Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    To be fair, that is consistent.

In Sylvannas mind's:

Killing people - OK
    Mind controlling them- Not OK.

She has shown no problem with people being killed, but taking the reins of someone's mind is where she drawns the line. Which does make sense with her character.

I do think the heel turn was badly handled (She looked too remorseful). But I suppose you can also say that her relation towards free will has been convoluted and shaky at best, and at worst, contraditory.
    Except that she slaughthered Forsakens when they showed free will, created skeletons which served mindlessly her at the Undercity battle and expect the same level of blind loyalty that Blue Man.

But i agree, this action is in lieu with what we know about Sylv. She is dumb idiot who cant foresee her actions consequences above 5 secs tops. Started with power slide into Arthas and was trainwreck from here on.

oh hey, Sylvanas turning on Jailor... guess I was right.

redemption arc inc. Still possible that she dies/sacrifices herself at the jailor fight.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-07-07 at 06:03 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the simping continues. So when is this going to be warcraft again instead of a sylvanas fanfic?

Its so bad I feel bad for you guys who still care.

I'm sure they will try to earn more brownie points by talking about how a mans chest and leather jacket 20 times in the next book.

I liked the bit where even the Jailer saw Sylvanas' inevitable betrayal coming a mile away, other than that... bloody hell, that was *awful*!

He's "leaving her to their mercy", which of course she'll get (Note how Tyrande was taken out of the equation in the Korthia intro cinematic, she would've taken her chance and Sylvanas' head), we'll be stuck following Sylvanas around for a while yet, right until the ham-fisted redemption Blizz obviously has planned for her...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    To be fair, that is consistent.

In Sylvannas mind's:

Killing people - OK
    Mind controlling them- Not OK.

She has shown no problem with people being killed, but taking the reins of someone's mind is where she drawns the line. Which does make sense with her character.

I do think the heel turn was badly handled (She looked too remorseful). But I suppose you can also say that her relation towards free will has been convoluted and shaky at best, and at worst, contraditory.
    Wtf are you talking about, she had a whole plan of mindcontrol/brainwash jania’s brother in BFA to turn him into a weapon. She frequently forces people to respawn as forsaken and mindless undead to be used against their own fellow countryman ashown in cata and bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    A turn of events that was predicted by the community at launch, but at least Sylvanas finally admits she's a fool. And Zovaal definitely isn't a 'titan' of thought.
    I predicted it was her 4D chess. Instead she didn't have any agency for the past five expansions. She's barely a character at all.

Imagine still liking the story... what a clown fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Imagine still liking the story... what a clown fiesta.

imagine caring about what some random stranger does or does not like on the internet. What a clown =)

I don't closely follow or care about the lore but I don't see whats so bad. Typical anti wow literally everything they do is trash comments aside, Jailer looked awesome AF in that armor. Cant wait to see what they do with him and Anduin in 9.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we get the epic tyrande v sylvanas cinematic which was pretty cool and now this? I have never felt more disappointed in the lore..

Sylvanas, you switch sides more often then anyone in the lore. For someone who have outsmarted half of azeroth you couldnt predict him turning evil? Really?

Why send 1 arrow? You burned down a whole damn tree with teldrassil for some reason and now you send 1 arrow infront of one of the most powerful thing there is?

This feels half done. The voices should be more when her soul got back after all shes done. And why did she even do it lol. Why go to the jailer in the first place then turn om him in a whim? You are a very confusing write down and makes absolutely no sense, no red line to follow and jump all over the place..

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    imagine caring about what some random stranger does or does not like on the internet. What a clown =)
    Imagine caring about what some random stranger posts or does not post on the internet.
    I will politely ignore being directly offended too.

I don't closely follow or care about the lore but I don't see whats so bad.
    Ok... that explains a lot...

Typical anti wow literally everything they do is trash comments aside, Jailer looked awesome AF in that armor.
    What it has to do with lore...?

Cant wait to see what they do with him and Anduin in 9.2.
    Yes. Jailer will probably have recolored armor in 9.2!

15+ Year Old Account
    What utter crap was it I just watched?

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just logged in after months to say this story is freaking awful. Calling this shit garbage is an insult to garbage!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yasss Queen!

Arthas took everything from her, but she never gave up and now she's taken everything back. I hope she becomes the new Queen of the blood elves.

I knew it will be terrible, but this is even worse than in my wildest dreams, thank god I have no more investment in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I like how she said she "will never serve" -- bitch, you've been serving him in secret since the end of WotLK and BLATANTLY serving him this whole expansion. I can't believe how awful the writing has gotten.
    If you're going to comment the usual "kekw bad writing" thing, at least try to make it seem as if you understand what's going on, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    I knew it will be terrible, but this is even worse than in my wildest dreams, thank god I have no more investment in wow
    You're invested enough to both watch this vid and also comment on it. You're cleary more invested than you think.

Addiction is real, I guess.
    Hi

The story is repeating and boring. NGL if blizz doesn't have Warcraft 4 OR a new WoW game(using a new engine to actually match current graphics expectations) in late testing stages they are pretty dumb at this point.
    Last edited by tentacular; 2021-07-07 at 06:50 AM.

Suylvanas is alive
    Sylvanas is an elf
    Sylvanas is alliance
    Sylvanas burned the tree
    Alliance burned the tree
    Aliance bad.
    I like !
    ^__________________________^

Awesome cinematic, love the course the story is taking. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Okay, I'm not the type of person to really overthink character motives in a cheesy over-the-top fantasy narrative, but this goes a bit far above believability for me.

Is Sylvanas just the single dumbest character in Warcraft history? The Jailer's entire course of actions so far have been to damn people to eternal torment, twist their souls until they have no choice but to serve him, and then destroy those who don't.
    What the fuck did she think was going to happen? You mean to tell me she never considered that, once she finished helping him achieve untold power, he might in fact want you to...you know, do what you've been doing? You know, serving him?

This is genuinely some of the worst writing I've seen in any media, let alone Warcraft. What the hell happened to this game's story...?
    She wanted her soul back, this is all part of her plan.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2021-07-07 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If you're going to comment the usual "kekw bad writing" thing, at least try to make it seem as if you understand what's going on, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

You're invested enough to both watch this vid and also comment on it. You're cleary more invested than you think.

Addiction is real, I guess.
    Haven't touched this excuse of an mmo since first moth of memelands, but keep projecting.
    MMO champion isn't just wow. And of course I will at least check out cutscenes after nearly two decades of playing this. What is your point, again?

But that is some premium copium, I guess.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]