Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This reached peak Blizzard writing. Because on one hand it's pretty much precisely what I thought would happen, i.e.:
    1. Sylvanas surviving
    2. Sylvanas getting reunited with the "good" part of her soul
    3. Her decision to go the lol-redemption path being related to her newfound feelings towards Blanduin
    4. The raid ending with Zovaal's victory, particularly with him finishing his Infinity Gauntlet
    5. Zovaal getting his core back and the reveal that the Arbiter was some kind of usurper.
    6. Lol-redeemed Sylvanas being set up to be the next Kerrigan (justice demands yadda yadda, but she's the only one who knows what the Jailer plans next, so she will lead the charge with the power of her new fiery wings blues eyes)

Yet on the other hand it still managed to surprise me with how pathetic, ridiculous and, in a way (not one planned by Blizzard), hilarious the execution of it actually turned out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Why though? Her character was shit in Cataclysm, this is basically Blizzard explaining why she turned into such a mustache-twirler instead of carrying that bad plotline to the end.

A lot of the lore lately has been Blizzard "fixing" Cataclysm.
    This was never needed to explain that. Her "death" at Icecrown was more than enough motivation.

Stop defending this.

I liked it a lot.
    Jailer uses a portal with fractal patterns. The new broker documents talk about a 7th cosmological force and refers to it as fractals.
    Also, I think it's clear that it's Sylvanas' fragmented soul being given back to her. And, though I've mentioned this before months ago, what if Forsakens' cursed existence IS cursed due to their souls being fragmented and incomplete? Sylvanas getting hers back could mean the Forsaken being able to get their back too, and finally solve their accursed existence which has been dragged on with no resolution for so many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow they actually did something good with a character for once. Having the good part of her soul have to deal with all the batshit evil genocide stuff *could* be interesting. Hopefully the infinity ball thing gives the Jailer a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    in-lore (if one can call this even "lore" anymore)? yes.
    but in reality? in the real world? no. not at all. because arthas's design was created DECADES before da jailer.
    and thats what counts here. the jailer design is a lazy arthas copy
    That doesn't change anything though. Knowing Jailer predates Lich King who the Jailer eventually creates makes Arthas the knock off. Just because we saw it first doesn't change anything. Going that route only changes the narrative to the way you want it to be so that you can dislike it even more.

Seeing something later doesn't make it the knockoff if it was what your "original" was based off of.

I mean it makes perfect sense that is what he looks like and not sure how you'd expect anything else considering what his army looks like along with his "Lich Kings".

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    It's the double twist up.
    Sylvanas gets back to being a high elf and joins the Alliance after saving Anduin, and everything is pardoned, as Dickmann said.

It takes a particular kind of courage to take a whole character arc and invalidate it to this level, Danuser has to be commended for this.
    I raise you, the Doctor. He goes from random mad man with a box, who spends several seasons running from his death before being forced to face it and having his companion learn how to save him. Then we find out he shouldn't have died in the first place because they had unlimited regens and the time lords couldn't have granted the doctor anymore... Oh and is from an entire other universe etc. The Doctor went from mad man in a box to basically an actual god.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Wow they actually did something good with a character for once. Having the good part of her soul have to deal with all the batshit evil genocide stuff *could* be interesting. Hopefully the infinity ball thing gives the Jailer a personality.
    you dont honestly think any deep "guilt" conflict for her will come out of this, do you?
    blizz is incapable of writing something like that
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Jailer became Thanos, was kinda cool to see. He actually looks awesome as f**k now instead of being an evil bald man lol
    It did kinda seem like they wanted to recreate the Loki-Thanos scene...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Who cares about her impending internal turmoil - countless died or their souls were horrifically tortured in this world and the next cause of her... miss me with this shit blizzard.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-07-07 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Why though? Her character was shit in Cataclysm, this is basically Blizzard explaining why she turned into such a mustache-twirler instead of carrying that bad plotline to the end.

A lot of the lore lately has been Blizzard "fixing" Cataclysm.
    Your opinions are just that. This shit is indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yet on the other hand it still managed to surprise me with how pathetic, ridiculous and, in a way (not one planned by Blizzard), hilarious the execution of it actually turned out to be.
    Just imagine Bolvar bonking her over the head with his hammer. Right there, as she passed out, her head comically collapsing.

