Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If you're going to comment the usual "kekw bad writing" thing, at least try to make it seem as if you understand what's going on, at least.
    Buddy, it seems like you're the one who doesn't know what's going on. Sylvanas has canonically been serving the Jailer since she threw herself from the top of Icecrown in the "Edge of Night" short story...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am hearing some of the writers have already received death threats. One being Christie Golden I think if anyone who still plays WoW who gets this angry about it that they gotta vent in this way, please fuck off. Sending death threats to writers because you are not liking the story isn't going to make the story any better. Quit the game and go play something you enjoy instead. Get some help while youa re at it.

ITs people like this that give those with valid criticisms no voice because we get lumbered with those asshats.
    Usually when you hear about "death threats" it is an anon account on twitter posting something like "I wish the WoW writers would just die already" which is of course not a death threat at all. But that doesn't stop it from being reported on as one.

Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

What a time to be alive.

I liked it. From the look to Anduin where it could be contemplated that she looked back on their conversation to now seeing the Jailer is so much similar to the Lich King than she was willing to admit. Instead of freeing people from death like she thought, he is still going to enslave those who don’t agree with him.
    Her rebellious nature about how she will not serve anyone, which again cements how she now sees Zorvaal as the same as LK.
    The part where he gave her back her splintered soul. All the years where she justified any questionable plots and/or evils she committed to now come crashing down on her all at once.
    On top of that, being left to her enemies after being stripped of her newly acquired power and crushed under the weight of her actions.
    I’m not saying she deserves a redemption, or that she will even get one, but so far her fate seems pretty justified.
    As I’ve stated in other threads, Blizzard might not be award winning writers; but they’re not exactly the dumpster fire writers people keep spewing off about.

I have couple of things that I like here, but overall I simply cannot shake the feeling of watching one big cliche. And the big bad "chaining" heroes/important NPC's is seriously starting to get old.

Even the Jailer hates the Shadowlands. The first thing he did with his powers it is to leave that place!

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    i doubt that. People think eye color is the definition of a race... she was killed, she is dead, undead... cant become a high elf just because she got her soul back. (i mean shes a high elf undead and has always been...)
    Forsaken characters themselves have several different eye colors too (even blue)... i dont think it has anything to do with their origin race considering most forsaken (if not all) are considered to be Lordaeron citizen.

What i think this means more is that shes no longer capable of doing all the banshee things which was a special power given to her by Arthas, not all undead are banshees but all banshee are undead, and now that shes more akin to a regular undead she wont have such powers anymore, thats why the jailer left her in the hands of the mortals.

Like look at Nathanos, one of the greatest human rangers in the lore and he didnt have any banshee style abilities... i bet Sylvanas is just like him now. Still undead but just less spectral due to her soul being intact again. (as opposed to Uther whos soul remains split, the early shadowlands cutscenes gave us a good glimpse of whats it like to have your soul split by the frostmourne, the emotional toll and how it changes you... sylvanas had that experience but unlike uther she was reanimated before the shadowlands trip began back in WC3)

Ofcourse i could be wrong but it would be really weird writing if sylvanas somehow was "cured" of being undead and became a living high elf again...
    Her eyes looked like Anduin's mind-control eyes... but that wouldn't make any sense.

And I don't know where the "cured from undead" bit would come from, but he removed the banshee / twisted soul that Arthas did, for sure. If the Jailer is going to create his own reality or reshape reality, making her not undead would certainly be in the realm of possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I mean, he obviously intended for Thrall, Bolvar and Elsa to kill her for eveything she's done
    But honestly. This man took his leave and left behind the PERSON THAT KNOWS MOST OF HIS PLANS BEHIND hoping she dies

That's Dr.Evil levels of stupid

And we know she's not going to fucking die.We'll probably have to farm reputation with Sylvanas or some shit in 9.2 lmao
    Lore-wise, us knowing his plan wouldn't matter. We would have no way to stop him, as proven by him insta-chaining all the Horde/Alliance leaders present.

Game-wise, we'll stop him because reasons.

But on top of all of that, Sylvanas obviously didn't know his plans, given once he said what his real plan was she attacked him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    "don't let him reach the.... the.... "
    Obvious follow up from the Azshara "the true throne of power" thing from BFA.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkuman View Post
    After this I expect 9.2 to be around Icecrown and raid will be a reboot of Icecrown Citadel with The Jailer at the throne using Arthas soul to fuse all realities. Half the bosses will be old enemies empowered by the maw and we will fight them eith the help of dragonflights. They will use their powers to summon an entity called Captain Blizzard to fight The Jailer. When we defeat him we will be transported temporarily to dragon isles because reasons and then go back to Azeroth.
    Holy Jebus - don't give them ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Coul also be Nathanos' soul that was used. Afaik he is still unaccounted for. You are right though, there is no reason that the Jailer should have her soul, unless the souls of everyone that Frostmourne killed were send to the maw and only Uther got the super special treatment. Otherwise her soul should have been wherever she got sorted and her original final destination shouldn't be anywhere near the maw, as she had done nothing wrong by that time. Or they tracked it down and no one noticed how a coule mawsworn took a soul from another afterlife. The parts from Frostmourne should definitely be freed though, as that is what happened at the end of the LK cinematic. We even had Devos and Uther being there, they should have noticed if they got sucked straight into the maw. No matter how I look at it, the chain of events suffers from a special kind of stupid due to the forced writing. I mean why would she be suddenly alive just because her soul is back, it that is all it took, why is there even a fucking afterlife.
    After Frostmorne was shattered and the souls escaped, where do you think they went, exactly?

