Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I didn't think the dislike ratio meant much for a while because crazy people were bombing every video the official channel was putting out regardless of quality for a while.

But it's become such a pattern, that they need to acknowledge something isn't working. And their lack of communication just causes the wrong people to get heat and results in our trust diminishing.

This cinematic was bad. The scenes were unusually clunky and the story points occurring weren't good either. I can tolerate a certain level of stupid/ rule of cool but this was a weak attempt at something more. I can't tell if the wrong few have too much power or the team is collectively out of touch with the fans and popular perception of the characters.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

To be fair the cinematic might have been received more positively if it wasn't like the 20th CGI cinematic revolving around Sylvanas, people are tired of this overexposed mascot.

Like why couldn't the Allied races intro be a CGI cinematic instead of those clunky cutscenes, was that too much to ask for from a multi-billionaire company?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I can't tell if the wrong few have too much power or the team is collectively out of touch with the fans and popular perception of the characters.
    Distancing myself a bit from the whole thing, I fear that's a bit of both coupled with not enough firepower to push for proper creative value. In these cases it's usually metrics that take over, content that's involvement agnostic able to engage and make sense even if you're not up to speed with the medium you're consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post

aiiight, its out.
    and its 100% what literally everyone predicted.
    nothing surprising, nothing unexpected.
    I have watched this so many times now and I'm having questions...

Banshee Queen Sylvanas gets blasted with the rest of her soul.

Banshee Queen Sylvanas losses her banshee eyes but gains her high elven eyes.

Is Sylvanas now a living, and not undead?

Did Sylvanas now lose her banshee powers?

Or is the change of eyes just symbolism that she is now whole?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Tbh I didn't think the dislike ratio meant much for a while because crazy people were bombing every video the official channel was putting out regardless of quality for a while..

I don't remember they bombing every video, and yet, event he shit quality cinematic of Garrosh got more likes than the good looking end raid cinematic with the "plot twist cliffhanger story"

clearly is not jut a bunch of crazy people disliking it. Like you said, what they are doing lately isn't working.

It doesn't mean TOO much but this is the first cinematic in a while where I've seen the general public so to speak (IE, not just current WoW players invested in the story) shitting on it, like on other sites that aren't WoW centric. It's really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It doesn't mean TOO much but this is the first cinematic in a while where I've seen the general public so to speak (IE, not just current WoW players invested in the story) shitting on it, like on other sites that aren't WoW centric. It's really bad.
    Its because people dont actually care what happens in the game story. They saw Sylvanas as Hitler who genocided night elves (barely did that) and wanted to see him dead. Now that she is not dead they are not happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I have watched this so many times now and I'm having questions...

Banshee Queen Sylvanas gets blasted with the rest of her soul.

Banshee Queen Sylvanas losses her banshee eyes but gains her high elven eyes.

Is Sylvanas now a living, and not undead?

Did Sylvanas now lose her banshee powers?

Or is the change of eyes just symbolism that she is now whole?
    They don't really look like High Elven eyes, they look more akin to Death Knight eyes with their cold blue glow. Probably neither, and just a visual effect showing the fundamental change due to whatever regaining that portion of her soul caused. She still appears to be undead, as well; except for the color of her eyes, her deathly pallor and physiology show no visible changes. Equally unknown as to where she is still technically a Banshee or has become another form of undead being. For now, I'd say the glow is largely symbolic - and we'll have to rely on future story changes to see what if anything has changed about Sylvanas' nature otherwise.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Its because people dont actually care what happens in the game story. They saw Sylvanas as Hitler who genocided night elves (barely did that) and wanted to see him dead. Now that she is not dead they are not happy.
    No I think a lot of people just think the writing in these cutscenes is very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    No I think a lot of people just think the writing in these cutscenes is very poor.
    99% of the negative comments have been about sylvanas and the fact that she might be getting some sort of redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    99% of the negative comments have been about sylvanas and the fact that she might be getting some sort of redemption.
    I mean, it's almost like this cinematic is about Sylvanas and her redemption. I mean, we can talk about how stylish the Janitor looks with that armor, but that doesn't make for a long discussion
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, it's almost like this cinematic is about Sylvanas and her redemption. I mean, we can talk about how stylish the Janitor looks with that armor, but that doesn't make for a long discussion
    Agreed. That armor is unimaginative and bland, and Zovaal was at least somewhat unique in his Xerxes-ish appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Agreed. That armor is unimaginative and bland, and Zovaal was at least somewhat unique in his Xerxes-ish appearance.
    I was praising the Janitor though At least he had the decency to put on some clothes and shoes, before he really looked like a hobo/vagabond.

