Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Yeah. Her character is totally protected.
    https://streamable.com/emlhqg

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    There's no doubt that she was lied to by the Jailer -- the WoW story establishes this firmly. But it would be unfair and irrational to judge her too harshly for trusting him; far more omniscient beings than her have been fooled by far less powerful beings than the Jailer, in fiction.
    Fuck no. FUCK NO. It's precisely because he is what is she should have NEVER trusted him. It doesn't make sense for her to put her blind trust in a powerful, seemingly malevolent entity. And he didn't even fucking "trick" her. He was pretty fucking honest with his intentions, as far as literal Satans go. He didn't mind control her, he didn't blackmail her, he just spun a tale and Sylvanas just went with it, no questions asked. They won't ever show how that deal went about because they literally can't, there's just no way of portraying something like that without it turning into a fullblown parody. And if other NPCs could tell at first glance that Jailer is up to no good, why couldn't Sylvanas? She's a fucking asshole, it takes one to know one. Because she's a grade A cunt, she should've seen through the Jailer right away. It's just completely wrong for her not to. She didn't even consider the possibily? Like, just in case, worst case scenario? It's just fucking immpossible, plain and simple.

    Just fucking think about it. Just think about it. It's not some petty crime, we're talking about remaking the fucking reality here. The sheer fucking magnitude of that endeavour. The sheer fucking scale of that shit. You don't go into something like that without spending at least 5 minutes of some careful consideration. You don't just go about remaking the fucking cosmos without some planning, you don't do that if you're not pretty fucking convinced in your ideals. Few fucking years has Sylvanas been serving.. oh pardon, working with the Jailer. Few years to think, to asses the risks and think things through. Countless instances of Arthas-like behaviour, throwing the S word around, and nope. It all was forgotten. Blizz act like she's traumatised and the sheer mention of the word "serve" reawakens her trauma when they had her throw that word around like it means nothing. It doesn't work that way. You can't have cake and eat it too.

    Don't try to justify it. No matter how you try to spin it, it's bad. Bad. BAD! Bad and fucked three ways from sunday.


    Oh man, I have much more to say, but I won't. It's not worth it. I owe it to myself to just move on as soon as it's possible.

  3. #223
    I am Murloc! Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,636
    This thread has definitely delivered.

    The nerdrage at peoples' headcanon not being confirmed, the new headcanon being spun. It's just wonderful to see.

  4. #224
    Brewmaster Uzkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    And he didn't even fucking "trick" her. He was pretty fucking honest with his intentions, as far as literal Satans go. He didn't mind control her, he didn't blackmail her, he just spun a tale and Sylvanas just went with it, no questions asked.
    Lol, that's a record-fast way to contradict oneself.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Lol, that's a record-fast way to contradict oneself.
    Not a native speaker and used that expression wrong. I just meant he told her his intentions and she went with them.

    Doesn't change how bad it the development is.

  6. #226
    "SYLVANAS BURNED TELDRASIL BECAUSE SHE WANTED ALL TO SERVE DEATH"

    Did she though? I realize the headcannon is strong in this thread and Sylvanas is a polarizing character, but I don't know if burning Teldrasil was her end goal. It seemed to me to be more a moment of rashness. The whole "you can't kill hope" thing. Sylvanas wanted to start a war. And she accomplished that. But she didn't have to burn Teldrasil to accomplish that. The war machines and everything are still there, she could have simply attacked it, destroyed part, etc. Yea, this is headcannon also, but the way the cinematic plays out isn't like, "ok, continue with the plan to burn the tree". Its more, "ok, change of plans, burn it", and when the soldiers hesitate she yells "BURN IT!" It seems Blizz has been trying to show more nuanced emotion in some of their cinematics, especially in regard to Sylvanas.

