Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Say what you will about what I'm saying about myself with this; but I think Garrosh's situation just needs the littlest bit of empathy applied and it seems to make sense.

Imagine it was you about to put down your failed mentor and move on to the life you've earned, and suddenly without warning, the most shitty, disrespectful move played by Thrall, so much so that even across all time and space the Elements abandoned him, comes out snuffs out your light before it's finished blazing.

THEN you're immediately shoved into some dank holding cell and forced to basically Soul-Vomit violently day in and day out for elune-knows-how-long, full well seeing through these Vampiric dweebs and their penance BS.

I'm not saying it's my noblest side, but without a doubt I'd probably be steaming at Thrall for putting me in that place without a fair fight. I imagine I wouldn't even be able to care 'how long it's been' whatever that means in the Shadowlands, just that it's the last immediate event of my mortal life, and the beginning of an immortal hell.
    I do empathize with Garrosh's position.

But at the end of the day he made all his decisions and pretty much all of them had nothing to do with Thrall. Garrosh even says he lacked guidance and was left to make his own choices... which he did. And he just said he would do it all again. Thrall only factors into the end of his story.

Garrosh isn't blaming Thrall for his life. I understand that Garrosh may hate Thrall, but to say in the same breath, "I would do it all again, fuck that coward Thrall." It clearly says to me he is continuing to blame Thrall for his issues; which is a problem because Garrosh has never blamed Thrall.
    When Thrall accuses Garrosh of failing the Horde, Garrosh rightfully throws it back in his face, Thrall failed Garrosh. And Garrosh doesn't care because he thinks Thrall is a failure and a weak warchief/Orc.

What Garrosh would really say is "I did what I did and I would do it again, regrets and repentance are for the weak." If the writers wanted to slip in a jab while still maintaining a proper character, Garrosh would say "regrets and repentance are for weak warriors." calling back to the WoD fight cinematic.

Edit: lets put it this way: Garrosh is Thrall's whole story arc since Cata. Thrall is only part of Garrosh's arc at the end of WoD. The only time Thrall occurs to in Garrosh's story is when Thrall's story intersects. Otherwise Garrosh doesn't care.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-07-07 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It pretty clearly isn't. She just gets to have magic remorse before she dies.

Kerrigan is not an argument.
    yes, because psychic remorse is completely different.

edit: while i'm sad that garrosh was brought back just to die again, at least they didn't ruin him.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I do empathize with Garrosh's position.

But at the end of the day he made all his decisions and pretty much all of them had nothing to do with Thrall. Garrosh even says he lacked guidance and was left to make his own choices... which he did. And he just said he would do it all again. Thrall only factors into the end of his story.

Garrosh isn't blaming Thrall for his life. I understand that Garrosh may hate Thrall, but to say in the same breath, "I would do it all again, fuck that coward Thrall." It clearly says to me he is continuing to blame Thrall for his issues; which is a problem because Garrosh has never blamed Thrall.
    When Thrall accuses Garrosh of failing the Horde, Garrosh rightfully throws it back in his face, Thrall failed Garrosh. And Garrosh doesn't care because he thinks Thrall is a failure and a weak warchief/Orc.

What Garrosh would really say is "I did what I did and I would do it again, regrets and repentance are for the weak." If the writers wanted to slip in a jab while still maintaining a proper character, Garrosh would say "regrets and repentance are for weak warriors." calling back to the WoD fight cinematic.

Edit: lets put it this way: Garrosh is Thrall's whole story arc since Cata. Thrall is only part of Garrosh's arc at the end of WoD. The only time Thrall occurs to in Garrosh's story is when Thrall's story intersects. Otherwise Garrosh doesn't care.
    You toss around the notion that you know best what 'Would' happen with Garrosh, and it didn't happen. So I'm not sure that's even worth bringing up.
    Discussing specifically what did indeed happen is more productive to understanding Garrosh's emotions at this point.

As well, you've raised many rather un-related aspects of the Thrall/Garrosh relationship pertaining to the course of Garrosh's Life and actions, knowing full well the context of discussion is centered around why or why not Garrosh still blames Thrall for his Death. This just muddles the clarity of the conversation.

