Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    But if that was the point, what is going to happen next week has no reason to be.
    According to the spoilers.

    Clearly, everything about the PTR has been discarded.
    What do you mean? Where we use the other night warriors to save her? Tyrande says something like one last time or some shit in darnassian doesn't she? Implying she knows this is gonna kill her. We already knew the night warrior power eventually killed everyone so just because Elune dropped her power lvl doesn't mean Tyrande was safe from dying from the power without our eventual intervention.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo we can get another elf race using dexterity and glaives in combat? But now punishing enemies in the name of the moon?
    Idk if it would be elf only since the other night warriors are different races. I'd assume they would have a dual wield/glaives spec and a ranged bow spec since both Tyrande and Sylvanas used a bow. Probably a heal spec as well. I think it would end up being a class so that bows and glaives aren't just 1 class exclusive items.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What do you mean? Where we use the other night warriors to save her? Tyrande says something like one last time or some shit in darnassian doesn't she? Implying she knows this is gonna kill her. We already knew the night warrior power eventually killed everyone so just because Elune dropped her power lvl doesn't mean Tyrande was safe from dying from the power without our eventual intervention.
    From what she implies to Tyrande, Elune saves her again in the next cinematic.
    Why does he have to save her twice from the same thing? and in two different chapters?

    I mean what is the function in the story besides taking up space.

    PS: Let us remember that one of the Night warriors does not die ... If that was necessary, Elune could have saved her instead of lengthening her to save her again later.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Elune is going to empower Sylvanas and be the one to strike the final blow against the jailer after we do all the heavy lifting.
    The Shadowlands is free!

  4. #24
    My money is still on a Kerrigan-esque ending, perhaps not as on the nose, but i imagine something akin to Illidan where Sylvanas hands out some piece of critical information or does something small but crucial to thwart the Jailer.

    The Jailer would have likely achieved his plans without Sylvanas in the long run but she's the only "living" aide de comp of Zovaal, hence she's the one that knows how to break his plans.
    I imagine Elune is to some extent aware of this and thus gave Sylvanas free reign in order to stay in the good graces of the Jailer.

    Heck, might even explain why Elune didn't do jackshit to save the Night elves when Teldrassil burned, more souls for Zovaal due to Sylvanas' actions => Jailer is more likely to trust her => Sylvanas is still "redeemable" and in a position to betray the Jailer.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Heck, might even explain why Elune didn't do jackshit to save the Night elves when Teldrassil burned, more souls for Zovaal due to Sylvanas' actions => Jailer is more likely to trust her => Sylvanas is still "redeemable" and in a position to betray the Jailer.
    Which puts Elune on the same level of evil as the rest of the great villains of WoW.

    All of you will suffer in horrible ways but it is for the greater good.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm guessing Elune doesn't want Sylvanas to die for some reason we don't know about yet. Maybe?
    Remember X'era and Illidan's arc? It turns out X'era was a filthy eavesdropper but misheard Elune and got a wrong Elf. In truth, Sylvanas is the chosen one, the Child of Light and Shadow.

    I'm ready for Sylvanas to become an avatar of Elune to strike the final blow to the Jailer. The story writes itself at this point, it would be such an irony but also such a spit in the Night Elf players.

    It's kind of terrifying to think what they have planned for 10.0.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Joker is entertaining.
    Joker and Batman were entertaining back when they were normal humans. These days both are boring popularity symbols who keep getting power ups.

  8. #28
    Really hope she just red wedding her. Like everyone is there forgiving undead lady then just ganks her in the back in front of them all..

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    It's kind of terrifying to think what they have planned for 10.0.
    indeed

    we're gonna get 10.0 of how the light was actually always evil, and all the good things any naaru did was actually bad and for the light to gain control of everyone, cause apparently the light now wants to control the universe

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Joker and Batman were entertaining back when they were normal humans. These days both are boring popularity symbols who keep getting power ups.
    I did not really read up much beyond Killing Joke but Batman Who Laughs is pretty amazing

  11. #31
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    She knows nothing we don't already know; and if SHE did know anything of value, then it would be the most idiotic decision in the entirety of the franchise for the Jailer to leave her alive, which he did
    Bad guys/girls in WoW invariably do very stupid things. Lots of them, I might add.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Sylvanas will have to be used to rescue Anduin and thwart the Jailor. We cannot do it with her dead. Tyrande will have to learn to forgive the Horde but not Sylvanas. Sylvanas while she may be redeemed will still answer for her crimes.
    Now that Sylvanas is again nothing more than a mere ranger, without any special powers, what could she possibly do to thwart the jailer.

    I'm still waiting for the Horde as the ones who lost the 4th war to pay reparations to the Kaldorei and sending their slaves to clean up the lands they destroyed, also giving back (uncontested) Darkshore and Ashenvale to them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Which puts Elune on the same level of evil as the rest of the great villains of WoW.

    All of you will suffer in horrible ways but it is for the greater good.
    Actually, Sylvanas enabled the Jailer for her own ends. That does not exactly make her redeemable. It makes her all the more culpable.


  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Actually, Sylvanas enabled the Jailer for her own ends. That does not exactly make her redeemable. It makes her all the more culpable.
    Yes, but so did Varock and the Horde with Sylvana and now they are supposed to redeem themselves.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    indeed

    we're gonna get 10.0 of how the light was actually always evil, and all the good things any naaru did was actually bad and for the light to gain control of everyone, cause apparently the light now wants to control the universe
    Which directly shits on the questline that was added in memory of a developer who died during Wrath, and the questlines for dead WoW fans, including children. Ain't Danuser classy?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Yes, but so did Varock and the Horde with Sylvana and now they are supposed to redeem themselves.
    Only Andy boy forgave Saurfang. And now he's paying the price for it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •