation and gaslighting. Fiction tries to pull this a lot these days, there's a certain contempt for the audience that comes with creating these contrived scenarios in an attempt to make the audience feel bad for being conceited.
    Indeed. It's the literary equivalent of punching your opponent below the waist in a boxing contest. In the case of writing, it is a crutch that hack writers use when their characters cannot elicit any response from the audience on their own.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Of course no one is saying that that video is indicative of the general consensus in the entire community, but even MMO-Champion represents only 0.5% of the entire community. But when a Youtube video gets a negative like-dislike ratio, it doesn't matter how many people enjoyed the video and remained silent, Blizzard should ask themselves a couple of questions. Like-dislikes ratio exist for a reason; if it's a negative one, maybe they messed up somewhere in the writing.
    That's the thing though man you're missing from the early thread, that's exactly what was being said. That it WAS indicative of the general consensus....that's been the whole debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    He's going to "unmake reality" or whatever stupid shit. You know what that reminds me of? FF14... OH SHIT, THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING!

Zovaal is going to "unmake reality" and it's going to lead us to the launch of a new WoW MMO... right? Right?
    He's going to shrink reality so it will easily fit on mobile phones!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    If you didn't get your COVID shot it's probably too late now, you fool.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    That's the thing though man you're missing from the early thread, that's exactly what was being said. That it WAS indicative of the general consensus....that's been the whole debate.
    and that remains so. countless people have already told you why. and provided proof.
    you can deny or try to argue with the facts as long as you want, it doesnt change them.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    and that remains so. countless people have already told you why. and provided proof.
    you can deny or try to argue with the facts as long as you want, it doesnt change them.

And yet, I added more facts that you conveniently ignored because they don't support your views. Typical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What, you don't have a phone?

I pretty sure the devs are in their echo chambers and twitter, thinking the story was a success and everyone like it, so they don't care much about the dislikes in the video.

Which is still awesome btw, double dislikes is a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do you not have mobile phones?!

😂

And yet, I added more facts that you conveniently ignored because they don't support your views. Typical.

- - - Updated - - -

What, you don't have a phone?
    you havent added anything that disproves what everyone here told you before. and your "new facts" halso already been adressed.
    ofc videos from less popular channels wont get disliked into oblivion. a) because less people see them, and the ones who do are hardcore wow fanboys who watch those smaller channels b) bc they dont want to give that private content creator a dislike for blizz's bullshit

fact remains, on the official blizz video, the one with the largest and most diverse audience, the majority of people hate it. and even on the smaller channels videos, all of the top comments are negative.

but you are conveniently ignoring/denying these facts (and conveniently forget your own statement about it needing "time"), just bc you cant admit that you were wrong, plain and simple. which is kinda funny in its own way.
    case closed

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

you havent added anything that disproves what everyone here told you before. and your "new facts" halso already been adressed.
    ofc videos from less popular channels wont get disliked into oblivion. a) because less people see them, and the ones who do are hardcore wow fanboys who watch those smaller channels b) bc they dont want to give that private content creator a dislike for blizz's bullshit

fact remains, on the official blizz video, the one with the largest and most diverse audience, the majority of people hate it. and even on the smaller channels videos, all of the top comments are negative.

but you are conveniently ignoring/denying these facts (and conveniently forget your own statement about it needing "time"), just bc you cant admit that you were wrong, plain and simple. which is kinda funny in its own way.
    case closed
    Case not closed. You wanted to use 4k as enough of a sample size to speak for 10 million, but these smaller channels don't count because they don't get enough views? Those three videos i listed account for over 700k views buddy. Then, you wanna throw the term 'hardcore wow fanboys' for those channels but when I point out that places like this are where the hater community gathers to b*tch it's not a factor. You are no longer worth my time. Keep right on thinking you're right, and everyone believes as you do in your bubble.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Case not closed. You wanted to use 4k as enough of a sample size to speak for 10 million, but these smaller channels don't count because they don't get enough views? Those three videos i listed account for over 700k views buddy. Then, you wanna throw the term 'hardcore wow fanboys' for those channels but when I point out that places like this are where the hater community gathers to b*tch it's not a factor. You are no longer worth my time. Keep right on thinking you're right, and everyone believes as you do in your bubble.
    as i said, youre hella mad bc you were proven wrong (and its not just "my bubble, just look through the last few pages my dude lawl), and it really shows.
    and the hardcore fanboys are the ones who dont gather up to hate in a video. theyre the ones who'll praise anything blizz does until their death (just like you are doing rn btw). AND they are the ones who watch unofficial wow fan channels. casual players usually only watch the official blizz vid stuff, and not fan channels. thats why they are casuals.
    case closed, shut down and buried

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Who cares about likes and dislikes? We don't need those to know the cinematic was liquid shit.

For anyone defending it, here's a great article detailing just about everything wrong with Sylvanas' story. Couldn't have said it better myself.