How is an undead banshee passing out by the way. Has the choking paid off? Did Tyrande actually win?
    ...is this a plot twist?

Two weeks ago, Ion said this to Asugamers:

"The encounter that has been crafted at the end of the Raid - I think it's epic,” Ion continues. “It’s on a scale that exceeds the vast majority of what we've ever tried to pull off in past Raids. And there is a combination that I can't spoil, but I am looking forward to seeing the community discuss and dissect as they try to figure out what's next for her."

The Community: "We've dissected and discussed it. This sucks donkey balls, Ion."

Glancing at all the Wow sites...yeah. Nobody really likes it or cares. They're just tired of Slyvanas, and the piss poor writing.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2021-07-07 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That doesn't change anything though. Knowing Jailer predates Lich King who the Jailer eventually creates makes Arthas the knock off. Just because we saw it first doesn't change anything. Going that route only changes the narrative to the way you want it to be so that you can dislike it even more.

Seeing something later doesn't make it the knockoff if it was what your "original" was based off of.

I mean it makes perfect sense that is what he looks like and not sure how you'd expect anything else considering what his army looks like along with his "Lich Kings".
    uhm, no?
    actually, explaining it away, like you are doing, changes the narrative to the way you want it to be so that you can like it.
    fact is, arthas design existed before the jailers.
    and the jailers design was created while looking at a picture of arthas. which makes the jailer the knock off.

in lore, they can OF COURSE always say its the other way around. but same as with maldraxxus and the scourge, or torghast and ICC, the "knock offs" in lore are the original design in reality.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

This cinematic would have been so much better if Zovaal restored Sylvanas's soul then had Anduin impale her with Kingsmourne. Restore her original soul then immediately kill her. Otherwise its as others have said basically Zovaal is Thanos and just because Sylvanas is good now does not absolve her of war crimes.

Can't wait for Sylvanas to bust out of jail with her infinite dragon friend, and go back in time on azeroth in a parallel universe. Start the Iron Quel'Dorei and kick off the new xpac with the invasion of one zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Is it too much to ask that blizzard will grow a pair and bolvar will just shatter her skull?

Giving someone their feelings back doesn't absolve you of all the atrocities you've committed, the unspeakable horrors you've let loose upon this world, and the dark, ancient powers you've enslaved.
    But they didn't just "Give her feelings back." . They basically took a separate entity that might as well be an identical twin at this point and shoved them together. Essentially there's a situation where if you don't punish her then the guilty go free. If you do punish her, the innocent gets punished.

Hahahaha oh WoW, I expected the bad but this was the ugly and then some. Every single theme and idea behind that cinematic was hollow, every single line was bad, every single decision made was utterly stupid, to me this has reached "Draenor iz free" levels of ridiculous writing.

I'm not even mad or anything, I 100% expected the muh redemption treatment and for Sylvanas to come across as a complete idiot, but they went above and beyond the call with it.

Now I kinda want to know what happens next just to see exactly how braindead this storyline gets. Something tells me we haven't even seen rock bottom yet.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

If Sylvanas had only her evil outside, how in gods name does she ever felt remorse at all?

On a serious note I haven't watched it yet. Just reading all the comments. I'll give a better opinion afterwards. But! For now it is the manatees.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    This cinematic would have been so much better if Zovaal restored Sylvanas's soul then had Anduin impale her with Kingsmourne. Restore her original soul then immediately kill her. Otherwise its as others have said basically Zovaal is Thanos and just because Sylvanas is good now does not absolve her of war crimes.
    No, this actually is in the character of Zovaal. He genuinely believes everyone is an asshole with no redeeming qualities. Everyone wants to hurt everyone else, wants to get full revenge over the smallest of slights. By putting an otherwise innocent soul into the guilty body of Sylvanas, he genuinely thinks Bolvar, Thrall, Jaina and Tyrande are going to beat, torture and in the end kill Sylvanas knowing so much there's an innocent soul in there (Souls are their own entity) and that they would get even more satisfaction from it.

Also, what's with all the domination magic runes on Jailer's original gimp suit? Didn't he reverse engineer that shit only after the rest of the Eternal Ones banished him to the Maw and sealed him with said magic? And event then he needed to capture Primus to craft him the runic weapons and armor for him at first?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-07-07 at 07:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Oi @Super Dickmann! Haul your ass over here! Comon man its redemption time!