Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is the Arbiter destroyed now?

Didn't get that from the cinematic. Is it dead or just got the chest ball stolen from her?
    If yes, that's once again most pathetic writing.
    A wise Arbiter, the key entity, ruler of all Shadowlands...
    Arbiter: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *dies.
    Fantastic. I can feel the importance of character from beyond the screen.

I still hope that now she's not dead but finally wakes up, cause she owes us a whole goddamn lot of explaining.
    In fact, we had next to zero new information about what's going on, almost nothing since the ANNOUNCEMENT. What is Jailer up to? He's just bad and wants sOmEtHiNG iMpORtaNt.
    And it's almost a year since launch.
    I really hope that Arbiter will finally justify her existence and tell us everything. What the hell has happened with the machine of death, who is and who was Zovaal, what and why he did and what he's up to, what is the Sepulcher and so on.

And yeah, she has to cast Sylvanas to Revendreth for at least 10k years. Or else this writing is completely absurd.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Arbiter thing (it really looks like a robot rather than an independent entity) is likely to remain completely non operational, since not only its circuits were overcharged, but also its battery was taken out. And I guess that suitable replacements must be in really short supply there in the SL.

Furthermore, even if the Arbiter was operational again, I really doubt that a damn glorified souls router can provide a meaningful explanation, if any at all.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-07-08 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Syntax
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Didn't get that from the cinematic. Is it dead or just got the chest ball stolen from her?
    If yes, that's once again most pathetic writing.
    A wise Arbiter, the key entity, ruler of all Shadowlands...
    Arbiter: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *dies.
    Fantastic. I can feel the importance of character from beyond the screen.

I still hope that now she's not dead but finally wakes up, cause she owes us a whole goddamn lot of explaining.
    In fact, we had next to zero new information about what's going on, almost nothing since the ANNOUNCEMENT. What is Jailer up to? He's just bad and wants sOmEtHiNG iMpORtaNt.
    And it's almost a year since launch.
    I really hope that Arbiter will finally justify her existence and tell us everything. What the hell has happened with the machine of death, who is and who was Zovaal, what and why he did and what he's up to, what is the Sepulcher and so on.

And yeah, she has to cast Sylvanas to Revendreth for at least 10k years. Or else this writing is completely absurd.
    I mean Kyrestia the Firstborn survived her attack; I am sure the Arbiter would as well.

Like with so much of SL, we have no fucking clue.

We don't even know what the Arbiter really is, how it came to be, what caused it to malfunction exactly, and so on.

Could be they put the orb thing in it to power it; could be it's not required for that, but was just put there to keep it away from Zovaal. Who knows.

I mean, it seems like she's existed as long as the rest of the covenant leaders.

But when Zovaal takes the sigil, he does say it's his *again*.

I would take a guess and say the arbiter was never really much of a character honestly. There's only 5 sigils so if one was Zovaals, his probably just got moved to the arbiter as a balance thing.

Sylvanas will use the Arbiter as a mecha.

Yeah the Arbiter is gone. You can see her fade away right at the start of the cinematic as the orb is pulled from her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The Arbiter thing (it really looks like a robot rather than an independent entity) is likely to remain completely non operational, since not only its circuits were overcharged, but also its battery was taken out. And I guess that suitable replacements must be in really short supply there in the SL.

Furthermore, even if the Arbiter was operational again, I really doubt that a damn glorified souls router can provide a meaningful explanation, if any at all.
    Whoa whoa. You don't believe in the PuRpOsE?!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way to tell really. This expansion has been extremely vague about a lot of important lore regarding the Shadowlands and how it works.
    And considering how long in the expansion we're in, it's a bit jarring.

Especially when you consider the other magics and locations outside of them that have been using souls and the like as fuel or as a gathering
    location.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Sylvanas will use the Arbiter as a mecha.
    Prediction: The Arbiter was Elune all along, she wasn't assisting the Night Elves because she was KO'd. Arbiter/Elune is dead now so at the end of the expansion Sylvanas will take over for the Arbiter. Sylvanas becomes the new Elune.
    Khadgar: "Well Zergy, are you armed?"

*Does a facepalm using [Blackhand's Severed Arm]*

Quote Originally Posted by Zergy View Post
    Prediction: The Arbiter was Elune all along, she wasn't assisting the Night Elves because she was KO'd. Arbiter/Elune is dead now so at the end of the expansion Sylvanas will take over for the Arbiter. Sylvanas becomes the new Elune.
    Cinematic: we can see a sprout from Teldrassil! The elves are happy because her new Goddess is repairing all the damage. Then, the camera sets on Anduin and he claims: Azeroth is Free!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it looks like the Arbiter was disenchanted when the infinity orb (going by the now blatant infinity symbol shown on it) was taken by the Jailer so until the story progresses we have no clue if the Arbiter is even important anymore or even coming back.

I mean we've had zero interaction with the character and she's been inactive for the whole expansion so far it's not like we're actually losing anything of worth.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

In the cinematic, the Arbiter dissolves into the orb that Zovaal takes. But, we can probably take the orb right back out of The Jailer again and trap him in the Maw again - presumably. We may need the help of whoever and/or whatever did it last time though. We may not need another Arbiter to necessarily come from the Jailer again - unless something about the nature of The Jailer was essential to the Arbiter being able to do their job (as Taliesin speculated, a clockwork realm was the Jailer's home - which would play into the Arbiter's ability to slow down time and judge souls to the degree they were). Personally, I thought the portal looked like it was more sword and web themed... maybe Naaru-like. But, Zovaal's visual armor theme seems entirely separate and more tied to Death to me. Maybe he only took on those aspects since The Maw. My first thought was that The Jailer was going to wage war on The Light or something. But, if he does rule over some kind of clock-like afterlife, or some kind of Judgement based afterlife (another kind of theme that could play into the Arbiter being able to judge souls very well, I guess) then it would be pretty hard to replace the Arbiter unless there were another Shadowland zone with a similar theme that could otherwise judge souls well as a substitute. So, it might be necessary for us to re-imprison The Jailer by taking out The Arbiter again.

Don't worry mate. Just buy the future 30$ book explaining everything in details if you want to know

On a serious note, I think we shouldn't draw conclusions right now. There is plenty of time for us to find another magical device that'll reboot her - or someone who knows wtf is going on overall.

Of course it's vague, Danuser is making shit up as he goes along. And like @Ophenia said, all will be explained in a book later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I mean, in the cinematic you see the Arbiter fizzle away after the Infinity Ball gets ripped from it, as in, not existing anymore
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I hope they don't do something stupid like Zovaal was actually the original Arbiter but something happened so he got replaced by this construct-like Arbiter

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling the Arbiter has been disabled fully now, as the Jailer has reclaimed what apparently was his.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pay attention to the first 2 seconds of the cinematic

You actually see the arbiter dissolve.. What I can see that thing is gone. But since we had no interaction with the Arbiter at all... I dont think we miss anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I hope they don't do something stupid like Zovaal was actually the original Arbiter but something happened so he got replaced by this construct-like Arbiter
    Whatbdo you mean... this forum has been saying exactly that since the start of the expansion and frankly its one of the better stories so far.. and that says alot.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-07-08 at 11:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    She disappears when the orb is taken away.

Looking at the way it plays out, the Arbiter probably IS the orb and manifests when not under the Jailers control.

Formerly known as Arafal