Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Thats it, the entire expansion, best 51 seconds of Shadowlands.

burn yourself and the enemy in sheer hatred to free yourself from the janitor domain.

May he rest in peace and forgotten in the orc heaven, far away from this awful writing team.

- - - Updated - - -

fuck the janitor, fuck thrall, fuck wow, im out, kudos to him.
    I wanted to say something similar, but you got it all perfectly already.

After more than half a year, this was the best part of Shadowlands by far.

So, they weren't able to CGI this 1-minute cinematic, after having done a shitload of CGI cinematics last expansion ? I guess that's only due to that random boss which they don't have the CGI model/skeleton for, but that's a total shame.
    That would have been glorious. If anything, even a "real" cutscene would have been like 800% better. But hey, we didn't get any proper thing for Tyrande in BfA, so what was I expecting

That was intense. A lot more intense that whatever they've delivered so far.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, not *very* long...

This cinematic basically said "Ok, he's *gone*, for real! Stop asking about him!", at least he remained true to his character, he died like he lived: like a warrior, weapon in hand, taking things head-on, i don't like what he did (Levelling Alliance through Cata content was a depressing pain in the rump), but i do like that at least one character in this expansion remained true to himself.
    I would still elect him warchief. By virtue of being super dead and absent from Orgrimmar, he can't do anything super dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because engine is older than many people who post here. They likely just can't lip sync. Not because of level of competency but because the way the game has been built since the late 1990s when development started just doesn't allow it.
    It's more like that they didn't want to update Garrosh's model to make it functional, but it's possible within the engine to some extent.
    https://youtu.be/pLxylmYMEOs?t=30
    Anduin's lip sync isn't perfect, but it certainly looks better than this.

Question is...why make a shot like this when the model you are zooming isn't capable of lip sync?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Suiciding himself on an already defeated opponent out of sheer pride is a very Garrosh thing to do, so I guess he stayed true to himself till the end.
    like why is everyone thinking he is gone for good? if this really was the ending of garrosh it was garbage. he got hyped in some other trailer that he was in revendreth so people were hoping to see him, now they see him 10 seconds and he kills himself? i mean even the disappearing seems odd to me, he finishes the boss with a weapon - then dies? like why? this makes no sense.

This is easily the best 51 seconds of all of Shadowlands despite the shitty animations. Garrosh literally doesn't want to be part of the game anymore and goes out like a chad. He will be remembered as one of WoW's best characters.... of which there are like 3 of them.

Garrosh unsubbed. He's free now.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "For the Horde"? huh? didn't he hate the Horde?
    He never hated the Horde. Before Thrall kills him in WoD he said that everything he did was for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Temporarily popping back onto the forums again to say I regret nothing in my posting career, and I have been completely and eternally vindicated in my support of Garrosh.

I said he did nothing wrong, he said he did nothing wrong, and ultimately, even Blizzard's own writing team admitted he did nothing wrong in sparing him of the treatment every other character has received in Shadowlands.

F for the best character.
    Don't worry he will be back. They gonna milk him again once they start running dry on ideas.

Glad that Garrosh atleast stayed true to himself.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    like why is everyone thinking he is gone for good? if this really was the ending of garrosh it was garbage. he got hyped in some other trailer that he was in revendreth so people were hoping to see him, now they see him 10 seconds and he kills himself? i mean even the disappearing seems odd to me, he finishes the boss with a weapon - then dies? like why? this makes no sense.
    The thing is Garrosh was already dead and his story was wrapped up neatly so a cameo was nice but really anymore and it could of ruined him. He was a good character because of his flaws and his lack of self-reflection. I don't understand the #GarroshDidNothingWrong fanatics because he did a awful lot wrong but that's what made him interesting, he had a tragic story and it went full circle.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I bloody loved it! Garrosh, the arrogant asshole right until the end. This is what character consistency looks like.

why my character couldnt pull this during the previous exp only blizzard know.
    gg garrosh, the only good thing of that shitfest
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I've got bad news for you. Since the Shadowlands are a pretty stupid afterlive and you can die in there again - which results in complete oblivion - he won't ever be back. Which I would consider a positive, as at least now he will be forever safe from the horrible writing.