You bring up good points with Garrosh being unrepentant and standing his ground on whether he'd do it all again, and I'm personally seeing that as more of a good example as to why chastising Thrall for cutting his plans short makes sense. He wasn't finished, he would have done more had the 'World Shaman' not cowardly abused his power in favor of showing Honor.

It would seem to be at the moment that you have a high standard for Garrosh to meet when it comes to what he's allowed to feel regarding the betrayal in Nagrand. Garrosh had a flawed heart in life, and apparently no amount of "chad" energy you imagined he had makes him check his own ego.

Again I think things get muddled when we try to expand the discussion past Garrosh blaming Thrall for his untimely Death, and onto the nuances of Garrosh's many dicey relationships with characters of all kind, not only Thrall.

Ultimately it was Thrall who put Garrosh down, (or up? On a big rock hand.. lol) and it was totally a coward move.
    At the very least of all of this, it could well be that Garrosh just made that as a badass snarky quip, which he's known for, rather than your interpretation that he's been pettily moping about Thrall the whole time. (Which, come to think of it, doesn't sound like Garrosh to me!)
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

He definitely stayed consistent. A violent, jackass stubborn, raging, hypocritical moron who could never take responsibility and blamed others, full of sound and fury without substance, who went out in a pointless gesture that accomplished nothing.

Also, fun to see the same dead horses dragged out for a thorough flogging yet again:
    - ThRalL cHeAtEd!
    - GaRrOsH dId NoThInG wRonG!
    - He DiD iT FeR duH hErD!

When in reality, that idiot led to the Orcs being sidelined in the faction they created, nearly handed the world over to Old God influence, and convinced everyone who wasn't around for the Old Horde that the current Horde are the same bloodthirsty monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by briowow View Post
    garrosh continues doing nothing wrong.

Garrosh was right
    GARITHOS was right
    Last edited by FightingFarse; 2021-07-07 at 09:01 PM.

The best character WoW had to offer with a glorious finale. Garrosh - a true Warchief.

Garrosh deserved a real cinematic...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    He definitely stayed consistent. A violent, jackass stubborn, raging, hypocritical moron who could never take responsibility and blamed others, full of sound and fury without substance, who went out in a pointless gesture that accomplished nothing.
    The f*ck he stayed consistent..people really forget his story and how much backlash was there, because every patch he changed his goals/motivation...what we see here is the final product..thats ok. But let´s not pretend Garrosh did anything right

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What the hell is wrong with people? he was one of the best characters in game.
    alliance players still triggered about what he did in cata-mop

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Fuckin' hell even Garrosh is rerolling his warrior these days.

On a more serious note, pointlessly killing himself by blitzing an already-beaten opponent while screaming himself hoarse about how Thrall sucks is pretty on-brand for Garrosh, so at least he maintained a consistent characterization.
    he was already dead, this is more a free himself from the janitor kinda of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Garrosh was always a hot headed brute, he had no diplomacy and was a ego maniac
    And? it what made his character good, he had real and tangible flaws that made him more humane than most humans of the alliance.
    he blamed his failures on everyone else. Thrall was the biggest target as he was most likely chilling after saving the world against Deathwing and the Cataclysm. This was probably largely Out of Character because the playerbase was tired of Green Jesus having a star role and they put him on a break.
    No no no, if you actually played/read wow, you know the hate towards thrall was totally justified by making the orcs live in poverty and famine while trying to make peace with a people who actively were murdering and holding you hostage.

It really was only going to be a matter of time before Garrosh went down a darker path and that he did in MoP, if anything the infamous Cataclysm quest was out of sync with what Garrosh was about.
    Most of the reasons Garry went into a "dark path" was because the other horde leaders, who were supposed to advise and support him, turn their backs and tried to/sworn to, murder him. The infamous cataclysm quest was completely in character and was consistency with his past self who was scolded by Saurfang back in wtlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Krowth View Post

Aaaand he's gone again.

At least he went out like an absolute chad.
    An excellent end, but honestly i can't help but feel he might not be gone entirely even this time around.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

This cutscene is honestly just as shit as the ending one for the tier.

