Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love it! Great to have my warchief back <3!

Also the sweet tears of Sylvanas haters. Omnomnomnom. Lets hope they don't change any future content for her because of some internet complains.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    TBH he probably wrote that because of the death threats tweet. IRL harrassment like that crosses too many lines.
    Yes, this is just gross. Almost as bad as people sending death threats to the actor of John Walker in FatWS.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I don't get where people are seeing the redemption? Where the fuck is it, huh?

I bet people would say redemption no matter what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LOL

so they destroyed more than half of the lore for this shitty villain just to redeem Suelvanas???

WoW... just WoW.

btw, Golden just got death threats https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...90488973021184

Metzen finds her creative LMFAO https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...20322449223687
    You think death threat is fine? And yes, she is very creative and I love her stories despite never meeting her once, now imagine Metzen who has worked with her personally, he would definitely know how talented she is. It is not her fault blizzard wants her to write a pathetic excuse of a character.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LOL

so they destroyed more than half of the lore for this shitty villain just to redeem Suelvanas???

WoW... just WoW.

btw, Golden just got death threats https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...90488973021184

Metzen finds her creative LMFAO https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...20322449223687
    Surely you're not cheering for an author of video game stories getting death threats, are you?

LOL, sylvanas is left alive so she can tell players "I know where Jailer went and you need my help to defeat him!"

For someone who gets triggered by the word “Serve..” I guess it doesn’t matter as long as they serve her?

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla 2.0 confirmed.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    I don't get where people are seeing the redemption? Where the fuck is it, huh?

I bet people would say redemption no matter what happened.
    I dont know what happens after the cinematic plays, as I'm not subbed anymore, but there does seem to be a setup there. Her becoming whole again can lead into a self reflection type situation. Along with her teaming up with us again because "You need me alive...only I know what Zovaal's plans are". Which leads into her battling with us and gaining some type of sympathy from the faction leaders because "she was not her true self when she did everything" bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    Surely you're not cheering for an author of video game stories getting death threats, are you?
    Tbf these are just empty threats on the internet. Nothing to worry about. Just report them and move on.

I expected it to be bad and I'm still disappointed. This is not even good by fan fiction standards.

The current story is so bad that it has me reflecting on what Warcraft really is as a setting, as a franchise, what it was and why, and what it has become. In the beginning, all there really was was this blank slate pastiche of Tolkien literature, D&D culture and tabletop Warhammer - and it was perfectly designed for the mind of the person who was totally into all of those things.

But think for a moment about what kinds of stories are lent to Warcraft from its inspirations. Parties of adventurers synergizing their skills to raid a forgotten crypt, liberating a town from a corrupt lord, huge wars between neighboring kingdoms, slaying dragons and becoming a hero, to me THAT, is what the high fantasy genre has always been about. Those are the primordial narratives that Warcraft emerged from, and the very gameplay experience WC1 and WoW both tried to capture.

And what the fuck do we have now? It is like a young adult novel that was written by someone who's only exposure to literature was watching Avengers: Infinity War. The very concept of storytelling seems to be lost on whoever is in charge of the story, they are fundamentally missing the entire point. It is like, if a writing team took over the 50 Shades of Grey franchise and replaced all the sex scenes with investment advice.. and the advice is bad!

So, I'm taking a cue from my homie Garrosh, the sunk cost fallacy of like 15 years playing this game was really only thing keeping me engaged. But the quality of the storytelling is so bad that I literally do not recognize the game I used to love anymore. End cutscene cinematics used to get me fucking hyped up, now they just make me sad.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-07-07 at 07:19 AM.

It is plainly obvious and i'm pretty sure i could have won bingo if i tried beforehand.

But how is it badly written? For someone who casually enjoys the lore it seemed a bit naive of her but made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    It is plainly obvious and i'm pretty sure i could have won bingo if i tried beforehand.

But how is it badly written? For someone who casually enjoys the lore it seemed a bit naive of her but made sense.
    Genocidal banshee queen serves Jailer since Cataclysm, suddenly has a change of heart because (Presumably) Nathanos was killed - and even if not that, then what? It isn't coherent at all. There is no explanation for this (As far as I am aware of) and how she is changing.

Something tells me 9.3 will center around the after-math of these events as we transition into a new expansion, explaining why Sylvanas (Hopefully, anyways) had started feeling this way and no longer a drone to killing everything for him. If it's as simple as her torn soul influencing her change, that's - fine, alright. But I don't know why Blizzard has to do backwards-forwards story telling all the time.

Do a thing, no justification for a thing, but wait awhile and suddenly you know why now - even if it is well after the fact, and makes no damn sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    While I agree the Sylvanas shit was predictable and bad...

Zovaal...ahahaha...

I love this fucking guy. Holy shit.

>>>> Sargeras Pog
    Another edgeskullspikeevilarmordarklord yeah

Like his maw-edgeskull soldiers but bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

For someone who gets triggered by the word “Serve..” I guess it doesn’t matter as long as they serve her?
    I keep forgetting how... unusual... the art is in this comic

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evGkiiUac2M

aiiight, its out.
    and its 100% what literally everyone predicted.
    nothing surprising, nothing unexpected.
    So is sylvannas good again?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Genocidal banshee queen serves Jailer since Cataclysm, suddenly has a change of heart because (Presumably) Nathanos was killed - and even if not that, then what? It isn't coherent at all. There is no explanation for this (As far as I am aware of) and how she is changing.

Something tells me 9.3 will center around the after-math of these events as we transition into a new expansion, explaining why Sylvanas (Hopefully, anyways) had started feeling this way and no longer a drone to killing everything for him. If it's as simple as her torn soul influencing her change, that's - fine, alright. But I don't know why Blizzard has to do backwards-forwards story telling all the time.

Do a thing, no justification for a thing, but wait awhile and suddenly you know why now - even if it is well after the fact, and makes no damn sense.
    Isn't it easily explained with her damaged/incomplete soul that happend with Frostmourne (hinted at with the Uther arc)? And the throwback to Arthas that snapped her out?
    Predictable but coherent imo.

Heheh, as you've betrayed me, let me just *shuffles deck* give you your soul back ! So that I'm sure you'll fully cooperate with the people who want to defeat me in next patch

That... doesn't make any ounce of sense

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to write FUCK this, yeah we all expected it, but we really hoped they won't be THAT shit bad
    they are
    seriously if they make a video of Danasur giving us middle finger while hugging his Sylvannas waifu pillow (yes he actually has one) i would feel less insulted, at least i'd still hope they just fucking end her instead of kerrigan her
    for FUCK sake how the FUCK u redeem a MORALLY GREY character like her? joke aside does blizz REALLY think what happened in Teldrassil is morally grey!? Is burning alive innocent civilians women and children cool as long they aren't humans?
    what the FUCK really? is blizz that idiot? they do know that 99% of fan base wants her dead right? the 1% left will follow any goth chick since no way they like her character because they change her character every exp (sometimes twice same exp), the only thing Sylvanas has constant is her look

My expectation were low but holy fuck i really was still expecting a better treatment than this to us
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    You think death threat is fine?
    Ofc not lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    Ofc I'm not cheering.

Writers are shit but even they don't deserve to die.

There are simply talentless people out there and you can't blame them I guess.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-07-07 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnightRum View Post
    So is sylvannas good again?
    He was all the time good just like Illidan and all those innocent who happen to die well too bad for them