If Blizzard actually manages to stay consistent for a change, that is.
    Unless they bring ALTERNATE Garrosh into the play, you know the one mentioned in Maghar questline, who sided with Yrel against his father?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I don't understand the #GarroshDidNothingWrong fanatics because he did a awful lot wrong but that's what made him interesting, he had a tragic story and it went full circle.
    He did nothing wrong because Blizzard hit him over the head with a "not-see" stick, because pathetic whiners (like I was) moaned that they didn't like the change in Horde's status-quo in Cataclysm and didn't like that Garrosh was more aggressive and less peace-loving than Thrall. Looking back now I regret ever thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krowth View Post

Aaaand he's gone again.

At least he went out like an absolute chad.
    Again? i think forever, like varian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    He never hated the Horde. Before Thrall kills him in WoD he said that everything he did was for the Horde.
    Orcish Horde, perhaps. But, not this cluster of races Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, not *very* long...

This cinematic basically said "Ok, he's *gone*, for real! Stop asking about him!", at least he remained true to his character, he died like he lived: like a warrior, weapon in hand, taking things head-on, i don't like what he did (Levelling Alliance through Cata content was a depressing pain in the rump), but i do like that at least one character in this expansion remained true to himself.
    no one in his true mind rly asked for him to show up, we knew they would ruin him even more

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    That's exactly how I imagined us meeting Garrosh again would go - some screaming, some raging, zero capability for self-reflection and then a quick "for the Horde" and smashing something with a giant weapon just for the hell of it. Good stuff!
    And that is what we need in wow story, not this over complicated dumb plot of 54dchess, i miss the old days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    The thing is Garrosh was already dead and his story was wrapped up neatly so a cameo was nice but really anymore and it could of ruined him. He was a good character because of his flaws and his lack of self-reflection. I don't understand the #GarroshDidNothingWrong fanatics because he did a awful lot wrong but that's what made him interesting, he had a tragic story and it went full circle.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong, the devs did by hitting him with the villain bad, he was fine from tbc till middle mop, when he start doing wrong things because others characters also did.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    like why is everyone thinking he is gone for good?.
    Because he was already dead, he prob used his left energy as a bomb to turn the other guy in dust and cease to exist, or, he went to orc heaven finally, or, he just joined the other versions of himself in the "rope" like they explained earlier in the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Unless they bring ALTERNATE Garrosh into the play, you know the one mentioned in Maghar questline, who sided with Yrel against his father?
    they for sure will, they can't help themselves, but the true OG is already free from them

really depressing that "staying in character" only ever applies to characters that get written off.

fan service one hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Can't wait for Blizzard to go "SYKE here you go your ol' boy Garrosh is back again" two expansions from now, because they need to recycle characters again.
    This is exactly what will happen. His ending in this cinematic is left totally ambiguous, who knows what happened to him, we just don't know. If they want to bring him back they will.

Garrosh deserves to come back and get a redemption just like Illidan did. Not ruin his character in the process by making him a good two shoes good guy, but a redemption none the less. And current Blizzard loves riding the nostalgia for older characters and expansions, Garrosh can achieve that just like they did with Illidan and Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

This cinematic basically said "Ok, he's *gone*, for real! Stop asking about him!"
    Why would he be gone for good?

Looking at his personality it's our Garrosh and yet there were many versions of Garrosh in AU realities that were good guys. According to the lore different AU versions should all merge into one being in the Shadowlands and thus none of it makes sense. Why should many good versions of Garrosh be punished for one bad guy? (I don't think he's bad but for the sake of argument).

It leaves a gigantic lore plothole. What happened to the other versions of Garrosh? Or why does the lore work differently for this character compared to other characters?

Besides that, how do we even know he destroyed himself? We just see him vanish, nothing more. Who knows what happened to him now. It leaves more questions than answers.

If they truly wanted to end the discussion regarding Garrosh they did a very poor job. I expect him back in a few expansions. His character is too good to miss out on for that long anyway. Just like how they brought back Illidan or Arthas.