Hint: the Shadowlands, where all souls go.

This is really, really simple stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not surprised at all by this. She’ll get a stern talking to, but that’s all. Then she’ll be the key to the next or final patch. Super keen to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Just when you thought Blizzard's writers can't possibly be shit enough to pull Kerrigan 2.0 with Sylvanas, not after years of ridicule and criticism about the idea, BLAM.
    The Kerrigan comparison isn't entirely valid. People sympathised with Kerrigan because she got betrayed by her own people and exacting revenge on the actual perpetrator. Sylvanas is merely a casualty of war, like countless others. It's tragic, but her story isn't anymore tragic than the rest, it's just that she's making a big deal about it and uses it to justify her own atrocities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Usually when you hear about "death threats" it is an anon account on twitter posting something like "I wish the WoW writers would just die already" which is of course not a death threat at all. But that doesn't stop it from being reported on as one.
    Knowing how toxic the WoW community is and how things have happened like this before (Look at the Last of Us 2" outrage). I don't think its past the point of exaggeration especially considering the like/dislike ratio on the video. No matter how, many South Park giffs you post. I do think denying it just enables this sort of behaviour more because it gives to the attackers more a reason to do it knowing people like you are going to tell us 'it's fake news'.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I’m not surprised at all by this. She’ll get a stern talking to, but that’s all. Then she’ll be the key to the next or final patch. Super keen to see where this goes.
    One of the characteris about to kill her but then someone else jumps in and informs everyone that they need her. I have seen my fair share of saturday morning cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    Buddy, it seems like you're the one who doesn't know what's going on. Sylvanas has canonically been serving the Jailer since she threw herself from the top of Icecrown in the "Edge of Night" short story...
    That is if you consider dev twitters a valid source of lore facts. Which has single handedly ruined the game. Because now we have more in-universe knowledge that is derived from tweet instead of actual in-game events.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    I'm assuming the soul fragment also contains the other half of her brain cells, given the brainlet thinking it took for Sylvanas to think The Jailor wasn't evil and that their relationship wasn't her being his lackey.
    If the Jailer did what he originally claimed he was going to do, he is absolutely the good guy.

Replacing the realm of the living (fragile, temporary) with the land of the dead (eternal, immortal) is obviously the greatest good anyone could ever do. It ends all wars, all suffering, all disease, plague, famine. It's only potentially problematic if the one god-tier guy is gonna try to rule over it.

To that end, the Jailer ruling over death isn't any different than the life-god ruling over life. Or the light-god, over light. Or the void-god, over void.

The bad writing bit is really the Jailer here. "My siblings were wrong to imprison me, so I'm going to imprison a bunch of unrelated people which will be somehow not wrong!" It would be one thing to take revenge on the literal people who jailed him, but revenging all of creation would be a greater wrong based on his own belief system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    One of the characteris about to kill her but then someone else jumps in and informs everyone that they need her. I have seen my fair share of saturday morning cartoons.
    As have the writers for the game, hence the lore for the entire expansion lol
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    UGH. Literally anyone could have done better.

If you want her to betray him as a story point... why not make it about her bargain being to get her soul back? And he DENIES her that, and it prompts her to TURN AGAINST HIM. He can still shrug off her attack and then say, fine, here's your soul back, but I'm LEAVING YOU HERE WITH THEM. He then abandons her to justice at the hands of her peers instead of her escaping to whatever.

Almost essentially the same but at least motivations are clear??

But no, your twist is that she decides to stop SERVING? She only NOW sees the total parallel of Jailer and Lich King?! You're telling me she was entirely all right with his "plan" up until ... when exactly, when his plan goes accordingly and he essentially wins?

This is terrible. WHAT was Sylvanas' motivation up until now?
    Have you just not watched or read literally anything leading up to this? The writing is like 8th grade level and very on the nose, where they state their motivations out loud. But somehow you're utterly confounded.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    After Frostmorne was shattered and the souls escaped, where do you think they went, exactly?

Hint: the Shadowlands, where all souls go.

This is really, really simple stuff.
    It's still just a colour which could mean anything. So much of the 'mystery' in this story is just writers using devices that constantly could apply to many conclusions.

Predictions?

Anduin is a boss in 9.3. Sylvanas will sacrifice herself to save him. Bam! Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    quite accurate, but you forgot THAT blizz forgot about her stormheim-latern thing... whatever that was, whatever its purpose and whole deal with it was lol XD
    i didn't include that since it literally amounted to nothing.