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-war...ayers-hate-it/

Some quotes:
    [...]
    You can watch the cutscene above to see why players are so upset. But the gist of it is that Sylvanas just spent the last three years doing unspeakably evil things because she believed you had to crack a few eggs to make an omelette, but then loses all of that conviction at the last possible second for no real reason. The Jailer, the enigmatic archvillain of Shadowlands then foolishly refuses to finish off the only people who can actually stop him even though he has them at his mercy. And even though Sylvanas just shot an arrow at his head, he decides to give her soul back before disappearing through a portal to an unknown location that probably will remain a mystery until the next major update.
    [...]
    During Shadowland's main campaign, Sylvanas and The Jailer capture the other big heroes from Azeroth and try to enslave them to do their bidding. Only one attempt is ultimately successful, and the human king Anduin is turned into a mindless thrall that The Jailer uses to start collecting what basically amounts to Marvel's Infinity Stones. During a cutscene where Sylvanas and Anduin talk about her plans, it's clear she feels a little bad about enslaving Anduin against his will. After all, back in Warcraft 3 the Lich King killed and enslaved Sylvanas and turned her into the undead Banshee she is now. Fun fact about that, by the way, it turns out that The Jailer is the one who created the artifacts that corrupted the Lich King in the first place—the same artifacts he then used to kill Sylvanas. She also knows this and doesn't seem troubled by it, for some inexplicable reason.

At the same time, it feels a little weird that all of a sudden she's starting to develop a conscience. Like, you committed genocide and started a continent-spanning war that nearly killed the planet but making pretty-boy Anduin do your chores is what's giving you second thoughts? You can start to see why players were growing anxious over where the story was heading. Was Blizzard going to try and redeem Sylvanas and have her switch sides at a crucial moment? Of course they were.
    [...]
    This is where some of Blizzard's worst writing all comes together in a rapid-fire combo. The Jailer, just short of total victory, can't resist gloating and rambling about how he's going to remake all of reality to serve him. Sylvanas looks at Anduin and has her predictable change of heart—but of course after the Jailer has already turned into an all-powerful god. She evidently realizes that maybe genocide and helping Satan weren't such a hot idea, so she knocks a flimsy arrow and shoots it at the Jailer's head and says "I will never serve."

Except that's exactly what she's been doing. This entire time. Is she really that stupid?
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-07-09 at 10:59 AM.

Tbh I didn't think the dislike ratio meant much for a while because crazy people were bombing every video the official channel was putting out regardless of quality for a while.

But it's become such a pattern, that they need to acknowledge something isn't working. And their lack of communication just causes the wrong people to get heat and results in our trust diminishing.

This cinematic was bad. The scenes were unusually clunky and the story points occurring weren't good either. I can tolerate a certain level of stupid/ rule of cool but this was a weak attempt at something more. I can't tell if the wrong few have too much power or the team is collectively out of touch with the fans and popular perception of the characters.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

To be fair the cinematic might have been received more positively if it wasn't like the 20th CGI cinematic revolving around Sylvanas, people are tired of this overexposed mascot.

Like why couldn't the Allied races intro be a CGI cinematic instead of those clunky cutscenes, was that too much to ask for from a multi-billionaire company?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I can't tell if the wrong few have too much power or the team is collectively out of touch with the fans and popular perception of the characters.
    Distancing myself a bit from the whole thing, I fear that's a bit of both coupled with not enough firepower to push for proper creative value. In these cases it's usually metrics that take over, content that's involvement agnostic able to engage and make sense even if you're not up to speed with the medium you're consuming.

aiiight, its out.
    and its 100% what literally everyone predicted.
    nothing surprising, nothing unexpected.
    I have watched this so many times now and I'm having questions...

Banshee Queen Sylvanas gets blasted with the rest of her soul.

Banshee Queen Sylvanas losses her banshee eyes but gains her high elven eyes.

Is Sylvanas now a living, and not undead?

Did Sylvanas now lose her banshee powers?

Or is the change of eyes just symbolism that she is now whole?
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Tbh I didn't think the dislike ratio meant much for a while because crazy people were bombing every video the official channel was putting out regardless of quality for a while..

I don't remember they bombing every video, and yet, event he shit quality cinematic of Garrosh got more likes than the good looking end raid cinematic with the "plot twist cliffhanger story"

clearly is not jut a bunch of crazy people disliking it. Like you said, what they are doing lately isn't working.

It doesn't mean TOO much but this is the first cinematic in a while where I've seen the general public so to speak (IE, not just current WoW players invested in the story) shitting on it, like on other sites that aren't WoW centric. It's really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It doesn't mean TOO much but this is the first cinematic in a while where I've seen the general public so to speak (IE, not just current WoW players invested in the story) shitting on it, like on other sites that aren't WoW centric. It's really bad.
    Its because people dont actually care what happens in the game story. They saw Sylvanas as Hitler who genocided night elves (barely did that) and wanted to see him dead. Now that she is not dead they are not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I have watched this so many times now and I'm having questions...

Banshee Queen Sylvanas gets blasted with the rest of her soul.

Banshee Queen Sylvanas losses her banshee eyes but gains her high elven eyes.

Is Sylvanas now a living, and not undead?

Did Sylvanas now lose her banshee powers?

Or is the change of eyes just symbolism that she is now whole?
    They don't really look like High Elven eyes, they look more akin to Death Knight eyes with their cold blue glow. Probably neither, and just a visual effect showing the fundamental change due to whatever regaining that portion of her soul caused. She still appears to be undead, as well; except for the color of her eyes, her deathly pallor and physiology show no visible changes. Equally unknown as to where she is still technically a Banshee or has become another form of undead being. For now, I'd say the glow is largely symbolic - and we'll have to rely on future story changes to see what if anything has changed about Sylvanas' nature otherwise.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Its because people dont actually care what happens in the game story. They saw Sylvanas as Hitler who genocided night elves (barely did that) and wanted to see him dead. Now that she is not dead they are not happy.
    No I think a lot of people just think the writing in these cutscenes is very poor.