A good end. He did not say sorry, and to me that's all the matters. I didn't want a apology from him, I love his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    The f*ck he stayed consistent..people really forget his story and how much backlash was there, because every patch he changed his goals/motivation...what we see here is the final product..thats ok. But let´s not pretend Garrosh did anything right
    Oh no, I agree. Even Garrosh never seemed to know what he would do next. It was some of the most schizo writing in WoW.

I mean he was a consistently a raging idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I've got bad news for you. Since the Shadowlands are a pretty stupid afterlive and you can die in there again - which results in complete oblivion - he won't ever be back. Which I would consider a positive, as at least now he will be forever safe from the horrible writing.

If Blizzard actually manages to stay consistent for a change, that is.
    Sooo bad news, AU Garrosh is still active as the first orcish paladin, betraying the Maghari to join the light and force the others into becoming lightbound. Assuming they don't drop that plotline (maybe that would be for the best?) we may very well see him kicking down our door yelling DEUS VULT and demanding we repent for our sins.

Deleting yourself from retail is the ultimate chad move

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And? it what made his character good, he had real and tangible flaws that made him more humane than most humans of the alliance.
    He had flaws and he definitely did things wrong. I already said it made him an interesting character. I wouldn't call one of Garrosh's characteristics humane though..

No no no, if you actually played/read wow, you know the hate towards thrall was totally justified by making the orcs live in poverty and famine while trying to make peace with a people who actively were murdering and holding you hostage.
    I do play and read the lore, but I also know these topics are far more complex then Garrosh fanatics like to make out.

Most of the reasons Garry went into a "dark path" was because the other horde leaders, who were supposed to advise and support him, turn their backs and tried to/sworn to, murder him.
    There was plenty of times where people tried to advice the hot headed Garrosh and he ignored it. Lots of embarrassing moments too like when he got his men killed by severely underestimating his enemy of.. Quillboar. Baine came to save the day.

But alas I'm going to debate further on this topic, I've done so for hours in the past and it's like banging my head in to a wall trying make Garrosh fanatics find a middle ground. Peace!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    He had flaws and he definitely did things wrong. I already said it made him an interesting character. I wouldn't call one of Garrosh's characteristics humane though..
    real humane, yes, humans are not all flowers and honey.
    I do play and read the lore, but I also know these topics are far more complex then Garrosh fanatics like to make out.
    which is again, makes the hate towards thrall totally justified, it is complex, so handwave as "Garrossh just being hothead and egomaniac" is wrong.
    There was plenty of times where people tried to advice the hot headed Garrosh and he ignored it. Lots of embarrassing moments too like when he got his men killed by severely underestimating his enemy of.. Quillboar. Baine came to save the day.
    ah yes, all the times they try to mock, disrespect and undermine him, like Cairne straight up slapping him in the face by something he didn't, vol'jin saying he was going to murder him because he was actually fighting against the alliance, Baine asking for alliance help instead of him and so on, Really good advice, that was rly the way to do things to your warchief

But alas I'm going to debate further on this topic, I've done so for hours in the past and it's like banging my head in to a wall trying make Garrosh fanatics find a middle ground. Peace!
    i mean, there is little middle ground from since you are handwaving what the other character did, Garrosh did wrong things in th mop days, for sure, but trying to say it was all his fault and others didn't partake with that, or saying the reasons he did some things was not justified is just wrong, so, play pigeon chess if you like.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m struggling to see the point of bringing him back for one minute of cutscene.

Would have been much better if he spoke to other characters. Call Thrall a coward to his face before killing the bod and turning to ashes.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

That is quite possibly the only decent in-engine cutscene in the entire game.

it's better that he went out like this, being a badass with no regrets than getting a redemption and conforming to the pussy Horde ways that bow to the alliance. However I feel that this happened this way, because blizzard had no intention of doing anything with him and only did this because people wanted to see him(He's too toxic masculinity). Which makes me again dislike the choice to come to the Shadowlands, the place where everyone who has died gone just for Garrosh who before, we knew is in the afterlife, to now knowing he's not even existing anymore.

Now can we get Arthas, but not have him get dusted like this? Oi do we play the game of if we see him, it's only for 10 seconds and he has to die die as a result?