Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tentacular View Post
    The story is repeating and boring. NGL if blizz doesn't have Warcraft 4 OR a new WoW game(using a new engine to actually match current graphics expectations) in late testing stages they are pretty dumb at this point.
    Not repetitive at all, actually. This time the ex-horde-warchief didn't get killed, nor did the allies get to gloat while at it. Furthermore, unlike in the previous expansions where the bad guy loses ground and key fights patch by patch, here the bad guy actually achieves his goals and becomes more powerful.

A refreshing change in story-telling, imo. Now we only need Sylvanas to be crowned the Queen of blood elves.

If the writers could stop self inserting themselves in the characters that would be great.
    We don't need every character to be completely dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tente View Post
    Suylvanas is alive
    Sylvanas is an elf
    Sylvanas is alliance
    Sylvanas burned the tree
    Alliance burned the tree
    Aliance bad.
    I like !
    ^__________________________^
    I hope you stretched before doing those mental gymnastics...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I agree that's SUPERB shit writing.

But, if I would try to find "logical explanation" - shes mortal now. So....? Maybe his plan was to leave her to "us" to finish her off?
    Keep in mind that by giving her soul back and him withdrawing like that it means Sylvanas is way weaker than and can't use the domination magic anymore he just humiliated her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    That was burning garbage but I'll admit the part where she hears everyone's voice saying 'serve' was cool.
    Why didn't she hear those voices before... she was serving Jailer all this time and just now she heard them? So stupid.

Honestly i kinda liked it.

But i understand why people don't. Blizz has been running around basically screaming "no redemption" and whatnot. But they never outright SAID that i think. At least they implied it.

Also another freaking cliffhanger that did resolve literally nothing AT ALL. We could have not been there and nothing would change, too. Like.... wtf? Why is Blizz so obsessed with not giving any resolutions or answers. We still have no freaking clue why anyone is doing anything, no?

This is not a redemption Arc people...

If Sylvanas got his soul back, the old Sylvanas is basically dead, right? There's no point on hating her anymore, she's not even the same person anymore.

Right now she is exactly the same person that faced Arthas defending her homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    Why didn't she hear those voices before... she was serving Jailer all this time and just now she heard them? So stupid.
    It's pretty human behaviour to recall stuff depending on situation. Not saying it's good writing... but it's not odd for a character to have a realisation.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    This is not a redemption Arc people...

If Sylvanas got his soul back, the old Sylvanas is basically dead, right? There's no point on hating her anymore, she's not even the same person anymore.

Right now she is exactly the same person that faced Arthas defending her homeland.
    Nope. She has experience and memories of everything that came after fall of Silvermoon back in WC3.

Remember, the Sylvanas we have been dealing with since TFT is now gone. She has just had her soul mended, reunited. This is the original Sylvanas Windrunner, the Ranger-General.

10+ Year Old Account
    The video has been unlisted...hahaha
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Remember, the Sylvanas we have been dealing with since TFT is now gone. She has just had her soul mended, reunited. This is the original Sylvanas Windrunner, the Ranger-General.
    And another nope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    The video has been unlisted...hahaha
    Well I guess this is because of raid has just opened, and many people left who want to experience this cinematic in-game. But like/dislike ratio is telling, no amount of fake praise will hide ugly writing.

Wow that was stupid and made no sense at all. Did she only just now realize he's a villain? And I guess she has her "goodness" now
    They couldnt have went with a worse ending.
    Especcially with the implication that she's going to be ignored and/or bullied by the "hero" characters which just means we're going to have to deal with poor Sylv being treated mean before she ultimatly saves us all showing how good she is to do this despite her "treatment"

if you ignore the sylvanas part in all of this i like it that the jailer is winning right now (like thanos in infinity war) and the heroes have to find some solution to stop it. much better as winning all the time you know?
    also the sylvanas "i dont serve" sentence gets alot of ppl angry, i think you have to look at it from another perspective. her goal was to help zooval reach his goal so she can be free (or everyone can be free), like a rebellion against the regime as it is, so sylvanas feels betrayed when zovaal shows his real plan and wants to rule over everybody. i mean my unborn son could forsee that this will happen but the viewer is always smarter then the ppl in the story.. i just hope they dont redeem sylvanas.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So 17 years of story and character development is out the window so that Sylvanas can get away with what she done, and the explanation to how it is even possible is in a tie in book. Ah hell. I mean I kinda knew this will happen since parts of the fairy tale book were leaked, but this is still amazingly bad.

Sylvanas survived, couldn't ask for more ...

After this I expect 9.2 to be around Icecrown and raid will be a reboot of Icecrown Citadel with The Jailer at the throne using Arthas soul to fuse all realities. Half the bosses will be old enemies empowered by the maw and we will fight them eith the help of dragonflights. They will use their powers to summon an entity called Captain Blizzard to fight The Jailer. When we defeat him we will be transported temporarily to dragon isles because reasons and then go back to Azeroth.

Christ that was actually garbage. I am sick of the mary sue writing. They either Tabula Rasa'd her meaning she has no memories. MEANING THE MULTIPLE GENOCIDES ARE SWEPT UNDER THE RUG!!!
    Or all the heroes are going to suck on her being all like "Sylvanus waifu sama only you know Jailer's plan."

There are so many illogical things too. Did she only just realize the Jailer is evil? He is imprisoned in literal effing hell.
    Wtf is with Anduin? They never really explain it is it Arthas just tesla cruise controlling him?
    Where did he go? Again show don't tell SIMPLE FREAKING RULES OF WRITING BTW!

This whole effing expansion is just a plot devise for making Sylvanus alive again, whilst she genocided people with chains that made no sense.

Yeah N'Zoth "died" awfully to make sure your dead waifu is alive.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    if you ignore the sylvanas part in all of this i like it that the jailer is winning right now (like thanos in infinity war) and the heroes have to find some solution to stop it. much better as winning all the time you know?
    also the sylvanas "i dont serve" sentence gets alot of ppl angry, i think you have to look at it from another perspective. her goal was to help zooval reach his goal so she can be free (or everyone can be free), like a rebellion against the regime as it is, so sylvanas feels betrayed when zovaal shows his real plan and wants to rule over everybody. i mean my unborn son could forsee that this will happen but the viewer is always smarter then the ppl in the story.. i just hope they dont redeem sylvanas.
    Well yeah, I guess so. Making deals with an evil death god is never a good idea. And I think even the Evil Overlord list prohibits partnering up with entities stronger than you. All the power Sylvanas has is from the Jailer so just shooting one sad arrow at him will do fuck all.
    But on the other hand in this universe we have people making deals with Kil'Jaeden the Deceiver, probably thinking his nickname was given to him by his bullies in Eredar school. Spoilers: It wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentVeteran View Post
    Christ that was actually garbage. I am sick of the mary sue writing. They either Tabula Rasa'd her meaning she has no memories. MEANING THE MULTIPLE GENOCIDES ARE SWEPT UNDER THE RUG!!!
    Or all the heroes are going to suck on her being all like "Sylvanus waifu sama only you know Jailer's plan."
    Sylavanas: I will give you this cool bow if you let me live!
    Player: Yo, Garrosh! Is a bow a proper weapon for an arms warrior?
    Garrosh: Nope.
    Player: Sorry, lady. You are dead. Even more dead.

I know in contrast Garrosh looks saintly. I honestly think the last good character they have done is Garrosh, a decent arc but utterly wasted only to be a plot device in hell.