Honestly, I wanted Sylvanas dead. But, in the end, I didn't expect the Jailer to give her the "good half" of her soul... so now I'm interested to see how they portray a "complete" Sylvanas.

Also, good to know that the Jailer can easily get Tier 8 DK set just by killing the Arbiter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Honestly, I wanted Sylvanas dead. But, in the end, I didn't expect the Jailer to give her the "good half" of her soul... so now I'm interested to see how they portray a "complete" Sylvanas.

Also, good to know that the Jailer can easily get Tier 8 DK set just by killing the Arbiter.
    I was, and still am, on the 'redemption by sacrifice' wagon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I was praising the Janitor though At least he had the decency to put on some clothes and shoes, before he really looked like a hobo/vagabond.
    What can I say, I dig that shabby chic look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I found the cinematic disappointing in that it wasn't the outcome I wanted - which, as I've never been one to mince words about, ideally ended with Sylvanas dead. I do think it's a bit early for everyone to get worked up over Sylvanas being redeemed and/or Sylvanas somehow becoming a Kerrigan expy. While either or both of these outcomes are certainly on the table, nothing about this cinematic confirms or assures either outcome. I don't want Sylvanas to have a redemption arc, much less become some kind of cosmic savior, but I'm forced to acknowledge the possibility no matter how distasteful I find it. At this point, I would prefer that Sylvanas use her newfound "completeness" to aid the heroes of Azeroth in their campaign against the Jailer, and then perhaps take her place in a rehabilitated Revendreth to atone for her many crimes in undeath, serving the penance she rightly deserves and fading from the limelight at long last. It is perhaps too much to hope for her utter annihilation at this point, but I do think she can be retired without adding the insult of a redemption/savior arc to the injury of her continued existence, as I see it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I was, and still am, on the 'redemption by sacrifice' wagon.
    Oh, absolutely. The mirroring of Kerrigan's history is so close now that I wouldn't be surprised if she turned into a golden banshee and flew into Zovaal to kill him.

-- Kerrigan served as a soldier for the Dominion | Sylvanas served as a ranger for the Quel'dorei
    -- Kerrigan gets killed by the Zerg | Sylvanas gets killed by the Scourge
    -- Kerrigan gets rezzed and corrupted by the Zerg | Sylvanas gets rezzed and corrupted by the Scourge
    -- Kerrigan goes on a killing spree | Sylvanas goes on a killing spree
    -- Kerrigan breaks from the Overlord and rules over a new Zerg faction | Sylvanas breaks from the Lich King and rules over a new Forsaken faction
    -- Kerrigan leads an army to kill Arctorus Mensk | Sylvanas leads an army to kill the Lich King
    -- Kerrigan gets rescued by Jimmy and becomes good again | Kerrigan gets "rescued" by Zovaal (sorta?) and becomes good(?) again(?)

Just gotta wait to see how Sylvanas' own Legacy of the Void story turns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Oh, absolutely. The mirroring of Kerrigan's history is so close now that I wouldn't be surprised if she turned into a golden banshee and flew into Zovaal to kill him.

-- Kerrigan served as a soldier for the Dominion | Sylvanas served as a ranger for the Quel'dorei
    -- Kerrigan gets killed by the Zerg | Sylvanas gets killed by the Scourge
    -- Kerrigan gets rezzed and corrupted by the Zerg | Sylvanas gets rezzed and corrupted by the Scourge
    -- Kerrigan goes on a killing spree | Sylvanas goes on a killing spree
    -- Kerrigan breaks from the Overlord and rules over a new Zerg faction | Sylvanas breaks from the Lich King and rules over a new Forsaken faction
    -- Kerrigan leads an army to kill Arctorus Mensk | Sylvanas leads an army to kill the Lich King
    -- Kerrigan gets rescued by Jimmy and becomes good again | Kerrigan gets "rescued" by Zovaal (sorta?) and becomes good(?) again(?)

Just gotta wait to see how Sylvanas' own Legacy of the Void story turns out.
    Actually.. Never even thought of comparing the two.. Hah..

Just imagine it from the perspective of some random, who hasn't read that Vereesa sidestory or even heard about it. From that perspective the writing is absolutely asinine, even if you like Sylvanas, with the soul thing being a last minute asspull out of left field. (Which it kind of is anyway, but frankly at this point that's been a cornerstone of Blizzard writing since like the end of Cataclysm)