  7. #227
    As if the lore will go as deep into the topic as the issue of culpability. Sylvanas will help us out against the Jailer and that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Fuck no. FUCK NO. It's precisely because he is what is she should have NEVER trusted him. It doesn't make sense for her to put her blind trust in a powerful, seemingly malevolent entity. And he didn't even fucking "trick" her. He was pretty fucking honest with his intentions, as far as literal Satans go. He didn't mind control her, he didn't blackmail her, he just spun a tale and Sylvanas just went with it, no questions asked. They won't ever show how that deal went about because they literally can't, there's just no way of portraying something like that without it turning into a fullblown parody. And if other NPCs could tell at first glance that Jailer is up to no good, why couldn't Sylvanas? She's a fucking asshole, it takes one to know one. Because she's a grade A cunt, she should've seen through the Jailer right away. It's just completely wrong for her not to. She didn't even consider the possibily? Like, just in case, worst case scenario? It's just fucking immpossible, plain and simple.

    Just fucking think about it. Just think about it. It's not some petty crime, we're talking about remaking the fucking reality here. The sheer fucking magnitude of that endeavour. The sheer fucking scale of that shit. You don't go into something like that without spending at least 5 minutes of some careful consideration. You don't just go about remaking the fucking cosmos without some planning, you don't do that if you're not pretty fucking convinced in your ideals. Few fucking years has Sylvanas been serving.. oh pardon, working with the Jailer. Few years to think, to asses the risks and think things through. Countless instances of Arthas-like behaviour, throwing the S word around, and nope. It all was forgotten. Blizz act like she's traumatised and the sheer mention of the word "serve" reawakens her trauma when they had her throw that word around like it means nothing. It doesn't work that way. You can't have cake and eat it too.

    Don't try to justify it. No matter how you try to spin it, it's bad. Bad. BAD! Bad and fucked three ways from sunday.


    Oh man, I have much more to say, but I won't. It's not worth it. I owe it to myself to just move on as soon as it's possible.
    I mean, to be entirely fair, Sylvanas is kind of an idiot. That's been pretty well-established from the get-go. She's a savant when it comes to tactics (especially given the low bar she's up against), but she's not particularly bright.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    As if the lore will go as deep into the topic as the issue of culpability. Sylvanas will help us out against the Jailer and that's that.
    Pretty much this. The moment someone is on the good side again (for whatever reason) they will not face any consequences.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    As if the lore will go as deep into the topic as the issue of culpability. Sylvanas will help us out against the Jailer and that's that.
    Well, the question is more how people will respond afterwards. Someone either has to kill her, or not kill her, or do something with her. She obviously won't just disappear after this--she needs to do something, and the others need to respond in some way. Things obviously do not occur in a vacuum, and that's the topic at hand.

  11. #231
    The Lore is shit, Sylvanas was Edgy an Unpredictable early in WoW and know is just an annoy yandere.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That was the real 6d underwater backgammon. Just like she's aware she's a character in a book and so hides her true intentions even in internal monologue to deceive the reader she uses her meta abilities to set up her own redemption. Truly devilish.
    This whole time, Danuser has actually been Sylvanas in disguise. I mean, she's a narcissistic dictator--do you really think she wouldn't be utterly obsessed with herself? Think, Dickmann, think!

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Looks like Baine is going to have defend another warchief in court again.
    I wonder how will he try to believably claim he's not an Alliance bootlicker this time, given how he literally cut off a part of his body and sent it to the Alliance's High King just because he could no longer be his pen pal since the previous trial.


    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, the question is more how people will respond afterwards. Someone either has to kill her, or not kill her, or do something with her. She obviously won't just disappear after this--she needs to do something, and the others need to respond in some way. Things obviously do not occur in a vacuum, and that's the topic at hand.
    That's precisely what I was talking about. The act of helping us alone will itself redeem Sylvanas, brush everything under the carpet and the plot will contort itself so that Sylvanas will face no repercussions. No one on the good guys side ever does in Warcraft. Especially if they are of the pro-Blanduin variety of good guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I wonder how will he try to believably claim he's not an Alliance bootlicker this time, given how he literally cut off a part of his body and sent it to the Alliance's High King just because he could no longer be his pen pal since the previous trial.




    That's precisely what I was talking about. The act of helping us alone will itself redeem Sylvanas, brush everything under the carpet and the plot will contort itself so that Sylvanas will face no repercussions. No one on the good guys side ever does in Warcraft. Especially if they are of the pro-Blanduin variety of good guys.
    Are you certain? Naïve of me, perhaps, but I'd assume they'd at least make some effort to tie up the loose end. I'd presume the Forsaken wouldn't welcome her back, so where would Sylvie go?

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That's precisely what I was talking about. The act of helping us alone will itself redeem Sylvanas, brush everything under the carpet and the plot will contort itself so that Sylvanas will face no repercussions. No one on the good guys side ever does in Warcraft. Especially if they are of the pro-Blanduin variety of good guys.
    Maybe they'll turn Tyrande into a villain over this as a bonus meme.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    This thread has definitely delivered.

    The nerdrage at peoples' headcanon not being confirmed, the new headcanon being spun. It's just wonderful to see.
    "Hahaha look at all these people being passionate."

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    This whole time, Danuser has actually been Sylvanas in disguise. I mean, she's a narcissistic dictator--do you really think she wouldn't be utterly obsessed with herself? Think, Dickmann, think!
    It all checks out. We all thought he wanted to hook up with Sylvanas, but he actually was Sylvanas all along and this story is electronic masturbation.

    I mean, that last part isn't really a surprise, but the reasoning is new. And in any case I don't think he's Nathanos either, he sees himself as the Jailer - both are bald men who control Sylvanas to her detriment after all.

    Also, Sylvanas will not suffer any repercussions for this and Tyrande won't be villain-batted over it either, she'll forgive Sylvanas because it wasn't her, it was the Blue Man. Pin it, it'll happen. Remember AU!Grom and the Draenei cheering him on after he piled their corpses sky high, fed their souls to Gul'dan to power his portal to invade a world he knew fuck all about. Remember Illidan and how the Lightforged just meekly went along with him after he lasered their godhead. Sylvanas will walk in their footsteps. Likely so will Arthas and the two will quip at each other in 9.2 while handing out daily quests.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-07-08 at 01:41 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Maybe they'll turn Tyrande into a villain over this as a bonus meme.
    Tyrande has been manipulating the Jailor to manipulate Sylvanas this whole time.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It all checks out. We all thought he wanted to hook up with Sylvanas, but he actually was Sylvanas all along and this story is electronic masturbation.

    I mean, that last part isn't really a surprise, but the reasoning is new. And in any case I don't think he's Nathanos either, he sees himself as the Jailer - both are bald men who control Sylvanas to her detriment after all.

    Also, Sylvanas will not suffer any repercussions for this and Tyrande won't be villain-batted over it either, she'll forgive Sylvanas because it wasn't her, it was the Blue Man. Pin it, it'll happen. Remember AU!Grom and the Draenei cheering him on after he piled their corpses sky high, fed their souls to Gul'dan to power his portal to invade a world he knew fuck all about. Remember Illidan and how the Lightforged just meekly went along with him after he lasered their godhead. Sylvanas will walk in their footsteps. Likely so will Arthas and the two will quip at each other in 9.2 while handing out daily quests.
    The image of Arthas and Sylvanas casually sassing one another would be nonsense if not for the fact we did the same thing with Maiev and Illidan.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Are you certain? Naïve of me, perhaps, but I'd assume they'd at least make some effort to tie up the loose end. I'd presume the Forsaken wouldn't welcome her back, so where would Sylvie go?
    There will be no loose end to tie up once Sylvanas will be considered redeemed, which she will be when she helps us save reality from the gimp-lord. At which point they Forsaken will build her a palace. And the Night Elves will fund it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Maybe they'll turn Tyrande into a villain over this as a bonus meme.
    Nah, I think this is how Sylvanas vs Tyrande storyline will end:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Nah, the Night Warrior storyline is pretty much perfect as it is. The only venue of upgrading it further is to have Tyrande learn about the amazing story bit of Sylvanas' soul being split by Frostmourne. After which she'd apologize Sylvanas for judging her too harshly while not having all of the information and then ask Elune to turn her into a Blood Elf so she could atone for that.
    Firstly, it fits the deep message of how everyone should hold hands and sing kumbaya together that Warcraft strives for. Secondly, it's even more insulting to the Night Elves, which also looks like focal point of WoW's writing. Thirdly, it's monumentally more stupid and if you can expect one thing from WoW's lore is that it will always pursue the stupidest path there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •